Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

PSI 'balls'

Shadow Huntress

Ok- I was reading about PSI balls and got VERRRRY interested in them. I tried making one, and I think it worked 'coz I could see all these tiny white...i dunno they were almost like dust particles zapping around. Anyway, I couldn't make a ball, but I put my thumb between my clasped hands and made a silver/white 'thread' almost like a spiders web- totally awsome. It bent in and out and wouldn't do what I wanted it to do. Was it some kind of PSI spider web? Any tips on making a coloured PSI 'form'? No skeptical comments PLEEEASE!, 'coz if I onyl had a camera you would see I'm not bull****ing.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eight bits

• Papaver

• bleedingelite

• Shadow Huntress

if I onyl had a camera you would see I'm not bull****ing

So, get a camera.

But while you are waiting, everyone who can see can see little white grains floating around. I can also "fill" the gap between my thumb and forefinger, when they are held against a uniform off-white background, but nothing thread-like. Then again, I didn't try very hard.

You are on the cusp of a potentially great adventure, learning how your perceptual apparatus actually works. Consider the possibility that it is the salespeople of psi-toys and comic books who are lying, rather than the nameless, faceless "skeptics" whose only disqualification is that they have been around the track once or twice more often than you have.

No skeptical comments PLEEEASE!

I'm afraid that is not up to you to decide. Whilst I'm aware of this term being overused, there's this thing called "Free Speech" on a public forum.

Oh, Papaver, she said please. Well, PLEEEASE, but close enough, and more than we usually get from those who don't want to hear what they already know is true.

Ok- I was reading about PSI balls and got VERRRRY interested in them. I tried making one, and I think it worked 'coz I could see all these tiny white...i dunno they were almost like dust particles zapping around. Anyway, I couldn't make a ball, but I put my thumb between my clasped hands and made a silver/white 'thread' almost like a spiders web- totally awsome. It bent in and out and wouldn't do what I wanted it to do. Was it some kind of PSI spider web? Any tips on making a coloured PSI 'form'? No skeptical comments PLEEEASE!, 'coz if I onyl had a camera you would see I'm not bull****ing.

I got the same results when I began to successfully take the first steps in making psi balls. I can pretty much conjure one in half a second, albeit weak, but still a psi ball, nonetheless.

Yes, the silver threading and those white particles are a positive sign. Not sure if you know yet, but you can, with the proper mental pattern, create it in different colors, sizes and masses, and moreover create them powerful enough to cause heat blisters on your hands. And if you get skilled enough, you can give a degree of programmed sentience to the psi balls, sending them on a particular task with a particular detail in mind. For instance... finding someone. The ball could find someone of note for you. Take it another step further, and the psi ball could not only find that person for you, but tell you their current emotional state. Take it another step further, and the psi ball will do that and perhaps extract a piece of readied knowledge by the receiver of the psi ball before returning to its owner and handing the information to that person; a way of telepathy, if you will. Take it another step further, and you might just make the ball take a human form, appearing before the receiver and doing all I noted above while additionally handing the receiver some info that you want to tell them of. It's entirely possible.

Do real research and you will see they don't exist. Sorry to bring you down.

Ya great. Where to start?

By going to see a psychiatrist?

Alright, let's cool off. There's no need to carry the other debate into this thread.

Ha, yea, blled is right...We had like a 15 page long thread on this before...No need to try now...And whoever started this PM me, I can give you tips...

It's OK- I saw a pyschiatrist for a few years previously, so we all know I'm not crazy (well I do, you may not believe I actually saw him- Dr. Wakefield is his name, if you want to research him- don't know how lucky you'd be, though)

Woooooooooooooooooow...that sounds really cool. When i make psi balls, i can't see them, i can only feel them, which makes me seem a bit crazy, but i don't mind, i doubt i'll ever meet you guys so i don't mind taking abuse.

Best Wishes, and good luck, AoM xx

tried making one, and I think it worked 'coz I could see all these tiny white...i dunno they were almost like dust particles zapping around.

My point is probably just going to be brushed to the side by believers, but do you see these same tiny white "dust particles" flying around when you stand outside and look at a bright sky?

What you describe sounds very reminiscent of what is called blue field entoptic phenomenon (or Scheerer's phenomenon). How do I know about this wacky stuff? I've suffered from chronic migraines for close to four years now and I see this stuff all over the place--outside, inside, lighted environments, dark environments.

The little white specks are the white blood cells traveling over the surface of your eye. Honestly, if you are focusing on a single area of space for a long period of time, your vision will defocus after awhile. Some people are more susceptible to seeing this stuff, as I am.

I don't normally quote Wiki, but their description is concise:

The blue field entoptic phenomenon or Scheerer's phenomenon is the appearance of tiny bright dots moving quickly along squiggly lines in the visual field, especially when looking into blue light (such as the sky).[1] This is a normal effect that can be perceived by almost everybody. The dots are due to the white blood cells that move in the capillaries in front of the retina of the eye, near the macula.[2]

Blue light (optimal wavelength: 430 nm) is well absorbed by the red blood cells that fill the capillaries. The brain "edits out" the dark lines that would result from this absorption. The white blood cells, which are much rarer than the red ones and do not absorb the blue light well, create gaps in the blood column, and these gaps appear as bright dots. They won't appear at the very center of the visual field, because there are no blood vessels in the fovea. The effect is rather weak, and many people don't notice it at all. It is strongest when looking at a smooth blue surface.

Are these things related to something that I see myself that I beleive are called "Floaters"?

They are tissue particles actually floating around inside the eyeball. I can spot them best when looking at a bright uniform colour like the sky or a white wall. They appear as strands or little bubbles. Sometimes they shoot around when I move my eyes.

I'm sure this is what many people are seeing when they are staring at their balls. (LOL)

Here's a description of how they usually appear to people and what they are all about.

Floaters aren't noticeable all the time. When your eye is still or you are gazing into space, you may see them drift slowly across your vision. When you move your eye to look in different directions, floaters tend to move quickly. They don't follow your eye movement precisely and seem to dart away as you try to look at them.

Floaters may appear as dots, circles, lines, cobwebs or other shapes. They are usually grey and semi-transparent. Most floaters are small and quickly move out of your field of vision.

Here is a link to the British National Health Service websibe with an article on them.

http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/articles/artic...amp;sectionId=1

Here's a description of how they usually appear to people and what they are all about.

Floaters aren't noticeable all the time. When your eye is still or you are gazing into space, you may see them drift slowly across your vision. When you move your eye to look in different directions, floaters tend to move quickly. They don't follow your eye movement precisely and seem to dart away as you try to look at them.

Floaters may appear as dots, circles, lines, cobwebs or other shapes. They are usually grey and semi-transparent. Most floaters are small and quickly move out of your field of vision.

Here is a link to the British National Health Service websibe with an article on them.

http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/articles/artic...amp;sectionId=1

They are not the same, but they may appear similar. Floaters are made up of broken down tissue. They tend to move with the eye, as you stated, and generally appear in the same area of vision, though they do "float."

Blue field entoptic phenomenon, on the other hand, is different in that all these lights follow squiggly paths across the eye--some paths run horizontal, some vertical, some diagonal. It really can come to look like a grid.

So, yeah, it could be floaters, but with floaters you usually only have one object in your vision--or more if you have more floaters, but they don't necessarily follow each other along paths; if you stopped moving your eyes they should settle. With blue field entoptic phenomenon, because it is actually white blood cells you are seeing, even if you don't move your eyes you will see pronounced movement as the cells follow one another along specific, squiggly paths along the surface of your eye.

The two do get confused much :)

Well, floaters are pathological (although only "seriously" so in a tiny fraction of cases).

Scheerer's is normal. Although doubtless if any of us were God, we would have done it differently, much of the blood vesel support which keeps the retina alive is between it and the lens.

And neither is a hallucination - what you see is really there.

But if you want a bit of hallucination, it's not too hard. What you experience visually is already almost a hallucination, but one that happens to get it right most of the time.

At any given moment, the signal being piped down your optic nerve is a witch's brew of actual scene, haphazardly registered afterimages, neurons misfiring for no particular reason, neurons firing to encode visual features in special ways, ... a noisy signal, or signally noise.

And then, supplied with this bundle of misinformation, your brain goes to work and creates a stable visual world, with color, detail throughout the scene, movement (usually) well depicted, your own movements duly edited out, etc., in something respectably like real time.

Want to see something different, then? The relationship between what you experience and what the eye reports is so tenuous anyway, misperception is like shooting fish in a barrel. Just look at anything for a while with what would be modestly rude stare. Don't blink too much, or else blink way too much.

The scene destabilizes, because the processing machinery starts slipping. You can get granules, threads, tubes, afterimage persistence, all kinds of vaguely weird stuff.

A child could do it.

In a manner of speaking, of course.

• 2 weeks later...

That's not what they're like at all. They're like miniscule white dots that zap around everywhere, bouncing off objects and they don't come in and out of my vision, they've always been there (and don't say it's my eyesight now, because I've got perfect eyesight). There's more of them around plants and humans and stuff.

Hi, Shadow Huntress.

and don't say it's my eyesight now, because I've got perfect eyesight

Then you do not have floaters, since they are a pathological condition.

What you report sounds like you see some of the bloodflow which supports the retina. That is normal. Scheerer's makes the phenomenon compelling, but the bloodflow itself is always there to be seen.

The visual noise appears to be "around" objects probably because you are "looking at" the objects, rather than the space around them. There is no obstructive vasculature in the small region of the retina (the fovea) we use to "look at" something.

People differ considerably in how much they "clean up" their raw visual input when creating the visual scene. Many people simply ignore the raw input and attend to the scene. For example, few people notice routine eyeblinking, or blurring during the larger saccades (lurches of the eyeball from one place to another), or that most of the visual field is out of focus when they look at one specific thing.

You, apparently, like a little visual noise around your objects. No worry.

Well, floaters are pathological (although only "seriously" so in a tiny fraction of cases).

Scheerer's is normal. Although doubtless if any of us were God, we would have done it differently, much of the blood vesel support which keeps the retina alive is between it and the lens.

And neither is a hallucination - what you see is really there.

But if you want a bit of hallucination, it's not too hard. What you experience visually is already almost a hallucination, but one that happens to get it right most of the time.

At any given moment, the signal being piped down your optic nerve is a witch's brew of actual scene, haphazardly registered afterimages, neurons misfiring for no particular reason, neurons firing to encode visual features in special ways, ... a noisy signal, or signally noise.

And then, supplied with this bundle of misinformation, your brain goes to work and creates a stable visual world, with color, detail throughout the scene, movement (usually) well depicted, your own movements duly edited out, etc., in something respectably like real time.

Want to see something different, then? The relationship between what you experience and what the eye reports is so tenuous anyway, misperception is like shooting fish in a barrel. Just look at anything for a while with what would be modestly rude stare. Don't blink too much, or else blink way too much.

The scene destabilizes, because the processing machinery starts slipping. You can get granules, threads, tubes, afterimage persistence, all kinds of vaguely weird stuff.

A child could do it.

In a manner of speaking, of course.

So, basically, everything we see with our eyes is suspect to begin with?

So, basically, everything we see with our eyes is suspect to begin with?

Yes, but "suspect" is a little bit strong.

Think of it like a "docudrama." What you're seeing is intended to be "just like" the real events, except when the producers get it wrong. Some producers get it wrong more often than others, and every producer makes some mistakes now and then.

Yes, but "suspect" is a little bit strong.

Think of it like a "docudrama." What you're seeing is intended to be "just like" the real events, except when the producers get it wrong. Some producers get it wrong more often than others, and every producer makes some mistakes now and then.

Sweet, so there's a little blinking "Dramatization" at the bottom of my field of vision.

I used to think about this:

vision - Light takes time to travel to your eyes and be processed by your optic nerve.

Touch - the electrical impulses take time to travel through your nervous system

Smell - aromas travel much more slowly than light

Taste - must be processed by taste buds

Hearing - Soundwaves must travel to your ear, speed of sound is slower than light

So, basically, our sensory input is at any one instant composed of 5 very recent points in the past. So that means that the reality which we interpret through our senses isn't really reality, or something. Right?