Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A test for APers/RVers.

Atheist God

A lot of members here claim to be able to leave their physical bodies and go anywhere. This test is to change my mind.

Every year I go to Vimy Ridge in France or try too anyway.

What I want you to do is to tell me what I have placed there every time I have went. The objects in question are placed out of view and not one has gone missing, Your goal is to tell me what it is I have left there.

Rules:

1: You only get one try.

2: All answers must be PM'ed.

3: The topic can be discussed however do not violate rule 2.

The correct answer will be posted here by me provided anyone gets it right.

The reason for only 1 try and for rule 2 is simple, it eliminates the possibility of simply guessing the correct answer via process of elimination.

Of course the answer can be guessed and the correct answer does not leave the realm of chance. However I will have a series of other challenges for the winner to confirm their ability.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MarkSteven

• Atheist God

• eight bits

• rassy

A lot of members here claim to be able to leave their physical bodies and go anywhere. This test is to change my mind.

Every year I go to Vimy Ridge in France or try too anyway.

What I want you to do is to tell me what I have placed there every time I have went. The objects in question are placed out of view and not one has gone missing, Your goal is to tell me what it is I have left there.

Rules:

1: You only get one try.

2: All answers must be PM'ed.

3: The topic can be discussed however do not violate rule 2.

The correct answer will be posted here by me provided anyone gets it right.

The reason for only 1 try and for rule 2 is simple, it eliminates the possibility of simply guessing the correct answer via process of elimination.

Of course the answer can be guessed and the correct answer does not leave the realm of chance. However I will have a series of other challenges for the winner to confirm their ability.

Unfortunately! I have a feeling that this experiment will be a hard one for the APers to grasp.

Unfortunately! I have a feeling that this experiment will be a hard one for the APers to grasp.

I don't expect anyone to get the correct answer so it's all good.

Insert lame excuses as to why this cannot be done here...

I'd like to participate in a remote viewing experiment, as I've earlier mentioned, once I'm back from my travels and have had the time to practice it some more first and prepare myself for such an experiment, and also have the time to do so.

However, in my experiment I want it to be a little different, I want to follow standard remote viewing protocols. That means I will know NOTHING about the target, and the only thing I will be given is a random 8 digit number that is a reference number for the target, and only the person who chose the target such as yourself will know what the target is.

The target has to be reasonable enough regarding type and size, for example choosing a whole country as target would not be applicable as that is too general and the results would not be very precise. However, a monument in a specific country, a specific mountain, a lake, a building, an object in your room, a picture of a landscape or any of the other mentioned targets etc would be good. Once a target is chosen, a random 8 digit number needs to be assigned to it, if the target is on a photo you simply write the number on a note and stick it on the photo, if the target is an object of your possession you can do the same, however if the target is a remote place you can't physically put a note with the number on you just need to write down what the target is with the assigned number below it, and at the end in any case you have to mentally visualize the target for a short moment and the number assigned, then you will give this 8 digit number to me and I will report back what I sense about the target and possibly sketches of it and other details. A monitor is also need, which can be one of the administrators or moderators, which you will tell the target and the number before starting the experiment, so we have a third party that can verify what the target was after the experiment has been carried out.

So to put it short and simple, the person who give me the reference number for the target will tell me absolutely nothing about the target such as location or anything, except for only the 8 digit number itself that is assigned to it. The only persons who will know what the target is, are the person choosing the target and the monitor.

Just so you know how I want the routine to be when I feel ready to participate in this, I will make a new specific thread for this purpose and probably let several people chose different targets one by one after each experiment.

At the moment I can't promise any timeframe on when I'll be able to carry out such experiments but at least now you'll know how I want it done.

If this sounds like a fair way to do the experiment then I will try my best to get on to it as soon as possible once I'm back from my travels (I leave tomorrow and will be away for 3-4 weeks).

In the meanwhile, good luck to anyone who chose to participate in the current challenge of AtheistGod :)

-EA

Edited by darkbreed

I don't expect anyone to get the correct answer so it's all good.

Insert lame excuses as to why this cannot be done here...

Well, of course the main thing that will be argued is that they will need more details.

(Oh, thats not enough can you please give a few more details...)

Basically, it ends up with them wanting you to give them the answer. :hmm:

I'm not someone who claimsthey can remote view or astro project, but I'm thinking if I got on a plane and went out to Vimy Ridge and poked around, would I be able to find any of the objects you've left there? What if I didn't find them all? Would it still be credible? I mean, that's the whole point of remote viewing or astro projecting except you're doing it from home. So, I think, if something's hidden from view from the average person then it would be just as hidden from the psychic travellers. And what if someone physically goes out there and looks about, and doesn't find your stuff, but comes across maybe some coins someone dropped or a lost toy a child misplaced and thinks, hey I found something? Then what?

I'm not someone who claimsthey can remote view or astro project, but I'm thinking if I got on a plane and went out to Vimy Ridge and poked around, would I be able to find any of the objects you've left there? What if I didn't find them all? Would it still be credible? I mean, that's the whole point of remote viewing or astro projecting except you're doing it from home. So, I think, if something's hidden from view from the average person then it would be just as hidden from the psychic travellers. And what if someone physically goes out there and looks about, and doesn't find your stuff, but comes across maybe some coins someone dropped or a lost toy a child misplaced and thinks, hey I found something? Then what?

You would be able to find the said objects pretty easily... Most people just don't look for stashed stuff at Vimy... Every year I go the objects are still there for like 8 years in a row.

They aren't in plain view but would be easily found... I've seen shows and read testimonials especially about remote viewers and their 'homing' ability to find something with little to no information. As far as I am concerned they have been given an easy task.

However, in my experiment I want it to be a little different, I want to follow standard remote viewing protocols. That means I will know NOTHING about the target, and the only thing I will be given is a random 8 digit number that is a reference number for the target, and only the person who chose the target such as yourself will know what the target is.

With respect, there is no "standard" remote viewing protocol, since all remote viewing experiments in the open literature have failed to establish a scientific consensus that the phenomenon exists.

The eight-digit random number which has so captured your attention played a specific role in a particular experimental design. It was, no doubt, appropriate there. It is simply "magical thinking" to imagine that an arbitrary feature of one adept's ritual would be incorporated in the next adept's attempt.

The current design is a screening test (i.e. there will be other tests for whoever succeeds in the test). The test is not about you personally, but is open to everyone. If you qualify, by naming the object described, then you will be eligible for more advanced testing, tailored to your unique talents.

You have repeatedly refused to provide any evidence that you have any preternatural skills or knowledge whatsoever. Here's your chance.

There are methods of RV'ing where you can perform a search using keywords, almost like running it through a search engine. So even without the objects being visual physically, they should be able to be found psychically. But I do believe we'd (actually they'd) need more information about either the OP, or the items themselves.

With respect, there is no "standard" remote viewing protocol, since all remote viewing experiments in the open literature have failed to establish a scientific consensus that the phenomenon exists.

The eight-digit random number which has so captured your attention played a specific role in a particular experimental design. It was, no doubt, appropriate there. It is simply "magical thinking" to imagine that an arbitrary feature of one adept's ritual would be incorporated in the next adept's attempt.

The current design is a screening test (i.e. there will be other tests for whoever succeeds in the test). The test is not about you personally, but is open to everyone. If you qualify, by naming the object described, then you will be eligible for more advanced testing, tailored to your unique talents.

You have repeatedly refused to provide any evidence that you have any preternatural skills or knowledge whatsoever. Here's your chance.

It didn't just play an role, the 8 digit number is still the most frequently used system of remote viewing, and if you want to know more or learn it yourself I highly recommend the free audio lesson course in Scientific Remote Viewing supplied by the Farsight Institute at www.farsight.org

And no now is not my chance to do anything because I don't have time, I'm leaving in some hours and have not prepared myself in any way for any experiments at this moment, and besides I outlined the only routine I will do this experiment as it is not something I'm doing to prove anything, it's something I'm doing as a personal experiment and to practice my abilities with remote viewing and thus I prefer to do it the way I know to do it and have done before.

Also regarding me providing evidence for anything, that's not why I'm here, if anything I'm here to teach other people how to do the same things and I'm more than glad to do that, as well as learn some new things myself.

Good luck with this current challenge once again and see you in some weeks

Edited by darkbreed

Umm, not to labor the obvious, but there is only one target in the screening test proposed by the OP. What would assigning it an eight digit number accomplish?

Name it or pass. Pass? Noted. One excuse is as good as another.

Bon voyage.

You would be able to find the said objects pretty easily... Most people just don't look for stashed stuff at Vimy... Every year I go the objects are still there for like 8 years in a row.

They aren't in plain view but would be easily found... I've seen shows and read testimonials especially about remote viewers and their 'homing' ability to find something with little to no information. As far as I am concerned they have been given an easy task.

Thank you for clearing that up for me :)

To respond to another statement, why does an APer or RVer need key words, or more clues? I assume the clue, or key words, is 'Vimy Ridge'. They need to look for some stuff, which, I assume, would be things that would stand out or obviously don't belong in that environment. As the OP says, one would be able to find the objects pretty easily. If only they looked.

To respond to another statement, why does an APer or RVer need key words, or more clues? I assume the clue, or key words, is 'Vimy Ridge'. They need to look for some stuff, which, I assume, would be things that would stand out or obviously don't belong in that environment. As the OP says, one would be able to find the objects pretty easily. If only they looked.

Because in this method of RV'ing (which is different from Ap'ing) the Viewer acknowledges that there is a sort of repository of information, past present and future. Using these word is necessary because otherwise the answer they get will be full of nonimportant material, or totally unrelated information.

I'm not saying they need the words to be transported there so they can look around. They need them to pull the answer from wherever it's being stored (other than in the OP's head). Just the location isn't enough when RV'ing. You have to give a description of what it is you're looking for (what your intention is, not what is hidden)

Edited by Johnny Truant

Umm, not to labor the obvious, but there is only one target in the screening test proposed by the OP. What would assigning it an eight digit number accomplish?

Name it or pass. Pass? Noted. One excuse is as good as another.

Bon voyage.

excuse me eight bits, if you have actually done some reaserch on the subject of remote viewing, you would have discovered that there are several types of it, and it would have been obvious that the type that darkbreed was refeering to is called "coordinate remote viewing", with this type the rv'er or somebody else must associate an 8 digit number to the object, photo, etc... then the number is to be given to the rv'er, who will use it to gain information about the object or whatever by staring or thinking about the number while in a hypnagogic state, darkbreed, please correct if i am wrong.

Because in this method of RV'ing (which is different from Ap'ing) the Viewer acknowledges that there is a sort of repository of information, past present and future. Using these word is necessary because otherwise the answer they get will be full of nonimportant material, or totally unrelated information.

I'm not saying they need the words to be transported there so they can look around. They need them to pull the answer from wherever it's being stored (other than in the OP's head). Just the location isn't enough when RV'ing. You have to give a description of what it is you're looking for (what your intention is, not what is hidden)

Now I'm really confused about the remote viewing thing. How does looking for something have anything to do with past, present and future? I know nothing about how remote viewing works, so I'm not trying to seem sarcastic or anything like that. How does intention fit into this situation as well? The OP has put some items out there ...I suppose the intention, at least at this time, would be that he would like to see if any remote viewer or astro pojectionist see/find any of his objects. What kind of description can he give, if not of the objects themselves? I would consider giving a description of the objects cheating.

I read stories before, that the USA used to use remote viewers to spy on the USSR. I'm not sure if it worked or what their findings were. How could they have known what kind of instructions to give the remote viewers in that case, with (I assume) so little information they had?

Abt this 8 digit number thing, which someone mentioned - how is that supposed to help? How is the OP supposed to come up with an 8 digit number? Is he supposed to make it up? If so, then what diffrence does it make? I mean, I could go out right now and put something on my front lawn and ask a remote viewer to see if they can see it, but I wouldn't have the foggiest idea of what kind of number to assign it. I'd make it up. Therefore, it wouldn't have any significant meaning to the object. I wouldn't give GPS co-ordinates as I would consider that cheating in this day and age, unless I place the object under the house out of view of everyone. I would give out certain information about where in the world my object is located, though, since the purpose would be for the psychic traveller to be able to see the object, not have to search for the location. I don't know the size of Vimy Ridge, but it has been specifically named. So, I assume anyone who claims they can astro project or remote view, should be able to go to, or look at, a general location and have a look around without being given any more information.

this is all sort of vague, is Canadian National Vimy Memorial the place in question?

is the item in the grass, under the rocks to the north east, on the structure, do you have any idea how many people visit the area and leave their own items all over the place, not to mention loose change. without even going there and reading your description, it seems to me that your item is a type of trinket or miniature statue purchased there and placed out of view.

in all fairness an exact location would be helpful, it's not like most of us are going to make a trip just to look first hand.

Now I'm really confused about the remote viewing thing. How does looking for something have anything to do with past, present and future? I know nothing about how remote viewing works, so I'm not trying to seem sarcastic or anything like that. How does intention fit into this situation as well? The OP has put some items out there ...I suppose the intention, at least at this time, would be that he would like to see if any remote viewer or astro pojectionist see/find any of his objects. What kind of description can he give, if not of the objects themselves? I would consider giving a description of the objects cheating.

Like I said, this is ONE WAY to remote view. And RV'ing allows one to search the past present and future, if you want/have to. Intention is what your mind is setting out to do, what purpose you have. You wouldn't take up a task without knowing what it is you're doing, would you?

The description I had in mind was of the OP (original poster), like I already said. To me, it doesn't feel like one would be able to get a good impression of them as of this moment.

And no now is not my chance to do anything because I don't have time, I'm leaving in some hours and have not prepared myself in any way for any experiments at this moment,

Don't worry, I'm fairly certain no-one will have guessed it by the time you get back. You're not going to France by any chance are you? ;)

and besides I outlined the only routine I will do this experiment as it is not something I'm doing to prove anything, it's something I'm doing as a personal experiment and to practice my abilities with remote viewing and thus I prefer to do it the way I know to do it and have done before.

How convenient.

People claim such wonderful gifts on these forums, yet are so loathe to use them. People complain about sceptics and their doubting ways, yet when a chance to offer clear evidence arises, they suddenly remember they have to be somewhere.

Don't worry, I'm fairly certain no-one will have guessed it by the time you get back. You're not going to France by any chance are you? ;)

People claim such wonderful gifts on these forums, yet are so loathe to use them. People complain about sceptics and their doubting ways, yet when a chance to offer clear evidence arises, they suddenly remember they have to be somewhere.

No I'll be traveling to the Andes and other places in Argentina, such as up to Iguazu by the borders between Paraguay and Brazil, and then further down south. :tu:

Regarding your last comment, the offer to provide evidence has been here as long I remember and I've never had any interest in trying to prove anything something which should be clear by now. So me going somewhere has nothing to do with that. And I actually offered myself to take part of an experiment as soon I'm back and prepared, and I clearly stated the reason for me to want to do it the way I want is because that is the way I know how to do that task. :unsure:

If you know how to swim and want to prove it to me, I'd let you do it the way you know how to do it, I wouldnt ask you to swim backwards or with your hands behind your neck. I don't see what is so strange about me wanting to do something the way I know how to do it, instead of a way I don't. You should be happy that I'm actually offering to do this experiment, and the fact that I ask to know nothing about the target or its location at all should make it even more interesting as far I can see. :hmm:

I guess this will be my last message here for today as I'm already late and soon heading for my travel here. So take care everyone and when I'm back from my travels and have prepared myself for the mentioned experiment I'll post a thread about it and let someone chose a target. :sk:

:alien::rofl::ph34r:

Cheers!

i can test you on that, i have an image coordinate of 9002, if you guess it i will post it up.

So far 377 thread views and not one taker, not even a guess.

I took a swing at it.

No I'll be traveling to the Andes and other places in Argentina, such as up to Iguazu by the borders between Paraguay and Brazil, and then further down south. :tu:

Lucky you!

Regarding your last comment, the offer to provide evidence has been here as long I remember and I've never had any interest in trying to prove anything something which should be clear by now.

Do you mean it should be clear because you've already provided the evidence? If so, I hope you'll point it out to us newcomers when you return from your trip.

So me going somewhere has nothing to do with that. And I actually offered myself to take part of an experiment as soon I'm back and prepared, and I clearly stated the reason for me to want to do it the way I want is because that is the way I know how to do that task. :unsure:

If you know how to swim and want to prove it to me, I'd let you do it the way you know how to do it, I wouldnt ask you to swim backwards or with your hands behind your neck. I don't see what is so strange about me wanting to do something the way I know how to do it, instead of a way I don't. You should be happy that I'm actually offering to do this experiment, and the fact that I ask to know nothing about the target or its location at all should make it even more interesting as far I can see. :hmm:

Where psi experimentation often goes wrong is in letting the subjects take over the experimentation, and create their own criteria and methodology (this was what allowed the Alpha Project to succeed). But okay, I hear what you're saying about doing things the way you know how. But it does confuse me a little - the way AP and RV are discussed on this board, one would imagine that the protocol AG gave would be a snap, that you could do it (ahem) in your sleep. But now this simple task is difficult, and you want to do it 'the way you know how'. It's just a bit unclear as to why. Perhaps on your return you could elaborate? And finally, it seems as though your suggested protocol has a number of superfluous aspects, which as far as I can see would serve to make success more difficult for you - and thereby offer a certain excuse if you do not reach the criteria (not that you'd necessarily use the excuse, but I'm sure we'd all be thinking, 'well it was an extra hard task!' if you failed).

To use your analogy, I don't want to see you backflip through a flaming hoop, i just want to see you swim.