Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Everett Boy Buried In Sandbox Dies

Shadyblue

Well, if the parents had ever taught the boy not to immitate what he sees on t.v (or was taught common sense), this probably wouldn't have happened. When i was 3, i watched Mature anime and hentai. But i don't go around raping people or ripping arms off. If there was a parent supervising the kids like there should have been, he wouldn't have been baried in the first place.

...yet. Most offenders are older than 15. Just being technical.

Why the HELL did your parents allow you to watch hentai at the age of 3? That's worse than what these parents did, IMO. I have a feeling that many parents would even be peeved about catching a 15-year-old watching that junk. Many parents I know, anyway. They aren't fundies or anything weird, either.

Edited by Asphodel

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Asphodel

• jaylemurph

• InHuman

• ravergirl

...yet. Most offenders are older than 15. Just being technical.

Why the HELL did your parents allow you to watch hentai at the age of 3? That's worse than what these parents did, IMO. I have a feeling that many parents would even be peeved about catching a 15-year-old watching that junk. Many parents I know, anyway. They aren't fundies or anything weird, either.

well, lets say i didn't have the best role models ;) . Thats why they have the v-chip on t.v shows like naruto, its supposed to be pg-13 i think. why are so many parents are letting their kids watch shows like naruto (not that i have the right to speak about that :hmm: ), its good, but it's not even that great anyway. They must be forced to watch anime cause theres no good cartoons anymore :lol:

well, lets say i didn't have the best role models ;) . Thats why they have the v-chip on t.v shows like naruto, its supposed to be pg-13 i think. why are so many parents are letting their kids watch shows like naruto (not that i have the right to speak about that :hmm: ), its good, but it's not even that great anyway. They must be forced to watch anime cause theres no good cartoons anymore :lol:

lol! Guess not. It happens. I forgot all about v-chips. I don't know why parents don't just take the time to watch TV with the kids once in a while.

• 3 years later...

I guess this stupid kid killing himself by shoving his head into the sandbox would be a good example of natural selection? ;)

An Everett-area family is in mourning after a 10-year-old boy died after being buried alive by his playmates.

In a statement, the family of Codey Porter says he died peacefully at 3:35 p.m. with his family by his side.

The bizarre incident, which happened on Saturday, may have been sparked by a television cartoon.

Family members describe Codey, a fifth grader at Silver Firs Elementary School in Everett, as smart and imaginative. Unfortunately, it may have been his imagination that led to his critical situation.

"Really articulate. He's got a really good imagination too. He's just not a regular 10-year-old," said Joshua Quantrille, 30, who is Codey's half-brother.

Everett Public Schools

Codey Porter died Monday, March 10, 2008, two days after being buried alive in a sandbox.

Quantrille said Codey was playing with his own three sons and several other children Saturday in the backyard of a family friend's home.

"They watch a cartoon where there were like sandmasters or something. They can manipulate sand or something like that," said Quantrille. "He came up with an idea if he were to do this, then he would be able to be one of them. They're all under 10, so a pretty crazy imagination, you know. They were like hey, OK."

The cartoon "Narutu" shows the characters using sand as a tool and weapon and could have been what Codey and the others were trying to mimic when he was buried, headfirst, in a sandbox in the backyard of the house.

Quantrille said Codey was buried roughly from his head to his chest. At some point, he began thrashing around, but the children apparently thought he was playing.

Eventually they figured out something was wrong. They pulled Codey out and called the adults inside the home, who administered CPR until an aid car arrived.

On Monday, Codey's classmates at Silver Firs Elementary in Everett tried to understand what has happened to the fifth grader. The principal describes Codey as a very bright student with a lot of friends. The principal is also sending home a letter with students so that their parents will know what happened.

Parents say they are bracing for some difficult conversations.

"I have a third grader at home, so he's going to come home with some information. So certainly, the need to edit, filter, and hear what he thinks about what he heard is important," said one parent.

Snohomish County detectives said they interviewed all the children playing in the sandbox at the time and view this as a tragic accident.

<a href="http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_031008WAB_boy_buried_LJ.3e86c380.html" target="_blank">http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW...J.3e86c380.html</a>

Narutu! XD

He was watching Naruto.