Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lucid dream, sleep paralysis

undroth

Ok, so today I had a Latin exam. I was done with about 16 minutes left and was really tired as I didn't sleep to much the night before. I was not stressed about the exam or anything, I could care less about Latin. So I feel asleep on my desk lol. Soon I wake up or I think I did. False awakening? I was aware that I was dreaming I think. I could not move out of the chair. Kind of like sleep paralysis. And I could hear the proctor as he said 5 minutes left. I think I was conscious but I am not sure. So I thought why not try astral travel in the class room. So with no problem I'm climbing out of my body and leg is like halfway out but my body is still sitting in the desk. I saw a lot of hallucinations and heard like ringing noises and flashy lights. No matter if i closed or opened my eyes I could still see the same class room. I was like why can't I move then i realized its most likely sleep paralysis. Now I think it was a lucid dream and I was about to AP out of the lucid dream, but as I was climbing out of my body we had to start to pass the tests up and my friend woke me up. It was awesome whatever it was. Very pleasant experience and a nice addition to a boring school day for sure. What was this experience. Thanks

Edited by undroth

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• undroth

• Chauncy

• ~ MacDDT ~

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a similar experience from time to time. My alarm goes off and I wake up, but I fall back to sleep some how, and dream that I'm up getting dressed, going through my morning routine.......only to discover I'm still in bed!!!

But yes it does seem like when you are in that limbo between cosciousness and sleep that you are of a different awareness. Some people when they reach this limbo, the brain reacts with terror and they force themselves awake. But maybe possibly this limbo is the gateway to another level of existence within this one?

From what I understand about OBE's that a person must relax into this state, and it does take practice. So maybe this limbo is where it happens......i dunno, maybe practice ...allowing yourself to fall deeper into it, and allow it to happen.

Just a thought

That sounds a lot like a wake-initiated lucid dream, did you dream at all when you first fell asleep or did you go straight from falling asleep to "waking" into your aware state

I went straight into this state was aware of it.