Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Knowledge of 9/11 8 months before it happened

*Quinn*

The following is taken from parts of a letter written by Ted Gunderson (a retired Senior Special Agent in Charge of the FBI's Memphis, Dallas and Los Angeles divisions) to Attorney General John Ashcroft.

This link will take you to the entire letter: Open Letter to U.S. Attorney General John Ashcroft

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In January 2001, eight months prior to 9-11, Mr. Michael Riconosciuto, who has been a U.S. intelligence agent for years, developed information about imminent terrorist attacks against the United States. On March 20, 2001 he furnished FBI Special Agent (SA) Keith Cutri of the FBI's Williams-port, PA Resident Agency the identity of an individual in Patterson, NJ who:

• a) Was coordinating forthcoming terrorist attacks on the United States.

b.) Had information on the movement of Soviet-made shoulder-fired missiles into the United States.

c) Was coordinating forthcoming skyjackings.

d) Was coordinating bombings and espionage.

e) Knew the identities of “sleepers” in the United States and overseas.

Mr. Riconosciuto also furnished information that 6 planes were to be hijacked by 30 terrorists, and the targets, other than those hit on September 11, 2001, were the Capitol Building, the Statue of Liberty and the White House. He also furnished information about a false identification ring in Montreal, Canada and New Jersey, and advised that he could furnish the true names and false identities of the 30 terrorists who had been chosen for actions inside the United States, if he and his contacts were given immunity.

Mr. Riconosciuto also told SA Cutri about 37 Soviet-made missiles that were being smuggled into the United States and stated there was a 30-hour window of opportunity to confiscate them. He warned that terrorists were taking flight training in various types of aircraft. Mr. Riconosciuto believed, by furnishing this information to the FBI, he had prevented a terrorist attack against the U.S.

The fact that Mr. Riconosciuto knew about imminent terrorist activities in the U.S. in advance of 9-11 is documented in his February 5, 2001 letter to his attorney, Mr. Don Bailey. This letter was sent certified mail, #7000-0600-027-1175-1175, postal stamped Whitedeer, PA on February 6, 2001. On page 3 and 4 of Mr. Riconosciuto's letter to Mr. Bailey, he stated:

• (a) •Things have now come to a head! I now have contact with an operative that is in an Arabic group known as The Base. They are presently engaged in preparation for a major attack in the US.”

(b.) •We have an insider to this group that handles false ID and passports for the groups' operations. I also have contact with one of the parties that supplies explosives materials to this group.”

(c.) •As soon as we learned that an actual attack was in the works we realized we can't fool around with this. On the other hand we don't want to get screwed by the government.”

From September 23, 2001 to early May 2003, this author wrote several letters to U.S. Senator George Allen (R-VA) and he, in-turn, wrote several times to the FBI in an effort to document that the FBI inter-viewed Mr. Riconosciuto in March 2001. During this period, the FBI responded several times without acknowledging or admitting they met with Mr. Riconosciuto prior to 9-11.

A year and a half later, by letter dated May 22, 2003, FBI Assistant Director Larry A. Mefford confirmed that the FBI interviewed Mr. Riconosciuto on March 20, 2001. Mr. Mefford further stated at no time has Mr. Riconosciuto “provided any credible evidence or indication of a federal violation within the investigative jurisdiction of the FBI.” Mr. Mefford stated, “Mr. Riconosciuto's allegation was investigated and no ‘fruitful' information was developed.” Mr. Mefford advised that Mr. Riconosciuto is not considered a credible source.

Mr. Riconosciuto furnished detailed information 6 months in advance, concerning the terrorists' planned attacks that subsequently occurred, and Mr. Mefford claims he is not credible? I have worked with Mr. Riconosciuto for years. He and his father, Marshall, were U.S. intelligence agents for decades. Their firm, Hercules Manufacturing in Silicon Valley, CA, handled confidential government contracts during the 1970s and 1980s. His contributions to the national security of our country are too numerous to detail in this letter.

I would like to point out, sir:

• • The FBI not only knew in advance of the car bombing of the World Trade Center in February 1993, they furnished the ingredients for the bomb (The New York Times, October 28, 1993);

• An inside investigator informed me that at least 11 other individuals, besides McVeigh and Nichols, were involved in the Oklahoma City bombing; and

• Regarding 9-11, I have been told by a credible source that New York City firemen on the 76TH and 84TH floors radioed their commanders and reported that bombs were going off prior to the collapse of the World Trade Center towers. I have photographs available proving that the towers were imploded. These photographs are from NBC News' live television video footage (30 frames per second, with each frame numbered and broken down) the morning of September 11, 2001. They are available upon your request.

Sir, I was trained as a FBI agent in anti-terrorism and counter-espionage matters. Therefore, I am well qualified to declare: There is no way our intelligence community did not have advanced informa-tion about 9-11. Do we need legislation that encumbers and restricts the freedom of law-abiding citizens or do we need more effective, efficient and honest law enforcement? Those who allowed 9-11 to occur should be identified, arrested and prosecuted for treason.

Edited by Left Field

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• *Quinn*

• Cr33p

• snooze

• imp1960

This is Michael Riconosciuto's letter written to his attorney which includes the information mentioned in the first post discussing terrorists' planned attacks on the United States which occurred on Sept. 11, 2001.

Take notice of the date this letter was written, Feb. 5, 2001, and mailed Feb 6, 2001 - months before the attacks happened. Also remember the comments by those in the government that they had no clue such an attack would or could occur.

linked-image

linked-image

linked-image

linked-image

Proof of when it was mailed:

linked-image

Edited by Left Field

So, was it let it happen on purpose or make it happen on purpose? It would be interesting to know whether or not Mr. Riconosciuto is still alive. I wouldn't be surprised if an unfortunate 'suicide' or 'car accident' were the results of the information he possessed. That kind of info is certainly a cross to bear.

In any case, if one were to have access to that kind of intelligence, who do you bring it to nowadays? FBI? DHS? Local cops? National media? It's hard to say who can be trusted anymore.

Nothing new mate. They got this information but they did not take it seriously. It's been on the news and mentioned in several TV documentaries.

They just didn't act on it. Saying that every country must get dozens of security warnings every month.

Nothing new mate. They got this information but they did not take it seriously. It's been on the news and mentioned in several TV documentaries.

They just didn't act on it. Saying that every country must get dozens of security warnings every month.

Well don't you think it's pretty messed up not to act on it? The guy had it nailed. It's not like he gave information that was generalized. He even gave names for the 30 terrorists involved.

They get this info 6-7 months before it happens and you don't even think it's a big deal?

It amazes me how willingly people simply push aside something when facts about things are right there in front of their face.

"Oh, it's no big deal. They just didn't act on the info which happened to directly lead to the death of 3,000 Americans. It's no big deal though"

I mean for Christ's sake, he even told them the targets.

A thread about fake plains hitting the building goes on for pages because it's such an easy thing to respond to and laugh at. Then when something like this is presented, you don't hear one word from the people that take the time to respond to laugh and ridicule the really "out there" conspiracies. They always seem to ignore the ones that have facts to back them up.

It's easy to laugh at the ones that make no sense. Not so easy to right off the ones that have evidence behind them.

You are also ignoring the fact that after 9/11 people in the government tried to claim they had no idea such and attack could, or would occur. What a bunch of BS that is/was.

Then there is also the fact that two days after 9/11 happened, the FBI met with this guy to ridicule and slander him. Two days after what he said would take place months ago actually happened they then show up to tell him what a nut he is? How does that make any sense?

Edited by Left Field

Well don't you think it's pretty messed up not to act on it? The guy had it nailed. It's not like he gave information that was generalized. He even gave names for the 30 terrorists involved.

They get this info 6-7 months before it happens and you don't even think it's a big deal?

It amazes me how willingly people simply push aside something when facts about things are right there in front of their face.

"Oh, it's no big deal. They just didn't act on the info which happened to directly lead to the death of 3,000 Americans. It's no big deal though"

I mean for Christ's sake, he even told them the targets.

A thread about fake plains hitting the building goes on for pages because it's such an easy thing to respond to and laugh at. Then when something like this is presented, you don't hear one word from the people that take the time to respond to laugh and ridicule the really "out there" conspiracies. They always seem to ignore the ones that have facts to back them up.

It's easy to laugh at the ones that make no sense. Not so easy to right off the ones that have evidence behind them.

You are also ignoring the fact that after 9/11 people in the government tried to claim they had no idea such and attack could, or would occur. What a bunch of BS that is/was.

Then there is also the fact that two days after 9/11 happened, the FBI met with this guy to ridicule and slander him. Two days after what he said would take place months ago actually happened they then show up to tell him what a nut he is? How does that make any sense?

It looks a big deal now because we all have 20/20 hindsight. Intelligence services the world over get this sort of thing routinely. Unfortunately, just like the rest of us, they are human. Sometimes they make mistakes. Sometimes they can't act due to lack of resources, or lack of vital info., it happens. It's not a job I'd like to do, have to make those sort of decisions.

It looks a big deal now because we all have 20/20 hindsight. Intelligence services the world over get this sort of thing routinely. Unfortunately, just like the rest of us, they are human. Sometimes they make mistakes. Sometimes they can't act due to lack of resources, or lack of vital info., it happens. It's not a job I'd like to do, have to make those sort of decisions.

Unreal.

They didn't even act on the information you know?

Also, why did they deny they had any clue such attacks could occur?

Why did they suddenly meet with Michael Riconosciuto two days after 9/11 to tell him what a nut job he is?

Two days after what he said would occur months ago happened, the FBI shows up to meet with him for no other reason then to threaten and ridicule him? Tell me how that makes sense.

These people ignored information that led to the death of 3,000 Americans and you write it off as no big deal. That is truly amazing. Talk about giving the government a free pass.

You have absolutely no understanding of how intelligence agencies work.

There is much evidence of prior knowledge and forewarning from genuine intelligence operatives that an attack was to occur. As well as the information Left Field raises above and amongst other evidence: -

• The presidential brief of August 2001 entitled “Bin Laden determined To Strike in US” highlighted Al Qaeda were looking to hijack aircraft.

• The Able Danger military intelligence program identified lead hijacker Mohamed Atta and a number of other hijackers prior to 9/11.

• The 9/11 Commission Report states, "During the spring and summer of 2001, U.S. intelligence agencies received a stream of warnings about an attack al Qaeda planned”. Indeed, intelligence warnings were received from a number of foreign services specifically indicating agents of Al Qaeda living in the US, receiving flight training and planning a massive strike involving aircraft.

Ok we say, the above points could perhaps be written off as incompetence of the current US administration, negligence of intelligence agencies or an overall ‘failure to connect the dots’. But there is more, again amongst others: -

• FBI and military intelligence officials in Washington were told to ‘back off’ full investigations into members of the Bin Laden family and related organisations in the US before the terrorist attacks of 9/11.

• FBI agent and Al-Qaeda expert John O'Neill was featured in a Frontline documentary entitled “The Man Who Knew”. The program intro states…

“For six years, John O’Neill was the FBI’s leading expert on Al Qaeda. He warned of its reach. He warned of its threat to the U.S. But to the people at FBI headquarters, O’Neill was too much of a maverick, and they stopped listening to him. He left the FBI in the summer of 2001 and took a new job as the head of security at the World Trade Centre.”

O’Neill was killed in the 9/11 attacks only 2 days after taking up his new job, the night before telling the Director of Emergency Management for NYC, “We're due, and we're due for something big.”

• In 2002, FBI agent Coleen Rowley wrote to FBI director Robert Mueller describing her experience working with Minneapolis FBI agents tracking suspected terrorist Zacarias Moussaoui prior to the attacks. Rowley describes her superior, as “consistently, almost deliberately thwarting the Minneapolis FBI agents' efforts” to attain a search warrant. Senator Chuck Grassley later wrote that “If the application for the FISA warrant had gone forward, agents would have found information in Moussaoui's belongings that linked him ... to a major financier of the hijacking plot".

So it appears there was deliberate hindrance and obstruction from sections of the FBI and military into investigations that may have prevented the attacks. We could perhaps now say ok, so elements of agencies in the US knew the attacks were coming and intentionally allowed the events to unfold – a ‘let it happen on purpose’ scenario. But still there is more: -

Now this is becoming too close for comfort; ‘failure to connect the dots’ is one thing, to ‘let it happen on purpose’ is another but these last points are suggestive of complicity by some elements of US agencies. As a final point: -

• The lead hijacker, Mohammed Atta, was wired $100,000 from Omar Sheikh, an individual with connections to both the Pakistani Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) and Al Qaeda. Who was the intermediary the CIA used to fund and train the Mujahideen resistance of which Osama Bin Laden was a member during the Soviet-Afghan war? The Pakistani ISI.

There are other issues which could be raised but I think that is enough for now, suffice to say that few details add up for the official story and many are indicative of an alternative version of events altogether.

I can see where your coming from LeftField.

However as imp1960 said, it's easy to say these things with hindsight.

No doubt if they could turn the clocks back they'd act.

Though if I do remember correctly, several jobs were lost at the agencies due to much public uproar.

i have no difficulty that the Bush administration had some pretty large hints that someone might have been planning something. However, I also have no difficulty in putting their neglecting to do anything about it as being down to incompetence, or perhaps even a feeling that "yeah, yeah, we've heard it all before", rather than conspiracy.

i have no difficulty that the Bush administration had some pretty large hints that someone might have been planning something. However, I also have no difficulty in putting their neglecting to do anything about it as being down to incompetence, or perhaps even a feeling that "yeah, yeah, we've heard it all before", rather than conspiracy.

come on now - do you realize what a free pass you are willing to give to the government?

Like I said, the guy had it nailed! It's not like it was generalized information. He gave the targets, said it would be hijackings, and named the terrorists involved.

There is so much more evidence of pre-knowledge it is ridiculous.

They allowed it to happen.

They planned this war before 9/11 ever came about. They even said that absent of a new Pearl Harbour it would be difficult to make this war happen. And then what do you know - they get info that this attack is about to happen and all they can think about is how it will give them a reason to start a war again in Iraq.

Meanwhile, Bin Laden is nowhere to be found. It's sickening.

Apparently some people don't mind the government flat-out lying to them. They had this info months ahead of time. Then after 9/11 they act as if they had no clue such an attack would or coud occur. It's a flat-out lie. Yet people are willing to back the government on this still.

Coaches of sports franchises get held more accountable then the FBI does in letting 3,000 people die. It absolutely amazes me.

People even acknowledge the facts and then they are still willing to act as if - oh well, they simply overlooked crucial information, no big deal.

Absolutely amazing.

Edited by Left Field

9/11 was known about well in advance no doubt, in my opinion the US government carried out the attacks

the buildings didn't just fall (too much evidence for controlled demolition) and the other 2 planes didn't just disappear (or couldn't have but supposedly did)

also if we are supposed to believe that the military and NORAD were unable to do anything, then they are liars regardless because we are supposed to be protected by these things (our tax dollars are paying for it) so yeah believe that the Government carried out the attacks because no one else could have unless your Government betrayed you into thinking that they have intelligence and defence systems in place to protect you (either way the Government is hiding info)

the Government is not out to help you they are simply carrying out the agenda (secret societies are pulling the strings and keeping the populous dumb as they control the media the banks and the corporations)

they just want you to keep consuming and living in fear so they can take your rights and money away from you (ps look into US income tax laws, they are not written, so your government is stealing right out of your pay check)

So, was it let it happen on purpose or make it happen on purpose? It would be interesting to know whether or not Mr. Riconosciuto is still alive. I wouldn't be surprised if an unfortunate 'suicide' or 'car accident' were the results of the information he possessed. That kind of info is certainly a cross to bear.

In any case, if one were to have access to that kind of intelligence, who do you bring it to nowadays? FBI? DHS? Local cops? National media? It's hard to say who can be trusted anymore.

I speak with Michael .. he's still very much alive. He's currently in prison since 1 week after giving his affidavit in the Inslaw case (he was warned before that not to help Inslaw or something bad would happen). He's being treated like crap in prison also.. any mail you send him gets read, even if it's attorney mail (which they aren't supposed to read because of the attorney client priv).

He is helping me with my case since he was on the reservation and has inside knowledge to stuff there.

You're right, it is hard to know who to trust.. the FBI, CIA NSA etc.. they have good people in them, but they also have bad people.. so it's hard to know.

You should check out his site- http://michaelriconosciuto.com/

Rachel aka desertfae