Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Evolutionary Discussion

BlindMessiah

Why don't you do some research on him before you post. Try looking on.....Google :tu:

I did. Dr. Nillson noted the phenomenon of periodic extinctions and came up with a way to explain the resurgeance of life after each extinction. He called it "emication." He thought that in extinctions, all life is destroyed, but then reconstitutes itself spontaneously by reassembling its genetic material into "gametes" that contain the genetic compliment necessary for each species to reconstitute itself.

He never explained how a "gamete" is supposed to go from a collection of cells to a full-blown animal without a surviving mother to carry the embryo to term. He never proposed a model for how his ideas were supposed to work. His hypothesis was discarded by the scientific community within a few years of its publication. Indeed, it was never accepted by more than a tiny few. You won't find his name in the bibliographies of papers published after about 1960.

In short, "emication" is one of those ideas that turned out to be wrong, like the "ether" or like Velikovsky's wandering planets.

There has been a tremendous amount of reserach in this area in just the last ten years. Admittedly, it is difficult to keep up with all the reading needed to stay abreast of developments. But, if you're going to try to demonstrate something using a scientific reference, you need to come up with something that at least at one time, had wide support. Nillson's idea was regarded as out in the lunatic fringe from the moment he published it.

Doug

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WalkingWithFire

• Cimber

• Beckys_Mom

• BlindMessiah

Why don't you do some research on him before you post. Try looking on.....Google :tu:

If you want real science (the internet is the greatest compilation of nonsense ever) try looking at peer reviewed scientific papers.

scholar.google.com

Far more useful.

HOLLA DAT! :D

I've got some evidence for evolution its called Every single fossilized remain ever found. I've got another, its called Dinosaurs.

Seriously, creationists are simply a joke. Honestly no one can be that blind to the simple truth because of a 2000 year old book about a dead carpenter, can they? Oh but they can, enter, Creationists!

Are they saying that DNA is not real? No.

Are they saying a rabbit with short legs and a rabbit with long legs have the exact same chance of getting eaten by a fox? No, the fitter one survives doesn't it? Yes, and it passes on its genes to its children, doesn't it? Yes, and over time The long legged rabbits will inevitably keep beating the short legs and passsing on their genes until, they are their own genus right? No. Why not? Because an acient, scientifically inaccurate book says so.

Hm.

See the problem here?

yeah, WWF didnt respond to my post. i think he finally knows what we feel like, having to put up with that stuff all the time. and he doesnt seem to understand evolution. because any of the valid points you just posted, he'll reply with 'god did it when he constructed them'. which is just sad.

Creation is accepted. I'm a scientist with a degree and I accept creation. I even know the Creator. :)

Abiogenesis has 0 evidence and never will because it's not possible to prove abiogenesis.

What subject is your degree in? Are you currently publishing?

With all due respect, you use words like "prove" when that concept is being phased out.

Why do you not respond when people post specific publications that demonstrate the evolution of new species or the development of new traits, like pesticide resistance, or "super-pests"? Is it evolution or "abiogenesis" that you disagree with?

If science can demonstrate that life COULD develop from non-living precursors by actually replicating the process in a lab, would that be sufficient evidence for you to change your mind?

Doug

Oh heavens, I wouldn't want that. I recant my statement then. ^_^

not very nice of you

not very nice of you

I jest, of course, BM. :P

I jest, of course, BM. :P

:o you little git LOL

:o you little git LOL

Ha ha ha ha yes I suppose :lol: