Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

LIst of crapulance

Xenojjin

I thought we should make a list of government programs in the US ( or outside the US , if you want ) That our taxdollar is paying for , yet obviously are not helping anyone or doing their job ... or in other words they are but drains on the economy that should have been terminated a long time ago .

Be sure to include a reason why it doesnt work , and what it is just in case someone doesnt know . The purpose of this being to see just how many programs are out their that dont mean anything .

DARE - the program made to keep kids off drugs . Its statistically proven that areas that have DARE in them end up having higher teen alcholhol / drug use then elsewhere ... Bet you can guess how good that programs working ...

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Seraphina

• <bleeding_heart>

• Benjo Koolzooie

• SilverCougar

Government subsidies to tobacco farmers... blink.gif

Government helium storage. blink.gifblink.gif

There are so many to list...

£100,000 to help scientists find out why we like fruit pastells (a candy/sweet)

Farmers subsidies

The Millenium Dome whistling2.gif (a building shaped like an upside sown bowl that cost more than the Sydney Opera House, St. Pauls Cathedral and the Manchester Commonwealth Games, and nobody wanted it and nobody went, then they sold it for about 30p) crying.gif

And a taskforce huh.gif for every pointless thing you've ever heard in your life.

The Scottish parlimant building tongue.gif Which is now going to cost some...six or seven times what it was estimated to I believe tongue.gif I think it's well into the hundred millions by now, but I can't remember the exact figure tongue.gif

Talk about a waste of cash for a glorified regional council tongue.gif

edit: Hey...my little tongue.gif got themselves in formation grin2.gif

Way to many to get into, and I know I'm only half informed, so instead of saying something that will be corrected and have my fur singed for it...

I'll just ask, Why do you like fruit pastells?

100K first! There is probably a reason for the research like why are we all putting on weight in this country or something like that! But even so it's sounds a bit dodgy.

whistling2.gif

I'll just ask, Why do you like fruit pastells?

Because they taste good huh.gif I must admit, I think that 'study' is just an excuse by some people to eat fruit pastels, and get paid for it tongue.gif

*thinks she'll start a study on "why we like holidays to Spain" and ask for £100'000 grant to find out tongue.gif*

Seraphina , how many times have you blobbed your tongue out!

Put it away! tongue.gif ...Oops! I'm doing it now.

DARE a failure. wow i did not know this, perhaps the children who took part in the DARE program became interested in drugs afterwards. some children would ask odd questions in regards to drugs and other thing. such question would be "am i a drug user if i sniff whiteout?"

However, some children already knew about the drugs before DARE, so it depends on the area which the program is trying to reduce the drug use.

wacko.gifblink.gifwacko.gifblink.gif

In my country two things spring to mind;

giving illegal immigrants a pat on the back....

giving workshy (US equivalent = welfare) dole queuing proletariat scum handout after handout....

Bring back Maggie!!!