Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman had springs in her body

Owlscrying

A Chinese woman who complained of back pain turned out to have 10 small springs in her body.

"The muscles around the spine felt very tight, and as if they were pulling part, but I couldn't pinpoint the exact location of the pain," said Li, 47, of Yanji city.

Hospital doctors were initially baffled when an x-ray showed white spots along her spine.

Chief surgeon Dr Jin said: "We took five small springs from her back, buried 1 to 1.5 cm under the skin. Some of them had grown together with the muscles, and rusted."

After the surgery, the hospital took a full body x-ray, and found another five springs in her waist, feet and the top of her head.

Li says the springs may have been planted into her body when she was nine-years-old to treat epilepsy.

go

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Finsup22

• ~Onyx~

• chemical-licker

• BiffSplitkins

Top Posters In This Topic

:huh: ....Epilepsy?......Springs?...........I am SO goddamn lost.

Hey ya never see Tigger having seizures do you? :D

linked-image

Edited by BiffSplitkins

linked-image

Stop it, I'm a very visual thinker, and a visual of a woman laughing and bouncing up and down while in a sitting position is a bit much for me to take this early in the morning. :lol:

LOL, I thought it was a picture of tigger, not the whole friggin song....I hate him :w00t:

LOL, I thought it was a picture of tigger, not the whole friggin song....I hate him :w00t:

Oh sheesh, HOW can you hate Tigger. Hate is a pretty strong word you know :P

Poor woman. I can't imagine that. And some of them have fused with her muscles. :no:

Edited by MoonPrincess

Tigger is Greeeaaat!! oops wrong tiger. :P

That poor woman! I,ve never heard of epilepsy being treated with springs, thats just weird! As for good ole Tigger, he may not have epilepsy, but he seems to have hyper activity disorder! But i LOVE him just the same! :yes::D

Lol, the sad thing is that I already knew all the words to the Tigger song. . .tee hee. . .I used to have a Tigger obsession as a teenager and had Tigger EVERYTHING. ..

As for the woman, that is awfully strange. . .wouldn't she remember them putting them there if the surgery happened when she was 9? That's the oddest treatment of epilepsy that I've every heard. . .

yeah tigger rhymes with :ph34r:

:rofl::lol::D

______

er

This is the first time I've heard that they treat epilepsy with springs. 0.o

Edited by Legatus Legionis

As for the woman, that is awfully strange. . .wouldn't she remember them putting them there if the surgery happened when she was 9?

That's what I was wondering. Wouldn't she remember something like that? :hmm:

Tigger is Greeeaaat!! oops wrong tiger. :P

Did you know that if Snoopy Doggy Dogg maried Winnie the Phoo he'd be known as Snoopy Doggy Dogg Phoo..... :rofl:

linked-image

hush now biff.. it was supposed to be a secret.. now disney is going to be really peed off