Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
chemical-licker

american soldier throw puppy over cliff

116 posts in this topic

nosaM

We've got americans losing their lives in iraq and the surrounding country's and everyone is going apesh** over a puppy...

Edited by nosaM

Princess Serenity

Whether the puppy was alive or dead. It was still wrong!

As for the family, I feel bad for them. They didn't do anything that caused their son/soldier throw that puppy off the cliff. They shouldn't be getting these death threats.

So lets hope that he/they get what they deserve.

Dewlanna

http://davidmotari.net/

Nothing can bring the pup back, but I really hope the guy gets the justice he deserves...

Edited by Dewlanna

The Skeptic Eric Raven

http://getactive.peta.org/campaign/puppy_thrown

Here is a link to sign a petition to spur some type of punitive action.

By the way, I don't like peta, but I like the idea of this particular petition.

Edited by Eric Raven The Skeptic

__Kratos__
We've got americans losing their lives in iraq and the surrounding country's and everyone is going apesh** over a puppy...

Well it's still pretty wrong. Luckily for the troops there that Iraqis don't value dogs very much.

edit, nvm...

Edited by __Kratos__

SilverCougar
Looks like this is the guy............

linked-image

Seattle? *smirks evilishly* Oh why hey... don't I happen to live in the Seattle area? Why yes.. yes I do. Let's see if he'd like to toss a very large angry cougar off a cliff. *sharpens her claws*

greenboy

What the bible have to do with this? Anyways now that you brought the Bible let's talk about it, the bible tells us many time beware of dogs "be aware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision" Philippians 3:2

and this is just one address

You have to understand dogs are NOT clean animals, dogs in other countries may bring a lot of diseases, even in our country, we spend millions and millions of dolllars, just vaccinating and taking care of dogs every year. The Pet industry convinced the American people years ago, about dogs are "men best friends" and this best friend comes with a dollar attached to it. I the 60's they convinced us, dogs are a good replacements for children and American bought the idea, with shows like Lassie, but dogs are nothing what the media said, and keep saying the "man's best friend", dogs give us sickness and trouble. yes is true, dogs are good animals, when they are needed to perform a job or a task ( ex. Sheep dogs, a police dog sniffing around for drugs etc.). but other than companionship in the regular American population they don't offer much, but trouble and even companionship is relative, we spend Billions of dollars every year buying food, toys and paying the Vet's bills, and other hidden expenses, let's not to forget about the amount of money spent by the SPCA trying to save dogs and cats every year, millions and millions of dogs are destroyed in this country and used as fertilizer for your roses, and potatoes, millions and millions are use in the pet Food Industry as meat enhancers for meat used to feed (believe this) dogs and cats, enhancer is used to add volume to the meat mainly in canned pet food . Other countries have problems with this too.recently in China 50,000 dogs were destroyed because an out brake of rabies. the courts in this country are full of cases were a dog is involved making the safety of our civil population poor or in jeopardy, Millions of dollar are wasted in court every year in cases involving an animal, and among those 67-77% are dogs. Hidden expenses let's give you one more example, one of my buddies had to replace a couch this week, because his dog destroyed it!!!!. A $650.00 couch with a possible life expand of years and years, a dog destroyed it in one hour. And if you ask a pet keeper all of them mainly cats and dogs keeper, have stories like this one. This guy is very possible he destroyed the puppy to avoid health problem in the base, and You know what, if we have to destroy all the dogs in Iraq to make our troups safer, to bring an American Boy or Girl back home, so be it!!!. Our men and women are priceless!! Kudos to this guy he made our guys safer over there. Bless you.

Also When you bring the Bible back to the forums please read it first... thank you.

yes ordered to kill the puppy, and he followed orders, just like following the bible i guess :wacko:
Edited by greenboy

Android_UniversalMind

i was so horrified when i seen this video. *hope they find the soldier grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

chemical-licker
You have to understand dogs are NOT clean animals, dogs in other countries may bring a lot of diseases

so do immigrant :yes:

one of my buddies had to replace a couch this week, because his dog destroyed it!!!!

what did he do throw the dog off a cliff?

I've known kids to destroy couches :yes:

So a puppy is a dangerous animal, <_< i guess its dangerous to the point that the soldiers might have to show the puppy love

Soldier " hate kill kill kill hate kill kill, yes sir yes sir, i follow orders and kill on command

Princess Serenity
Seattle? *smirks evilishly* Oh why hey... don't I happen to live in the Seattle area? Why yes.. yes I do. Let's see if he'd like to toss a very large angry cougar off a cliff. *sharpens her claws*

He's scared of "NOTHING" SilverCougar.

He might be scared of you. XD

Caayn

Speaking AS a soldier, this is completely unacceptable behavior on his part. No excuses.

theGhost_and_theDarkness

That is possibly the sickest thing I've ever heard. My best friend was a Marine. When he came back from the war he did something so disgusting I can't even relate it here. He then shot himself. It makes me wonder what we are sending these men to.

What this guy did is just sick. Babies of any sort are defenseless, regardless of its species, and they ought to all be treated with love. And greenboy, your statement disgusts me, though I understand we all have different opinions. We aren't the only ones that inhabit this planet, and our own superiority complex that makes us assume that we are better than every other creature is what creates complaints such as yours. I'm sure the soldier didn't do it to "prevent disease". People spread disease too. . .so I guess we ought to throw them off of cliffs too? As a pet owner, I can honestly say that, yes. My cats annoy me sometimes. But I wouldn't trade my animal friends for any human on earth. If having a pet was so disgusting so many of us wouldn't take pleasure in it. I'd take a torn up couch for a true friend any day. . .and if a material possession is more important than the life of an animal, then I think there are bigger issues to worry about. . .

I don't understand people that have no respect for animals and that look at them as any more than a nuisance. Of all the creatures on earth, I'd have to say that humans are the biggest nuisance of them all. When we look at ourselves from another point of view, we are nothing but parasites. We use up all our resources and destroy other life in the process. What this man did disgusts me in a way that cannot be described, even if it is fake. I think too many people are way too pig headed to understand that animals feel just like we do. They get happy, they get mad. . .they have pain. I've run into way too many people that are totally oblivious to animals feeling pain. Senselessly killing an animal is, to me, equal to senselessly killing a human.

That's enough of my rant. Excuse me if I offend anyone. I really don't mean to. . .I'm just stating my opinion. . .and I am very passionate about animal welfare. :)

Edit: Lol, silver cougar! Need another feline companion to help? :P

Edited by Sweetsalem82103

Vixxy

The idea of throwing a puppy off a cliff is just... Nauseating, really.

I personally think that video is real, and it really is sick. However, it does raise a question - Why is an issue like this given so much attention and so many people are horrified by it, when everyday hundreds (Thousands?) of innocent children and people are killed every day due to war or poverty. I know if there was a video on the subject the situation would probably be different, but even so - The thought of all those people dying isn't as prominently in our minds as is the thought of a single animal being killed in a horrific way. I know this is a pretty sweeping statement for me to make, and I don't intend it to be that way (Obviously many people care just as much for the people dying in the world, and bear it in mind admittedly probably more than I do), but still... Just some musings. XP

As a side-note, I believe this kind of animal abuse differs greatly from the meat industry - When an animal is killed for meat, it is actually being killed for use (Food, clothes, etc), whereas this puppy was just killed for pointless fun. But I may be wrong - The puppy was probably 'a terrorist'.

The Unseen

Wow,You got to remember that HE is a Marine and trained to kill humans.Dont go over there and start something you cant finnish as much as I dislike him for doing something stupid it all sounds good untill"SOMEONE LOSES AN EYE",as much as I would like to go down there myself"I HAVE BEEN HEAVELY TRAINED LIKE HE WAS"but it would be my mistake to take him lightly,dont go over there and get yourslf killed,Ithink your cool and all that and would rather you stayed here with us on this site than to hear about your untimely death from some deranged puppy killer.he tossed a puppy off a cliff,he might shoot at you.

The Unseen
Speaking AS a soldier, this is completely unacceptable behavior on his part. No excuses.

you are 100% correct my fellow American Soldier.No place of HONOR for dog killers!

Piney
Not really. Soldiers are still human. The whole "desensitized" thing is really more myth than fact. Remember, the military is just a huge segment of the population with the same frailties and humanity as the rest of the world, often put into very stressful situations and placed in the spotlight. It's been my experience that military people are the same as the rest of the population.

If that video was real, the person responsible, military or otherwise, is damaged goods. Period.

My thoughts exactly! He was a sicko before he enlisted. Military training or combat situations do not do this to a person. He should of been thrown right behind the poor dog.

Lapiche