Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cannibalism

UM-Bot

user posted image rAnthony North: The Wild West provided many horror stories. But few can beat the fate of George Donner's wagon train, taking new settlers to California. In August 1846 it took a wrong turn and got lost in the Sierra Nevada.

Starving, the 26 men, 14 women and 44 children decided on a new method of staying alive. They ate each other. The settlers became cannibals - and they are not alone.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Beyond the Blog

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Oen Anderson

• War Eagle

• 2spookie

• Enigmatic Ghost

I agree 1.618.

I have to admit that cannibalism interests me - philosophically speaking. I'm not interested in trying it.

Would depend on neccessity. Once the soul/spirit/conciousness/whatever leaves the body, what are you left with?

Yet, eating your own kind.. nah.. If it's for survival and stuff. :D And we are full of proteins ! :D

Humans; The other white meat.

Maybe it's in our destiny to eat each other into oblivion?

We have KFC® (Kentucky Fried Chicken) why not KFH® (Kentucky Fried Human)

linked-image

Edited by REBEL

:o:huh: ewww! rebel...

Actually Rebel makes a very good point. Meat is meat... not that I would ever eat human meat, but when it all comes down to the same nutritional value it's all pretty much the same right?

Soylent Green was a great movie by the way... if you haven't seen it, check it out. :D

i think i'd jus starve

My husband is a descendant of survivors of the Donner Party. I'm glad they did it! Without cannibalism I wouldn't have him or my wonderful children.

Edited by Phyreglow

is eating monkey consider as Cannibalism ? since monkey is cousin of human race

Edited by Pavot

No think about it for a minute Spook, you've eaten ®KFC's Chicken Nuggets...Now try ®KFH's Human Nuggets cooked with the Colonel's 11 secret herbs & spices mmmmm... :w00t:

linked-imagelinked-image

I don't think I could eat another human, and hope I'm never in that situation to make a decision like that...Have to admit though REBEL makes everything sound so appetizing :lol:

wait I thought eating your own species could give you diseases.

Yeah there was just an article on here like last week theorizing that Neanderthals died off due to disease formed through cannibalism.

Oh and based on the topic of this thread I have to say...

Wendigo

:o I wonder how it tastes :hmm:

No Because Cannibalism is defined as in eating your own Species, not sub species, if you believe them to be your sub Species. eating them "Monkeys", that constitutes you as Carnivorous not a Cannibalistic. Pavot

So I guess it's OK to eat sailors if they were stationed on a Submarine because they are a sub species.

:o I wonder how it tastes :hmm:

Fish, chicken or sausage, not as yumbo as gumbo, but it does make one want to lick ones lips.

So I guess it's OK to eat sailors if they were stationed on a Submarine because they are a sub species.

Oh well Im more of a ham person. :yes:

The famous mountain man Jeramiah Johnson had a nick name of Liver Eaten Johnson. That is because the Crow Indians in Montana killed his pregnant wife and he went to war agains the Crow Nation. After he killed a Crow brave, he would cut out their liver, take a bite, spit it out and yell, "The liver of the Crow is unfit to eat"! It was thought that if you ate the liver of your enemies you gained their strength. Johnson killed so many of the Crow that they made peace with him before he wiped them all out. His cabin was near the town of Red Lodge Montana, and the town had it moved in as a tourist attraction. Almost all Native Americans have type A blood, and all cannibals know that persons with type B blood are much tastier! It gives a new meaning to Bone-apatite.

Edited by Oen Anderson

I don't think I could eat another human, and hope I'm never in that situation to make a decision like that...Have to admit though REBEL makes everything sound so appetizing :lol:

Edited by Pavot