Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mammoth

Undeadskeptic

First off you have not read up on me, clearly. Check my user page, name, and 'About Me' section to figure out the several things you got so badly wrong.

Secnd, I see you learn't to use the quote tool.

Do, please, use the quote tool to quote the posts in which I have spouted "Rediculous claims" and "flat-out falsehoods". Please do.

Furthermore, please do be concerened about me. I'm out of my mind. I once held a girl at knife point and screamed gibberish at her because she stole my beanie. This was all in the local Burger King. Once she returned my beanie I treated her with a hamburger and left.

I beg to differ.

Hey all i'm saying is that this story has a moral. Don't get into a debate if your not sure what you are talking about. No one likes to admit there faults and i'm not criticising you for it. I'm just saying that I find your behavoir to be a bit abnormal. That isn't neccisarily a bad thing. But if you'd like me to, I could go through every topic you've posted in and point out every single bit of falsehoods you stated.

Actually, you sort of are criticsing me lol, but I'd love for you to go through every topic I've posted in and point out every falsehood. Please PM them to me. :)

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Undeadskeptic

• Mattshark

• Incorrigible1

• Otterclaw

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually, you sort of are criticsing me lol, but I'd love for you to go through every topic I've posted in and point out every falsehood. Please PM them to me. :)

Err i'm gonna have to back down from that... :P

Skepticism is in itself a state of open-mindedness. The skeptic says, "I believe what the evidence supports. Should new evidence come to light, my beliefs will change."

The problem is what most believers consider proof typically only proves how much they want vindication of their beliefs.

Well I think the problem here is that many people here don't know the meaning of the term "middle ground". You're either an extremely close minded skeptic or a delusional nutcase. I believe things based on plausibility,the (contrary to what many envirementolists will tell you) isolated places left and any convincing piece of "evidence". I believe in the Yeti because of how the Nepalese goverment treats it, I don't believe in Nessie as there is no where it could go when the lake freezes over without being seen, I believe in Bigfoot due to an encounter i've had (I didn't originally believe in it) I don't believe in the Skunkape as there is no where it could hide without being spotted more often...As I said in my quote it takes 50% of both. Though people having trouble obtaining middle ground does not seem to be limited to the paranormal. I see it in politics (people automatically clumping people into Liberal or Conservitive) I see it in the War ("You're either with us or you're with the terrorists, there is no middle ground here) I see it just about everywhere. It's human nature I suppose.

Things aren't nearly as polarized here as you believe. A lot of the skeptics (Like myself,) are not extremely close-minded. We just have no inclination to humor poorly organized arguments, illogical statements, the presenting of questionable shoddy 'evidence,' or people who make claims that haven't been fully researched with impartial sources.

Unfortunately, these are the types of believers that the internet allows to proliferate unchecked. They don't receive a warm welcome here. If you want to say it's because we're hard-nosed skeptics who wouldn't believe in Bigfoot if one punted us across the room, okay. But the truth is it's because there has simply been no evidence that makes us think otherwise. Most of us, given sufficient verifiable evidence, would dance for joy at finding out our favorite cryptid was a real creature. But until that day, we refuse to put up with handfuls of wishes supported by fuzzy logic.

The inbox can only hold so many falsehoods.

Things aren't nearly as polarized here as you believe.

Well that isn't what i've been seeing. And it isn't limited to this site either.

A lot of the skeptics (Like myself,) are not extremely close-minded. We just have no inclination to humor poorly organized arguments, illogical statements, the presenting of questionable shoddy 'evidence,' or people who make claims that haven't been fully researched with impartial sources.

Yes that's good. I'd rather have people like that then some of the nutcases i've seen.

Unfortunately, these are the types of believers that the internet allows to proliferate unchecked. They don't receive a warm welcome here. If you want to say it's because we're hard-nosed skeptics who wouldn't believe in Bigfoot if one punted us across the room, okay. But the truth is it's because there has simply been no evidence that makes us think otherwise. Most of us, given sufficient verifiable evidence, would dance for joy at finding out our favorite cryptid was a real creature. But until that day, we refuse to put up with handfuls of wishes supported by fuzzy logic.

That's fine, I think you misunderstood what I wrote. I was criticising the nutcases just as much as the skeptics. And as I said before I never accused you as being a skeptic... And this isn't the first time you seem to have made this mistake.

...Huh?

I was using 'we' to be non-specific. If I thought I was being accused of something, I would have used 'I' and not spoken for other people.

...Huh?

I was using 'we' to be non-specific. If I thought I was being accused of something, I would have used 'I' and not spoken for other people.

Yeah I know that now but it took me a minute.

Err i'm gonna have to back down from that... :P

Okay. In that case please discuss Mammoths and not how much you dislike me. :P