Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Your idea of heaven

itsnotoutthere

A simple question to all those out there that believe in an eternity in heaven after death. What do you believe we do in heaven for the rest of eternity?

I personally find the concept of heaven ridiculous. A lot of people want heaven to be a place where you meet up with long lost loved ones in idilic surroundings. I don't know about you but having the in-laws & family over for christmas lunch is nice but starts to wear thin after about 6 or 7 hours. What could you possibly do for eternity that would keep you wanting to get up in the morning?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• itsnotoutthere

• Beckys_Mom

• Lt_Ripley

• WalkingWithFire

Heaven a place that you always DREAMED of..to be with people that YOU adored...not the inlaws you couldnt stand..but with those you actually longed to be with

no sadness...no death..no hurting...no fear..just as you wished it to be

BUT if it dont exist..sod it..i'll be dead and I wont know ...BAH!

Heaven a place that you always DREAMED of..to be with people that YOU adored...not the inlaws you couldnt stand..but with those you actually longed to be with

no sadness...no death..no hurting...no fear..just as you wished it to be

BUT if it dont exist..sod it..i'll be dead and I wont know ...BAH!

I know i know, but you get my point right. The idea of doing even the thing you love most 'FOR ALL ETERNITY' is going to get boring at some stage. I like going on holiday on a golden sandy beach doing nothing & just relaxing, but by half way through the second week i'm looking forward to going home. Surely it is lifes 'lows' that make you appreciate & enjoy lifes 'highs'

I can't help thinking that if heaven existed then the people that inhabited it would eventually turn into the Eloi from H.G.Wells the time machine.

p.s.

''As he explores this landscape, the Time Traveller comments on the factors that have resulted in the Eloi's physical condition and society. He supposes that the lack of intelligence and vitality of the Eloi are the logical result of humankind's past struggle to transform and subjugate nature through technology, politics, art and creativity. With the realisation of this goal, the Eloi had devolved.

With no further need for technology and agriculture and innovations to improve life, they became unimaginative and incurious about the world. With no work to do, they became physically weak and small in stature. Males, generally being breadwinners and workers in former times, have particularly degenerated in physique, explaining the lack of dimorphism between the sexes. The Time Traveller supposes that preventive medicine has been achieved, as he saw no sign of disease amongst his hosts. With no work to do and no hardships to overcome, society became non-hierarchical and non-cooperative, with no defined leaders or social classes.

The fact that there was no hardship or inequalities in societies meant there was no war and crime. Art and sophisticated culture, often driven by problems and aspirations or a catalyst for solutions and new developments, had waned, as no problems existed and there were no conceivable improvements for humanity. He accounted for their relatively small numbers as being due to the implementation of some form of birth control to eliminate the problems of overpopulation. The abandoned structures around him would suggest that prior to these achievements, the population had been larger and more productive, toiling to find the solution that would make the new utopia a reality''

part of synopsis to 'The Time Machine'

I know i know, but you get my point right. The idea of doing even the thing you love most 'FOR ALL ETERNITY' is going to get boring at some stage. I like going on holiday on a golden sandy beach doing nothing & just relaxing, but by half way through the second week i'm looking forward to going home. Surely it is lifes 'lows' that make you appreciate & enjoy lifes 'highs'

I can't help thinking that if heaven existed then the people that inhabited it would eventually turn into the Eloi from H.G.Wells the time machine.

What if you never felt bored?

What if your idea of heaven consisted of things you only liked that you could never grow tired of? And the fact you could look forward to new things..like other loved ones you had hoped to see finially making it up there with you? of course that will take time..but you have to wait right?

What if you found more and more interesting things that you once forgot about while you walked the earth?

BUT what about reality? and the reality is..you die..end off..game over..thats it..good night ..lights out..<---something tells me thats closer to the truth

but hey one can only dream right?? everyones dreams differ right?

What if you wanted to discover new exciting worlds?? if you think the unverse is never ending...how long would it take you to travel all over and make new discoveries?

What if you never felt bored?

What if your idea of heaven consisted of things you only liked that you could never grow tired of? And the fact you could look forward to new things..like other loved ones you had hoped to see finially making it up there with you? of course that will take time..but you have to wait right?

What if you found more and more interesting things that you once forgot about while you walked the earth?

BUT what about reality? and the reality is..you die..end off..game over..thats it..good night ..lights out..<---something tells me thats closer to the truth

but hey one can only dream right?? everyones dreams differ right?

What if you wanted to discover new exciting worlds?? if you think the unverse is never ending...how long would it take you to travel all over and make new discoveries?

Well we're together on that.

I view heaven as a place where everybody loves one another. There's no evil, no sin. Just lots of love. Everybody has a warm feeling inside of them all the time. People don't have to eat or sleep because they have spiritual bodies, but they can if they want to. Our senses are keener. Things smell and taste better. There is no sickness or disease. Everybody is friendly. There is no marriage in heaven, but I believe there are still relationships. I also believe that a lot of heaven will be what we make it, because God tells us all things are possible with Him. I think in heaven God makes many things possible for us that we people typically think are impossible. People will fly, people will walk on water, people will always love one another. We'll always be connected to God, and the joy and happiness will never end. That's what I believe heaven will be like.

A chemically induced hallucination triggered by the ceasing of all major brain functions.

Well, it beats the other theories.

Heaven is when the good Angels come with God and take people to the other world or other place

when you wont have to be in replace of this earths ghostly spirits that wonder the relms of reality

no more pain no more hunger no more violence

senses beyond the ones we feel here meaning sex is more pleasurable than here and feelings are more bigger and forgiveness is the way to heal an enemy

Edited by Tattpttos

Ever seen the movie "What Dreams May Come"? Thats the type of heaven I want. Pretty much whatever you want to happen, will happen. I sometimes think heaven is whatever you want it to be.

Ever seen the movie "What Dreams May Come"? Thats the type of heaven I want. Pretty much whatever you want to happen, will happen. I sometimes think heaven is whatever you want it to be.

I think a lot of it will be, without the evil.

A simple question to all those out there that believe in an eternity in heaven after death. What do you believe we do in heaven for the rest of eternity?

I personally find the concept of heaven ridiculous. A lot of people want heaven to be a place where you meet up with long lost loved ones in idilic surroundings. I don't know about you but having the in-laws & family over for christmas lunch is nice but starts to wear thin after about 6 or 7 hours. What could you possibly do for eternity that would keep you wanting to get up in the morning?

cheesecake and whippedcream :lol:

................<<>> Heaven is a place of perfect beauty. Look at the beauties God has placed in this world-delicate flowers, rose-tinted clouds, multicolored rainbows, billowing waterfalls, burning suns setting over glimmering seas. Then try multiply them a million times, and you may get an inkling of the beauties of heaven. Heaven is a place of perfect joy. No sickness,no sorrow, no pain are there. God wipes away all tears. Heaven is a place of everlasting life. Nobody grows old. Nothing decays. After a thousand centuries all will still be young and fresh. In heaven we can sit with Noah and Abraham, with Elijah, with Job and Mary and Paul and talk. We can converse with Jesus. Heaven is a place of perfect righteousness. No sin can enter there. The devil cannot tempt the saints. No liars or thieves or drunkards are there. We shall walk eternally without once hearing a profane word or seeing a suggestive scene. No jealousy or hatred, no gossip or graft or pettiness will pollute the atmosphere. Peace will prevail. This is my opinion of what heaven may be like..................Joey.

the idea of heaven (and hell) is i think one of the firs things which made me highly dubious of religion.

its almost an insult to our intelligence, do good and look at this place.. its just amazing.. nothing bad.. all love.. gold streets omgz its the best ever.. for eternity yay

and hell

do bad.. your there for ever.. gnashing teeth eternal fire homo sexuals hoooweeee

its pathetic, its just such an obvious controlling technique a alcoholic father would use on the children of of his defacto.

yuck

but anyway, if there is something after a physical death i indeed believe it would be more like becoming apart of everything, bcoming a part of collective consciousness of the universe.... i d unno either but it sounds good.

it would perhaps be your choice which energy you would associate yourself with

wether you dwell in "good" or "evil"

who knows

I view heaven as a place where everybody loves one another. There's no evil, no sin. Just lots of love. Everybody has a warm feeling inside of them all the time. People don't have to eat or sleep because they have spiritual bodies, but they can if they want to. Our senses are keener. Things smell and taste better. There is no sickness or disease. Everybody is friendly. There is no marriage in heaven, but I believe there are still relationships. I also believe that a lot of heaven will be what we make it, because God tells us all things are possible with Him. I think in heaven God makes many things possible for us that we people typically think are impossible. People will fly, people will walk on water, people will always love one another. We'll always be connected to God, and the joy and happiness will never end. That's what I believe heaven will be like.

So no sex? :(

'heaven' is the return of all souls or energy back to that which makes up God. none excluded.

what happens 'there' ? no clue. maybe a party ?

My ideal is to do and see and ask all I want .

Edited by Lt_Ripley

Heaven is like the highest possible thing out of everything good i would imagine. And it rly doesn't matter of how long you do anything because in eternity there is no sense of time. i'd like... just sit on a beach sipping a never ending juicey for a few thousand years :)

Your idea of heaven; Tamasopo Mexico.

linked-image

Planning(?) to get there asap...

That is one of my favorite movies of all time. I get all teary every time I watch it :P.

That is one of my favorite movies of all time. I get all teary every time I watch it :P.

oh me too !!! I'm getting a little misty thinking of it and I must have seen it a half dozen times. :cry:

I don't believe in heaven, but I think I'd rather wake up in a room with no windows or doors than die and not exist. At least I can still think and experience.... Not much to experience though. xD! I just hate the idea of having nothingness after death.

When people say that heaven is a place were you can have everything you want at any time and consider that to eventually become a hell of boredom dont consider that your appetites might be unsatiable. You may enjoy all and everything all the time and never become bored.

Still though i dont think people would want that. They would probably want what they have always dreamed of as the perfect life. And everyones vision of that is different. I dont think there are many who would want anything bad. If there were then that's when Hell would actually exist, being a place were people want to go.

I don't believe in heaven, but I think I'd rather wake up in a room with no windows or doors than die and not exist. At least I can still think and experience.... Not much to experience though. xD! I just hate the idea of having nothingness after death.

Ooooh that sounds like hell to me!

Peoples ideas of heaven always sound very innocent and childlike in a way. Nice though.

When people say that heaven is a place were you can have everything you want at any time and consider that to eventually become a hell of boredom dont consider that your appetites might be unsatiable. You may enjoy all and everything all the time and never become bored.

Still though i dont think people would want that. They would probably want what they have always dreamed of as the perfect life. And everyones vision of that is different. I dont think there are many who would want anything bad. If there were then that's when Hell would actually exist, being a place were people want to go.

I don't see how it would be boring at all. like no sense of tim so you won't wear out fun, and you can do like... whatever! (within the rules :P)

So you go with the hollywood version.