Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Everyone has a bit of physchic in them?

Orcseeker

You know when you're watching one of those numbered ball advertisements on tv and that you try to guess which number comes up. I have experienced when thinking what the numbers would be, they pass through really quickly through your mind while you are thinking of a number. While I was watching the number show I had the thought of which ball would come out and the first number I could think of without thinking came up. The number was selected from the ball bucket. Has anyone had this experience before? It was not a fluke as I have done this multiple times and its not easy.

• Like 1

This sort of thing is not uncommon to those who are a bit psychic.

As for everyone, that is questionable. I'm surprised nobody has told you how completely un-psychic they are (along with everyone else in their world)

Personally, I believe everyone has psychic potential, but like anything else, developing this skill takes practice.

I think there are lot of people that WANT to believe this. If you believe long enough, you will think it is real wheter it is or isn't.

I used to think this was a bunch of bull. Wiser now I think it is possible. Last month I was getting home from work and a christmas song (deck the halls) started going off in my head. I was like "what the" could not understand it at all. Later that night I was watching television and during a commercial I had never seen that song started playing. These things have happened quiet often. I do not believe that I am psycic "more of a psycho" but illogical things tend to poke me in my forehead.

You know when you're watching one of those numbered ball advertisements on tv and that you try to guess which number comes up. I have experienced when thinking what the numbers would be, they pass through really quickly through your mind while you are thinking of a number. While I was watching the number show I had the thought of which ball would come out and the first number I could think of without thinking came up. The number was selected from the ball bucket. Has anyone had this experience before? It was not a fluke as I have done this multiple times and its not easy.

Yea, everyone has a bit of "psychic" in em...But you have to usually work at it to develop it...The ones who usually end up having them for life though, are the ones who find out about it from personal experience(like yours) and work at it....I do believe some people are better for it than others...And some not meant for it at all...But we do all have, to some extent, psychic in us...

Everyone is right.

I think there are lot of people that WANT to believe this. If you believe long enough, you will think it is real wheter it is or isn't.

This is true for anything, including disbelief.

dig this

We have at this point proven that a good deal of what has been previously considered 'empirical knowledge' is indeed false.

Logically there are flaws in what we now consider irrefutable,

So what is real- That which can be proven?

The closest thing to proof is belief through personal experience, since somebody elses word based on their proof can turn out to be absolutely untrue.

Therefore, life is what you make it, and what is real is actually relative to the beholder.

Belief is Proof is Reality

So who is misled, those who learn from the heart or those who learn from a book?

Everyone is right.

This is true for anything, including disbelief.

dig this

We have at this point proven that a good deal of what has been previously considered 'empirical knowledge' is indeed false.

Logically there are flaws in what we now consider irrefutable,

So what is real- That which can be proven?

The closest thing to proof is belief through personal experience, since somebody elses word based on their proof can turn out to be absolutely untrue.

Therefore, life is what you make it, and what is real is actually relative to the beholder.

Belief is Proof is Reality

So who is misled, those who learn from the heart or those who learn from a book?

I have been on both sides. For about 10 years I belived in this stuff. I researched, tried, etc. Nothing, nor is there any real science to back it up.

psychic i don't believe in per se. I do believe that a part of our mind taps into things and is explained as coincidence (which is to watered down for my taste_and psychic (which is to thick for my taste) like when you have a conversation with someone while a television is on and you say the same sentence at the same time as someone on tv. once ok coinkydink, but several times that makes me question things. or when you only cough or sneeze when someone else coughs or sneezes...again what is going on with that.

what somekindlunatic says everyone is psychic, if you choose to develop them you can get better and better.

I wouldnt say I am insane, im just feeling a bit murderous at the moment.

Edited by Orcseeker

Its quite simple. When you deny that your dreams are just as real as your waking life, you have completely lost half of your "life" and thus experiences.

When your dreams are a passing moment, and you cant remember them you were then not very conscious at the time, thus when waking you were not conscious.

The balance however, "sleeping" consciously induces the most unimaginably powerful spiritual experiences(for better or for worse), and reasserts to you that there is a universal consciousness that you are also a part of, and that you are in no way seperate from it no matter how you choose to perceive it. Just as your body is made up of trillions of cells, doing trillions of things simultaneously, unaware of the collective(or is it? possibly only the "conscious" mind these days closes out the idea of a collective mind, ironically probably because it is part of a collective that collectively deny it... rofl)

Think about it for a second, all living things are already made up of smaller living components, and i do not believe for a second that there is such a thing as an "inanimate" object. Most people see the earth as a giant dead rock, or mountains as just dead rocks. Truly, it shows all the signs of life, you just cant see it because it is a very slow process. We are simply the smaller living components of the earth, however for some reason we are not in connection with it AT ALL! This should be alarming to you considering we WILL kill this planet at the current going rate.

When the ocean's salt water doesn't heal your wounds like it should is when we are in for trouble.

I wake board around a tourist island, complete with sand beaches(on a coral island) from texas. the reef is dying, the water is not naturally cleaned enough with oxygenation from waves, and corporate dumping of 600+ hotels/200+ bars/bad waste management in general and everything else that goes along with the "tourist" industry. These people have denied themselves the reality of their dreams, and have forgotten that they even had just as much a purpose there as they do in the physical world.

I hope im not upsetting the forum guidelines with this one, but as far as metaphysical experiences being induced by drugs, it has been done for ages.

This is completely different from the "drugs" of today, these were simply constituents of plants. The Datura family of trumpet flowers has an extremely peculiar effect.

It was used by Native Americans(ya'know the ones that were slaughtered in the holocaust they dont talk about?) to achieve a dream like state within the waking state, and as i said above this is an extremely powerful mindset to be in, without the use of "drugs" it is indefinitely more powerful still.

The problem lies with how people perceive reality these days, with the advent of "technology" we have somehow been convinced we are an "advanced" race. Even though this is idiocy because there is nothing to compare to but ourselves. With a relative understanding of another "race" how can anyone say there are better than everyone else... well, if there isn't anyone else your only "better" than yourself in the end. With that you can see how people would be convinced we are acceling at a faster rate than previously, and thus "evolving" or something. But, when you look at history(especially that 300 year period when NOTHING happened under the rule of the catholic church known as the "dark ages") Man makes leaps and bounds, because he is too afraid to just walk most of the time he just stands still. Tesla is a perfect example of this, as are many others.

Why does man stand still so often? Because he is caught up in the "material" world. By this i mean somehow, someone convinced vast amounts of people to NOT make their own living from the land, to live within parameters where housing, food, clothes, blah blah blah are provided through work to the housekeeper, this is slavery.

Even ancient Egypt had slaves, so the idea is very old, and very "written in stone" as it were on Man's soul.

Recently however, in the world we currently live in, everything superficial seems to be more emphasized than what is beneath the surface. Money is being made at the expense of almost the entire world, and rules are set in place and agreed to that have nothing to do with natural law.

Why does everyone agree for instance that the "real" world should consist of a sort of sink or swim mentality. After 12 years of school you are expected to go to college(so you can have the "education" to have a well paying job) or get a job in order to support yourself. Starting out from the bottom, you practically have no chance.

you will get a paycheck, pay your rent/food/electricity/water/other bills and have nothing left, and then you might move on or starve until you get in a good position.

Even if you work in the food industry you usually have to spend the same money you made working on that food, giving it back to the same machine...

At some point you may end up on the street, or worse, give up. When you are young you have all the time in the world to be creative, in the "real" world you are a slave to a higher human power that wants you to work constantly. Self expression is frowned upon and its all down hill from there. Without self expression you start to identify with what you see in order to feel better about it, thus the system gets you yet again with its umbrella where this idea is upheld. Its what the system is based on so why wouldn't it be?

It is your life energy you are giving away when you walk into work that does not pay you enough to live off of, money is your life energy. Or atleast what the "real" world attributes to life energy. The truth is so far away from this it almost defies the imagination, you come into the world alone, you will leave the world alone. You are never more than your body, mind, and actions. The love of money is the root of all evil is stated in the bible, im not a christian, nor do i endorse organized religion, but i do know the bible to be very meaningful if its stories are viewed as a metaphor rather than a literal story. Greed then, is what we are talking about, and it is ridiculous what people will do for it. Greed is practically the moto of the industry... it brings you clothes, equipment, electronics, all from slaves in third world countries. Why? because they are greedy and it is cheaper to have it mass produced by the hands of some thousands of people working ungodly hours day in day out then ship it and pay that.

So with this in mind, back to why people arent "psychic", the answer is because they buy into a system(the mindset) that material possessions are what counts(your car, your clothes, whatever), and they are constantly advertised to that "this is what will make you cool" or some egotistical BS, meanwhile the stupid $200 shoe you accidentally skuffed(made by a slave), provokes anger from the person who bought it "to be cool" After falling into the advertisment.

This in itself is a spiritual sin, and that goes for "bling" its shiny! and "worth alot!" WOW! And everything else based in this unreal "real" world.

This is why most people don't believe, even though the simple fact remains massive physical and emotional health or damage amounts from intense dreams, because they are experiences. Most people also think that dreams are made of memories of events being hashed together by the unconscious mind, this is correct, it is your unconscious mind figuring things out on its own to make sense of the world. It cannot be used or accessed however without the suspension of judgment that deems it "impossible", however, it is because of your conscious mind putting up that road block built into society. The conscious mind is highly fallible because it is encouraged to rely on "rules" set from somewhere outside of itself, thus, by identifying with these rules the loss of the unconscious mind further helps to VALIDATE those rules set in place. Its the same as a religion, an upheld ideal of "truth" from an outside source.

there is a way to see for yourself how easy it is to experience an intense dream(reality), i guess i figured this out myself, as i have not found it anywhere else. Please feel free to take anything i have said here and reproduce it, money is not worth anything, and everything i am saying here has been said for a long time, noone was listening however.

Before you go to sleep, lay on your back and invoke any response you can from your various senses, sight is actually the least important. sound is very important, but feeling is the most important.

What you must realize is that at any given time of any given day you can literally be anywhere you want, and with enough conscious "tuning" you can even be at any place at any time, but, forget that for the moment and concentrate on creating your "own world" however you see fit.

Start small, maybe a nice little Japanese garden complete with bridge and stone walkways or something, dont get too carried away with what you see however, that is how you get into the mess of over complication with what is seen. Fresh flowing water should be heard and smelt, the sounds of natural life(birds, bugs, wind) should be surrounding you and maybe your skin feels just a bit cold, from the crisp fresh air.

That is just an example, but, if YOUR visualization keeps you conscious enough, and you can quiet your mind for just a moment incredible things happen as you fall asleep. I attribute this to the extra brainpower being used while on the edge between the conscious and unconcious, it kind of jump starts the mind when you come up from deep sleep and you have a moment of consciousness within your dream.

If you are already capable of becoming conscious in a dream, all you must do is hold onto that consciousness and not let it slip away. Carlos Castaneda said that if you are conscious in a dream try to look at your hands, this produces some very strange effects that i attest to, however i do not like carlos castaneda because i only saw real bona-fide information in his first and second book, all the rest were spewing the same thing and i doubt he even knew don juan after his first few experiences. Greed is a really popular thing these days.

The key here, is becoming awake within the dream, and then staying awake within the dream and watch it play out. The more you do this the easier it becomes and the more refreshed you feel when you wake up, probably because you spent the night in some strange world actually being confronted with the wonder and pure beauty of the universe, something that is truly awe-inspiring.

I hope this helps.

I hope this helps.

The first time I came to this realizations was when I was 12. Sadly I fell into the trap of the society again, luckily not for too long. Thank you for this. It helped me get back on my feet. Too bad my parents don't think in such a way and are pressuring for good education. I'll try to get through it with my mind still in tact.

Once again, thank you.

I haven't tried to conscious dream in a while. I think I'll start again tonight.

Sincerely, llynx

idea -- if you can get it and get a lotto ticket in time... win the pot.... set aside enough for you and give the rest to those who really need it. the most evil person i know has 50 MILLION dollars and b****ed out a clerk in Burger King over 25 cents...

Hey - if I had that much I would probably give it all away. Hmm. maybe I should rename me handle to Robin Hood. The family did hide out there for a few centuries after William the Conqueror. Post 1066 AD.

idea -- if you can get it and get a lotto ticket in time... win the pot.... set aside enough for you and give the rest to those who really need it. the most evil person i know has 50 MILLION dollars and b****ed out a clerk in Burger King over 25 cents...

Hey - if I had that much I would probably give it all away. Hmm. maybe I should rename me handle to Robin Hood. The family did hide out there for a few centuries after William the Conqueror. Post 1066 AD.

who is this 50 million dollar person?

• 2 weeks later...

having a bit of fun there. by now maybe 80 million. cruising the world on his 10 m yacht. no names u know better. sherwood forest i meant to add. i might have fun and quip... but i do not make up stuff. he is due by july 2009 to reap what he sowed.