Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Whitest place in UK?

keithisco

i remember when the left supported the working man.

Those were other days... the problem is that the working man is not needed in an automatized factory. But the government also fails to tell workers that they need to acquire other skills to keep working. In those countries were it is implemented most successfully, like Denmark, it is estimated that a worker needs to be trained in at least five different professions during his working life.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• questionmark

• keithisco

• stevewinn

• Bella-Angelique

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting topic, i guess the whitest town in the UK would have to be Brighton in sussex, this is generally as a result of liberal middle class & gay population in the area..

It is not only Spain, in Finland they are desperate for workers, to the point that the government is willing to pay for the language courses for anyone from the EU coming there.

True enough, we'll welcome workers here...it's just that people don't usually get too excited about the climate here, or the fact that for someone used to a consumption culture, Finland is pretty damn expensive. I think we're pretty much at the bottom of the EU when it comes to purchasing power parity index. Anyway, while we have quite a bit of unemployment, most of it is concentrated in the rural areas...the capital area is in dire need of workers! And to give some reasons to check the charming city of Helsinki, here's a recent review of some the pubs and clubs around my way :D : http://www.usatoday.com/travel/destination...nightlife_N.htm

True enough, we'll welcome workers here...it's just that people don't usually get too excited about the climate here, or the fact that for someone used to a consumption culture, Finland is pretty damn expensive. I think we're pretty much at the bottom of the EU when it comes to purchasing power parity index. Anyway, while we have quite a bit of unemployment, most of it is concentrated in the rural areas...the capital area is in dire need of workers!

Excellent news... I'm coming over. Although, if it's ok, I have a few minor conditions... nothing too heavy.

Ok, first off, can I have a flat? a council flat? so me and my friends can move in.

Also, can we all claim benefits? Don't worry we will work, well er as long as they're 'cash in hand' jobs.. ;) we don't really want to pay tax..

Oh and finally, I don't think we'd bother to learn Finnish.. No offense, but I think it's kind of 'racist' to impose your culture upon mine. B)

We live in a multi cultural society and must respect each other's diversity.

Newsnight had a similar story shown last night, i havent seen it yet but heres the link, i'll update my post after ive watched it its bound to be good because our mate Gaunty is on the show,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/nol/newsid_46...ars&bbcws=1

story kicks in at about the 7 min mark, finished watching that, i thought it was pretty good, what people were saying come as no surprise, because myself and others on here have been saying the same thing for months if not years,

****ing MP's havent got a clue,

Edited by stevewinn

Excellent news... I'm coming over. Although, if it's ok, I have a few minor conditions... nothing too heavy.

Ok, first off, can I have a flat? a council flat? so me and my friends can move in.

Also, can we all claim benefits? Don't worry we will work, well er as long as they're 'cash in hand' jobs.. ;) we don't really want to pay tax..

Oh and finally, I don't think we'd bother to learn Finnish.. No offense, but I think it's kind of 'racist' to impose your culture upon mine. B)

Hehe..nice one...but I believe that only works in the UK... I suggest you stay at home....

:lol: