Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The bermuda triangle.

Sporkling

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lightning88

• Marby

• Mattshark

• Obsin

its a common fact that there is a unusual amount of storms there.They easily swallow unknowing pilots or captians

There are?? Wow, funny considering i live in Bermuda and I can't seem to tell the difference between the frequency of storms here and the frequency in the other places in the world I've lived. Let's ask folk in Miami, since they hit one part of the triangle. Let also asks folks in the Bahamas since they hit the southernmost end. There is no "triangle" of doom, destruction, and despair. Itty bitty ships + big ol' ocean = chance for things to disappear.

maybe it's a disorder in the electromagnetic field of the earth that causes the human brain and the devices to malfunction. We know that electromagnetic waves can interfere with our brain and can also cause electric devices to malfunction.

This is my theory.

the storm therie is wrong.because of one simple FACT,many things go missing there during sunny days.the elecromegnetic stuff makes sense for why planes go down but does not explain the boats.the best thing i heard that comes close to explaining it in my mind is that gasses relesed from the ocean floor in large amounts sink ships within seconds.tlc or disc did a show on it.but i cant remember the name.when the gasses are relessed the ship above can fall100 feet in a second instantly being sunk,that explains the lack of s.o.s calls when that gas hit a plane above it can cause the engine to stall instantly.but personly i think it's a few different things,like electro,gas,and storms etc

But many people claim atlantis had a power source that now messes up systems,or aliens took them,or wormholes,etc

I cant wait to think what people think.

great thread btw

Edited by silverracerkh2005

I set up a poll on this in urban legends.a few minutes ago.check it.

...is a media myth that won't die, spawned by the marketing of a cheezzzzzeee book from the '70s. Suckers keep buyin' the books, though. Obsin made some really good points that seem to have flown right over the heads of some.

There are others:

1. There are no more mysterious disappearances here than anywhere else. In other words, stuff gets lost all over the world.

2. There are no strange forces being detected here that aren't also "detected" elsewhere. Stuff breaks all over the world.

3. There are no magical mists occurring here (but there may be methane hydrate) that can't be explained. Stuff called fog happens all over the world.

4. Flight 19 was a tragedy, but never a mystery to any of the witnesses and folks who were involved. Years later, again for marketing reasons, this was dredged up to make a buck. Stuff gets done to separate suckers from their money all over the world.

Nothing new or exciting in any of that.

you are a skeptic indeed.flight 19 was a mystery then and now also the plane sent to find it also vanished.many ships and planes still go missing every year there more often than any other place.

maybe it's a disorder in the electromagnetic field of the earth that causes the human brain and the devices to malfunction. We know that electromagnetic waves can interfere with our brain and can also cause electric devices to malfunction.

This is my theory.

I'm close to thinking that, too.

I'm close to thinking that, too.

Points to optimisticskeptic's post, you should read it.

Notice how many flights to Bermuda don't disappear.

Ships sink. Pilots make errors. All it takes is one little mistake to get shipwrecked or crash. the bubble theory is probable but we should just accept it may be coincidences because unless someone comes with 100% scientific proof of the reason of the occurrences there will always be different theories

Storms are off the list, a pilot was on radio contact saying the weather was fine and stuff then the radio suddenly went dead. Your looking at a complicated phenomenon.

Storms are off the list, a pilot was on radio contact saying the weather was fine and stuff then the radio suddenly went dead. Your looking at a complicated phenomenon.

Magnetism plays a big role in messing up compasses and communications systems. This is where earth's magnetic north coincides with geographical north.

Or more accurately it is nothing, because there really is nothing. Nothing unusual, nothing mysterious. Nothing.

Or more accurately it is nothing, because there really is nothing. Nothing unusual, nothing mysterious. Nothing.

In my poll,so far it's a tie beetwen multiple stange things and storms.at 26% then 7% aliens 7%gas 13% nothing strange and 20%electromagnetic fields.I'll keep you guys/girls updated once a day.and if you havent voted yet plz do.

• 1 month later...
There's nothing supernatural about the Bermuda Triangle. It's a stormy area.

i cant find record of anything unexplained since 05.

Magnetic interference probably gives the best valid explanation. Who knows before the last pole shift, Bermuda used to be one of the poles or maybe it is the most exact centrepoint for the current poles and compasses go haywire from not being able to determine if its north or south.

Edited by Tracker7

• 3 months later...

Hmmm ... And yet still nothing weird has happened to Bermuda in the few months since I first posted in this thread. I suggest people take a trip to this isle of mines and find out about the triangle first hand as local fishermen and piolets laugh in your face and bust your ego.

Hmmm ... And yet still nothing weird has happened to Bermuda in the few months since I first posted in this thread. I suggest people take a trip to this isle of mines and find out about the triangle first hand as local fishermen and piolets laugh in your face and bust your ego.

are you serious? ..........get a life.

I'm originally a Miami girl. Though I grew up in North Florida, most of my family resides in Miami, and like anyone else, we spent a lot of time out on the ocean, in it, above it, etc. There is nothing supernatural or weird about the Bermuda Triangle. If you research the incidents, most have been spun to create a mystery, and those that are unexplained are simply ocean casualties. People do get lost at sea, no matter what sea we're talking about. Hate to break it to folks, but looking beyond the hype will put things in perspective. Lloyds of London insures many a merchant vessel, and their long list of records do not show a higher number of incidents in this area than anywhere else.

Anyone that has spent time in this particular part of the world knows that the warmer months where people are more apt to be out on the ocean is also the wet season. That means storms. Storms that crop up seemingly out of nowhere every afternoon.

Edited by Marby

are you serious? ..........get a life.

I am serious. Come to my island and other areas that touch the Bermuda triangle. Talk to people who have been out on the waters i.e. pilots and fishermen; and prepare to be laughed in your face ("Oh you actually believe in that stuff kid? I was alive before that silly legend even existed"). A true researcher needs to actually get down and dirty and go to a place to find out what it is all about, not sit on an armchair from afar and make presumptions (like these Chinese businessmen made news on my isle because they were afraid to come here due to a fear their plane would disappear in the Bermuda Triangle. Ah we locals had a good laugh at that). And I have a life. It's great. What about you bub? Come to my island if you dare. Hop on a plane, rent a hotel room, rent a scooter and start asking around. :D

Bermuda's premier newspaper:

www.theroyalgazette.com

Your starting place for your Bermuda vacation:

www.bermuda.com

Oh, and take a trip to Florida too. Like the poster above, Miami is supposed to be a Bda Triangle hot spot but nothing weird seems to be going on there either. Instead, while you're there, indulge in one of the beautiful women prowling South Beach. Bring some friends, it'll be worth your while.

Yea, I just wanted to stoke the fires a bit. I can't believe people still believe in this stuff, well I can, but be ready to back things up and not just defend what you know about an area from purely a book when there is a big wide world out there hungry for adventurers (read factual books that look at both sides of the issue, explore the region and ask the locals, check the cold hard statistics). Let's be realistic. Late night trolling. :D

Edited by Obsin

I am serious. Come to my island and other areas that touch the Bermuda triangle. Talk to people who have been out on the waters i.e. pilots and fishermen; and prepare to be laughed in your face ("Oh you actually believe in that stuff kid? I was alive before that silly legend even existed"). A true researcher needs to actually get down and dirty and go to a place to find out what it is all about, not sit on an armchair from afar and make presumptions (like these Chinese businessmen made news on my isle because they were afraid to come here due to a fear their plane would disappear in the Bermuda Triangle. Ah we locals had a good laugh at that). And I have a life. It's great. What about you bub? Come to my island if you dare. Hop on a plane, rent a hotel room, rent a scooter and start asking around. :D

Bermuda's premier newspaper:

www.theroyalgazette.com

Your starting place for your Bermuda vacation:

www.bermuda.com

Oh, and take a trip to Florida too. Like the poster above, Miami is supposed to be a Bda Triangle hot spot but nothing weird seems to be going on there either.

Yea, I just wanted to stoke the fires a bit. I can't believe people still believe in this stuff. Late night trolling. :D

It's funny how people like to sensationalize things rather than get the real story from the locals and do the research into supposedly mysterious disappearances. I really don't understand how on earth this myth has persisted.