Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Harry Potter Harmful To Children?

MandM

Well, I've read some of the books and am a fan of the movies, but I will be honest and say that I'm fairly certain there is esoteric knowledge within the story. You just have to know what to look for. For instance, the deal with magical bloodlines. Yes, there are actually families that consider themselves descendants of witches and wizards, ancient hidden knowledge and such. Also, look at the names of most of the Black family members: all astrological. And what about the viel? Read your Old Testament.

Of course any author is going to try for a little bit of actual knowledge put into a novel, even a fantasy novel.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stormcrow

• HerNibs

• Noteaph

• Drago

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone who believe that garbage is stupid plain & simple.. could you send them to be & make sure they have money! :P

My guess is that most people on this forum have either read some of the Harry Potter books or have seen some of the Harry Potter movies, or you have children who are very much into these things.

If so, this is a YouTube video that you have GOT to see:

Most people think that Harry Potter is a safe, fun, fantasy world that is great entertainment for our children, but as the film shockingly shows, that is not the case at all.

Did you know that the Harry Potter series describes witchcraft and the Occult with amazing precision and accuracy?

Did you know that the Harry Potter series is doing an amazing job of recriting our children into Occult religions?

One of the most stunning things in the film is the way that children describe the impact that Harry Potter has had on them. What the children have to say about Harry Potter will blow your mind.

Trust me, you will never look at Harry Potter the same way again.

So what do you all think? After learning the things in the YouTube clip I know my outlook is different. Do the rest of you still think Harry Potter is a good thing for our society?

OMG.....are you for real? I'm surprised you didn't include The Wizard of Oz and Chronicles of Narnia in this ridiculous notion. It's okay to believe in magic when you are a child. Geez....let the kiddies have fun. The harsh reality of the world will slap them in the face soon enough.

Nope, the bible is harmful to children

Harry Potter isn't harmful to children and anyone who believes so is stupid. Anyone notice how the OP didn't post again? Must feel stupid lol.

Wingardium Levoisa! darnit, didnt work!

You're saying it all wrong....it's LeviOHsa! LMAO! How's my Hermione impression?

Wonders what would happen if one cast Imperio on ones self.

As flippin' hysterical as it is that people believe Harry Potter is an invitation to the dark side, are the ones who try to make money off it. I have seen at least two multiple volume video series put out by different evangalists on the "dangers of harry potter". The fact is they want some of that money and if they can freak their followers out enough they'll buy the videos to find out just how supposedly dangerous the books are. Funny how parents' like that just don't actually read the books. Anyone seen Jesus Camp? That woman goes OFF on harry potter, and how it says in the bible "thou shalt not suffer a witch to live" etc. Scary really, I mean if these people can't separate fact from fiction...yikes...

what rubbish. people are paraniod and have nothing better to do.

Harry Potter a threat ?? get a life.

this is beautiful, this is the first time that ive seen that almost everyone agreed on something

Harry Potter isn't harmful to children and anyone who believes so is stupid. Anyone notice how the OP didn't post again? Must feel stupid lol.

You're not the only one. I noticed this too.

I'll bet the OP went on here expecting a bunch of Pagan-haters agreeing with him, instead he gets the opposite.

It's either that or it was a troll that posted that just to tick us off.

harry potter is a story. no one is going to be reading harry potter in 50 years perfecting their "swish and flick" they will be reading Harry Potter in 50 years going wow what a good story. c'mon kids lets go to disney world

You're not the only one. I noticed this too.

I'll bet the OP went on here expecting a bunch of Pagan-haters agreeing with him, instead he gets the opposite.

It's either that or it was a troll that posted that just to tick us off.

I noticed long before you two noticed. XP

There should be a warning label on UM. If you post Anti-Harry Potter, you'll get the oppsite. XD

• 2 weeks later...

I have heard all this stuff before... The fact is, the series is more of an introduction to boarding schools and decent writing than anything else... There is absolutely nothing wrong with the series and it will stand the test of time as a very well written series of books.

I must say that this topic somewhat ammuses me. To say that Harry Potter is trying to recruit children into Witchcraft, wicca or orther such religions is daft. As others have said I mean the books have no relation to the actual religion of Wicca. I mean an old friend of mine was a very strong believed Christian and was not allowed to watch any manga, amine like sailormoon or otherwise. But she herself is probably the biggest Harry Potter fan I know. she goes to all of the conventions, reads the books in under 6 hours the morning they're released and makes sure she's there for every premiere of the movies. The Harry Potter series is just like any other ficitional novel, its ment to stimulate the mind and if anything it opens the reader's mind to maybe take a look into other religions if they are intregued by the messages and ideas conveyed in the book. Even though the ideas in the book do not directly relate to the wiccan religion it could stimulate a reader to actually read more on the subject and become more knowledgeable on the subject and have the ability to make their own informed decision on wether or not they feel is real or not.

I LOLed til I cried... omg if only I had a flying broom! Wait.. do I remember the kids going on CHRISTMAS break at least twice... thats the only mention of any religion I remember in the books or movies. And PS... Even if its NOT promoting wicca.. what would be wrong if it was? -.- Some people have nothing better to do then twist and pervert what they don't understand.

I LOLed til I cried... omg if only I had a flying broom! Wait.. do I remember the kids going on CHRISTMAS break at least twice... thats the only mention of any religion I remember in the books or movies. And PS... Even if its NOT promoting wicca.. what would be wrong if it was? -.- Some people have nothing better to do then twist and pervert what they don't understand.

Thank you! I agree, even if it was promoting Wicca whats so wrong with that?

Is Harry Potter harmful to kids? Let me tell you what is harmful to children.....child predators, abusive and neglectful parents, and child killers are harmful to children. And whom ever is upset and thinks that Harry Potter is harmful to kids, needs to take their heads out of their butts and do serious reality check!!

Avada Kadavra!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So who died?...

Anyone?...

lmao

sorry i couldn't resist... ^_^:rofl:

what rubbish. people are paraniod and have nothing better to do.

Harry Potter a threat ?? get a life.

I agree. I can't think of a series of children's books that puts more emphasis on being honest, being unselfish, taking responsibility for one's own actions, etc.

When I read these books it seems like a steady litany of "don't be mean, don't be selfish, don't be petty, be loyal to your friends, don't go along with the 'in' clique by trashing people who are already down, etc."

People who worry about Harry Potter need to get a freakin' life. It's like their understanding of spirituality is so shallow that they don't bother to examine the ethics of the characters in the series. I guess this isn't surprising considering the fact that many of the critics are people who believe everything Pat Roberts types say. There's no analysis at all.

RANT TIME...

Doesn't it ever occur to these morons that God gave them an intellect so they could analyze things critically? All these people need to hear is "I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior" and the speaker can behave as immorally as he pleases. If the leaders sin they can shift blame over to the Devil and their followers nod brainlessly... "oh yeah. The Devil, He's bad. If this guy is struggling against the Devil he's good. If he robs his churches coffers, screws every member of his congregation, no problem. He's fighting the Devil so he must be good".

Harry Potter harmful to children? I think it's been beneficial to their learning to read and being interested to pick up a book in their spare time rather than sit in front of the TV - it can only be good and does my heart good when you see the queues of kids lining up at the book shops to buy the next book.

Is Harry Potter harmful to kids? Let me tell you what is harmful to children.....child predators, abusive and neglectful parents, and child killers are harmful to children. And whom ever is upset and thinks that Harry Potter is harmful to kids, needs to take their heads out of their butts and do serious reality check!!

You know what else is harmful to children? Growing up never having bothered to immerse themselves in a book and only playing games and watching TV. "Harry Potter" is the best way to ensure children don't become stupid dullards when they mature!

Uhm, Harry Potter has amazingly dark and morbid undertones. You'd have to either be an idiot or have never read the books not to see that. Even the first book has some chilling things not good for kids, and my ten year old brother isn't getting his hands on the fourth or up for another while. =P

That's all there is to it though... that video takes it WAAAY too far.

Oh good Lord, It's fiction for goodness sake. There are TON's of fiction books out there. Pleeeeeeeeeeez. That's like saying don't read Huckleberry Finn because it's too violent and full of crime.