Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Where do you get your information?

dd07

So where do you get your UM info?

I have a few books that I read most of the time, I find them easier and more informative then the net. Of course I get all the recent news from the net and TV. I only watch videos on YouTube that have been recommended to me.

Any good books, shows, websites you find especially good?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dd07

• knowledge..w/o..power

• ~Cheese~

• Jesse Custer

This site

:)

Well in my case mostly from books, although Wikipedia is becoming a very interesting starting point for certain searches, namely because of the external links. World Mysteries is a great website with a deep information background.

The reason why I prefer written publications over websites is the fact that once an article is finished and published it can't be altered. I'll try to explain myself: websites are often updated or corrected and that seemingly inconsequential act may in fact be erasing precious information. Certain mistakes and errors have a reason behind them. In order to fully understand certain issues – especially when you deal with this sort of topics - one must be aware of the smallest details which, in their turn, may have led someone, in a certain context, to write certain unsubstantiated or unverified information. Errors, omissions, typos... these may also be good information sources inadvertently.

Also the book is a very accessible format, easy to read and doesn’t cause headaches like prolonged reading in a PC screen might. And it is no coincidence: we’ve been perfecting the printing of books for centuries now.

TV documentaries are becoming more and more uninteresting and predictable, especially those from the usual channels. They keep on approaching the same themes, in the same ways – flashy and fast paced documentaries with lots of editing clichés like quick image sequences, etc. BBC has perfected their own art of Television documentaries so I think they’re still the reference: wisely-picked themes, editing, interviews, photography and above all good soundtracks.

Most of all I miss the debates at the end of each show in a studio prepared for that purpose. You’d always have a panel of different people with different opinions and once again it would be the source for extra information which most docs seem to overlook. Catchy phrases, real live discussions... You don’t see that often in History Channel or National Geographic do you?