Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Auto Writing.

CallSignWolf

Auto Writing.

Has anyone ever done it? If so, I'd like to know how!

I'm very eager to try it myself .. Mostly to see if it actually works and to see if anything .. Surprising happens.

Any good sites explaining it would also help alot.

Cheers,

CSW.

(This thread is not debating the existence or authenticity of auto writing. In this thread it is true.)

Edited by CallSignWolf

hold a pen to a piece of paper and go blank.

when the pen starts moving, ask a question.

What do you mean when it starts moving? I could be there for a very long time >.<

Ok .. So I ask questions yeh I can understand that part! Lol.

Can you ask for anyone particular like a Ouija board?

ok i shall point something out here.

yes you could be sitting there for a very long time ( my first time i sat there for over an hour, a little blip and it was over )

if you are going to ask for anyone, as for a guide ( your guide ) for help.

you should ask you guide for help and protection anyway. this is a part of the pitfall of Ouija boards in the first place.

you are opening yourself to the universe and all that is in it ( and yes there is bad things out there )

so it would be like having someone hold onto you as you learn to ride a bike.

I tried to write my name backwards with auto writing. It worked as i wrote my name backwards easier

try to do it with you non predominant hand. ( left if you are right handed ) see what happens :yes:

Hi, CallSignWolf.

You may wish to consider a more active approach, especially to get started. Write down a word. Any word (or phrase) will do:

Snowflake

Then write down whatever comes into your head in association with that

melt

and then whatever comes into your head associated with that, which may be more than a single word...

The roads get messy when the snow melts. I love to splash people walking by the side of the road when I drive by. It's a great way to meet girls.

If you stay with it, then with high reliability (1) fairly soon you will be wildly far away from the root word

My girlfriend's cousin likes licorice gumballs. She crushes them with her molars, then lets them sit on her tongue.

(2) you may experience "dissociation" - the task "takes on a life, or acquires a mind, of its own." It may feel as if someone else is doing the writing. Different belief systems have a variety of candidates for who that someone else might be.

Happy hunting.

Edited by eight bits

As eight bits has stated, writing can be a subconscious thing. Especially if you are writing something your really

getting into, soon you don't even realize your writing anymore almost as if someone is doing it for you.

Regards,

Tom

I am not too familiar with auto writing so I was wondering if anyone could give me a good explination please....

Can anyone do it? Sounds interesting...

Ooh ooh! Is it like what the little boy does on the sixth sense? And his mum finds it and he's been writing what the ghosts say to him?

Best Wishes, AoM xx

Ooh ooh! Is it like what the little boy does on the sixth sense? And his mum finds it and he's been writing what the ghosts say to him?

Best Wishes, AoM xx

i dont think this type of phenomena can be proven to be true or false, so id assume that we all can do it. i think i just auto typed this response!

Yes. It's very reliable that something worth thinking about will happen to anyone who tries.

Since the subconscious has come up, there is an interesting little story. The method in my post is called free association. It is often thought of as a technique developed by Sigmund Freud to explore the subconcious mind of his patients.

Freud thought that, too, for a while. As he became famous, though, more people looked at his work critically. Some of them said "Hold on - so and so was doing that years before Freud." For example, you might want to Google James John Garth Wilkinson, a 19th Century Christian mystic.

Then one day, Freud remembered that he had received as a gift, when he was 14, a book by Ludwig Borne (there is an umlaut over the o, but I have no accents available). In fact, Freud still kept that book 50 years later. Among Borne's writings is an essay written in 1823 entitled "How to become an original writer in three days." You know what the essay recommends.

Freud's conscious mind had forgotten all about it.

Edited by eight bits
  • Like 1

What do you mean when it starts moving? I could be there for a very long time >.<

Ok .. So I ask questions yeh I can understand that part! Lol.

Can you ask for anyone particular like a Ouija board?

How would that prove auto writing? I can write anything backwards but I don't think it's auto writing.

Auto writing is fake. If you think you will think of something your subconcise will think of it. The only way to prove it is to have info about someone that you dont have access too.

I have done it numerous times in the past, though not lately, and while I didn't get anything with the "hold the pen and sit there" method (which I think is likely the most authentic form of automatic writing), I got plenty of work from loose-associative "dictation" where you just start writing down what pops into your head (it could be suggested that this mode may be similar to channeling). A fairly large part of my experiences can be found in my columns here on UM, linked in my signature below.

How would that prove auto writing? I can write anything backwards but I don't think it's auto writing.

O_o Why were you quoting me .. I hadn't said anything about writing backwards ..

which I think is likely the most authentic form of automatic writing

It all comes from the same place. How you begin the chain of associations is irrelevant to "authenticity." Some people seem to prefer to sit and wait, while others prefer to wade right in.

Different styles, same substance. Pretty much the same results, too, probably, after a few lines.

it could be suggested that this mode may be similar to channeling

That's where you get into "other belief systems" and their different candidates for "who somebody else is" when it feels to the writer that he or she is not controlling the production.

Auto writing is fake. If you think you will think of something your subconcise will think of it.

As so often around here, we have a phenomenon and its interpretation.

The phenomenon is well established, in the literature since 1823, and Borne didn't claim that he invented it. There is what may be a version of it in Aristotle's Poetics.

The interpretation turns on who the "someone else" is supposed to be when the writer reports "it feels as if someone else is writing it."

The only way to prove it is to have info about someone that you dont have access too.

Good plan, but read the Freud-Borne story again. Freud didn't know, and neither does anybody else, all that he knows about other people.

Edited by eight bits

Wrong guy. Sorry.

No probs mate ..

Anyone know the books of Neil Donald Walsh?

The conversation with god is what it's called i think.

I remember it being an oustanding book well,that was supposed to be auto-written.

(Higly recommended books btw)

I tried auto writing the night before last, i got a weird message. It was more dictation, here it is...please don't laugh it's weird...

"This is my first ever experience. I love you Rose, I don't know what I'd do without you, you smile and i cry inside. Your life is full of meaningless chatter. I could get rid of that if you want me to. I could be all you desire, all you wish for."

Before you say it, I don't know a Rose, and i am not a lesbian, so i have no idea where it comes from!

Any suggestions?

Best Wishes, AoM xx

something just trying to get your attention.

try again and ask for protection before you do it ( guides, whatever suits you )

or suround yourself with white light before you start.

once you start writting again, ask who it was and what was their intent.

the message that you got is self serving completely.

i question the intent of who it was that came through.

Any suggestions?

Why'd you stop, AoM?

Why stop? I don't know, actually. The words just stopped coming. And thanks for the tips, i'll ask who it is next time and protect myself.

Best Wishes, AoM xx