Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I believe I was created by God

WalkingWithFire

Revelation is a book of prophecy of the end times. Walkingwithfire, try reading the book of Daniel, it goes hand in hand w/Revelation. :D

I read them both. I've discerned things from Daniel as well. I already mentioned that I discerned the names of the Prince of Persia and the Prince of Grecia and the meanings of their names. These are both found in the book of Daniel.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WalkingWithFire

• Beckys_Mom

• churchanddestroy

• Agent. Mulder

Do you have any proof for all of your above statements?

For the prophecies part look up Rev. 1:3, and Daniel you have to read to understand that it goes hand in hand w/Revelation.

what about it?

About hating your parents. You'll see what I mean.

For the prophecies part look up Rev. 1:3, and Daniel you have to read to understand that it goes hand in hand w/Revelation.

Revelation 1:3

Blessed is the one who reads the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near.

The word prophecy has several meanings. If you are to imply that it is foretelling the future, provide evidence that this is the meaning of the word in this instance. Also, if it is in fact foretelling the future, the events within would have already taken place as, "the time is near."

Prophecy:

1. the foretelling or prediction of what is to come.

2. something that is declared by a prophet, esp. a divinely inspired prediction, instruction, or exhortation.

3. a divinely inspired utterance or revelation: oracular prophecies.

4. the action, function, or faculty of a prophet.

I have read Daniel and Revelation. So I ask again, how does it go hand and hand with Revelation.

Now, can you provide scriptures to support those statements?

Yes, I can. Except I cannot give you the name of the angel who blows the trumpet because his name is not mentioned in scripture.

And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, [even] Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come. 1 Thes 1:10

Those who accept Jesus Christ are delivered from the wrath to come.

There are said to be real plagues.

For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: Rev 22:18

Do you have a reference to support that it is an actual account of how man was originally created, rather than simply a story? Thanks :)

Furthermore, do you suggest that god has a human physical form?

Salaam (Peace)

This is one of those key places where Islamic and Biblical beliefs differ. Allah The Creator has no form, shape, or image. The original form of Adam was one without decay or any kind of entropy. We were created in perfect symmetry, then reduced to the lowest level (Surah 95).

You'll see what I mean.

I don't. It says that fellow Christians are family, so should Christians hate other Christians?

I'm no super Bible scholar so I'm not sure where exactly I can point you. But I will, do some studying and try to give you an answer as soon as possible.

Maybe you should read some commentaries concerning that. Like Spurgeon's commentary for starters, thats if you're genuinely interested.

I don't. It says that fellow Christians are family, so should Christians hate other Christians?

We should hate evil, but not one another.

The fear of the LORD [is] to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate. Prov 8:13

We should help and encourage one another.

Prov 27:17

Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.

1Yes, I can. Except I cannot give you the name of the angel who blows the trumpet because his name is not mentioned in scripture.

2. And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, [even] Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come. 1 Thes 1:10

3. There are said to be real plagues.

For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: Rev 22:18

1. If you know his name, and it isn't from scripture, where did you discover the name? Are we allowed to know the name?

2. This verse says, the Son is from heaven, he was raised from the dead, which delivers the believers. How do you know that the wrath implied is the so called tribulation? If you can prove that it is in fact the tribulation, how do you know, that Christians will be raptured? It simply says, they will be delivered.

3. This says not to add or take away from the book, it does not say whether or not the plagues are to be considered literal.

We should hate evil, but not one another.

The fear of the LORD [is] to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate. Prov 8:13

We should help and encourage one another.

Prov 27:17

Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.

Yes, I can. Except I cannot give you the name of the angel who blows the trumpet because his name is not mentioned in scripture.

And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, [even] Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come. 1 Thes 1:10

have you discerned the name of the antichrist?

I was raised in a Christian family, but it didn't stick with me until last May. I had a unique experience with a demon coming out of my body when I said "Jesus is Lord". Right after that, my hands were held up in the air by the Holy Spirit, and I went under what I would call a confession and I could still feel the demon trying to get at me. It was pretty traumatic because if I didn't confess my sins how God saw them my hands would come together and I could feel the demon trying to get back inside me. The demon had given me head trauma and afterwards my pastor prayed for me and my brain filled entirely with light and the pastor was given a confirmation and he could somehow see my brain filled with light as well in his mind. I was healed and accepted Jesus Christ into my heart. I could actually feel Jesus entering my heart. I knew the exact moment it happened. So for me, my conversion made it pretty self-evident that God existed.

Since then I've had God speak to me and I'm able to discern things when God wants me to, including scriptures and dates of things.

When I follow the Bible I use the gift of spiritual discernment that God has given me. The Bible is supposed to be read using discernment.

I think people need to choose for themselve whether they want to believe the various components of evolution. Some people believe evolution is compatible with the Bible, others do not.

I believe that some components of it are possible, but only because the Bible tells us all things are possible with God.

Don't worry you'll get over your pychosis. I have a good friend who was brainwashed into the same belief. He testified and thought he had demon in him wholeheartedly. He writhed on the floor because it opened a psychological door in an inhospitable environment where that was expected. It lasted for years where he was crippled. I then showed him videos of Mali and Matis tribes rites and the power of self hypnosis and how ridiculouly easy it is for the mind and body to convince itself of such things, to the point of seeing things, to the point of believing anything. It took him seven years to realize he was taken advantage of, that he was preyed upon, that the human psychie IS that fragile, that when people care less about you than what they believe they are able to impart unbelievable trauma that the victims will accept as true because they have lost themselves. I'd invite you to look at everything. Because you are not doing that now.

1. If you know his name, and it isn't from scripture, where did you discover the name? Are we allowed to know the name?

2. This verse says, the Son is from heaven, he was raised from the dead, which delivers the believers. How do you know that the wrath implied is the so called tribulation? If you can prove that it is in fact the tribulation, how do you know, that Christians will be raptured? It simply says, they will be delivered.

3. This says not to add or take away from the book, it does not say whether or not the plagues are to be considered literal.

Some people have gifts of spiritual discernment. I know the name of the angel because God allowed me to know the name.

James 1:5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.

1 Cor 13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge,...

I know the order of certain events because they will affect me. God provides us with knowledge when we ask for it.

have you discerned the name of the antichrist?

Edited by WalkingWithFire

Don't worry you'll get over your pychosis. I have a good friend who was brainwashed into the same belief. He testified and thought he had demon in him wholeheartedly. He writhed on the floor because it opened a psychological door in an inhospitable environment where that was expected. It lasted for years where he was crippled. I then showed him videos of Mali and Matis tribes rites and the power of self hypnosis and how ridiculouly easy it is for the mind and body to convince itself of such things, to the point of seeing things, to the point of believing anything. It took him seven years to realize he was taken advantage of, that he was preyed upon, that the human psychie IS that fragile, that when people care less about you than what they believe they are able to impart unbelievable trauma that the victims will accept as true because they have lost themselves. I'd invite you to look at everything. Because you are not doing that now.

You don't understand the situation. The demon was trying to keep me from speaking "Jesus is Lord". It came out immediately as soon as I spoke those words. It was clutching at me for hours trying to get back in.

Revelation is a book of prophecy of the end times. Walkingwithfire, try reading the book of Daniel, it goes hand in hand w/Revelation. :D

most scholars agree parts of Daniel are post dated........... so no one should put alot of stock in it.

just like josephus ..... inserts added later to make it appear to agree.

Edited by Lt_Ripley

James Kelhoffer, an assistant professor of theological studies at Saint Louis University:

"Many people who have interpreted the rich symbolism and mythology of [Revelation] have read into it to reflect on a world cataclysm within their lifetime. It greatly misunderstands ancient Jewish and Christian prophets who always talk about apocalypses within their own time, not several centuries hence.

You don't understand the situation. The demon was trying to keep me from speaking "Jesus is Lord". It came out immediately as soon as I spoke those words. It was clutching at me for hours trying to get back in.

Actually, I now understand more than you know and are a lot more sympathetic. I'm not trying to be an a$$hole now. I ask you, tonight before you go to bed or whenever, when it's quiet and your alone, calm youself and sit quietly. Try this for awhile. Not sitting quietly in the way you might normally do. Ask for nothing and expect nothing. I mean quiet yourself and let all your thoughts and feelings come through and watch them pass while not holding on to them. Breathe and watch them. Don't be them, as hard as that may be, but watch them. When something wells up that is intolerable, and it will, you'll sweat bullets, just let it pass then and, most importantly, follow the trail it left. That trail is the most important. You can't forge a way down it though. It has to come the same way you found it. By watching, not pushing or wishing. You'll find places you hate because after a while you'll be looking at yourself honestly. Your flaws, you fears, everything you share with everyone trodding around on this planet. This takes all the other variables out. It has nothing to do with what you believe or don't believe. Don't ask questions and expect answers. Don't wish for anything. You will do all of the above and that is no problem. Just watch as best you can without trying and don't fight when you try because that is trying. All I can say is watch what goes by and you will learn where it's coming from. After a while you'll find everyone has demons and they take a lot of forms. Some more distinct than others. You might find yours.

James Kelhoffer, an assistant professor of theological studies at Saint Louis University:

"Many people who have interpreted the rich symbolism and mythology of [Revelation] have read into it to reflect on a world cataclysm within their lifetime. It greatly misunderstands ancient Jewish and Christian prophets who always talk about apocalypses within their own time, not several centuries hence.

You don't necessarily understand scriptures simply by reading. Some things are discerned spiritually.

You don't necessarily understand scriptures simply by reading. Some things are discerned spiritually.

You do understand, then, that the OT is not a Christian text. It was not written by Christians, about Christians or for Christians so you, assuming you are spiritually a Christian, are unlikely to understand it's meaning.

Actually, I now understand more than you know and are a lot more sympathetic. I'm not trying to be an a$$hole now. I ask you, tonight before you go to bed or whenever, when it's quiet and your alone, calm youself and sit quietly. Try this for awhile. Not sitting quietly in the way you might normally do. Ask for nothing and expect nothing. I mean quiet yourself and let all your thoughts and feelings come through and watch them pass while not holding on to them. Breathe and watch them. Don't be them, as hard as that may be, but watch them. When something wells up that is intolerable, and it will, you'll sweat bullets, just let it pass then and, most importantly, follow the trail it left. That trail is the most important. You can't forge a way down it though. It has to come the same way you found it. By watching, not pushing or wishing. You'll find places you hate because after a while you'll be looking at yourself honestly. Your flaws, you fears, everything you share with everyone trodding around on this planet. This takes all the other variables out. It has nothing to do with what you believe or don't believe. Don't ask questions and expect answers. Don't wish for anything. You will do all of the above and that is no problem. Just watch as best you can without trying and don't fight when you try because that is trying. All I can say is watch what goes by and you will learn where it's coming from. After a while you'll find everyone has demons and they take a lot of forms. Some more distinct than others. You might find yours.

Thanks. I don't think you're understanding though and if you weren't there you're not really in a position to understand what happened.

I know what it's like to have a demon come out of me and I've had witnesses to my experience. The demon came out of me when I spoke the words "Jesus is Lord" on May 1st, 2007. However, there are better things to talk about than demons.

Edited by WalkingWithFire

You do understand, then, that the OT is not a Christian text. It was not written by Christians, about Christians or for Christians so you, assuming you are spiritually a Christian, are unlikely to understand it's meaning.

The scripture was given spiritually by the same God both OT and NT and it's discerned by the same God. I don't have much trouble discerning OT or NT scripture. There are times however when God leads me to discern other scriptures rather than the ones I want to discern. Like lately He has been telling me to stay away from Revelation for now.