Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Harry Potter Harmful To Children?

MandM

If anyone thinks Harry Potter is harmful to children, then they have obviously been hit with the Stupefy spell.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stormcrow

• HerNibs

• Noteaph

• Drago

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My guess is that most people on this forum have either read some of the Harry Potter books or have seen some of the Harry Potter movies, or you have children who are very much into these things.

If so, this is a YouTube video that you have GOT to see:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iKfFnABBis

Most people think that Harry Potter is a safe, fun, fantasy world that is great entertainment for our children, but as the film shockingly shows, that is not the case at all.

Did you know that the Harry Potter series describes witchcraft and the Occult with amazing precision and accuracy?

Did you know that the Harry Potter series is doing an amazing job of recriting our children into Occult religions?

One of the most stunning things in the film is the way that children describe the impact that Harry Potter has had on them. What the children have to say about Harry Potter will blow your mind.

Trust me, you will never look at Harry Potter the same way again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iKfFnABBis

So what do you all think? After learning the things in the YouTube clip I know my outlook is different. Do the rest of you still think Harry Potter is a good thing for our society?

Yes.

Better that it has some basis in the teachings of the truth of magic than the lies of religion.

I don't think I've looked at this thread before. Personally I'd recommend Terry Pratchett's books as a much better introduction to the world of magic(k).

I don't think I've looked at this thread before. Personally I'd recommend Terry Pratchett's books as a much better introduction to the world of magic(k).

Agreed.

I think this is one of the longest, possibly controversial, threads that no one is arguing. :P

It is rather old and hasn't been an issue in the news or anywhere else, that I've heard of, for a very long time.

This absolutely ridiculous :no: And very narrow minded....

That is all I have to say, I will not even bother to put down a decent argument to support my opinion. Since the people making these claims do the same thing.

And no I did not watch the video, because my logical and rational thinking has concluded so.

Maybe Harry Potter is really...Eric Cartman?

post-77721-1230590289_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
My guess is that most people on this forum have either read some of the Harry Potter books or have seen some of the Harry Potter movies, or you have children who are very much into these things.

Most people think that Harry Potter is a safe, fun, fantasy world that is great entertainment for our children, but as the film shockingly shows, that is not the case at all.

Did you know that the Harry Potter series describes witchcraft and the Occult with amazing precision and accuracy?

Did you know that the Harry Potter series is doing an amazing job of recriting our children into Occult religions?

One of the most stunning things in the film is the way that children describe the impact that Harry Potter has had on them. What the children have to say about Harry Potter will blow your mind.

So what do you all think? After learning the things in the YouTube clip I know my outlook is different. Do the rest of you still think Harry Potter is a good thing for our society?

Hilarious :lol: I remember reading the first Harry Potter books long before they became popular and I avidly read them through my youth. Then I realised there are other books other than Harry Potter and decided to try reading others. Reading War and Peace right now (it's actually pretty good :o)

But seriously, how can anyone seriously think Harry Potter is an evil Series? Have the deluded fools that blindly spout this nonsense actually took the time to read them? I think not.

I think Potter can be harmful, I tried one of his levitation spells...

'Levitus up me ottus' or something like that.

Didn't work.

I only ended up falling down the stairs, banging my head on the banister and twisting my ankle. <_<

Edited by Bill Hill

Didn't work.

I only ended up falling down the stairs, banging my head on the banister and twisting my ankle. <_<

*nods solemnly*

I'm afraid that was the work of satan...

Didn't work.

You aren't suppose to do that, Bill.

*Pats*

No more thinking you can fly.

Oh books are evil, for sure! I know when I finished reading Frankenstein, for example, I went out to some cemeteries and collected a bunch of body parts and tried to re-animate them ;)

There is no way that harry potter can "reproduce the occult with incredible accuracy" because there is no such thing as the occult. its as simple as that.

I read the first four harry potter books. They were so-so. A lot of people like them. Read em if you like.

No Harry Potter is not harmful to children because it is just a fictional piece of high fantasy literature. The Fundies big fear is it is going to spark an interest in witchcraft in the youth. However, remember this is high fantasy. But lets flip this coin and say, is the Bible harmful to children? Adults? Yes, in some or rather frequent cases it has.

No, it doesn't... its just a fun little story about a young wizard. good series personally, but children are learning something other than magic/occult refrences. ^_^

Books aren't dangerous. NONE OF THEM.

Parents are the most (potentially) dangerous things around kids today.

A book can't be dangerous unless the kid has been preprogrammed to react in a certain way. The preprogramming can be zealots for parents who induce fear or hate.

I would venture to say that a very few kids who are influenced by books in any way have genetic or physical flaws.

It's usually the parents/caregivers.

HN

Harry potter is never harmful ....There are no ideas I think which we can apply....Appling the style I think its just addiction

Thanks

B???

Firstly, you're confusing wicca with satanism, or at least the people that made that video are.

Harry's scar is far more like and N :) Maybe for Narnia, maybe JK Rowling, the christian woman is recruiting our children into christianity, the evil wench.

Wicca was a fast growing religion before harry potter, maybe due to it's harmony with nature, and it's non judgemental approach to life and other people. I'd hardly put it down to harry potter, as aside from the word 'witch' the two things are nothing alike.

Paganism again, while slightly different to wicca is again not really like harry potter. However, let me put your mind at rest! It's a peaceful religion, that doesn't involve satan, or fiery pits of hell, unlike christianity.

The film was constantly confusing wicca with satanism which leads me to believe they have no clue what they're talking about.

I like the way they quote Anton LaVey though...Since when did the christian church take his word as gospel, lol.

The quotes in blue from the children really are nothing out of the ordinary coming from a child who has discovered a new fantasy world, I too, if I could go to hogwarts, would study everything, use a wand, fly a broomstick. It would be fun.

Haha, The War of Fiction.

The Bible Vs. Christianity.

Who will win.

its just a damn book.

a watered down version, thats not as good at lord of the rings or the hobbit.

and it doesnt cause any harm to kids, teens or adults. its mainly the media thinking it does, due to some people and their rediculous religious beliefs.

Edited by Agent. Mulder

its just a damn book.

a watered down version, thats not as good at lord of the rings or the hobbit.

and it doesnt cause any harm to kids, teens or adults. its mainly the media thinking it does, due to some people and their rediculous religious beliefs.

Agreed, it doesn't TOUCH Lotr or any of Tolkien's work.

And yes the media just makes it look like Harry Potter is teaching children how to love satan...lol

Agreed, it doesn't TOUCH Lotr or any of Tolkien's work.

And yes the media just makes it look like Harry Potter is teaching children how to love satan...lol

i know. its absolutely rediculous that people think this way.