Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Everett Boy Buried In Sandbox Dies

Shadyblue

Its alright to laugh, but this is a child who lost his life. Some decency would be appreciated.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Asphodel

• jaylemurph

• InHuman

• Shadyblue

The personal feelings of those involved are always different to those who aren't

Well, they have this thing called "empathy" now...

There can sometimes be comedy in the manner of a death. Most people learn in their maturity to keep their thoughts to themselves out of respect. I can't see any comedy in the loss of such a young life, and the consequences of that loss. Death doesn't just effect family. Death effects society as a whole. I was hoping, through my example, that some people might feel the reality of this boy's death and recognize the severity of their harsh comments.

10-year-old boys don't have good judgment, and it seems that some grown men aren't much better.

I couldnt see any comedy in this either. All I could see and visualize was a little boy who was buried head first, trying to get out and panicking after realising he couldnt breathe. Which I thought was very sad, and I wish sometimes I wouldnt picture things so well.

So this story makes me think about telling my own son about the dangers of sand. Somethings you dont think you need to say but I guess you do.

somepeople use comedy to quell the sting of reality which is very human. which makes me giggle that Inhuman had a problem with it. you cant ask people to not act human, we just can't do it

It Seems That They Already Corrected The Word "Narutu"... Lol...

Yeah, Too Much For Being Intelligent And Imaginative... xD

Those Kind Of Animes Influences The Kids In A Bad Way...

Its not a bad anime, rarely do they show blood, never curse, and no deaths...

...so that's evolution, one, dumb kid, zero.

--Jaylemurph

Winner of the darwin award!!! :lol:

someone in my house watches this cartoon. it is wierd. but nothing in it is realistic at all. like Naruto has some sort of firefox demon in him. but the basic plot is these ninja kid best friends are supposed to kill each other. not a kid anime at all.

I hate to be a jerk but, thats a pretty harsh generalization^

Ive seen a bit of naruto, no where do i remeber seeing someone burying their head in the sand.. maybe the kinds who were 'playing' with him should be spoken to, instead of jumping to conclusions and assuming they had no idea.. remeber to assume- you make an ASS out of U and ME

Sad story :(

Shows just how compulsive kids can be - they don't tend to think about the consequences and very few have any idea of their own mortality.

Part of the problem is that parents seem to think "hey if it's animated then it must be for kids!" thus why you have kids under 13 watching Naruto. Kids just need books, loads of em; but then I don't watch tv and haven't for years.

Why was the sandbox like two feet deep? I've never seen a sandbox where you could actually bury a 10-year-old kid's upper torso and head in it.

Sad situation. This is why I make sure my 10-year-old understands that some things just aren't real.

There can sometimes be comedy in the manner of a death. Most people learn in their maturity to keep their thoughts to themselves out of respect. I can't see any comedy in the loss of such a young life, and the consequences of that loss. Death doesn't just effect family. Death effects society as a whole. I was hoping, through my example, that some people might feel the reality of this boy's death and recognize the severity of their harsh comments.

10-year-old boys don't have good judgment, and it seems that some grown men aren't much better.

Is this the point where you roll out the John Donne "no manne is an iland" quote? I am familiar with it, so spare me the Elizabethan faux moral philosophy. What you're really doing is insisting we all share your reaction to the situation, and chiding us that we don't. Your take on the situation -- for all your respect and decorum -- is ipso re no more valid than anyone else's. I at least am not trying to foist what I believe on anyone else.

As someone else said:

somepeople use comedy to quell the sting of reality which is very human. which makes me giggle that Inhuman had a problem with it. you cant ask people to not act human, we just can't do it

--Jaylemurph

My heart really goes out to the family for their loss! But when i think back on all the dangerous places as well as the crazy things my friends and i did, it's a good thing my parents did't know or they would have had heart attacks!

I just think its very odd when people don't have any form of empathy. It happens a lot, but its still odd. I also think its odd when people feel the need to make fun of a dead 10-year-old. Can you blame me? Most adults don't even feel the need to make fun of living 10-year-olds.

I just think its very odd when people don't have any form of empathy. It happens a lot, but its still odd. I also think its odd when people feel the need to make fun of a dead 10-year-old. Can you blame me? Most adults don't even feel the need to make fun of living 10-year-olds.

I have plenty of empathy; I pick and choose when I express it, though. I just don't see the need to set my own morality up as superior to other people's, or judge them by my own standards -- and I certainly see no need to be smug while doing so.

--Jaylemurph

No I really do not feel sorry for this stupid child. Anime's are hardly harming to kids and this kid made it look like anime is bad. Naruto isn't the best anime but it sure doesn't need to be blamed for some dumb kid sticking his head in the sand. I watched plenty of things at that age and never did stupid things like that.

No I really do not feel sorry for this stupid child. Anime's are hardly harming to kids and this kid made it look like anime is bad. Naruto isn't the best anime but it sure doesn't need to be blamed for some dumb kid sticking his head in the sand. I watched plenty of things at that age and never did stupid things like that.

Sheesh, I did lots of stupid things when I was kid, a few of which I saw on TV or in cartoons. (Let me just say umbrellas do not, in fact, work like parachutes...) It doesn't mean any of them were the TV programme's or the cartoon's fault; I was just a dumb kid.

But it sure is a good excuse for parents who weren't sufficiently supervising their children (or providing for that supervision).

--Jaylemurph

It's the direct attacks at the kid that took me off guard.

Joking about the connection to anime or how impressionable kids are wouldn't be out of line but some people were moving too fast.

("But it sure is a good excuse for parents who weren't sufficiently supervising their children (or providing for that supervision).")

exactly- all those kids should have had someone supervising them or checking on them every few minutes while they were burying the kids head in the sand, poor kid... he was probly scared as hell

It's the direct attacks at the kid that took me off guard.

Joking about the connection to anime or how impressionable kids are wouldn't be out of line but some people were moving too fast.

It was the direct attacks that bothered me as well.

Kids do stupid things. Everyone did to an extent. To me it was stupid letting all of those kids play without any supervision whatsoever. It baffles me. I still go to family gatherings from time to time and I have a large family. All of my cousins are older than me so they all have children. There are always at least 7-9 children between the ages of 9 and 12. Sometimes even more if friends are invited as well. It's scary how unruly children can be between those ages! I must add, only one is unruly by nature. They are always kept in sight, and are told to calm down when things are out of hand. They're also told to stop doing hazardous things. Oh, what a joy the 4th of July is. :lol: Its not the childrens fault that he died. The adults should have been watching them.

Its not a bad anime, rarely do they show blood, never curse, and no deaths...

You Haven't Seen Much Of It Do You?

Most anime have a lot of deaths. I think maybe, just maybe scooby doo would be a better show for younger children right?

There aren't really any good cartoons anymore (IMO!!!). The only time you can watch the old episodes of Rocko's Modern Life and Ren & Stimpy is late night on costly cable channels. I don't even know if those channels run episodes of Doug. Now THOSE were good cartoons. If it wasn't for Ren & Stimpy (and my parents :lol:) I wouldn't be the happily warped individual I am today.

Well, if the parents had ever taught the boy not to immitate what he sees on t.v (or was taught common sense), this probably wouldn't have happened. When i was 3, i watched Mature anime and hentai. But i don't go around raping people or ripping arms off. If there was a parent supervising the kids like there should have been, he wouldn't have been baried in the first place. Even though the child supposedly got the idea from "Naruto", where were the parents when the supposed event happened, they should have at least told him that naruto isn't real. They are just passing the blame onto television because they weren't there to take care of there child when he did something stupid. And thats why alot parents blame television for what there kids do because the parents can't tell their kids what is right and wrong and they can't take the blame, so they pass it to the first obvious thing, T.V.

Edited by realmcutter