Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mainstream 'science' make us look stupid!

archangel_josh

Mainstream science has concluded that evolution is fact and that's the end of the arguement. We even teach it in schools!

Evolution is considered a Fact in Biology. The Theory of Evolution is the 'how and why' behind the fact that organisms evolve.

Much like Gravity. Gravity is a Fact, and the theory is the 'how and why' behind the Fact of gravity.

Evolution has been observed today, it is in the fossil record, and it happens.

'nuff said!

Mainstream science has concluded that we are the cause behind global warming.

Facts:

It is getting warmer. That is a bad thing.

Spitting out Carbon Dioxide sure as hell isn't helping the environment.

It is a good thing to be environmentally friendly.

A goal of humanity's is to make peace with the environment; to stop polluting and destroying completely.(Much like no more world hunger).

Oil costs a lot.

Most of the countries that sell oil aren't stable.

Therefore, with those facts, it can be concluded:

A. It is a good thing to get off oil, and move completely to alternative energy sources.

With that as a fact, why can't we agree on the following:

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF WE ARE CAUSING GLOBAL WARMING! We sure as hell aren't helping, AND SWITCHING TO ALTERNATIVE ENERGY SOURCES IS VERY IMPORTANT.

Again, enough said.

Mainstream science says that the universe is 'this far across' and 'this far wide' and that it can be measured.

What's so awful about that? This should be taken as a Fact. It is simply an observation, nothing more. Observations are the closest things to Fact we've got.

Mainstream science concluded that the world was flat.

You mean the church following stuff from Before Christ?

Mainstream science said the universe revolves around Earth.

You mean the church following stuff from Before Christ?

Mainstream science said God lived on a cloud.

You mean the church?

Mainstream science said that cloning was impossible.

So?

Mainstream science said that the speed of light was a constant that couldn't ever be broken.

Dude. It is. Except with travel via wormholes and stuff, but thats technically not breaking the speed of light.

Global warming IS NOT caused by humanity - check out 'The Great Global Warming Swindle' to counter all the lies you've seen in 'An Inconveiniant Truth'.

Probably wrong.

Evolution is NOT a fact - it is a theory. There are many theories out there, and I support 'Intelligent Design' theory, where we were created by advanced people.

Wrong.

The universe cannot be measured it is infinite - see the theories of Cambridge University mathematical physicist Neil Turok.

Wrong.

Ok dude. I know it seems like one big conspiracy to you, but, really it isn't. 'Main stream science' is honest people, living an honest life, and doing their best.

Just because 1 guy says something wacky doesn't make it true.

Cheers,

SQLServer

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• archangel_josh

• Cradle of Fish

• Stellar

• Emma_Acid

< ...about mainstream 'science' and the science community, who are really just a bunch of primitive egotists... >

What, because they are skeptical of theories based on lack of substance, evidence, proof, collaborating evidence and/or reason?

< ...mainstream 'science' is making people like ourselves look stupid because we can't 'scientifically' back up what we believe (whatever our beliefs be eg. that Atlantis existed, that primitives had access to advanced technology, that aliens created us etc) >

Good science is an explanation based on a process.

The essential elements [of good science] are iterations, recursions, interleavings, and orderings of the following:

* Characterizations (observations, definitions, and measurements of the subject of inquiry)

* Hypotheses (theoretical, hypothetical explanations of observations and measurements of the subject)

* Predictions (reasoning including logical deduction from the hypothesis or theory)

* Experiments (tests of all of the above)

Results, deductions or conclusions that are not a result of this process are known - collectively and colloquially as 'Bad Science'.

<Mainstream science has concluded that evolution is fact and that's the end of the argument. We even teach it in schools! ... Evolution is NOT a fact - it is a theory>

Evolution is fact... the Theory of Evolution' used to explain and predict 'Evolution' is refined, robust, accurate and reliable. The body of evidence is massive and beyond question. The fact that scientists recognise they don't know (and crucially cannot effectively represent in clinical trials) EVERY environmental variable means it isn't officially 'proven. However.

When an observation is confirmed repeatedly and by many independent and competent observers, it can become a fact.

<Mainstream science has concluded that we are the cause behind global warming.>

Mainstream science has concluded that we are significant (5%) contributors to global warming. There is differing opinions to the actual amount, but research is suggesting that human activity (including livestock) is perhaps the major contributor.

<Mainstream science says that the universe is 'this far across' and 'this far wide' and that it can be measured. ...the universe cannot be measured it is infinite ...>

I believe that M-Theory provides the best explanation. M-Theory that suggests that the universe is indeed flat and finite, and that there is quite possibly numerous universes existing side-by-side - in multidimensional branes. It is the collision between these branes that caused the Big Bang and that the universe will continue to expand until another brane collision .

<Mainstream science concluded that the world was flat. Mainstream science said the universe revolves around Earth.>

World is what you know in your experience, this is also an interchangeable term for Earth. Earth is not flat (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_Earth#Classical_Antiquity), however, the universe probably is in general terms.

<Mainstream science said God lived on a cloud.>

Primitive religions started this, St Thomas Aquinas expanded it to include heirarchies, but it was popularised by Dante in his 'Divine Comedy'. It ultimately was a joke that was then institutionalised by Catholic Church for myth building reasons.

<Mainstream science said that cloning was impossible.>

Who said this? When? If you subscribe to the Genesis explanation (which you don't, and neither do I) - well Eve was cloned. Catholicism holds the view that Eve was cloned and that cloning 'ungodly'. HA!

It has been demonstrated that religions thrive on bad science. Raelism is a cult. Wake up Josh

Dum, dum dum dum, dum.

Yes medicine is derived from all spiritual ideas.

I'm still waiting to see evidence of that claim. Everything from sterilizing tools to vaccines is based on medical science, there's nothing spiritual about it.

Yes medicine is derived from all spiritual ideas.

I had two parents who had Phd's from medical school, and both worked with the creation of new drugs.

Do you really have any idea what goes into medicine?

Don't you also realize that Evolution MUST be accepted in medicine to deal with Evolving bacteria?

I still say that all medicine is derived from spiritual ideas. Because it is the starting of all medicine.

Edited by Electrokinesis is me

The hardest thing to do on the planet is to change a closed mind. Besides that science has not always been about the science but rather the politics and ability to control the masses through science. For example the global warming scam.(yes it is a scam) Billions of dollars and the ability to control the people through propaganda. Sometimes I wish the world was flat. That would kill off a lot of these idiots, considering their over the edge!!!

I still say that all medicine is derived from spiritual ideas. Because it is the starting of all medicine.

How... this doesn't make sense at all.

Source please.

The hardest thing to do on the planet is to change a closed mind. Besides that science has not always been about the science but rather the politics and ability to control the masses through science. For example the global warming scam.(yes it is a scam) Billions of dollars and the ability to control the people through propaganda. Sometimes I wish the world was flat. That would kill off a lot of these idiots, considering their over the edge!!!

I yearn for the days when politics wasnt dragged into global warming and we didn't get self made experts who've seen one documentary about it thinking they know what they're talking about.

You dont have to be controlled, but what you do have to realize is that the way we as a species has been living has been incredibly wasteful. There's no reason why we cant switch to sustainable sources of energy and still live at an equal or better standard of living. The way we're going the if we dont get killed by nuclear weapons we're just going to run out of resources, this way we only have to worry about the nukes.

I think many scientists are frightened of releasing there discoveries because of the possible ridicule from their peers, ridicule and scrutiny from the scientific community on new scientific developments makes it seem that scientists are un-willing to accept the possibility that there might be alternative answers to things that they had previously thought were fully concluded, an example that springs to mind is Super String Theory where until recently many Scientists treated it with distain but as more research has gone into it people have discovered that there is mathematical evidence to support Multiple Dimensions using String Theory.

While I appreciate your comments, I do get a little bit bored of these "scientists are so closed minded" comments. Take a flick through any copy of New Scientist for example and you'll see this simply isn't true. Science theory in general needs to fulfil many important criteria or it can't be taken seriously.

The people who claim scientists are closed minded are always the ones with the stupid, pseudo-sci-fi hypotheses which don't stand up to even the slightest scrutiny and are simply throwing a hissy fit because there are no scientific communities taking them seriously. And why should there be? By all accounts and in almost all cases it would be an utter waste of time.

Many ideas sometime take a long time to be accepted because of the success or failures of other theories, and advances in observational abilities. Bohmian Mechanics was discovered in the 1920s, rediscovered in the 50s, and is only now being taken more seriously due to the failings of quantum theory. For example, Bohmian mechanics describes the idea that quantum mechanics isn't random at all, it just looks that way due to unseen parameters. This works with a lot of what we know now, but in the 20s, it was rightly ignored.

pseudo-sci-fi hypotheses

While agreeing with you most of the time, in this case I have to say that most of those could maybe qualify as postulate... but hardly as hypothesis.

Thanks for this comment - I agree with you.

People in this forum think that I'm an idiot when I say that 'mainstream science' said that God lived in a cloud. This technically isn't right, obviously. I was merely pointing out that the Church stated the facts and people were expected to follow, because the Church ruled. Today's "mainstream science" is nothing more than religion. No doubt most of what we know is right - but I'm talking about things that we're told as fact, when we know that there's a whole bunch of other science not being discussed (eg. evolution/creationism, human global warming/natural cycles).

Global warming is a scam - we are getting hotter because we're moving closer to the sun AND the polar ice caps are melting on Mars. It's a natural cycle and it's got nothing to do with what humans have been doing. No doubt it's great to switch to more environmentally sound fuels/lifestyles.....but come on! Isn't ANYONE skeptical that all of the major governments are jumping on the bandwagon and that businesses 'flaunt' their global warming sympathies? Carbon taxes! Live concerts to 'raise awareness'! Doesn't anyone see that this is all propaganda? (I know that you do bogcreeper!)

Through this all I still respect all of your opinions/comments.

-Josh

Thanks for this comment - I agree with you.

People in this forum think that I'm an idiot when I say that 'mainstream science' said that God lived in a cloud. This technically isn't right, obviously. I was merely pointing out that the Church stated the facts and people were expected to follow, because the Church ruled. Today's "mainstream science" is nothing more than religion. No doubt most of what we know is right - but I'm talking about things that we're told as fact, when we know that there's a whole bunch of other science not being discussed (eg. evolution/creationism, human global warming/natural cycles).

Global warming is a scam - we are getting hotter because we're moving closer to the sun AND the polar ice caps are melting on Mars. It's a natural cycle and it's got nothing to do with what humans have been doing. No doubt it's great to switch to more environmentally sound fuels/lifestyles.....but come on! Isn't ANYONE skeptical that all of the major governments are jumping on the bandwagon and that businesses 'flaunt' their global warming sympathies? Carbon taxes! Live concerts to 'raise awareness'! Doesn't anyone see that this is all propaganda? (I know that you do bogcreeper!)

Through this all I still respect all of your opinions/comments.

-Josh

Actually the planet is warming up because the Raelians and Scientologists are filling the planet with hot air.

Umm... how do icecaps melting on Mars have anything to do with Global Warming on Earth?

Umm... how do icecaps melting on Mars have anything to do with Global Warming on Earth?

The excuse of some to deny that climate change is happening...and if it is happening there is nothing we can do about it because it happens on Mars too...

Actually the planet is warming up because the Raelians and Scientologists are filling the planet with hot air.

:)

-Josh

If humanity are responsible for the warming of the Earth, then why is it getting warmer on our neighbouring planets?

We know that we aren't having an effect on Mars, our carbon emmissions wouldn't travel through space, land on Mars and warm that place too!

It seems that our area of the neighbourhood is getting warmer and it's not because of us.

-Josh

If humanity are responsible for the warming of the Earth, then why is it getting warmer on our neighbouring planets?

We know that we aren't having an effect on Mars, our carbon emmissions wouldn't travel through space, land on Mars and warm that place too!

It seems that our area of the neighbourhood is getting warmer and it's not because of us.

-Josh

The sun goes through cycles of warmer and cooler stages, the warming wouldn't have such a big effect on Earth if not for the greenhouse effect that we've contributed to. If it was just due to the sun we would have seen identical cycles here on earth over the past hundred years, since the suns cycle is really short, seven years if I remember correctly. The polar caps on mars grow and shrink all the time. If the sun was drastically warming up in anyway I think scientists would be far more worried about that, because it's something we can do nothing about.

Edited by Cradle of Fish

Global warming is a scam - we are getting hotter because we're moving closer to the sun

-Josh

No we certainly are not.

No we certainly are not.

Emma is correct here. Earth isn't moving any closer to the Sun.

However, Global Warming remains a controversial issue as to the specific causes of this warming trend. Things are heating up a bit, but why and how, and how much, and where it will lead to climate wise remains the burning question (a bit of a pun there).

• 4 weeks later...

Apologies if my post seemed aggressive. As an excuse I will say I get tired of (what I consider to be the new religion of) science. Yes, it’s a poor excuse.

Human’s have achieved a lot. And like you said, should be proud of it. But we are still wholly unwitting creatures in the wider scheme of things. I just wish more humans would realise that.

:tu: Good topic Josh

I think all of existence is infinite consciousness. Whether science backs this up or not I dont care.

I think all of existence is infinite consciousness. Whether science backs this up or not I dont care.

I agree that some of existence is infinite consciousness. However there are many people out there who are still asleep! This is the goal of the Elohim (our ET creators)....they want us to realise our potential and to become fully awakened. When humanity has done that, we can join the other races who have done the same and join forces in order to awaken more people. That way, we will be able to contribute to the knowledge of the universe and make it a better place to live for all.

I like your thinking....

pfff, no time to read all of the pages but

mainstream science is there to form a basis

there are a lot of debates all over the world with a lot of ideas

also more research then you are obviously aware off

mainstream science is there to be disputed, if someone teaches you something in school and you don't agree then don't just sit there and take it

debate!

of course sooner or later it's best to have some sort of proof to back up your theories

...there's also this little thing called philosophy, or more specifically philosophy on science...