Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Thoughts on the human mind..

Aries1982

Here we debate so many things... each one interested in one or another topic or post... no one going to think how they look lean or fat, beauty or ugly... what they see is how beauty his their vision...

Real beauty comes from their vision.. there no importance for physical values.. need mind exercise... not body exercise

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aries1982

• vikstar

• Showgirl

• =Jak=

I didn't want to reply any more on this thread but people dosen't seem to care.

is this a freudian slip or what ? u make it very difficult to believe u dont condone this sort of behaviour when u slip up like that.

Showgirl, lets get this straight for once and all. If I am in bed with some girl who I don't find attractive, my **** won't even stand up. Then wats the use. Is it not unfair on the girl as well.

My mate just recently got so desperate that he slept with a girl whichever would sleep with him. Do I need to say anythng more what happened. You can imagine yourself.

Bottomline = good looks = matters = more mates = more happier than the not good looks.

Yes i'll agree that more mony = can be not happy but in the end one thing we all desire and we all try to do is = have sex and reproduce.

No good looks = no mates = no reproduction = not happy.

In the hindsight I think Muslim relegion ( now I am NOT muslim and never will b is right when it discourages holding hands and kissing on streets and outside. Other less attractive boys and girls atleast don't feel jealousy and unfairness looking at "lucky ones" doing the sh**.

We can all harp on that happiness comes from inside and stuff but I have seen enough cases where desperately ugly people don't think so.

Yes I believe in reincarnation, after life etc, infact unfairness in this world only proves to me that there must be something after life to even out things.

Also ugliness could be anything not just looks, like small height, or anything that prevents the opposite sex falling in love with you.

Edited by vikstar

i really dont know why i waste my breath sometimes. some ppl just dont care what sort of impression they make...

I didn't want to reply any more on this thread but people dosen't seem to care.

Showgirl, lets get this straight for once and all. If I am in bed with some girl who I don't find attractive, my **** won't even stand up. Then wats the use. Is it not unfair on the girl as well.

My mate just recently got so desperate that he slept with a girl whichever would sleep with him. Do I need to say anythng more what happened. You can imagine yourself.

Bottomline = good looks = matters = more mates = more happier than the not good looks.

Yes i'll agree that more mony = can be not happy but in the end one thing we all desire and we all try to do is = have sex and reproduce.

No good looks = no mates = no reproduction = not happy.

In the hindsight I think Muslim relegion ( now I am NOT muslim and never will b is right when it discourages holding hands and kissing on streets and outside. Other less attractive boys and girls atleast don't feel jealousy and unfairness looking at "lucky ones" doing the sh**.

We can all harp on that happiness comes from inside and stuff but I have seen enough cases where desperately ugly people don't think so.

Yes I believe in reincarnation, after life etc, infact unfairness in this world only proves to me that there must be something after life to even out things.

Also ugliness could be anything not just looks, like small height, or anything that prevents the opposite sex falling in love with you.

so, let me ask u when u said this :

Here an example, I am indian and in India, boys prefer fair girls (light indian girls). Its so crazy over there that there are so many bleaching creams which harm your skin and gives you cancers and sh** but still most "brown" girls use them just so they can get a boyfriend. A fair girl over there would usually have atleast 5 or 6 boys wanting to make her girlfriend but not for the darker girls. These boys would also spend huge amount of money pleasing their "fair" girlfriends, taking on expensive dates and stuff. And it is not same for darker girls and its not fair on them and they suffer inside. Is it their fault they are bit more browner than to the girl next to her: NO.

I have seen many darker girls go desperate cuz of this.

I don't like the above and infact i condemn it, but thats the way it is and thats why I came here to post.

..you were lying !!! I see now...

vikstyr, i find it offensive that u would go to bed with 'some girl who I don't find attractive' that is just the sort of behaviour that perpetuates the nasty and bigoted regime that u pretend to dislike. the fact that ur 'mate' got so desparate that he slept with a girl 'whichever would sleep with him' is more of a reflection on the pity shown by the girl than the taste of ur 'mate'. i would hope that she shows less pity in future.

i have a wonderful boyfriend. he thinks nothing more of hugging and kissing me in public. i'm not as fantastic looking as Kylie Minogue, who incidentally is only 5 foot andafagpaper tall , but she has far more fans and lovers that u could ever dream of. Eoin loves to hold and kiss me in the street or the park, in uni and at home and that dont discourage other ppl here from doing the same thing.

rather that than hide it.

Min

i really dont know why i waste my breath sometimes. some ppl just dont care what sort of impression they make...

so, let me ask u when u said this :

..you were lying !!! I see now...

vikstyr, i find it offensive that u would go to bed with 'some girl who I don't find attractive' that is just the sort of behaviour that perpetuates the nasty and bigoted regime that u pretend to dislike. the fact that ur 'mate' got so desparate that he slept with a girl 'whichever would sleep with him' is more of a reflection on the pity shown by the girl than the taste of ur 'mate'. i would hope that she shows less pity in future.

i have a wonderful boyfriend. he thinks nothing more of hugging and kissing me in public. i'm not as fantastic looking as Kylie Minogue, who incidentally is only 5 foot andafagpaper tall , but she has far more fans and lovers that u could ever dream of. Eoin loves to hold and kiss me in the street or the park, in uni and at home and that dont discourage other ppl here from doing the same thing.

rather that than hide it.

Min

Regime!!! "Pity shown by the girl" Now I know that you are a fundamentalist FEMINIST. They were just 2 desperate ppl who didn't had a choice, nobody would wana go with the/sleep with them etc.

Also its not that we have a choice, especially us boys in who we like, we go on looks, i admit, but its not that we can do anything about. I only wish we could do something about it.

" Kylie Minogue, who incidentally is only 5 foot andafagpaper tall "

5 foot is actually pretty good height for women, most would agree. Average height for women in this world is I think 5 2.

Give some example of 5 feet men having numerous lovers or 4.5 feet women having numerous lovers.

Regime!!! "Pity shown by the girl" Now I know that you are a fundamentalist FEMINIST. They were just 2 desperate ppl who didn't had a choice, nobody would wana go with the/sleep with them etc.

Also its not that we have a choice, especially us boys in who we like, we go on looks, i admit, but its not that we can do anything about. I only wish we could do something about it.

" Kylie Minogue, who incidentally is only 5 foot andafagpaper tall "

5 foot is actually pretty good height for women, most would agree. Average height for women in this world is I think 5 2.

Give some example of 5 feet men having numerous lovers or 4.5 feet women having numerous lovers.

the issue is not whether i'm a feminist or not, i just dont like hypocrisy. the crux of my argument in this discussion is that u made ur play in this thread by talking about how 'not so pretty' girls are ignored by society in general and young males in particular, then went on to say how awful it was....... next breath, ur saying how u'll sleep with any girl who is desparate !!

i think you should examine ur place in ur social circle a bit more closely. every girl has a choice to sleep with someone or not. maybe the girls were dogfighting. ever think of that ?

I only wish we could do something about it.

you can, its just that u have to want to.

Min

• 1 month later...
How about the rest of the members here, What are your thoughts on the mind? Do you accept the mind at face value, as just a library of stored information of our lives.. Or do you believe it to be something more? .

I too believe there is much more to the human mind than we can comprehend. For instance, if atoms are 99.99% empty space and all matter is made of atoms, how is it that we can feel a tree? Are we really sensing the electrical field of the atoms and our mind perceives it as a tree? If that is the case, why do we see one electrical field as one object and another as something completely different? When we “see” some object, we have no physical contact with it at all, yet we have a perception of it. And that perception really has nothing to do with the physical properties of the object; the perception is of the reflected light off of it. How do we know that what our minds perceive is what we are really seeing? Magicians use slight of hand to deceive our sight perception, if it is that easy to deceive, how valid is it? Water is water; yet when the velocity at which the atoms of the water molecules vibrate changes, we perceive it differently. When we slow the velocity way down we perceive it as a solid, increase the velocity some and our perception of it is liquid, increase it more and it is perceived as a gas.

What is it about the mind that allows ‘hope’ to change our entire outlook on something when in actuality nothing about it has changed at all? I know adult people that have little or no concept of the difference between reality and fantasy; and other people who have such a tangible grasp of the concept that I am awe struck when they talk about it. Why is that? If the mind is such an ethereal thing how can unbalancing the chemicals of its physical counterpart alter its ability to perceive?

Like you said, it is easy to go down a rabbit hole when you think about all of the things you don’t understand about the mind, but take them for granted.

You made some good points but:

How many people have you seen that after winning the lottery give away all their money or even 20% to people who "really" need it even though their life is worse after winning the lottery. Believe me, I've seen many people in miserable conditions in developing countries - really miserable. Inside they still like it that they have money and they are secure. If you give "Bill Gates" a choice of living on the street, not even that, say take away 50% of his money, would he agree? Never even though he might say that his life is too tensed and too bad with all the money in.

Regarding beautiful people, ill reply to that, sorry gotta go now.

U tell them Girl

the topic was the Mind not the world

I'd like to add my own experiences into the whole 'beauty' and popularity debate, as well as show just how important the mind is in regards to them. First off, I am by no means what one would think of as fitting into the standard 'good looking' mold. I'm terribly out of shape, my complexion is horrible, i wear glasses, my teeth are a little crooked, the whole 9 yards.

During my high school years, I was shunned by most social groups, I had very few friends, and the idea of getting a girlfriend was well out of my grasp. It wasn't that I didn't try, I asked several girls out on different occasions, and unless it was a situation where the only way she would get to go to an event was to go with me, I was pretty much out of luck. This continued all the way through high school, and I was pretty well resigned to the fact that I was unattractive, and that I was always going to have problems making friends and meeting people. Overall, I was really unhappy with myself, but no matter what I tried, I couldn't change things (and i tried LOTS of things, diets, skin creams, special exercise routines, etc).

After graduation, I decided to take a year off school to work and decide what I wanted to do with my life, which turned into three years. During this time, a great friend of mine told me that in order to make people like me, I first had to like myself. It took a little while, but I eventually took what she said to heart, and started working on turning my image of myself around. By the time I was ready to go to college, I was happy with myself just as I was, and refused to let anyone else's opinion make a difference in what I thought. Basically, I was how I was, and I was happy with it.

Within the first few months of being in college, I had a huge group of friends, I was well liked by everyone in my dorm building, I had a girlfriend, and knew about several other girls who were interested in me. It completely amazed me, the only thing that I had changed was my mind, but suddenly the whole world was reacting, and everything was different. This continued throughout college, and still much that way today, and all because rather than take the 'standard' view towards the way I look, (and also to my interests, I'm a big nerd at heart, math & video games are my favorite hobbies :D ), I made my own view.

make us laugh but not at u. be confident but not cocky. remember the important things for us as well as u. trust and be trusted. thats all there is to it !! :D

Min xx

Great post, and good for you. I'm glad you get the big picture, that happiness stems from within.

I'd like to add my own experiences into the whole 'beauty' and popularity debate, as well as show just how important the mind is in regards to them. First off, I am by no means what one would think of as fitting into the standard 'good looking' mold. I'm terribly out of shape, my complexion is horrible, i wear glasses, my teeth are a little crooked, the whole 9 yards.

During my high school years, I was shunned by most social groups, I had very few friends, and the idea of getting a girlfriend was well out of my grasp. It wasn't that I didn't try, I asked several girls out on different occasions, and unless it was a situation where the only way she would get to go to an event was to go with me, I was pretty much out of luck. This continued all the way through high school, and I was pretty well resigned to the fact that I was unattractive, and that I was always going to have problems making friends and meeting people. Overall, I was really unhappy with myself, but no matter what I tried, I couldn't change things (and i tried LOTS of things, diets, skin creams, special exercise routines, etc).

After graduation, I decided to take a year off school to work and decide what I wanted to do with my life, which turned into three years. During this time, a great friend of mine told me that in order to make people like me, I first had to like myself. It took a little while, but I eventually took what she said to heart, and started working on turning my image of myself around. By the time I was ready to go to college, I was happy with myself just as I was, and refused to let anyone else's opinion make a difference in what I thought. Basically, I was how I was, and I was happy with it.

Within the first few months of being in college, I had a huge group of friends, I was well liked by everyone in my dorm building, I had a girlfriend, and knew about several other girls who were interested in me. It completely amazed me, the only thing that I had changed was my mind, but suddenly the whole world was reacting, and everything was different. This continued throughout college, and still much that way today, and all because rather than take the 'standard' view towards the way I look, (and also to my interests, I'm a big nerd at heart, math & video games are my favorite hobbies :D ), I made my own view.