Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

american soldier throw puppy over cliff

chemical-licker

Who cares? It was already dead

A soldier killed a dead dog.

^^

Wtf lul?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Papaver

• grither

• louie

• *Quinn*

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Who cares? It was already dead

A soldier killed a dead dog.

^^

Wtf lul?

WE DO!

It's still a living creature!!

It's like throwing a living child off a cliff.

We really don't know if it was still alive or dead!

WE DO!

It's still a living creature!!

It's like throwing a living child off a cliff.

We really don't know if it was still alive or dead!

Uh, from looking at the video I'm pretty sure it was dead.

Throwing a dead animal off a cliff isn't like throwing a living child off a cliff. If you think it's the same thing you need to be medicated ;)

He obviously did it for the lulz.

Uh, from looking at the video I'm pretty sure it was dead.

Throwing a dead animal off a cliff isn't like throwing a living child off a cliff. If you think it's the same thing you need to be medicated ;)

He obviously did it for the lulz.

So it's okay to throw a dead animal off a cliff?

<_<

You need to be medicated.

No rly?!

So it's okay to throw a dead animal off a cliff?

<_<

You need to be medicated.

No rly?!

Well, it's more socially acceptable to throw dead animals off cliffs than live ones I'd think.

Maybe it's a new form of stress relief. Dead puppy chucking.

Well, it's more socially acceptable to throw dead animals off cliffs than live ones I'd think.

Maybe it's a new form of stress relief. Dead puppy chucking.

This is the first time this has been heard. Have you heard other stories? Care to share with us?

There's other ways to relief stress.

Hate to say it, but it looks and sounds pretty real to me. It'd be hard for the guy to make that yelping noise like that as he's swinging his arm around to toss the puppy.

Makes no sense to me why people would defend those actions. If it doesn't affect you for whatever reason that's one thing, but to act as if its a reasonable thing to do is another.

Poor puppy.

[who care one more or less dog in this planet. In Iraq people kill them because the culture hate dogs. I think we have to stop judging this guy, he is problably in a lot of stress and I know they don't allow dog in the base and problably he was ordered to do it anyways. Forget about dogs. I hope the soldier is doing well after this.

No doubt about being stressed......what if it had been a human child he tossed?

Being stressed on not does not give him an excuse to do this kind of behavior.

EDIT: I wonder what the puppy did to justify getting tossed like that.

Edited by zandore

("well it was clearly fake, which shows a lack of class by all of those soldiers. however, another aspect that really gets me about this....is if we're just gonna have our soldiers over there making stupid ass Youtube videos of them screwing around, then it's clearly time for ALL of them to come home BECAUSE THEY'RE DOING NOTHING. My tax dollars already pay for them to be there, which is becoming increasingly pointless. So if they're just over there to act like a bunch of asses with one another, quit wasting my tax dollars and come back home and be cruel to animals where we can throw your ass in jail for it, Mike Vick style.

cruelty to animals is disgusting. these idiots should have known better. if i ever saw the guy who threw the dead puppy off the cliff...i'd walk up to him, stick my hand out to shake his hand like i was congratulating him for his service.....then ball it up in a fist and punch that punk ass right in the mouth till he swallowed some teeth. people are sick. ")

i agree with you drop :tsu:

It was a horrible thing to do but most of you folks who are disgusted with this act of killing have somebody else kill things for you several times a week to fill your bellies and mostly just because you like the taste of them too.

I haven't eaten meat for nearly twenty years now and here's why - Whenever I've been hungry there has always, without exception, been something that I could eat that was perfectly good that didn't have to have its brains blown out, throat cut, or be electrocuted to fill my stomach.

Those of you that live in the developed world where non-animal food is always available to sustain you need to think about your hypocracy when you feel so upset at the death of a dog.

He did a bad and unnecessary thing but so do the vast majority of you. You pay to have things killed because you like the flavour, not because you need to.

It was a horrible thing to do but most of you folks who are disgusted with this act of killing have somebody else kill things for you several times a week to fill your bellies and mostly just because you like the taste of them too.

I haven't eaten meat for nearly twenty years now and here's why - Whenever I've been hungry there has always, without exception, been something that I could eat that was perfectly good that didn't have to have its brains blown out, throat cut, or be electrocuted to fill my stomach.

Those of you that live in the developed world where non-animal food is always available to sustain you need to think about your hypocracy when you feel so upset at the death of a dog.

He did a bad and unnecessary thing but so do the vast majority of you. You pay to have things killed because you like the flavour, not because you need to.

What you say is very true. I haven't eaten meat in a year I'm only 19 so around 18 I went vegetarian. People don't need meat they want it. Still this soldier should die for what he did.

He should die for that?

He should be punished for animal cruelty and unnecessary suffering but to say that he sould die for that is for you to lack any kind of perspective whatsoever. I was going to congratulate you on your turning vegetarian but then you kind of spoiled it with that ludicrous comment.

I disagree with what you say. I would feel just as much sympathy for a mouse as a chimp. A life is a life and all lifeforms are equal. Maybe other humans are so selfish to not feel for something because the creature is too different than us but not me. I respect and care for all life.

Cimber was basically saying that this universal equality of life should apply to humans as well. People who say he deserves to die for what he did to the puppy are just as bad as him, basically. Their logic is flawed and their emotional circuits are on overdrive.

Sure, what this soldier did was really sick - you know, respect for life/respect for the dead. Kill him though? Woah, makes you just as messed or worse really.

So, shed a tear for a killed dog and a killed man. We humans are not apart from the rest of the animal world.

People honestly need to think about what they type out sometimes and just, like, put down the pitch forks and torches and shed their Inquisition grand torturer robes ...

It really looked already dead to me.

If it turns out that it was already dead, how would this be any different to somebody throwing a steak or a hunk of ham around? As a vegetarian for most of my life I see no difference between a dead dog and a piece of dead cow and there is no difference in reality. The only difference is that people are willing to eat a dead cow and not a dead dog. Even then in some parts of the world dog is popular food.

Killing an animal for absolutely no reason, and killing one as a source of food are not comparable. Not in the least. If you don't like the way the animals are slaughtered I may happen to agree with you, but please don't try and tell me killing animals to eat is something that is morally wrong.

Edited by Left Field

It really looked already dead to me.

If it turns out that it was already dead, how would this be any different to somebody throwing a steak or a hunk of ham around?

Well, that'd be like saying whats wrong with shooting a dead human, or slicing them up, or doing any other number of things that would be particularly cruel to someone that is still living. Their already dead after all, so what's the big deal, right? :hmm:

"Killing an animal for absolutely no reason, and killing one as a source of food are not comparable. Not in the least. If you don't like the way the animals are slaughtered I may happen to agree with you, but please don't try and tell me killing animals to eat is something that is morally wrong."

I believe it is morally wrong as in our society there are many perfectly good alternatives. As I stated a few posts back, I have never been in a situation where I had no alternative but to have something killed to fill my stomach. I am a very healthy person and I have not eaten meat for nearly two decades.

Eating meat in the developed world is done out of enjoyment of flavour, not for the purposes of negating starvation.

Edited by Papaver

Well, that'd be like saying whats wrong with shooting a dead human, or slicing them up, or doing any other number of things that would be particularly cruel to someone that is still living. Their already dead after all, so what's the big deal, right? :hmm:

The point is I do think it's a bad thing to abuse dead meat, human or otherwise. The point that I'm trying to illustrate is that what he did was not nice but people are calling for this guy to be battered or thrown off a cliff and a few have even suggested he deserves to die. This is madness!

The point is I do think it's a bad thing to abuse dead meat, human or otherwise. The point that I'm trying to illustrate is that what he did was not nice but people are calling for this guy to be battered or thrown off a cliff and a few have even suggested he deserves to die. This is madness!

Well, that I can agree with you on.

Your views on eating meat however are no different in my opinion from those that feel since they believe in one religion everyone else should also. I'm not about to argue with a vegitarian about it however as it seems many of them aren't willing to view the subject with an open mind and would rather stick to driving their point of view home with no thought of having a midground on the subject.

Edited by Left Field

Left Field, I need to get something straight here. I am not and never have been a militant vegetarian and I'm not in the business of trying to push my morals on anybody else and that includes you. I live by my morals and you live by yours. Your eating meat harms me in no way whatsoever and I'm sure you sleep just fine after a steak. There's no argument here. In fact to push my beliefs on others really does go against my morals. I'm a libertarian and an individualist.

If you don't harm me, and of course you do not, I'm not worried about what you do. I was giving my viewpoint and you disagree with it but I'm not asking you to change. If you are happy with yourself I'm happy for you and I mean that.

I agree, which was the point I was trying to make.

No doubt what he did was wrong, but no one here could honestly say they have never in some way supported or did an act similar to this.

Ever squash a bug? Ever eat meat? Ever sleep in a bed? Ever drive a car? Are you living?

Then you have killed another organism or supported the killing of another organism. There is no difference between what the soldier did and what you did, just the in way it occurred.

Its utter nonsense to bash someone and call for his demise when you have done something similar in your life to other organisms.

Edited by Cimber

Left Field, I need to get something straight here. I am not and never have been a militant vegetarian and I'm not in the business of trying to push my morals on anybody else and that includes you. I live by my morals and you live by yours. Your eating meat harms me in no way whatsoever and I'm sure you sleep just fine after a steak. There's no argument here. In fact to push my beliefs on others really does go against my morals. I'm a libertarian and an individualist.

If you don't harm me, and of course you do not, I'm not worried about what you do. I was giving my viewpoint and you disagree with it but I'm not asking you to change. If you are happy with yourself I'm happy for you and I mean that.

Fair enough. I meant no harm by my comments towards you either. I guess it's just a point of view, that while I understand where it comes from, I can't grasp the idea of firmly believing in it. At the same time however I can respect your views. Probably an issue however better off not being debated between the two of us. ;)

There is no difference between what the soldier did and what you did, just the in way it occurred.

But the way something occurs is a difference. If it was as simple as what you say then there would be zero difference between an accidental homicide and blowing someones head off at point blank range.

But the way something occurs is a difference. If it was as simple as what you say then there would be zero difference between an accidental homicide and blowing someones head off at point blank range.

There is no one on this forum who can honestly say that throwing a cricket off a cliff and a dog off a cliff would evoke the same emotional response in you. Its basis is centered squarely on a genetic foundation.

I can say with confidence that every person has squashed a bug and watched the interstitial fluid splash all over the place, at some point in their lives. That is no different than throwing a dog off a cliff. The difference lies in the organism, which in turn causes a change in emotional response due to the dog being closer to our own species than the cricket.

Therefore its a farce to sit here and bash the soldier for throwing the dog off the cliff.

Edited by Cimber