Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cannibalism

UM-Bot

During WWII, most of the fighting in the Pacific Islands fell to the Austrailians, who proved a hearty bunch. They were assisted by National Guard units from the States. One such unit was from the Montana National Guard. The Japenese kidnapped their Lieutanant. The next day when they overran the enemy camp, there was evidence the Japenese had eaten their beloved Lieutanant. They vowed these animals should not be taken alive. Over the next several days this take no prisoners mentality led to the Japenese being killed out to the last man. From then on, when the Montana National Guard encountered the Japenese, the Japanese ran for their lives. Sushi anyone?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Oen Anderson

• War Eagle

• 2spookie

• Enigmatic Ghost

Two cannibals were eating a clown. One of the cannibals looked at the other and said, "Is it just me or does this taste funny?"

I'd eat human flesh if starving before I'd kill an animal I cared about. That was a big debate in my family one night..."If you were deserted in the cold with one of our dead bodies, a stranger, Gabriel (one of my most beloved cats), and no food... who would you eat?" :lol: I was one of the few who readily chose cannibalism. Though, I must say that the stranger would get it before I would ever munch on my deceased loved one. :innocent:

Humans; The other white meat.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: It is not something myself or majority of people have ever thought of,but if it was a matter of survival who know's :wacko:

It was thought that if you ate the liver of your enemies you gained their strength.

WenDIgo!!!

Well it's just primal instinct isn't it i mean if you get put in a situation where your only chance of survival is to forget all that society has brainwashed you with such as ethics and morals. and then you live by the survival of the fittest rules it's technicaly perfectly natural. creepy huh?

I agree.

If anyone hasn't seen it, checkout the movie Lord Of The Flies, not exactly about Cannibalism but more of what happens to our human nature & our fight for survival when 'totally isolated stranded & up against the elements'.

No think about it for a minute Spook, you've eaten ®KFC's Chicken Nuggets...Now try ®KFH's Human Nuggets cooked with the Colonel's 11 secret herbs & spices mmmmm... :w00t:

linked-imagelinked-image

:huh::no::unsure: LOL!!! Not ever in this lifetime reb... I'll let you try em. Eewww!!!! Your crazy, I think

you hangin out with dem roo's too much. lol!

I'd eat human flesh if starving before I'd kill an animal I cared about. That was a big debate in my family one night..."If you were deserted in the cold with one of our dead bodies, a stranger, Gabriel (one of my most beloved cats), and no food... who would you eat?" :lol: I was one of the few who readily chose cannibalism. Though, I must say that the stranger would get it before I would ever munch on my deceased loved one. :innocent:

There is an old Chinese saying: When you starve with a tiger the tiger starves last!

Look at John Johnston better known to the Crow Indians as Liver eater Johnston. Ate the livers of the crow indians he killed

All I know is that if I'm starving along with you and you die first, you are getting eaten. Period. I have no qualms about saying I would definitely resort to cannabalism to survive. This topic was brought up in one of my psychology classes back in high school. I was one of the few students who admitted I would eat human flesh if starving. The other students asked how I could say that. My response was this: "You know how hungry, weak and almost desperately ravenous you feel when it's only been a few hours past meal time? How about when you've gone an entire day without eating? Now, imagine it's been days and days since you've eaten. Ol' Jimbo over there on his last leg is starting to look pretty tasty right about now, huh?"

It'd be like one of those Tom & Jerry cartoons where one looks at the other and all he sees is a hot dog or a juicy roast! :yes::w00t:

All I know is that if I'm starving along with you and you die first, you are getting eaten. Period. I have no qualms about saying I would definitely resort to cannabalism to survive. This topic was brought up in one of my psychology classes back in high school. I was one of the few students who admitted I would eat human flesh if starving. The other students asked how I could say that. My response was this: "You know how hungry, weak and almost desperately ravenous you feel when it's only been a few hours past meal time? How about when you've gone an entire day without eating? Now, imagine it's been days and days since you've eaten. Ol' Jimbo over there on his last leg is starting to look pretty tasty right about now, huh?"

It'd be like one of those Tom & Jerry cartoons where one looks at the other and all he sees is a hot dog or a juicy roast! :yes::w00t:

[/quote

You are so right Pandora. Food is Food

Meat is meat.

I have read how cannibals refer to humans as "Long Pigs" .

I have read how cannibals refer to humans as "Long Pigs" .

Pigme!

I promise not to squeel on you!

It's been said that if you eat the flesh of someone you gain thier knowledge and strength.

asumeing this is true......... who would you eat?

Inexperienced Cannibal

There was a Doctor named James McConnell doing research in the 50's and 60's who found that flatworms who were trained to move through a maze could be fed to other flat worms that had never run the maze resulting in cannibal flatworms inheriting the ability to navigate the maze whereas the control group of non-cannibal worms expressed the same inconsistent performance and needed time to 'learn'. This was big news back then, but has since been debunked. In other experiments, the results remained consistent with no transference of knowledge. To date, no one has been able to duplicate McConnell's findings in any species. McConnell Debunk

So it looks like the inherited traits side of cannibalism is a myth, and if you're going to eat the "Long Pork" then it's purely for the taste. The nutritional aspects would probably relegate cannibalism to survival, considering that the diseases that can be transferred through cannibalism are also extremely discouraging.

There are diseases transmitted solely or mostly through cannibalism, like Kuru, a deadly degenerative brain ailment in New Guinea, provoked by a prion like in the case of the mad cow disease, and is triggered only by the consumption of human flesh.

In all of the zombie movies don't they eat brains?

It's been said that if you eat the flesh of someone you gain thier knowledge and strength.

asumeing this is true......... who would you eat?

I would munch on some really smart woman, assuming she were willing!