Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scientific Evidences for the Existence of GOD

Ely

i just have read it and weep, well i dont expect much from you infact. dont read it, it will only confuse you.

Weep at what? I have no intentions on reading it, because I can see how abrupt you are and how you display arrogance when someone disagrees with you...so if reading it makes me go like that...no thanks :no: Im happy the way I am

If I wanted to follow a faith because my family and it is meant to be part of my culture...then I would just ollow what I was tld..and remained christian....but see I have something different...it is called - HAVING A MIND OF MY OWN.........meaning I dont follow what I feel I HAVE TO...I follow what I WANT to, not because my famly or anyone around me says to...

A lot of religious people folow because it is in their blood and they are told to do so.....................thankfully I can be free to do it MY WAY

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Sunny, you worried, i dont ram islam down people throats, i could say that you guys ram down skeptism in the same way, would that be right. The fact you think i am, show me that your worried and running out of answeres.

Oh yes, I am so worried. I am scared to death that your pathetic arguments are going to change the minds of all the people here who I have tried to convert to Agnosticism. You didn't know agnostics have a very strong missionaries and we are trying to spread the word? I am in an agnostic cult, our mission is to make everyone question a higher being, we will stop at nothing to arrive at our goal.

However, you and your barely coherent rants about fire and light and Muhammed being mentioned in every single ancient texts, you are starting to erase the brainwash I had put on these people, and they are about to come flocking to you like sheep to a shepherd, begging your forgiveness for not believing your Moslem propaganda that spews from your keyboard to this forum.

Please stop, before I lose the hold I have on their minds!!

*Oh, and by the way, your brain is not totally isolated from the light. Thats what our eyes are. Its a connection from the light to your brain. Which is the opposite of isolation.

And even it was isolated, what in the world does that have to do with Allah???

Edited by SunDogDayze

Major Religions of the World

Ranked by Number of Adherents

(Sizes shown are approximate estimates, and are here mainly for the purpose of ordering the groups, not providing a definitive number. This list is sociological/statistical in perspective.)

1.Christianity: 2.1 billion

2. Islam: 1.5 billion

3. Secular/Nonreligious/Agnostic/Atheist: 1.1 billion

4. Hinduism: 900 million

5. Chinese traditional religion: 394 million

6.Buddhism: 376 million

7. primal-indigenous: 300 million

8. African Traditional & Diasporic: 100 million

9. Sikhism: 23 million

10. Juche: 19 million

11. Spiritism: 15 million

12.Judaism: 14 million

13. Baha'i: 7 million

14. Jainism: 4.2 million

15.Shinto: 4 million

16. Cao Dai: 4 million

17. Zoroastrianism: 2.6 million

18. Tenrikyo: 2 million

19. Neo-Paganism: 1 million

20. Unitarian-Universalism: 800 thousand

21. Rastafarianism: 600 thousand

22. Scientology: 500 thousand

http://www.adherents.com/Religions_By_Adherents.html <--check it out...............looks to me that no matter what site you look at - Christianity is the biggest growing religion by a LONG SHOT

How about a nice pie...............chart?? LOL

linked-image

Major religious groups

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

"World Religions" redirects here. For the TV show see World Religions (TV series).

Major religious groups as a percentage of the world population in 2005 (Encyclopaedia Britannica). In summary, religious adherence of the world's population is as follows: "Abrahamic": 53.5%, "Indian": 19.7%, irreligious: 14.3%, "Far Eastern": 6.5%, tribal religions: 4.0%, new religious movements: 2.0%.

Predominant sects and religions of the world, by state (including non-religious)

Predominant religions of the world, mapped by state (excluding non-religious

major groups or world religions: the vast majority of religious and spiritual adherents follow one of Christianity (33% of world population), Islam (20%), Hinduism (13%), Chinese folk religion (6%) or Buddhism (5%).

Figures on this page were last updated August 9, 2007

# Religion Number of Adherents Remarks[2]

1 Christianity 2.1 billion Has the most followers and most widespread presence of all well-recognized religions. Predominant religion in Europe, the Americas, Southern Africa, Oceania, and the Philippines.

2 Islam 1.61 billion A widespread religion with many countries majority Muslim, particularly in the Middle East, South Asia, Maritime Southeast Asia, Central Asia, North Africa, West Africa and some parts of Eastern Europe.

3 Hinduism 850 million - 1 billion Umbrella term for various Hindu denominations forming the majority in India, Nepal, North Eastern province of Sri Lanka, and the Bali & Java sub-province of Indonesia, parts of Latin America, Eastern Africa, Australia, USA and UK.

4 Buddhism 350 million Largely in East Asia and the Mainland Southeast Asia, and small parts of South Asia and Russia.

5 Sikhism 25 million Mostly in the Indian Punjab; also large numbers in other parts of India and the United Kingdom, the USA, Canada, Malaysia and Southeast Asia, Germany and East Africa [2].

6 Judaism 15 million A widespread religion with a majority in Israel; large populations in North America, Western Europe, and South America.

7 Bahá'í Faith 6.1 million Youngest of the group of 10, second most widely dispersed religion after Christianity; fastest growing (percentage) of top 10.

8 Confucianism 5.3 million Mostly in China proper; and in Korea, Taiwan, Vietnam.

9 Jainism 4.9 million Mostly in India.

10 Shinto 2.8 million Mostly in (and formerly the state religion of) Japan.

Yes again another site still shows how CHRISTIANITY is not just the biggest religion but seems to have more coverage!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Source - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_religious_groups

LOL .. Wat did i say Sundog, the intelect here only use wiki, as the source for everything, something un regulated, and never correct by professionals.

However, i never said isam was the largest religion inthe world, thats christianity, but it is the fastest growing religion in the world, why dont find stats on that. Infact your post show further how stupid you are, because adherents of religions the largest number has been christianity, but do take it even further, if you asked most of those christians, if they were practising, this would fall further, but still leave them as the largest relgion, but not the fastest growing, good effort, you now getting a bit better.

Edited by Ozi

Weep at what? I have no intentions on reading it, because I can see how abrupt you are and how you display arrogance when someone disagrees with you...so if reading it makes me go like that...no thanks :no: Im happy the way I am

If I wanted to follow a faith because my family and it is meant to be part of my culture...then I would just ollow what I was tld..and remained christian....but see I have something different...it is called - HAVING A MIND OF MY OWN.........meaning I dont follow what I feel I HAVE TO...I follow what I WANT to, not because my famly or anyone around me says to...

A lot of religious people folow because it is in their blood and they are told to do so.....................thankfully I can be free to do it MY WAY

Oh! shame, dont lie, its too confusing for you....LOL

I dont care, you said it cant be proven i just did. Read it or not, your biz.

You think your free, when infact all you believe is what friend have told you, and what your prejudiced mind is already decided. In reality, you are chained with your mind to the rest of soceity and even if the truth was smacking you hard in the face, you would not see it.

Edited by Ozi

Infact your post show further how stupid you are...

A little uncalled for isn't it? Becky's mom didn't come across as anything near stupid to me. People have been sourcing Wiki, Sacred-texts, and all other kinds of websites to you, and what have you sourced? We use examples that can be found on the internet because...surprise! It's easier to post stuff from the internet onto the internet, which is the home of this forum.

What would you rather us do? Scan photocopies of books from the library that contain the same exact information? Take a digital picture of a page in a book to make a point to you? It is you who is running out of material, like a washed out comedian.

I dont care, you said it cant be proven i just did. Read it or not, your biz.

No, you didn't prove anything, except for the fact again that you have a problem with vocabulary.

prove (prv)

v. proved, proved or prov·en (prvn), prov·ing, proves

v.tr.

1. To establish the truth or validity of by presentation of argument or evidence.

2. Law To establish the authenticity of (a will).

3. To determine the quality of by testing; try out.

4. Mathematics

a. To demonstrate the validity of (a hypothesis or proposition).

b. To verify (the result of a calculation).

5. Printing To make a sample impression of (type).

6. Archaic To find out or learn (something) through experience.

i·so·late (s-lt)

tr.v. i·so·lat·ed, i·so·lat·ing, i·so·lates

1. To set apart or cut off from others.

2. To place in quarantine.

3. Chemistry To separate (a substance) in pure form from a combined mixture.

4. To render free of external influence; insulate.

5. Microbiology To separate (a pure strain) from a mixed bacterial or fungal culture.

6. Psychology To separate (experiences or memories) from the emotions relating to them.

7. Electricity

a. To set apart (a component, circuit, or system) from a source of electricity.

b. To insulate or shield.

Edited by SunDogDayze

Oh yes, I am so worried. I am scared to death that your pathetic arguments are going to change the minds of all the people here who I have tried to convert to Agnosticism. You didn't know agnostics have a very strong missionaries and we are trying to spread the word? I am in an agnostic cult, our mission is to make everyone question a higher being, we will stop at nothing to arrive at our goal.

However, you and your barely coherent rants about fire and light and Muhammed being mentioned in every single ancient texts, you are starting to erase the brainwash I had put on these people, and they are about to come flocking to you like sheep to a shepherd, begging your forgiveness for not believing your Moslem propaganda that spews from your keyboard to this forum.

Please stop, before I lose the hold I have on their minds!!

*Oh, and by the way, your brain is not totally isolated from the light. Thats what our eyes are. Its a connection from the light to your brain. Which is the opposite of isolation.

And even it was isolated, what in the world does that have to do with Allah???

LOL. I like the reply man, that wat i like about Sundog.... dont worry, most of the poeple here are jsut as confused as you, their safe in agnosticism and ignorance. LOL

As for the brain in total isolation, the eyes, are simply tools, and instrument to take in the right amount of light and project images and send electirical signals to the brain, the latter im emphasising, if it was as you say, then no need to for elec signals, the eyes would be the portal to the physical world. LOL. Man you dont know how bad it sounds, that the brain is not isolated due to its eyes. Science proves that, brain is isolated from all, yet its dictated what you experience, who is the subject of its projections i asked.

Oh! shame, dont lie, its too confusing for you....LOL

Lie about what??? lol

Sorry I dont follow what family and others tell me...sorry I have a mind of my own and ..im FREE to follow what I like....wow you give the impression this really gets to you, with your abuse...shame really because I always believed in - each to their own!!! :yes:

Id hate to be someone who tried to convert others and called people names yell abuse and say they are liars all because........- they didnt wanna be like me ...geee thats a sad way to be IMO

LOL. I like the reply man, that wat i like about Sundog.... dont worry, most of the poeple here are jsut as confused as you, their safe in agnosticism and ignorance. LOL

Calling people names is just showing how much you can get fustrated looking your own way...

Would it be fair to call you confused because you dont follow my way?? or other ways??? or could it be that you are happy with YOUR WAY??

Edited by Beckys_Mom

A little uncalled for isn't it? Becky's mom didn't come across as anything near stupid to me. People have been sourcing Wiki, Sacred-texts, and all other kinds of websites to you, and what have you sourced? We use examples that can be found on the internet because...surprise! It's easier to post stuff from the internet onto the internet, which is the home of this forum.

What would you rather us do? Scan photocopies of books from the library that contain the same exact information? Take a digital picture of a page in a book to make a point to you? It is you who is running out of material, like a washed out comedian.

Mate, wiki is the largest unregulated source for info, professionals dont work for free, so they dont correct info on there, and it simple peeps like me and you addind their 2 pence. To me real research is hard books, going to the source, not Wiki or surfing the net jsut to find somethign that agrees with a point.

Lie about what??? lol

Sorry I dont follow what family and others tell me...sorry I have a mind of my own and ..im FREE to follow what I like....wow you give the impression this really gets to you, with your abuse...shame really because I always believed in - each to their own!!! :yes:

Id hate to be someone who tried to convert others and called people names yell abuse and say they are liars all because........- they didnt wanna be like me ...geee thats a sad way to be IMO

translated - im calling people confused because I want my OWN WAY and I hate it when others dont follow ME....LMAO

Yu lie, because you said you dont have to read it and weep you have your own mind, you said god existence cannot be proven, i posted somethign which says other wise, and it was condensed for your ease. But still you dont read it, you lie, because, you know the truth hurts and you cannot face it, therefore you made up the lie to support why you dont read it, when what i posted has nothing to with islam etc, its science. LOL. but your prejudice comes out clearly. Infact it has nothing to do with family and poeple believing what they forefathers did etc, i dont even know why your brought that up as support to your excuse.

I dint say you were confused, i said most agnostics are, refering to suns post, which i found funny. It was cool.

Edited by Ozi

Mate, wiki is the largest unregulated source for info, professionals dont work for free, so they dont correct info on there, and it simple peeps like me and you addind their 2 pence. To me real research is hard books, going to the source, not Wiki or surfing the net jsut to find somethign that agrees with a point.

If Wiki had read - Islam was the largest growing faith...you would support it hands down

Ok, I tried to ignore it. You keep calling me mate and man. I am a female. We have had this discussion. Anyway, whatever, you are going out of your way today to frustrate the crap out of me, and derail every thread you can, so I'm done. Maybe I will open another thread for you, but I don't see why, we have tried that and you still got exactly no where.

You're right, Ozi, okay? For the sake of all the other posters who are sick of reading our battle of wits here, I'll let you have it. Muslims are all correct, the rest of us are wrong, and we are all stupid for not knowing that. Can we get on with it now?

If Wiki had read - Islam was the largest growing faith...you would support it hands down

UN and other credible sources are enough for me, rather than Wiki, and what you posted simply shows the largest religions in the world as a whole, it does not refer to the fastest growing religions, Credible sources unlike wiki, which does have some credible stuff, state other wise.

Ok, I tried to ignore it. You keep calling me mate and man. I am a female. We have had this discussion. Anyway, whatever, you are going out of your way today to frustrate the crap out of me, and derail every thread you can, so I'm done. Maybe I will open another thread for you, but I don't see why, we have tried that and you still got exactly no where.

You're right, Ozi, okay? For the sake of all the other posters who are sick of reading our battle of wits here, I'll let you have it. Muslims are all correct, the rest of us are wrong, and we are all stupid for not knowing that. Can we get on with it now?

Im sorry i keep getting you sex wrong, i still see you as a mate. And a credible contributor to UM. However, to have the above defeatest attitude is a clever ploy, but i dont let people finish there, i ask for proof, like i give proof. Most of what you said had no credibility. Thats all.

Yu lie, because you said you dont have to read it and weep you have your own mind,

But I DO have my own mind.....I dont have to read something because some stranger on a forum says so lol.....I do what I want

I dont need others to tell me what is right or not...I can figure things on my own...

you said god existence cannot be proven, i posted somethign which says other wise,

You posted WHAT exactly??? unless you are going to tell me you are the Lewis dude??? :hmm: cuz I do remember you telling me you were going to make a thread to prove your faith to all...so if you are lewis...ohhh man have you backed the wrong horse !!! ^_^

I believe God exists...but I dont believe man can actually prove it...no man can...just because you think you can..that doesnt wash with me

*stands back waiting on more insults to be thrown at me because I stand up for my own beliefs* :blink:

But still you dont read it, you lie, because, you know the truth hurts and you cannot face it, therefore you made up the lie to support why you dont read it, when what i posted has nothing to with islam etc, its science. LOL. but your prejudice comes out clearly.

Why would I need to read something that tells me god exists?? when I ALREADY KNOW HE EXISTS?????????? :hmm: what is there to lie about??? I read what suits me...not what you tell me

If you come from a place that has told you what to follow and your family all follow the same...FINE...but I have a mind of my own I dont let others think for me

UN and other credible sources are enough for me, rather than Wiki, and what you posted simply shows the largest religions in the world as a whole, it does not refer to the fastest growing religions, Credible sources unlike wiki, which does have some credible stuff, state other wise.

It wasntthe only site I posted and there was more than enough that showed who was growing and who wasnt

if it read what you wanted to see...you would be all happy and smug lol but see you didnt get what you wanted

hey people die wanting...honest!!

Ozi, calling people stupid is really uncalled for. Regardless if you agree with the others or not, the only thing you are doing by calling them stupid is making yourself look bad.

Yes, the brain processes vision, via neurons being stimulated by outside sources...this is how many body systems work. But, I fail to see how this is proof of God's existence.

LOL .. Wat did i say Sundog, the intelect here only use wiki, as the source for everything, something un regulated, and never correct by professionals.

:rolleyes: wiki was the last source posted ...the 1st source was with the 1st lot of info.....dude please focus

Ozi, calling people stupid is really uncalled for. Regardless if you agree with the others or not, the only thing you are doing by calling them stupid is making yourself look bad.

Yes, the brain processes vision, via neurons being stimulated by outside sources...this is how many body systems work. But, I fail to see how this is proof of God's existence.

Its not the 1st time Ihave seen someone call names to anyone that didnt folow them, and it wont be the last

But I DO have my own mind.....I dont have to read something because some stranger on a forum says so lol.....I do what I want

I dont need others to tell me what is right or not...I can figure things on my own...

You posted WHAT exactly??? unless you are going to tell me you are the Lewis dude??? :hmm: cuz I do remember you telling me you were going to make a thread to prove your faith to all...so if you are lewis...ohhh man have you backed the wrong horse !!! ^_^

I believe God exists...but I dont believe man can actually prove it...no man can...just because you think you can..that doesnt wash with me

*stands back waiting on more insults to be thrown at me because I stand up for my own beliefs* :blink:

Why would I need to read something that tells me god exists?? when I ALREADY KNOW HE EXISTS?????????? :hmm: what is there to lie about??? I read what suits me...not what you tell me

If you come from a place that has told you what to follow and your family all follow the same...FINE...but I have a mind of my own I dont let others think for me

i really dont care if you believe in god or not, u said his existence cant be proven, i posted something on the contrary. You decided not read it, and then gave a bull excuse for your reasons.

im not the lewis dude, but he did post something interesting. The fact you read what suits you really means, i only read things accept those which conform to my prejudice and baseless opinions. they dont need to be credible only, fit in with your ideas, whether wrong or right.

Im sorry i keep getting you sex wrong, i still see you as a mate. And a credible contributor to UM. However, to have the above defeatest attitude is a clever ploy, but i dont let people finish there, i ask for proof, like i give proof. Most of what you said had no credibility. Thats all.

Well, I am finished there. You don't want proof of anything, you want some more facts to use your well-practiced 'rebuttals' against. So, I am giving this one to you for free. You win.

It wasntthe only site I posted and there was more than enough that showed who was growing and who wasnt

if it read what you wanted to see...you would be all happy and smug lol but see you didnt get what you wanted

hey people die wanting...honest!!

I know more about the growth of religions than you ever will, infact i can say i know more about the world religions that you ever will, esp if you keep refering to wiki.

Its proof of god, because everythign you experience is a result of neurons and electrical signals ebeing processed and the projected by the brain. Meaning the true reality of the physcial world is unkown and therefore what we see is a perception, projected to us, but form where and to whom. anser those and you ahve the proof to god. Its his perception, he is the universal source for it, and we are subject to the perception, meaning only god is absolute.

:rolleyes: wiki was the last source posted ...the 1st source was with the 1st lot of info.....dude please focus

Does not matter, i dont think Wiki is credible, believe me i can bring stats coming out of my ears, to show islam is the fastest growing religion inthe world.

Its not the 1st time Ihave seen someone call names to anyone that didnt folow them, and it wont be the last

True, what about you though, your the best at calling people names, especailly false one, at least mine has elements of truth. LOL

Well, I am finished there. You don't want proof of anything, you want some more facts to use your well-practiced 'rebuttals' against. So, I am giving this one to you for free. You win.

I always want proof, if you say im wrong in some case, then show me why and how, opinions dont mean jack to me, i hold many opinions, but when dealing with fact, i want proof, you dont offer much. Thats all. If you did, we might get somewhere.

i really dont care if you believe in god or not, u said his existence cant be proven, i posted something on the contrary. You decided not read it, and then gave a bull excuse for your reasons.

I believe in God and always have done...but see I know God cant be proven...if science could prove GOD (which it seriously cant)...then it wouldnt be classed as FAITH....it would be pointless calling it faith for starters....

I dont need anyone to try and convince me there is a GOD...I already believe in GOD without this

A true follower will follow God without the so called evidence...................IMO thats how a lot of people feel

I dot need to push my faith down peoples throats, I dont care to sit and try and argue God exists, I dont care to call names to people saying they are confused and just ignorant all because I cant get it going MY WAY, I dont care who follows what faith............I only care about ME...

I look out for no1...I dont care to bother with anything else

I think for myself, I act on my own, I do what I think is right.............I dont run with others and follow what a book says....I dont follow a faith just because I was born into one and my family make me.....God gave me a brain and a mind to use on my own.....I do it my own way...

If someone bullies you and threatens you to follow their faith...then its not all what its cracked up to be <----------speaking in general of course!

Its proof of god, because everythign you experience is a result of neurons and electrical signals ebeing processed and the projected by the brain. Meaning the true reality of the physcial world is unkown and therefore what we see is a perception, projected to us, but form where and to whom. anser those and you ahve the proof to god. Its his perception, he is the universal source for it, and we are subject to the perception, meaning only god is absolute.

This "perception" is the result of photo receptors in our eyes picking up the light around us. Light reflects off of object at various wavelengths, giving us colour, shape. There is no divine action to this....just physics and biology.

• The topic was locked