Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Your idea of heaven

itsnotoutthere

I view heaven as a place where everybody loves one another. There's no evil, no sin. Just lots of love. Everybody has a warm feeling inside of them all the time. People don't have to eat or sleep because they have spiritual bodies, but they can if they want to. Our senses are keener. Things smell and taste better. There is no sickness or disease. Everybody is friendly. There is no marriage in heaven, but I believe there are still relationships. I also believe that a lot of heaven will be what we make it, because God tells us all things are possible with Him. I think in heaven God makes many things possible for us that we people typically think are impossible. People will fly, people will walk on water, people will always love one another. We'll always be connected to God, and the joy and happiness will never end. That's what I believe heaven will be like.

''With no further need for technology and agriculture and innovations to improve life, they became unimaginative and incurious about the world. With no work to do, they became physically weak and small in stature. Males, generally being breadwinners and workers in former times, have particularly degenerated in physique, explaining the lack of dimorphism between the sexes. The Time Traveller supposes that preventive medicine has been achieved, as he saw no sign of disease amongst his hosts. With no work to do and no hardships to overcome, society became non-hierarchical and non-cooperative, with no defined leaders or social classes.''

from 'THE TIME MACHINE'' H.G.Wells.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• itsnotoutthere

• Beckys_Mom

• Lt_Ripley

• WalkingWithFire

''With no further need for technology and agriculture and innovations to improve life, they became unimaginative and incurious about the world. With no work to do, they became physically weak and small in stature. Males, generally being breadwinners and workers in former times, have particularly degenerated in physique, explaining the lack of dimorphism between the sexes. The Time Traveller supposes that preventive medicine has been achieved, as he saw no sign of disease amongst his hosts. With no work to do and no hardships to overcome, society became non-hierarchical and non-cooperative, with no defined leaders or social classes.''

from 'THE TIME MACHINE'' H.G.Wells.

Indeed. Excellent point. This deepens the mystery of Heaven if there is a Heaven.

Heaven a place that you always DREAMED of..to be with people that YOU adored...not the inlaws you couldnt stand..but with those you actually longed to be with

no sadness...no death..no hurting...no fear..just as you wished it to be

BUT if it dont exist..sod it..i'll be dead and I wont know ...BAH!

Damn, I couldn't have said it better! If there is a heaven, and I were to go there after death, then I would have the time of my death.

If there's no life after death, then who gives a ****?

I don't believe in heaven, but I think I'd rather wake up in a room with no windows or doors than die and not exist. At least I can still think and experience.... Not much to experience though. xD! I just hate the idea of having nothingness after death.

That's why man invented the afterlife and heaven because they just can't get their head around the idea of nothingness but alas ,that's all there is

fullywired

That's why man invented the afterlife and heaven because they just can't get their head around the idea of nothingness but alas ,that's all there is

fullywired

ditto :yes:

fullywired

ah but no one really knows until after they have died . so honestly it's a 50/50 shot .

ah but no one really knows until after they have died . so honestly it's a 50/50 shot .

Fancy wasting all your earthly life trying to obtain something in "perhaps " a non existent "paradise" I prefer better odds ,All that time on your knees for naught ,all that guilt luggage you have carried throughout your life ,for what ? we don't Know!!

fullywired

Fancy wasting all your earthly life trying to obtain something in "perhaps " a non existent "paradise" I prefer better odds ,All that time on your knees for naught ,all that guilt luggage you have carried throughout your life ,for what ? we don't Know!!

fullywired

ah but my dear , I don't pray on my knees in some church. My prayer is nothing more than having a conversation say over coffee in the morning. a quick meditation of the day.

since I believe all goes according to plan why should I feel guilt ? ( of course if my 'plan' was to feel guilt over an event or in general I guess that is where I would be ) Sometimes I think I can do better and may feel a twinge , like in caring for my gran , but it is what it is . But Religious guilt ? I have none.

I don't belong to any religion. nor do I have to waste any time trying to obtain something that is already mine.

ah but my dear , I don't pray on my knees in some church. My prayer is nothing more than having a conversation say over coffee in the morning. a quick meditation of the day.

since I believe all goes according to plan why should I feel guilt ? ( of course if my 'plan' was to feel guilt over an event or in general I guess that is where I would be ) Sometimes I think I can do better and may feel a twinge , like in caring for my gran , but it is what it is . But Religious guilt ? I have none.

I don't belong to any religion. nor do I have to waste any time trying to obtain something that is already mine.

You will have to read my post like the bible (not to be taken literally )but metaphoriically

fullywired :D

I personally find the concept of heaven ridiculous

If you personally find the idea of heaven ridiculous, then why would you want to know what it would be like? Why start a thread on the topic of something you don't think exists? Just curious.

heaven,,,,well since living people cant see it, i have one one word which could be called synonym of HEAVEN and thats PERFECTION..well read this in a book,,and i quite agree with the fact!

If you personally find the idea of heaven ridiculous, then why would you want to know what it would be like? Why start a thread on the topic of something you don't think exists? Just curious.

He started the thread to see how the rest saw heaven

that's the idea

I believe there will be a new earth created as well too.

Heaven COULD be the NEW improved earth??