Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dreams can tell the future

Orcseeker

Often when I am dreaming and I hear a sound in the conscious world, it fits perfectly with the dream. Its not a delay of the sound either, I was asleep when the doorbell rang and it was fitted with the dream perfectly, though I cannot remember. I woke up almost instantly to hear the echo of the doorbell. This is not the first time something like this has happened. What do you guys think?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bluelight

• TheBloom

• jesspy

• jonny b

Are you a light sleeper and have you had an experiance like this whilst awake? (Familiar noise or though at the same time).

Ive had this happen only once myself. At the time, it so happend I was expecting someone to visit, typical of my friend not to show up on time most times I had a mid day nap. I cant usually sleep in the day. Lucky to have fallen asleep quite quickly I woke to the door bell and answered it. I felt like Id been asleep for about ten mins, but found I had been sleeping for fourty mins. I assumed at the time, my sub-concious was still ticking over even in such a deep sleep. My concionse was I feel giving me and my due visitor the benefit of the dought.

I hope this makes sence.

Dreams really are very strange yet funny things. :)

You may wish to Google dream incorporation.

Yeah, the same things happened to be before. Even like the tv. There's been a couple times when the tv has been on while I'm sleeping and the words being said in the show will fit in with what's going on in my dream.

• 4 weeks later...

This thing happened to me many times before and i don't see anything interesting about it.Here's my explanation for it.Once my mother trying to wake me up and in my dream i heard her voice,then after few seconds i woke up obviosly.I mean our brain is really powerful...thing...and when something happens like doorbell rings or someone trying to wake you up,or someone turn on the music while you're sleeping your brain just generate new dream according to what happens.That's it.And i don't think you're even dreaming fully at that moment,i think is just like that condition when you're going to fall asleep but you're not sleeping yet,but you're not awake too.English is not my mother language but i think the right word is drowse or nap,i don't know really,maybe i'm talking nonsense...And i think that's what happens(sometimes) when there's loud sound around you while you're sleeping.And when you're wake up you are hearing muted echo of that sound.This happened to me many times before as i said when someone trying to wake me up,or doorbell rings,or something else.It's nothing interesting.

Edited by cygnusX

That happens to me as well. Once I was sleeping and i was dreaming I was having lunch with my uncle and some cousins, after that I hear this guitar tune playing and my uncle (in the dream) said what the hell is that?!?!

After sometime I woke up, I saw my friend sitting near me and playing his guitar! and he was playing the same tune that I heard in my dream. That was cool I guess.

I've sometimes saw things that are in my room while I'm asleep. For example the light in my room has three light bulbs on it and in my dream it looked like some kind of bug thing. Also if I leave the tv on I usually dream about the stuff that comes on while I'm asleep. Once I did predict something that happened in real life though. I fell asleep in class and I dreamed that I was watching something on the tv that was in the classroom. Well on the tv I saw part of an episode of family guy and later that night it came on. I've hardly ever dreamt about family guy and the dream looked exactly like that part of the episode. I think everyone hears stuff that is going on in real life in their dreams if it's loud enough though.

It's not paranormal. Usually your dreams go much faster than your mind remembers them. And so by the time you've dreamed something you wake up and think it fitted with the dream, when in actually fact it didn't. It's just the way your mind remembered it. Strange really.

how about dreams that have the same exact thing and scenes and conversation in as you have in the near-far future. I keep having those. and no, i sleep in the dark, no noise, tv switch off, radios, switch off.

I have days where it just so happened the whole things was like a cut and paste version of my dreams. For example, it's a normal day, and yet there's the same exact music in the same exact chorus singing, while there's the same exact scene of a movie or s tv series on the tv, saying the same exact thing (mind you, it's the shows and movies I never seen before), the same exact time on the wall clock, with the same exact aroma in the air, and the conversations are right on track along with what I was doing. and I can precise pin point what my friend or family members going to say next.

It's not the kind of things you would call a deja vu. and i doubt dream incorporation plays an act even. honestly speaking it sometimes messed me up cause i have strict feelings that I've done the same exact paperworks and yet people kept saying we haven't. :huh:

Edited by bluelight

how about dreams that have the same exact thing and scenes and conversation in as you have in the near-far future. I keep having those. and no, i sleep in the dark, no noise, tv switch off, radios, switch off.

I have days where it just so happened the whole things was like a cut and paste version of my dreams. For example, it's a normal day, and yet there's the same exact music in the same exact chorus singing, while there's the same exact scene of a movie or s tv series on the tv, saying the same exact thing (mind you, it's the shows and movies I never seen before), the same exact time on the wall clock, with the same exact aroma in the air, and the conversations are right on track along with what I was doing. and I can precise pin point what my friend or family members going to say next.

It's not the kind of things you would call a deja vu. and i doubt dream incorporation plays an act even. honestly speaking it sometimes messed me up cause i have strict feelings that I've done the same exact paperworks and yet people kept saying we haven't. :huh:

UH, do you have deja vu though?I tend to have deja vu all the time, but I also have dreams that do not seem to be important, nor is it deja vu, but even up to a year with some of them they had played out just like the dream did IRL.Not all my dreams are like this, infact most of them are just random weird dreams like anyone else would have, but on occasion I do have the same kind of dreams that seem to be real events from the future.Anyways I think what you have experienced IMO is kinda normal, nor do I think it has anything to do with incorperating stuff into your dreams.

they always have that in movies where people can hear their name being screamed out in a dream but its someone waking them up. Or they are dreaming about making out with a hot chick and wake to find their dog licking their face. I always have the radio on when i sleep i cant sleep without music but yeah i had a dream a while back dancing with a guy to a beautiful song i woke up and i hummed the song all day then later that day heard it on the radio

It's not paranormal. Usually your dreams go much faster than your mind remembers them. And so by the time you've dreamed something you wake up and think it fitted with the dream, when in actually fact it didn't. It's just the way your mind remembered it. Strange really.

Wow. Interesting. So even though the event actualy didnt incorporate itself in the dream it will be remembered that way upon awakening. I wonder why the brain does this?

yeah it happens to me sometimes also, im a pretty heavy sleeper, but for it to fit into my dream the sound has to be going continually for a short time.

so maybe the doorbell was getting belled like a few times an u woke up to it being belled again

most common things for it are alarm clocks or people talking

Edited by slashiroth

I have something similar to Bluelight's story to relate...Similar things happen to me at least once a month, but one of my friends has a far more interesting example of it than either of us.

He has said that he remembers having dreams in his childhood of being inside a building, looking out a window onto the surrounding landscape. He remembered the landscape very well, as well as the building he was in. While in college one day he happened to be looking out the window of a certain building after one of his classes, and realized he was in the exact same place as in that dream.

QUOTE (jonny b @ Mar 30 2008, 12:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
UH, do you have deja vu though?I tend to have deja vu all the time, but I also have dreams that do not seem to be important, nor is it deja vu, but even up to a year with some of them they had played out just like the dream did IRL.Not all my dreams are like this, infact most of them are just random weird dreams like anyone else would have, but on occasion I do have the same kind of dreams that seem to be real events from the future.Anyways I think what you have experienced IMO is kinda normal, nor do I think it has anything to do with incorperating stuff into your dreams.

i have deja vu sometimes. but mostly just one thing in the real life scene does that.

I have something similar to Bluelight's story to relate...Similar things happen to me at least once a month, but one of my friends has a far more interesting example of it than either of us.

He has said that he remembers having dreams in his childhood of being inside a building, looking out a window onto the surrounding landscape. He remembered the landscape very well, as well as the building he was in. While in college one day he happened to be looking out the window of a certain building after one of his classes, and realized he was in the exact same place as in that dream.

Exactly what I was talking about. What annoys me is that, I just usually throw them aside like it's nothing and then BOOM! it! The scene happens. Plus, it can be creepy if I have nightmares. lol Imagine if those actually came true. >.<