Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Does Our Brain/Environment Create God?

InnerSpace

You know, I was thinking the other night about what they do at the Wailing Wall in Jerusalem. They throw their heads back and forth and no telling what that after days of doing that. And what, do they hit their heads against the wall?

What are some causes of TLE?

good point :D

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• greggK

• InnerSpace

• Lt_Ripley

• Marietta

Awesome!! :tu: you are brilliant

:blush: Thank you Meagan, and welcome to UM. We're so glad you joined us! :clap:

What are some causes of TLE?

There are still many unknown causes for TLE or a single TL occurrence.

Alcohol abuse

Drug abuse

Strong emotion

Intense exercise

Flashing lights or loud music

Illness or high fever

Sleep Deprivation

Stress/Anxiety

Hormonal changes

Pregnancy

Missed medication

Poor nutrition

Emotional stress

Extreme fatigue

Low blood sugar

Forceps delivery

Exposure to EM fields

Head Trauma

Oxygen deprivation

Possible Temporal Lobe Symptoms/Source

Not everyone who may have TL sensitivities will exhibit all these symptoms:

Hypergraphia

Hyperreligiosity

Hallucinations

Mood changes within hours

Frequent subjective paranormal experiences

Hypersexuality

Hyposexuality

Uncontrolled, lowly precipitated, directed, non-amnesic aggressive episodes

Recurrent nightmares of stereotyped kind

Episodes of blurred vision or diplopia

Unexplained "sinking," "rising," or "gripping" often painful epigastric sensations

Flashbacks

Illusions of distance, size (micropsia, macroscopy),

Sound sensitivity

Smelling something burning, sulfur, sweet, bitter, musty, etc.

Metallic tastes

Extreme bliss and peacefulness

Extreme fear and sorrow

The illusion of timelessness

Staring Spells

Lost Consciousness

Pain in your stomach or upper abdomen not related to eating/hunger

See questionnaire for more symptoms.

TLE Questionnaire

3 Minute Video

Note: Please see your physician if you suspect you may have TLE.

Edited by Inner Space

There are two types of partial seizures: Complex and Simple

Part One - 7 minute video

Part Two - 10 minute video

This young man has a severe form of TLE. Pay close attention in part 2, at around the 4 minute mark, in reference to what he says about ethnic cleansing, after having a seizure.

Edited by Inner Space

That is excellent! How it happens that the right thing comes along at just the right time amazes me and it just cause the brain to start firing and all that you know on the subject of the brain starts firing up and you remember everything. Or I could say everything that I remember is available for immediate retrieval by the 'file clerk' in the brain.

I have some different views on why some of this happens and I could confirm the thoughts by some recent studies by other scientist, such as, R. Douglas Fields who is the chief of the Nervous System Development and Plasticity Section at the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development. In the magazine, Scientific American, March 2008, p. 58, Mr. Fields explains something of how the charges of the brain travel to separate areas by little segments of myelinated axons and one of the films shows the nerve cell in the brain as having a space between the neuron and the axon which would cause the problems that they are trying to explain.

Oh, and what that guy said about ethnic cleansing is something I don't understand, but in light of the knowledge of the past, the present does not have any opportunity of expression. Most of the knowledge of the past has disappeared in the developed countries, so the abilities of expression have disappeared also. That could have something to do with Alzheimer's Disease.

I went ahead and watched some more videos from the same doctor, the Phantoms in the Brain, but maybe the first one told something about exactly what I have been studying and that is Iridology. I have been studying the pathways of the optic nerve and what the illustrations in the film tell you is that the vision is divided into about 30 areas and the area situated around your temples, the temporal lobes, control the 'what' that you see. You have another area that controls the 'why' that you see, and there's more. This is absolutely amazing stuff!

That is excellent! How it happens that the right thing comes along at just the right time amazes me and it just cause the brain to start firing and all that you know on the subject of the brain starts firing up and you remember everything. Or I could say everything that I remember is available for immediate retrieval by the 'file clerk' in the brain.

:tu: Yep, and you know what Gregg...?...people with TLE or TL experiences have made HUGE contributions to society, in a very positive way.

Hence, the (limited) list of famous people I posted.

I have some different views on why some of this happens and I could confirm the thoughts by some recent studies by other scientist, such as, R. Douglas Fields who is the chief of the Nervous System Development and Plasticity Section at the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development. In the magazine, Scientific American, March 2008, p. 58, Mr. Fields explains something of how the charges of the brain travel to separate areas by little segments of myelinated axons and one of the films shows the nerve cell in the brain as having a space between the neuron and the axon which would cause the problems that they are trying to explain.

The brain is freak'n amazing, isn't it??? I marvel at every study I uncover.

Oh, and what that guy said about ethnic cleansing is something I don't understand, but in light of the knowledge of the past, the present does not have any opportunity of expression. Most of the knowledge of the past has disappeared in the developed countries, so the abilities of expression have disappeared also. That could have something to do with Alzheimer's Disease.

You see, the reason I pointed this out was because this young man believed everything he was experiencing at the time, and actually justified ethnic cleansing in his own mind. He also believed that he could find a "following" without any problem. This condition is so complex and has both positive and negative side effects that can last a very long time after one has had a seizure. Now, imagine if someone with this kind of brain disorder who was raised in a negative environment, and spent most of his time thinking negative...well, need I say more.

I think history speaks for itself.

I feel very fortunate that the only real negative experiences I had were hallucinations of demons (visuals related to religious upbringing) and having flashbacks. I never had outbursts of anger or violent episodes, which can be a side effect of this condition. But like the man said in the video...some of these blissful visions and insights are so amazing, you can easily feel as though you truly have been given a gift from the gods. ;)

I went ahead and watched some more videos from the same doctor, the Phantoms in the Brain,

Yes...the whole series is very interesting, to say the least. Thanks so much for your comments, and the interesting info. :)

~V

Edited by Inner Space

My name could be Phillip Phantoms in the Brain episode 2, but I don't quite have the naming problems he does. Phillip was in a car accident like me in the late '70s, mine was '78, and stayed unconscious for a few weeks like me and the area of the brain that was affected is close, but the problem I have is not 'remembering' the names of living things, it is more remembering the faces and putting the face to a name, which is not an uncommon problem.

In thinking about this, the problems I have are almost the same. But, as I was saying before there are other 'reasons' why that happens the way it does. For instance, you have other small cells in the brain around the myelinated axons that wrap around the trunks of myelinated axons to allow the firing of all of the nodes of Ranvier in the trunk of axons; all of the 'lights' will shine. These are called Astrocytes. And I believe that is why that one guy does not feel that the man he looks at is his dad even though it is. That would be a sad thing to have to go through.

In Phantoms in the Brain, part 2 (corrected) episode 1, they seem to be explaining how the animal 'sees.' In there, there is a guy looking at a computer screen, the left side is light blue and the right side a darker blue and in the darker blue field is a small box that they move up or down. The problem is, the guy cannot see the box but he can see the movement of it. It would be the same with an animal looking at the screen. They don't say at the beginning of this film that the guy is not color blind. Nevertheless, I would think that the ionic field that is splashed on the back of the CRT frontscreen that he is looking at does not stop at the border, they keep going, and the perception of there being shades of color is what you see. If you understand pixels in a computer screen, any movement in any direction turns pixels on and off in the direction of movement.

PitB, part 2 episode 1, is about 'phantom limbs' or 'phantom pain' and I have often thought about that, but I have an artificial shoulder on the left and instead of 'phantom pain' it hides the pain I would get from any gallbladder/liver issues. Strange, but true.

:w00t:The end of the first half of part 2 epi 1 describes some other mind working and you are not aware of it. I have a view that it is the same mind that controls your body when you are asleep. When you are asleep, you have two distinct systems working, the autonomic system and whatever system creates the dreams.

edited for correction.

Edited by greggK

The second half of part 2 epi 2 about David is just like me! But that thing about him looking at his mother and saying, 'This woman is . . .' is just like the Bible and Jesus when He said to his mother, 'Woman, what do I have to do with you?' All of these stories on the brain and the processes of thinking follow the bible exactly I would say. :innocent:

You see, the reason I pointed this out was because this young man believed everything he was experiencing at the time, and actually justified ethnic cleansing in his own mind. He also believed that he could find a "following" without any problem. This condition is so complex and has both positive and negative side effects that can last a very long time after one has had a seizure. Now, imagine if someone with this kind of brain disorder who was raised in a negative environment, and spent most of his time thinking negative...well, need I say more.

That's what I call a Jehovah Complex.

Is one of your symptoms incessant babbling? :lol:

:w00t: ROFLMAO :lol: Gregg, I'm about to go out to spend time with family, but just wanted to thank you for making my day with that comment...you are a hoot!!! :rofl:

Be back later!!!

Can engery waves having an effect on the termporal lobes cause sensations of deja vu as well?

You know the creepy ones that are so intense they wash over you with a wave of fear and make the hairs stand up on the back of your arms etc?

Edited by Engimatic_soul

Can engery waves having an effect on the termporal lobes cause sensations of deja vu as well?

You know the creepy ones that are so intense they wash over you with a wave of fear and make the hairs stand up on the back of your arms etc?

Well ES it does sound like you are in the classic catch-22. If there is one thing this thread has established for me, it is that we have a lot to learn about a great many things.

I think there is an inter-relationship between the physical and the non-physical. The points of view about which comes first is not as importent as the understanding that the inter-relationship is an active presence. I think once you accept this concept, you can look for the abstract as well as the concrete causes.

Trust your feelings and your body to advise you on how best to treat this condition. Ask yourself questions about your life and your perceptions about that life. Become your own dr and tap into that inner wisdom. You can start with small things lake your next migraine. Ask yourself how it was that this particular headache came to be. Then reflect on your thoughts and feelings.

Keep things simple. Take small steps. Trust that you are more than you have been taught that you are.

John

Edited by John A Spera

Hi ES :)

The answer to your questions is yes...energy waves, exposure to (EMF's) can bring on feelings of deja vu, among other factors. We live in an electromagnetic bubble, especially in an age of wireless technology. Deja vu is more common than most people may be aware of. My apologies for not having time to address your question at length, but I will soon, hopefully to your satisfaction. I've been under the weather this week, (should have never pigged-out on that chocolate Easter bunny. :lol:) but I will address your question when I feel up to snuff. Thank you for browsing through the thread.

If there is one thing this thread has established for me, it is that we have a lot to learn about a great many things.

Hi John, I really appreciate your input. Thank you! :)

Hi Gregg, :) With all due respect, ES decided to edit out some of her personal comments shortly after posting. In light of this, I believe we should respect ES's decision to edit, and only address the questions she has currently in her post. I believe John was in the middle of posting while she was editing, which is why he quoted her original post. Thank you for your understanding in this matter.

With kindest regard,

~V

Hope it's appropriate to the topic but i want to share these Optical Illusions & Visual Phenomena Images by Michael Bach... that may prove that what we perceive optically may differ from whats perceived from our brain(?)...

''An optical illusion (also called a visual illusion) is characterized by visually perceived images that are deceptive or misleading. The information gathered by the eye is processed by the brain to give a percept that does not tally with a physical measurement of the stimulus source. There are two main types of illusion - physiological illusions that are the effects on the eyes and brain of excessive stimulation of a specific type - brightness, tilt, color, movement, and cognitive illusions where the eye and brain make unconscious inferences.''

Just a couple from Bach's website...

His motion optical illusions will keep ya entertained...err & mesmerized for hours. :huh: ... :wacko:

''Motion Induced Blindness'' (MIB) is a phenomenon of visual disappearance or perceptual illusions in which salient visual stimuli disappear as if erased in front of the observers eyes, similar examples are also known as flash suppression.

Do these prove that we sometimes may not be seeing what's actually there?

Motion Induced Blindness (MIB)

Motion After Effect

Both illusions above come from under the heading 'Motion & Time' on his page.

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift." ~Albert Einstein

This also from an email sent to me the other day (for those that missed it on Kak's thread)

As i received it...

linked-image

If you look at the above images from your seat in front of the computer, Mr. Angry is on the left, and

Ms.Calm is on the right.

Get up from your seat, and move back 12 feet, and PRESTO!! they switch places!!

The illusion was created by Phillippe G.Schyns and Aude Oliva of the University of Glasgow .

Can engery waves having an effect on the termporal lobes cause sensations of deja vu as well? You know the creepy ones that are so intense they wash over you with a wave of fear and make the hairs stand up on the back of your arms etc?

Hi ES :)The answer to your questions is yes...energy waves, exposure to (EMF's) can bring on feelings of deja vu, among other factors. We live in an electromagnetic bubble, especially in an age of wireless technology. Deja vu is more common than most people may be aware of. <snip>

ES, it will take me several posts to explain your question. My next post will address Deja Vu and the brain. The following posts will address man-made electromagnetic fields (EMF's) and radio frequencies (RF) and their effects on the brain. It will be quite extensive and perhaps a little too technical, however, I do want to present these studies, as I feel they will explain how exposure to our surrounding environment (man-made energy fields) does effect our biology, and in particular...our brain. It may take me a couple of days to present these studies.

Just to give you an idea on what we are up against, wireless networks are only one example of the myriad of RF (radio frequency) technologies which have exploded onto the scene over the past fifteen years. Just since 2003, one-hundred twenty-five thousand new cell towers have been constructed. The number of cellular phones in the US has exploded from 10 million to more than 150 million in the US. Cordless phones, microwave ovens, security alarms, wireless computers and peripherals, remote control toys, baby monitors and even pest devices are standard appliances in the typical US household. Other wireless technologies like blue tooth, GPS, satellite, radar, AM/ FM radio and police/fire/ government emergency communications increasingly fill the airwaves all around us.

All of these are examples of RF technologies, which share a common heritage, as they generate radio waves across a frequency spectrum from 300 Hertz (cycles per second) to 300 Gigahertz (billions of cycles per second). Whereas all these technologies deploy various intensities and frequencies, when evaluating the safety of wireless networks, they can not be ignored. Besides the complex interaction of these many frequencies, the sheer numbers and intensities must raise concerns. Even more troubling is the fact of current implementation of WiFi, which promises to add another 100,000 towers nationally.

Electrosmog: Using data from the World Health Organization (WHO), experts estimate that the intensity (power density) of radio frequency (RF) fields in the average US community has risen by between 50-100 times just since the year 2000. Experts are calling this radio frequency proliferation...electrosmog. Many are now beginning to ponder the larger question as to the long term effects on the brain and body as we are continuously bombarded by the millions of tiny invisible waves, arising from the rising levels of electrosmog, as a result of all these energy fields!! Source

I think you will find these scientific studies very eye-opening.

Well ES it does sound like you are in the classic catch-22.

John, thank you for editing your post containing ES's original post. As always you continue to demonstrate a kind and caring nature. :)

Hope it's appropriate to the topic but i want to share these Optical Illusions & Visual Phenomena Images by Michael Bach... that may prove that what we perceive optically may differ from whats perceived from our brain(?)...

Rebel...wow, a really awesome post. Thanks so much for sharing those cool illusions. Also, thank you for addressing me privately before posting this information, due to the fact that you didn't want to derail the thread. You totally ROCK! :tu:

Oh, and one more 'thank you' for enhancing the thread by making us aware of just how much our brains can really mess with our heads. :lol:

Edited to add these cool illusions, just in case you or others haven't seen them yet! For the best effect, look at objects in the room, such as pictures, furniture, your pet, etc., but not a blank wall. Be sure to follow the directions/prompt and be seated while watching this. Have fun and enjoy the trip. :D

~

Yes Ma'am, it was out of respect for the complaint of the doctor not knowing what to say about not knowing why the pain is there. Now, I'm trying to match the complaint about migraines and the temporal lobe. My response was just beginning.

Hi Gregg. I understand where you're coming from, and I know you had the best of intentions, but again, because ES did edit her post, I feel that any information with regard to her original post on personal issues should be address privately with her, if you should so incline to do so. Unless ES gives us permission to address those other questions, we should continue to respect her decision to not have those edited-out questions addressed publicly.

John was understanding with respect to her privacy, and therefore edited his post last night, removing her original post, after I brought the contents of your post to your attention. He was not aware at the time that she had edited it, as he was posting answers to her questions while she was editing. Since you quoted ES from John's post only, and not her updated post...well after she had edited her post, I believe that it would be best if you edit your post as well, as it contains her original post, which again, was her decision to edit. As always, I do appreciate your informative and interesting posts. Thanks again. :)

IS, you posted some of the symptoms of TLE and one of the symptoms was deja' vu, but I don't think that the temporal lobe can cause any sensations other than the quantum vibrations of the photon; that is 'what' you see. What you 'feel' is a different matter. Deja' vu, in my view, is akin to the fight or flight response. The picture that comes to my mind is all 30 visual lobes firing at the same time would cause deja' vu by the actions of the astrocytes throughout the brain that 'listen in' on the charges that flow down the myelinated axons and carry the charges to other axons that light up the Nodes of Ranvier. That is how you remember things. Energy waves can cause the sensation of deja' vu by being the same frequency of vibration as the astrocytes in your brain. :)

What I plan to present are studies that show how our artificial environment (EMF/RF) may cause changes in the brain and chemical imbalances, thus the potential for brain-degenerative diseases, epilepsy, temporal lobe liabilities/sensitivities, tumors, etc. As I've shared in earlier posts, long term exposures to these energy fields may also explain paranormal phenomena, i.e., deja vu, jamais vu, hallucinations/visions, kundalini, etc.

Edited by Inner Space

This post has been edited by greggK: Today, 12:49 PM :)

Thank you, my friend. :tu:

Deja vu, in layman terms, is a human perception about something that was recently experienced or seen before the person involved knows he/she hasn't. A common misinterpretation of the term is related to precognitive experiences or dreams, where the person knows exactly what is going to happen and it turns out that he/she is right.

One of the most used and most, shall we say, contemporary definitions of deja vu was given in 1983 by Dr. Vernon Neppe, Director of the Pacific Neuropsychiatric Institute in Seattle, who came up with subcategories of deja vu...the associative type is practically the most common of all deja vu's experienced by most people, and it is based on the idea that a person sees, hears, smells, experiences altogether, something that produces the feeling that one associates with something they have seen, heard, smelled or felt before. The biological deja vu is usually experienced by those with temporal lobe epilepsy, who have deja vu episodes before a seizure. People with this kind of condition enabled doctors to identify the areas in the brain that produce the deja vu signals. Deja vu can occurs as a consequence of other psychiatric conditions, such as trauma, anxiety, and depression.

At one point, scientists ceased research on the subject of deja vu's because these episodes had grown to be associated with past life experiences, ESP, and even...alien abductions. Recently they have become more popular among men and women of science who began using brain imaging technology in order to understand what deja vu's are experiences are. There is an opposite to deja vu called jamais vu. This is when a person feels that the environment around them seems weirdly unfamiliar. They fail to evoke the proper feelings of recognition despite an intellectual realization that one should recognize them. Everything feels strange and wrong.

As a side note: When a lot of deja vu experiences happen in clusters, one can start having a feeling like I "know" exactly what is coming next. What’s actually happening is that the feeling of familiarity seems to become attached to the normal train of speculation we all engage in about what is going to happen next, or what someone will say next. When what happens doesn't conform to your expectation, it is still imbued with such a strong feeling of familiarity, that you dismiss the fact that the precise thing you were expecting didn't happen, and take the consequent feeling of familiarity as "proof" you did know, but had just gotten the details a little wrong.

Deja vu appears to be a common phenomenon. Research has shown that as much as 70% of the population have reported having had some form of deja vu experience in their lifetime. Surveys show that about one third of the population has had the most common form of deja vu sensations (deja vecu ~ already experienced). Due to the subjective and often indescribable nature of the associated feelings, it has sometimes been difficult to determine who is actually experiencing deja vu. In general, however, deja vu is any number of hard-to-explain, sometimes upsetting occurrences of unexpected recognition, in which the person involved has trouble identifying an antecedent for the events and/or places which seem so strangely and intensely familiar. Deja vu has also been defined as "familiarity without awareness”. While the situational cues a deja vu are familiar, there definitely appears to be lack of awareness about the specific source of the memory.

Arthur Funkhouser, Ph.D., states that there are three types of deja vu, but can cause different neurological experiences. These are deja vecu (already experienced), deja senti (already felt) and deja visite (already visited). Again, deja vecu is the most common deja vu experience and involves the sensation of having done something or having been in an identical situation before and knowing what will happen next. These sensations are often felt through several senses: seeing, hearing, taste, touch and proprioceptive perceptions. The experience is often incredibly detailed and is usually connected to very normal activities. Although the episode itself lasts from only a fraction of a second to several minutes, it can often be remembered in minute detail long after the episode has occurred. There can be this strange, almost physical up-welling of visual experience, a visual warping, and at the same time an eerie realization that everything happening now had happened before, maybe many times.

Deja senti is different from deja vecu in that the episode of recollection feels more like the recovery of long sought after information. The sensation is one of satisfaction at having retrieved a memory although the memory was not actively sought. This form of deja vu does not involve any feelings of premonition and the episodes quickly dissipate from memory. Deja senti has been strongly associated with the partial seizure experiences reported by temporal lobe epilepsy patients. The extended nature of these episodes has allowed for more detailed descriptions of the feelings associated with a deja senti event. Deja visite is a more rare event in which a person visits a new place and feels that it is familiar. It is associated more with spatial dimensions while deja vecu is associated with situations and processes. Deja vu experiences can be in one of the three forms described above or can be a mixed version with a combined deja vu effect. References: "Three Types of Deja Vu," by Arthur Funkhouser, Ph.D.

Neuroscience

Studies indicated that the main scientific explanation for deja vu seems to be that it's caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain, that may be brought on by environmental factors. These studies will be presented in upcoming posts. There is mounting evidence that man-made EMFs/RF, as well as naturally ocuring EMFs appear to cause these chemical imbalance in the brain. These imbalance seem to cause memories to be processed inappropriately by various parts of the brain.

Scientists have done experiments on mice (and other animals) in an attempt to prove that this chemical imbalance was the true cause of deja vu. They eventually concluded that it was in fact caused by a chemical imbalance. In their human studies, they were able to locate individuals who experienced deja vu quite often, some individuals reported experiencing de javu hundreds of times a day. Brain scans showed these individuals have damaged amygdala's.

When events are occurring in the present, our brain processes the activity in a part of the brain called the amygdala. I addressed the amygdala in the "Sensed Presense" post early on (see graphic). Deja vu appears to occur when present events are processed in a part of the brain typically used to recall past memories. The parahippocampal cortex, is very closely connected to the hippocampus. Because the event is processed in the parahippocampal cortex, it has a ‘past flavor’ associated with it. If the data had been processed correctly, by the amygdala, then it would have had the correct ‘present flavor‘. As I mentioned earlier, deja vu experiences are a common feature of temporal lobe seizures, and have often been reported after stimulating healthy subjects' medial temporal lobes. Source/Reference: "It's Deja Vu All Over Again" B. Greenebaum ~ Bioelectromagnetics 2003

Rebel...wow, a really awesome post. Thanks so much for sharing those cool illusions. Also, thank you for addressing me privately before posting this information, due to the fact that you didn't want to derail the thread. You totally ROCK! :tu:

Oh, and one more 'thank you' for enhancing the thread by making us aware of just how much our brains can really mess with our heads. :lol:

Edited to add these cool illusions, just in case you or others haven't seen them yet! For the best effect, look at objects in the room, such as pictures, furniture, your pet, etc., but not a blank wall. Be sure to follow the directions/prompt and be seated while watching this. Have fun and enjoy the trip. :D

~

'' :wacko: No sweat IS anytime, those kinda buzzed me me out also''... :wacko:

:wacko: ''I'm...I'm...I'm ok :) just need to go lay down for a while''... :wacko: ...

'' :wacko: No sweat IS anytime, those kinda buzzed me me out also''... :wacko:

:wacko: ''I'm...I'm...I'm ok :) just need to go lay down for a while''... :wacko: ...

:innocent: Hehe :devil:

OK, back to ES's question.

There is a condition known as "electromagnetic hypersensitivity (EHS). EHS is an emerging syndrome brought about by exposures to EM/RF fields. The symptoms are most often misdiagnosed, the causes...misunderstood. Take note of the last source provided below, and you will see that physicians are beginning to take this condition/causes seriously. Because I have TLE, I have a lower TL threshold, which makes me more sensitive to my environment. If I'm on my wireless laptop or cordless phone for too long, I will begin to feel the effects physically and emotionally. The left side of my face might start to tingle or feel numb, and I might also begin to feel agitated, anxious and sometimes get headaches and/or nausea.

If I don't heed the warning signs, known as an Aura, I could possibly have a seizure which, for me, might be in the form of either visions/hallucinations (usually religious/spiritual in nature), deja vu, jamais vu, clouded consciousness, or I may completely zone out and just stare, losing all sense of time. I may also get electrical/tingling sensations in various parts of my body, such as in my hands/fingers, etc. Sometimes these sensations might start out from the base of my spine than upwards. I've even had what has been described as a Kundalini Rising. After much research, it became clear to me that this experience came on after reading and doing research for 6 to 10 hours a day, over the course of several weeks, in an area of my house that had a high concentration of EM. I didn't know that at the time. It's almost impossible to be completely removed from these energy fields. If you are living in a seismically highly active area such as California, you get a double whammy, as was the case with me when I was a child. When I'm using the microwave oven, I leave the kitchen. I'm an avid reader, but now that I am aware of my seizure disorder, I try to read in natural lighting because, as I will share in another post...sitting by a lamp for long periods of time can affect a person with TL liabilities & EHS, and actually...even those who aren't especially sensitive to these fields. I don't sleep next to electrical outlets or radio alarm clocks, nor do I sit close to the TV when its on.

Many sources indicate that millions of people worldwide are affected from exposure to the burgeoning load from RF/ EMF's, which have been proliferating since the early 1990's from wireless technology deployments like cellular, cordless and WiFi. In Sweden, where Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity (EHS) is closely watched and is now recognized as a medical disability, it is estimated that nearly 5% of the population may be sensitive to RF/ EMF's. More than 300,000 are now disabled from these energy waves in Sweden.

One estimate pegs millions of Americans as electromagnetically sensitive with as many as one million already disabled by these invisible energy fields, which were previously thought to be harmless. The affected suffer from a wide range of symptoms, including memory loss, severe headaches and head pain, skin rashes, disorientation, joint pain, nausea, lack of concentration and other cognitive effects, etc., when exposed to RF fields and electromagnetic fields (EMF), which are now found almost everywhere.

A 1999 study of electromagnetic sensitivities revealed that about one million Californians self-reported sensitivity to electromagnetic fields, while some 125,000 claimed to be disabled from the pernicious waves. Extrapolating those numbers to the US population would mean there may be as many as nine million electro-sensitive people and about one million Americans disabled by the effects. The disabled are clearly victims of EHS. Like the proverbial "canary in the coal mine", millions who suffer debilitating effects from RF/ Microwave fields may be silently signaling the greater public health impact that may already be afoot. I'm not trying to scare people here, but I feel public awareness is necessary, and imo, explains a lot of the strange "goings-on" with regard to the paranormal.

With the introduction of electric wiring (ELF/EMF) into homes, schools, businesses around the world, not to mention the ever increasing wireless technology, RF (radio frequencies) in many diverse circumstances, new insights have emerged in regard to the effects on humans. Extensive laboratory experiments and residential and occupational epidemiological studies appear to point to a robust, reasonable, and consistent conclusion...low frequency electromagnetic fields, whose frequencies, harmonics and sub-harmonics coincide with the range of frequencies used by our brains, hearts and cells do cause chemical/hormonal imbalances. Subtly and at extremely low intensities, they strongly interact through resonant absorption, with primary functions of our bodies. The research shows significant elevations in depression, suicide, paranormal experiences, hallucinations, seizure disorders, anxiety, insomnia, ADD/ADHD, etc., etc. One doesn't have to live near a fault-line to be affected in this modern age, that's a given.

What seems apparent is that some, if not most "authorities" around the world treat low frequency electromagnetic fields as foreign external agents that have to be very intense to produce visible and discernible effects such as electric shock and burns. They make the mistake of then assuming that if these extreme acute effects do not occur then no other effects can occur. They then assume that people are safe at all lower field intensities. This approach ignores the basic science of biophysics. Cells use oscillating electromagnetic fields for many vital functions. Signals and substances that interfere with vital functions can be hazardous. I'll go into more detail on biophysics later.

Current standards do not protect people from many consistent and well established biological/neurological health effects. The international guideline (International Commission for Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection, ICNIRP (1998)) for public exposure to 50 Hz fields is 1000 mG and for 60 Hz is 833.3mG. These are set to avoid electric shock.

Suicide in electrical workers is elevated by 23% for annual exposures of less than 0.2 mG, Van Wijngaarden et al. (1999). Van Wijngaarden et al. show that the suicide rate increases with mean exposure to an increase of 70 % above 1.1 mG. This shows that the level of no effect is very close to zero for 60 Hz magnetic field exposure. These studies are all linked by a common biological mechanism...reduced melatonin. This is a biggie, and I will explain why in another post.

In regard to RFs (exposure to wireless technology), Children are the most vulnerable because their brains and skulls are not yet fully developed and scientific studies have shown this makes children able to absorb more RF radiation than adults. Also, children's head size and many of their internal organs approximate the 2 " to 8" wave size of the more popular microwave frequencies including classic cellular (900 Megahertz), PCS, (cell phones at 1800 to 1900 Megahertz), and WiFi at 2.45 Gigahertz. When radio waves interact with objects that approximate the amplitude (height) of a radio wave, there is an enhanced resonance-effect, which is thought to magnify the absorption potential of the microwaves.

Source ~ Source

Doctors are finally speaking out and appealing for new regulations to halt the devastating biological/neurological health consequences of exposure to pulsing high-frequency electromagnetic radiation. They believe that the increase in seizures and seizure disorders, i.e., epilepsy, brain tumors, brain-degenerative diseases , learning, concentration, and behavioral disorders, etc, are related to the ever increasing exposure to EM/RF fields. See source below for a list of other symptoms/causes as reported by physicians.

"We have observed, in recent years, a dramatic rise in severe and chronic diseases among our patients"

"Since the living environment and lifestyles of our patients are familiar to us, we can see, especially after carefully-directed inquiry, a clear temporal and spatial correlation between the appearance of disease and exposure to pulsed high-frequency microwave radiation (HFMR)."

"Our therapeutic efforts to restore health are becoming increasingly less effective: the unimpeded and continuous penetration of radiation into living and working areas , particularly bedrooms, an essential place for relaxation, regeneration and healing, causes uninterrupted stress and prevents the patient's thorough recovery."

Source

To be continued

Edited by Inner Space

Electric and magnetic field exposures:

The human brain generates electricity through the action of the chemicals, the water, and the metallic ores coursing through it and of which it is comprised. Just as the human brain generates electricity so does the body itself, for the blood coursing through the veins and arteries also carry those chemicals, those metallic traces, and the water. The blood is, as you well know, mainly water. The whole body is suffused with electricity.

Power frequency (50/60 Hz, 1 Hz = 1 cycle per second) electric and magnetic fields are produced around wires, appliances and equipment powered by electricity. The electric field is proportional to the voltage and the magnetic field is proportional to the current. In graphic below, this is illustrated by showing the electric fields produced when devices are plugged in and the voltage is applied. The magnetic fields are added when the switch is turned on and the current flows to operate the appliances. The electric field results from being plugged in and a voltage is applied between the plug and the "end" of the supplied device.

linked-image

When the devices are turned on the voltage produces a current flow that creates a magnetic field in addition to the electric field. Because the voltage is oscillating at 50/60 Hz, the magnetic field and electric fields are oscillating at 50/60 Hz, creating an ELF modulated electromagnetic field. In North America household supplies are 60 Hz and 110 V, whereas in the U.K., Europe, Australia and New Zealand, 50 Hz and 240 V power supplies are used. This shows that the North American supplies are associated with higher currents and higher magnetic fields for a given power requirement.

How fields interact with human bodies:

The graphic below shows how the electric field is concentrated into human bodies because of the conductive material, mainly water, that allows the field to carry a current to earth, parallel to the electric field lines. On the other hand, magnetic fields induce circular currents perpendicular to the magnetic field lines. The fields are oscillating at 50/60 Hz so that the induced currents within our bodies are also oscillating at these frequencies.

linked-image

Low frequency electric and magnetic fields induce weak electric currents in humans and animals. The dotted lines show the directions of the induced currents, parallel to the electric field and perpendicular to the magnetic field. A second, but not well known interaction between powerlines and humans, is the radio frequency fields that are emitted by high voltage powerlines. You may have noticed the static noise on your car radio as you drive under or alongside a powerline. Before I became aware of the high EMF's in the area of my house that I use to spend a lot of time in, I would notice that when I was on the cordless phone, I would often get a lot of static, and I would have to move around a bit to get a clear signal. Same principle applies.

A survey of radio-frequency (RF) fields from powerlines has been carried out in Italy. They found that 100 to 400 kHz signals were most common. The researchers used the rapid drop in dielectric constant with increasing RF frequency to show that the induced current was much higher for RF signals than for ELF signals. Because of this much stronger coupling of the RF signal to muscular tissue than the 50/60 Hz fields, they showed that a 100 kHz field with a strength of 0.1 mG induces the same current as a 1000 mG 50/60 Hz field. Allowing for this factor of 10,000, the smaller measured RF fields induced similar or higher fields in the tissue than the magnetic field.

Resonant Detection of ULF/ELF fields:

Resonant detection of oscillating fields is a classic physics process used by telecommunication technologies using aerials, tuned oscillators, phase-locked loop circuits signal encoders and decoders and amplifiers. An example of traditional aerial is the half wave dipole. This is a length of conductor that is half the wavelength of the signal being received. Because this is based on matching the half wavelength it illustrates the strength of resonant absorption of multiples of the half wavelength, (L=l/2).

At any multiple of L there is a resonant absorption peak as we scan across the frequency spectrum. These are called harmonics. Sub-harmonics, involving longer wavelengths and lower frequencies, also have resonant characteristics as multiples of oscillatory peaks coincide, after every second, third, fourth, cycle, etc. In these cases it is frequency matching rather than wavelength matching. An FM radio or TV tuner has a frequency oscillator that can have its primary frequency varied across the spectrum. When an incoming signal is detected a feed-back signal is generated that is proportion to the frequency difference between the incoming signal and the internal oscillator. This difference signal is fed back to the oscillator to vary the internal frequency. As the difference gets smaller the feed-back signal gets smaller and an automatic frequency tuning device has been created. This is called a phase-locked loop circuit.

Biology has preceded electronic physics because brains and cells use oscillating ion currents for the control of release of neurotransmitters and in the cell to cell communication systems,(EEG). They use frequency encoders and decoders and phase-locked loop circuits to tune into external signals of a slightly different frequency. Biological Systems detect and respond to external ULF/ELF signals using their built-in receiving and decoding systems (cell-to-cell communication). Early claims that living cells could not detect fields less than the membrane potential, are demonstrably wrong. Not only does the brain's EEG signals operate using ELF oscillating signals whose field strength is a million times lower, but fish, birds, primates along with humans detect and respond to ELF oscillating signals over a million times smaller than the EEG signal.

These processes involve non-linear, non-equilibrium reactions to resonant absorption of oscillating signals. The oscillating signal oscillates across the cell membrane, triggering ion channels to increase or decrease the natural ion flows. In the brain this alters the neurotransmitters signals, changing the EEG pattern. The changes are transmitted to the hormonal glands that regulate the physiological reactions to emotions, daily cycles, etc. These glands produce hormones that signal the changes to the body organs and cells.

The neurons involved in emotion, thinking, memory and reaction use oscillating calcium ion and neurotransmitter signals primarily in the frequency range below 50 Hz. The human EEG shares the same frequency range as a natural ELF signal, the Schumann Resonance, that propagate around the world with a diurnal and seasonal pattern that follows the human diurnal melatonin pattern, suggesting that there could be a causal link between them. The intensity of the Schumann Resonance signal (frequencies between 6 and 50 cycles per second, specifically 7.8, 14, 20, 26, 33, 39 and 45 Hertz), with a daily variation of about +/- 0.5 Hertz, fluxes with Geomagnetic Activity (GMA) in a highly significantly correlated manner. Many animal studies find that ELF fields reduce melatonin. In 2001, more than 13 studies showed that people exposed to ELF fields have reduced melatonin. Hence this is a very well established effect of ELF electromagnetic field exposure. Geomagnetic activity is highly correlated with reduced melatonin in humans. Keep in mind my earlier posts concerning the flux of GMA. Source

My apologies about all the technical stuff, but I feel it has foundational importance. I hope to make my point in the following post. Thank you for taking the time to read through all this. :wacko: lol

Edited by Inner Space