Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I believe I was created by God

WalkingWithFire

I believe I am one of God's creations.

I should apologize because I do sometimes pick on people who believe we evolved from molecules or who believe we are common ancestors with apes or even coffee stains.

I want to be fair, so I will discuss creation with you and I will share my perspective on things in relation to my belief in God and His Word.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WalkingWithFire

• Beckys_Mom

• churchanddestroy

• Agent. Mulder

I agree and will wait to see the flames come in if there are any.

What made you believe?

Is it self-evident to you that God exists? Do you have doubts?

Do you follow a literal interpretation of the Bible or do you pick and choose?

Do you view people who believe evolution occurs as ignoring evidence that it does not?

Oh and these questions come in peace :)

Edited by Belqis

What made you believe?

Do you view people who believe evolution occurs as ignoring evidence that it does not?

Oh and ahem...these questions come :) in peace

in order of questions.

first two same answer

my first thought.

I try to follow the spirit of the bible not the wording.

Evolution occures. I do not believe that life started by accident.

What made you believe?

I was raised in a Christian family, but it didn't stick with me until last May. I had a unique experience with a demon coming out of my body when I said "Jesus is Lord". Right after that, my hands were held up in the air by the Holy Spirit, and I went under what I would call a confession and I could still feel the demon trying to get at me. It was pretty traumatic because if I didn't confess my sins how God saw them my hands would come together and I could feel the demon trying to get back inside me. The demon had given me head trauma and afterwards my pastor prayed for me and my brain filled entirely with light and the pastor was given a confirmation and he could somehow see my brain filled with light as well in his mind. I was healed and accepted Jesus Christ into my heart. I could actually feel Jesus entering my heart. I knew the exact moment it happened. So for me, my conversion made it pretty self-evident that God existed.

Since then I've had God speak to me and I'm able to discern things when God wants me to, including scriptures and dates of things.

When I follow the Bible I use the gift of spiritual discernment that God has given me. The Bible is supposed to be read using discernment.

I think people need to choose for themselve whether they want to believe the various components of evolution. Some people believe evolution is compatible with the Bible, others do not.

I believe that some components of it are possible, but only because the Bible tells us all things are possible with God.

Do you have any references to show that man was created in his present form by god? Thanks :)

What did you believe concerning evolution prior to your demonic experience?

Sometimes I get the impression you know quite a bit about the percieved mechanics of evolution. You may not agree with it but you are o'fey with its tenets.

Do you have any references to show that man was created in his present form by god? Thanks :)

This is an account of how man was originally created.

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man in his [own] image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26-28

However after man sinned, I believe God altered man and woman's bodies because sin and death entered the world and it was no longer appropriate for the world man was to live in. Man needed extra protection and women were to have pain during childbirth, so there were alterations.

Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire [shall be] to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed [is] the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat [of] it all the days of thy life; Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field; In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou [art], and unto dust shalt thou return. Genesis 3:16-19

This is an account of how man was originally created.

Do you have a reference to support that it is an actual account of how man was originally created, rather than simply a story? Thanks :)

And God said, Let us make man in our image

Furthermore, do you suggest that god has a human physical form?

Why do you believe that the world is less than 12,000 years old?

I can understand you might be skeptical of carbon-dating, but there are various common-sense examples of why the world must be much older than that.

For example - Coral reefs grow at a rate of no more than two tenths of an inch every year, and Coral reefs have been found which are over 50,000 inches thick.

What did you believe concerning evolution prior to your demonic experience?

Sometimes I get the impression you know quite a bit about the percieved mechanics of evolution. You may not agree with it but you are o'fey with its tenets.

I used to read lots of books, visit websites, and do debates on the whole evolution vs creation thing for awhile then I lost interest. I think there are some truths in microevolution that have been demonstrated but it gets mixed in with everything else. However, I'm trying to stay on the topic of God and/or creation in this thread. Thanks for your question though. :)

Do you have a reference to support that it is an actual account of how man was originally created, rather than simply a story? Thanks :)

If you do not accept the Bible as an actual account then I will accept that it is likely that I will not convince you. Thanks for the question though.

As far as God having a physical form. Yes...I believe God in human form is Jesus Christ.

Yes, God has a human form. As do all other what we call intellegent life forms in the universe. This however does not make them human. Although I believe that they will call themselves human.

Why do you believe that the world is less than 12,000 years old?

I can understand you might be skeptical of carbon-dating, but there are various common-sense examples of why the world must be much older than that.

For example - Coral reefs grow at a rate of no more than two tenths of an inch every year, and Coral reefs have been found which are over 50,000 inches thick.

So what if the coral reefs were 49,800 inches thick when they were created?

I believe God created many things in a mature form. Adam and Eve were adults. There were adult lions and tigers created. I'm sure there were many mature coral reefs created.

As far as God having a physical form. Yes...I believe God in human form is Jesus Christ.

But before JC, gods form is a human form? What did he breath then, befoe the earth and air was created? What did he eat!?

If you do not accept the Bible as an actual account then I will accept that it is likely that I will not convince you.

Well, what reason is there to accept it? I see none.

Since then I've had God speak to me and I'm able to discern things when God wants me to, including scriptures and dates of things.

When I follow the Bible I use the gift of spiritual discernment that God has given me. The Bible is supposed to be read using discernment.

Thats what I love about science, its black and white, no need for discerning anything out of it.

But before JC, gods form is a human form? What did he breath then, befoe the earth and air was created? What did he eat!?

Well, what reason is there to accept it? I see none.

Jesus Christ has always existed.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by Him; and without Him was not any thing made that was made. John 1:1-3 (The Word is Jesus Christ)

I would imagine that God eats or breathes by His own will since God is God and can choose whether He wants to do those things or not.

If you do not accept the Bible as an actual account then I will accept that it is likely that I will not convince you. Thanks for the question though.

ROFLMAO what a response. The ole' blow off.

So what if the coral reefs were 49,800 inches thick when they were created?

I believe God created many things in a mature form. Adam and Eve were adults. There were adult lions and tigers created. I'm sure there were many mature coral reefs created.

Interesting. The arrowheads that are 25,000 years old - What would be your theory on those?

I believe God started the spark of molecules , quarks ....... whatever... and sat back and watches it all unfold , evolve. knowing each and every step.

so evolve from chimps? sure why not ? I believe we have. evidence supports it. yet who's to say the whole of everything wasn't God lighting a fuse ?

not unlike this nursery rhyme !

http://www.apples4theteacher.com/mother-go...jack-built.html

Interesting. The arrowheads that are 25,000 years old - What would be your theory on those?

God wanted to do some archery practice before the 2008 olympics is my guess.

Thats what I love about science, its black and white, no need for discerning anything out of it.

I enjoy discerning things. It gives this feeling of bringing the Bible to life for me. I know the story behind the story because I'm given the message spiritually by God. For instance, I know the names of the Prince of Persia and the Prince of Grecia and what their names mean.

I would imagine that God eats or breathes by His own will since God is God and can choose whether He wants to do those things or not.

Why? We cant do that... and if we were created in his image...

Do you believe in god as he is depicted in the bible? i.e. a homophobic, sexist bigot who believes that you shouldn't cut your hair, says if you believe in him you can drink poison without harm and wants you to hate your parents and has killed thousands if not millions of innocent people?

I would rather discuss God and creation. I have not studied the arrowheads you're talking about, or heard of them for that matter. God bless you though:)