Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Worst nightmares you've ever had?

gary5023

I am always getting dreams in which im being shot, it feels like a really hard punch and then I feel blood gush out, but they are really vivid, weird huh?

Edited by jakersHD

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OldTimeRadio

• Pelican_Eel

• Blackfoot

• TheOmni

Well If I may talk about dreams I would say that dreams are more then just dreams, dreams have a particular significance each dream represents something depending on your state of mind or how you think. Think about it have you ever had a dream you couldn't explain because you didn't know what it was, there's more meaning to it that cant be explained but in the past dreams ive had somehow I manage to control them if I would want to move a certain part of the my body I would just like in real life and if I wanted to have a special power I would have it. It's like I wasn't really asleep but who knows I suggest trying to control your actions whenever you have a dream because remember it's your mind and the possibilities are endless.

I either don't dream, or else i can't recall them at all afterwards. And also can't recall anything from the day that happened within 3 hours from my awaking

Last month I had this weird bad dream 2 nights in a row. It started out that the Black Death Plague was an epidemic again. The infected rats were everywhere in town. Me and my 3 kids (they were little kids in the dream), were living in a house that I've never seen before. I went into one of their bedrooms and noticed that the aggressive rats were chewing their way through the wall, so I boarded it up. Then we all got sick with the plague but we recovered from it. Then my one kids walks out of his room carrying a box full of infected black rats. Then I woke up. Having this dream 2 nights in a row was really freaky, it still bothers me.

The worst nightmare I've ever had was about a year ago. It was night and I was in a convertible with some guy on top of a hill that was surrounded by trees. Then all of a sudden this pale, disgusting woman(I think she was a ghost) with long dark hair and a nightgown on comes flying out from atop the trees and starts laughing. I looked up abut then my body became paralyzed so I couldn't escape. Then the woman came flying down, laughing and screaming, right into my face and started eating it.

Archer, do not be scared my friend to me that dream you had is a sign of your will to survive and your courage. Living in a house you never seen before may indicate that you want to live in a better house but your scared of change.

Thank you "TheOmni", I appreciate your help deciphering that dream I had.

I dont have nightmares very often. And even when I do I usually go with it or fight back in some way. Two that come to mind though..

A few years ago now I had a dream that I had a nest of spiders hatch inside my ear. They were little tiny white spiders and they were crawling out and onto my face and stuff. Even then I wasnt too scared because I was happy that they were crawling out at least and not in. I didnt know I was dreaming at all but I kept pretty calm considering.

I also had a lucid nightmare the other night which was one of those 'old hag' style experiences. I'll keep it short but basically I was punched quite hard in the shoulder when I was sleeping and it woke me up(false awakening I think), but I couldnt move or anything. And I was scared because I couldnt move and I could feel a sense of evil and see a shadow in the corner of the room. But I just ended up abusing it and telling it that it was a.. wimp(not the words I used exactly because I wont swear here).. but I just yelled at it and said why dont you try that when I can move.

So even then I wasnt that scared.. just annoyed that it had the nerve to hit me when I was sleeping. It then turned into a funny donkey with a goats tail, and it was staring at me. And because I went lucid(I was right on the edge of sleep/awake), I turned my hands into double revolvers and started to shoot at it and it moved away. Because by that stage I could only move my arms. So it was like an old hag dream but I couldnt wake up from it and I knew I had to wait until sunrise. So I just yelled at it and tried to fight it, and I'm glad I gave it a piece of my mind.

Can someone explain this dream?

This is one of the earliest nightmares I remember having, I was about 9. Here's some info you should know first, most of my dreams have a hazy feeling to them, hat if presented to me in a conscious state would seem unrealistic, but in my dreams i accept them as reality. All the people in my dreams are variations of real people but are rpesented as the exact same person. i don't understand it, hopefully other people dream like this.

I'm in my childhood room, it's night, and everything seem smaller in this dream. Anyway, these weird demons [they are like something from Ghost busters, they are black and only have beady white eyes, no face or limbs and they floated around] chase me around my room, everything is muted and suddenly I'm one of them, floating around, but they're still chasing me. I float under my and look directly up at the boards underneath but the boards and the ebd turns into the demons and yeah...

It's the only dream i've ever had that's creeped me out consistingly since I was nine, I was in a state of shhock for a few hours after i woke up.

Once had a nightmare where I killed all my friends, painted myself with their blood and then laughed gloriously. Im not a phhysco, so dont be scared of me lol, but that was a freaky dream.

After the virginia tech massacre I became scared that I may be the vicim of a similar shooting. I dreamt that (In first person veiw) I was being shot at, then I hid with some people, a few of them got shot, then I went to the library and hid under tables but after a while I tried to ge out a window when I saw the shooter emerge and fire at me. I escaped and ran home in hysterics. The scariest dream I ever had.

Goatness, as for you I believe that dream meant you were a little child scared of other people and you only wanted to fit in with them but somehow you were different and peer pressure affected you in some way.

Undeadskeptic I believe your dream meant simple fear due to the Virginia Tech massacre. I to was scared when I heard of the columbine massacre but I didn't let it get to me do not fear fear because fear leads to nothing good and when humans tend to panic they do horrendous things. Also do not be scared of death because remember we all have to go through death and it is an inevitable, natural thing. Just make sure you have someone to look up to, that person will give you hope. I believe in god and god only because he gives me something to believe in don't lose hope in what you care for and things will be good. :)

:tu: Hi I'm fairly new here but I love talking about dreams because mine are always so weird and I dream such a lot, sometimes several in one night. The ones which seem too real are the scariest to me. At a time when I was going through a bad virus and was pretty run down I was dreaming that I got the bus to work as usual. I live in Gateshead which is south of the Tyne and I fell asleep on the bus and ended up in Newcastle and I could see the river and it was quite rough and choppy. I needed to get back to Gateshead where I'd missed my stop and I was told that I could get a bus back if I just explained what had happened to the driver but to get to the bus back I had to go through a subway tunnel. When I was in there two huge men jumped out on me and held a knife to my throat and said 'We know this is only a dream but we'll get you for real tomorrow'. I know it's silly but I was really scared that day thinking something might happen. It didn't! :D

Ive had nightmares that have scared me when I was little, not too many now though. Most of these, Id wake up, fall asleep, and it would be the same exact dream.

1. Im at this amusement park, almost like Disney World in Orlando. I went on the Tower of Terror. Id go up, and Id go through some water thing on the way down. It felt like I drowned.

2. I was at my Grandma's house and I was staring at this picture of this older-man playing with a little girl. Then, the man would look at me with an evil grin and Id try to scream, but I couldnt.

3.I was in some weird trailer, Ive never been in one before. I opened the door, and it was darkish. Out of nowhere, zombies flooded everywhere. I tried to run, to discover more zombies, all bleeding in a forest.

I saw this like floating squiggly animated ball that changed color in front of my field of vision and couldn't make it go away.

That's the third or fourth case of almost exactly the same thing I've encountered over the years. The first came from 35 or 40 years ago from a woman I was then dating. There seems to be a connection to Sleep Paralysis.

I'm not sure if I would call those types of dreams nightmares or scary cause I dont get scare or find them horrible....

But of course a dream that one person might not find scary will likely be scary as blazes to another.

For example, a nightmare I had exactly 35 years ago and which I have published several places online under the title "Demon-Bishop." It's a rare week when I don't think of that horror at least once or twice.

Yet whenever I've published it somebody's sure to come back with: "That dream's not scary at all!"

To which I reply: "Maybe you had to have been there. And for your sake I'm personally happy that you were not."

Edited by OldTimeRadio

Right after my mother died..I woke up from sleep-- looked to my right toward my hallway and seen my mother floating about a two foot off the floor coming down that hallway.. I immediately thought to myself, "gosh, she don't know she's dead!" she was dressed in her favorite green night gown.. she floated to the kitchen sink and began to wash dishes (i know thats bizarre, but) her color was pale greenish, her eyes were black holes.. i got out of the bed to got to her, and I was extremely terrified of her like I never have.. I walked up to her and asked her very humble like out of fear "Are you ok, momma?" and she quickly turned her head around to look at me-- and snapped at me with a lot of hate-.. "YES, IM OKAYY!!" The look she gave me, the black holes of her eyes, it rattled my cage.

I turned around and went and got back in the bed..

I've had worse nightmares.. but this one got to me.

Old Time Radio: I believe I have read your dream. If so, then it is a corker.

Would you consider reposting it here, so that it would be in play for discussion? If so, it'd be worth a thread of its own, because if it is the dream I am thinking of, then it is discussable why it is not scary to others, among other things.

But this thread is fine, too. Please consider it.

(Sorry to reach over you, Shankpin. Your dream is powerful, my condolences on the loss of your mother.)

she floated to the kitchen sink....

The two most common locations for hauntings are supposed to be the kitchen and the bathroom, due to all the plumbing connections. If ghosts are electro-magnetic in nature they seem to be drawn to the natural grounding points.

Old Time Radio: I believe I have read your dream. If so, then it is a corker.

Would you consider reposting it here, so that it would be in play for discussion? If so, it'd be worth a thread of its own, because if it is the dream I am thinking of, then it is discussable why it is not scary to others, among other things.

Of course I will. Just give me a few days to get my thoughts/memories in order.

1. I had a dream where a small troll doll(smaller than a hand) was chasing me with a knife in its hand ( 5 times its size, how, I have no clue :unsure: ) It was weird though because In the dream I thought it was Chucky ( I dont know why) It was like light brown and it had crazy green hair. It chased me around my room and into the kitchen. My mom saw us and told us we should get along. I woke up and was scared to death for some reason. :(

2. I was like on this glass building or whatever like a spy and I was looking inside the building and there were like doctors and patients but no walls. I saw my little brother and my mom and a doctor. The doctor was getting ready to cut my little brothers leg off but then I swooped in out of no where and asked what the hell they were doing. I woke up and was really scared.

3. I was in this deep deep swimming pool and I went under the water and started to drown and it felt so real because I could feel myself running out of air. I couldnt breathe and when I woke up I was gasping for air. I had this dream quite a few times. It always scares me. Sometimes I think that one day Ill have this dream again and never wake up because of suffocating. :no::cry:

Not really a nightmare, but a really weird one:

Not long ago I had a dream that some ghost was coming to haunt me, but when it got to me somehow I managed to get in control of it (like I possessed the ghost or something O_o). I had great fun floating round peoples houses all night, I think I stuck a knife in someone's wall at one point because I thought it would be funny in the morning :P

Then some guy popped up and started giving me a lecture on how it was bad and showed me pictures of the last person to do it and how they ended up etc. I got bored and woke up.

Edited by SomeguyUK

Eating a dead decomposing cat. Off the scale on the GAK meter.

We have a winner!

I don't ever have nightmares, I just have sort of Lynchian dreams where completely normal situations bring up utter panic in me. The last one I was sitting on a black pedestal with a book and just started freaking out because someone had blacked all the writing out. My fella had to shake me awake cause apparently my breathing had gone completely hyper and I was struggling around.

When I was little I dreamt about pulling my teeth out, really vivid dreams. I could feel the root coming out and everything. On one occasion I pulled them all out and found a second set of teeth behind them. Like a shark.

Something to do with money apparently.

Edited by Emma_Acid_88