Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Harry Potter Harmful To Children?

MandM

OMFG harry potter has elements FROM THE BIBLE "The Last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"(Harry potter deathly hallows) thats from the good book and all this harry potter is wicca stuff is rediculous she is christian

hahahah im gonna have heaps of fun on this forum:)

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stormcrow

• HerNibs

• Noteaph

• Drago

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

PS, if you don't understand why I am so angry towards your post, try inserting "Christian" where ever you've typed "occult" and "witchcraft". You'll see what I mean.

PPS, have you ever read the Narnia Series??? Some say its supposed to be Christian based, but see, I don't believe everything I read, and also, I do know that the books are fiction - wonderful books, but fiction.

narnia is christan based but harry potter is not occult ol narnia is symbolizum harry potter is just good reading that vid is crap

Edited by WEREGIRL666

If this question has been posted before I apologize for repeating it.

So what if it does? I can think of far worse things that children could be exposed to.

Regards,

Mabon.

I smell conspiracy theory. There's nothing harmful about Harry Potter. It's a good fun series of books to read. I'm 19, I've read them all and I can gurantee you that all the kids I know that've read it, hasn't been the least bit interested in getting intouch with the occult.

I smell conspiracy theory. There's nothing harmful about Harry Potter. It's a good fun series of books to read. I'm 19, I've read them all and I can gurantee you that all the kids I know that've read it, hasn't been the least bit interested in getting intouch with the occult.

Yeah, I agree with you. I'm Wiccan (and I was before I started to read Harry Potter and I'm not even that interested in it.... I barely got through the last book...) and there's NOTHING in that book about Wicca at all. Heck, I've read at least three other series of books that describe Wicca for the religion it actually is. And those series are pretty popular too. Sure, Harry Potter might get kids interested in the occult, but not the actual religion of witchcraft specifically. Besides, it's teaching kids to think for themselves, and that's a good thing. It's just like that Golden Compass movie. It teaches children that the most common religion or way of thinking isn't always the right or honest one, and I can't say that's a bad thing, personally.

You're saying it all wrong....it's LeviOHsa! LMAO! How's my Hermione impression?

Hehe, it's LeviOHsa, not LeviohSAA! I love that bit! And the look on Ron's face. Your Hermione impression's very good!lol As for that video, I think most of those "quotes" are from a satirical online magazine called 'The Onion'. They made up the notion that kids were recruiting into Wicca because of Harry Potter, but it was all tongue-in-cheek, there is a reference to it on their wikipedia entry at the bottom of the page under "The Onion Taken Seriously". Many of the 'quotes' from the children are from the article and are made up.

Doh, nearly forgot to post the article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_onion

Edited by B'Elanna

Yeah, I agree with you. I'm Wiccan (and I was before I started to read Harry Potter and I'm not even that interested in it.... I barely got through the last book...) and there's NOTHING in that book about Wicca at all. Heck, I've read at least three other series of books that describe Wicca for the religion it actually is. And those series are pretty popular too. Sure, Harry Potter might get kids interested in the occult, but not the actual religion of witchcraft specifically. Besides, it's teaching kids to think for themselves, and that's a good thing. It's just like that Golden Compass movie. It teaches children that the most common religion or way of thinking isn't always the right or honest one, and I can't say that's a bad thing, personally.

I completely agree with you.

I'm also Wiccan (and was, long before i read any of the harry potter books). And real 'magic' and 'witchcraft' is completely different to that displayed in the books. It might get kids interested in magic, but theres so much more to the Pagan religeons than spells and stuff. Theres just loads of crazy american christians stirring up trouble. They don't understand any religion other than their own. I always thought Christianity taught 'love thy neighbour'. If people could just accept eachother for who they are and not who they beileve in.

It's all mental.

It's just a book.

I'm also Wiccan (and was, long before i read any of the harry potter books). And real 'magic' and 'witchcraft' is completely different to that displayed in the books. It might get kids interested in magic, but theres so much more to the Pagan religeons than spells and stuff. Theres just loads of crazy american christians stirring up trouble. They don't understand any religion other than their own. I always thought Christianity taught 'love thy neighbour'. If people could just accept eachother for who they are and not who they beileve in.

It's all mental.

It's just a book.

Yes I agree. They need to learn to stop shoving their religion down other people's throats and just accept everyone for the unique and special individuals they are. They're probably just afraid of people being more interested in Witchcraft than God. I actually started to read a book about how Harry Potter talks about God, and I only got through the first chapter because it was so ridiculous. Fundamentalists need to learn to take a chill pill.... They just bring negative associations to their religion, and that's not fair to their religion as a whole or to anyone who happens to be a non-Christian.

Well, if you ever read The Narnia Chronicles, they're all about magic and talking beasts and spirits. Buuut, C.S Lewis was a devout christian, and actually, there are lots of christian teachings in it too. Good triumphs over evil.

Just like in Harry Potter!

Well, if you ever read The Narnia Chronicles, they're all about magic and talking beasts and spirits. Buuut, C.S Lewis was a devout christian, and actually, there are lots of christian teachings in it too. Good triumphs over evil.

Yep. People just like to overreact to get their religion in the spotlight and have the whole attitude of "Oh, poor us. The media is being unfair and telling our children to think for themselves." It's utterly ridiculous. People just need to get over the fact that everyone isn't going to be a Christian.

Bullshark. Theres nothing wrong with fantacy. The video made no good points. When Ron said "Wicked" the author thought it meant "Wicca"? What the hello kitty island is wrong with him? Those quotes were fake, he made them up, I mean look at the names. Harry Potter has nothing to do with occults or wicca. Its fake magic. It has nothing to do with religion. And the scar on Harry? How does that have to do with Satanism?

Actually I pointed out way earlier in this thread that the Narnia books were supposedly depicting parts of the bible. I am not sure about this as I am not christian and have never read the bible however, I can see how the slaying of Aslan and his resurrection is similar to the crucifixion of Christ. I dunno though. Someone better familiar with the bible and Narnia books would be better set to answer this.

Well what do you know, first two websites after I googled came up with:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narnia

http://www.compassionatespirit.com/Narnia-Christian.htm

There is lots more when Narnia and christian are googled.

My guess is that most people on this forum have either read some of the Harry Potter books or have seen some of the Harry Potter movies, or you have children who are very much into these things.

If so, this is a YouTube video that you have GOT to see:

Most people think that Harry Potter is a safe, fun, fantasy world that is great entertainment for our children, but as the film shockingly shows, that is not the case at all.

Did you know that the Harry Potter series describes witchcraft and the Occult with amazing precision and accuracy?

Did you know that the Harry Potter series is doing an amazing job of recriting our children into Occult religions?

One of the most stunning things in the film is the way that children describe the impact that Harry Potter has had on them. What the children have to say about Harry Potter will blow your mind.

Trust me, you will never look at Harry Potter the same way again.

So what do you all think? After learning the things in the YouTube clip I know my outlook is different. Do the rest of you still think Harry Potter is a good thing for our society?

Damn...This brings back memories! I remember in like 3rd, all the way through 5th grade, the teahcers wanted to read us Harry Potter books...And, I was never in the classes, but I had friends who were, anyways, the teachers actually had to get permission slips signed, so they could read it...I mean, I do admit maybe it does make kids get into the occult and wicca, but, I doubt any of them become hardcore wiccans...I bet they drop it after they figure out Hogwarts isn't real, and that spells that do exist arent all magical like in the movies and books...

Actually I pointed out way earlier in this thread that the Narnia books were supposedly depicting parts of the bible. I am not sure about this as I am not christian and have never read the bible however, I can see how the slaying of Aslan and his resurrection is similar to the crucifixion of Christ. I dunno though. Someone better familiar with the bible and Narnia books would be better set to answer this.

Well what do you know, first two websites after I googled came up with:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narnia

http://www.compassionatespirit.com/Narnia-Christian.htm

There is lots more when Narnia and christian are googled.

Yea, the resurretcion of Aslan was supposed to be like christ...I remember when Narnia the movie came out, our church got all hyped up...Lol...

I liked it, but, they tried to make it feel like the lord of the rings movies,but yet, they left out the awsome battle scenes lol...

• 7 months later...

I myself am a student. I have read all of the Harry Potter books. Although these novels are classified as "fantasy", it does not mean they are evil. The witchcraft used by Harry Potter and his friends is not evil. They use their "powers" towards good. If people who are so against these books took the time to actually read them, they would realize that the novels are all about good prevailing over evil. In the end, good does completely win. This isn't just some way for Rowling to turn all of youth into witches and satanists. People need to see Harry Potter for what it really is: the series that is getting our youth to stop playing video games and read. Instead of trying to take away the magic of reading for all children, parents need to just set the rules for their own kids and not try to rule society. Don't press your beliefs on others. I starting reading the Harry Potter series when I was in elementary school and I have never gotten into witchcraft or satanism because of them.

GOD not another Harry is Evil topic. i thought we were through with these Harry is Evil. The books r evil.

its all stupid. and alot of people have not lives.

and the C.S Lewis argument. Religious groups might drop him if they find out that he was very close friends with Tolkein.

and Lewis often listened and read his friends books. (although in his later years he did become sortofa heavy christian)

It's all mental.

It's just a book.

Yeah one of my friends is a Wiccan so I have asked about it and also did some research. I have to say it is interesting, but seems to have little to do with what the druids actually did back in the Dark Ages and the Roman Empire.

It is true that Christians are taught to love your neighbor, but unfortunately we tend to "fall short" or in other words fail to meet God's standards. It is true that many people stir up trouble, and they seem to be the only ones on media, but there are many you do not know of who are rather kind people. Media always takes the most radical group and airs it in order to get ratings.

The funniest/saddest thing (different sides of the coin) is that if radical preachers do not understand any religion other than their own, then they are dead wrong! Christianity is not a religion it is a relationship with God and serving Him.

And no I am not insane.

I myself am a student. I have read all of the Harry Potter books. Although these novels are classified as "fantasy", it does not mean they are evil. The witchcraft used by Harry Potter and his friends is not evil. They use their "powers" towards good. If people who are so against these books took the time to actually read them, they would realize that the novels are all about good prevailing over evil. In the end, good does completely win. This isn't just some way for Rowling to turn all of youth into witches and satanists. People need to see Harry Potter for what it really is: the series that is getting our youth to stop playing video games and read. Instead of trying to take away the magic of reading for all children, parents need to just set the rules for their own kids and not try to rule society. Don't press your beliefs on others. I starting reading the Harry Potter series when I was in elementary school and I have never gotten into witchcraft or satanism because of them.

Evil, no. Satanism, no. Witch making, no. Plagiarism in Harry Potter, maybe; but that is because I have not done the research myself. Annoying brats that made me want to scream at them "Grow up already!" IMHO yes, no offense to those who love Harry Potter because my brother loves that series of books too.

:sleepy: Psikillion

*is still laughing*

My guess is that most people on this forum have either read the Bible or have seen some of the Bible movies, or you have children who are very much into these things.

If so, this is a YouTube video that you have GOT to see:

Most people think that the Bible is a safe, fun, fantasy world that is great entertainment for our children, but as the film shockingly shows, that is not the case at all.

Did you know that the Bible series describes worship and the last supper with amazing precision and accuracy?

Did you know that the Bible is doing an amazing job of recriting our children into Christian religions?

One of the most stunning things in the film is the way that children describe the impact that Jesus has had on them. What the children have to say about Jesus will blow your mind.

Trust me, you will never look at the Bible the same way again.

So what do you all think? After learning the things in the YouTube clip I know my outlook is different. Do the rest of you still think the Bible is a good thing for our society?

Edited by JamieSymptom

I dont belive so..its never harmfull to children.......its just fictional

Thanks

UL

i notice the guy who created this thread hasnt been back on

*snip*

So what do you all think? After learning the things in the YouTube clip I know my outlook is different. Do the rest of you still think the Bible is a good thing for our society?

Anything that causes you to think, learn, explore or wonder is good. Anything taken to extremes by fanatics is bad.

.....yeah, that's my summary.....

:)

HN

*except Carebears*

*must be exterminated*

GOD not another Harry is Evil topic. i thought we were through with these Harry is Evil. The books r evil.

its all stupid. and alot of people have not lives.

This is a rather old thread.