Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Irish Origins of Civilization

crystal sage

Irish Origins of Civilization

NO, Just No, the Irish for once can't being blamed for this mess!.

• Haha 8

24 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

So now you’re making up stuff about Irish mythology as well huh? Tir na Nog and other such mythological places have no verifiable relationship to Atlantis. 

Sorry, but I dont know what you are talking about there.

In Irish historical accounts there is an invasion of their island from a sea faring people. But no one has every been able to determine who they were from the accounts of the event and evidence which they have. I dropped into the debate maybe it was Europeans from North America.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

In Irish historical accounts there is an invasion of their island from a sea faring people. But no one has every been able to determine who they were from the accounts of the event and evidence which they have. I dropped into the debate maybe it was Europeans from North America.

vikings?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

You claimed there were tales in Irish mythology about Atlantis when there are not which means you’re making it up. As to the sea faring people from myth there has already been shown to be a genetic link between ancient Iberians and Ireland so that’s not such a big mystery. 

cormac

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Hi Rabid

Try reading this.

Ireland - Ancient History Encyclopedia

jmccr8

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

maybe it was Europeans from North America.

Europeans....are from Europe.....not America

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, marsman said:

Europeans....are from Europe.....not America

Hi Marsman

Yes, but only the European ones.:lol:

jmccr8

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

With new evidence of comet fragment impacts in North America in 10500BC, tales of Atlantis, and signs of habitation one thing makes me curious. Those Irish historical accounts of being invaded by a sea people who historians haven't yet been able to identity.

Did Atlantis invade Ireland in pre-history?

No the crater isn't 10,500 years old it has not been dated yet. it has a possible date range from millions of years to 12,000.

The radar data offer only tantalizing clues to the age, suggesting that the crater is between 2.6 million and 11,700 years old. 

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/greenland-impact-crater-top-science-stories-2018-yir

• Like 3

So all I see is someone proclaiming his views to be right, showing some pictures of himself, and inviting along his friends to support him.

Again where are the links to support your assertions? I have linked to a site with 100s of peer reviewed papers on it for a comet impact and a few against. How do you explain so many highly qualified scientists saying there was a comet impact?

Time to cough up with some links and evidence please. You can come here with 100 friends and if you cannot provide any links or evidence it isn't going to get you anywhere in convincing me. Social pressure does not work on me, I`m strong.

2 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

So all I see is someone proclaiming his views to be right, showing some pictures of himself, and inviting along his friends to support him.

Again where are the links to support your assertions? I have linked to a site with 100s of peer reviewed papers on it for a comet impact and a few against. How do you explain so many highly qualified scientists saying there was a comet impact?

Time to cough up with some links and evidence please. You can come here with 100 friends and if you cannot provide any links or evidence it isn't going to get you anywhere in convincing me. Social pressure does not work on me, I`m strong.

Ah dude there is a crater and it could date from 2.6 million to 12,000 years ago. Until that is dated (they will have to drill down and that will take some time - probably years), you cannot pretend the date has been determined or consider it as a civilization destroying strike - as Graham Hancock is hoping.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Scroll down and the map matches Graham Hancocks with the exception that it adds an Australian impact field too -  https://cometresearchgroup.org/comets-diamonds-mammoths/#tab-id-2

I worked with George Howard. I was one of his first field assistants and we both went to Quaker Schools. He owns a environmental restoration firm. He "salted" several Carolina Bays (thermokarst basins), claims they are astroblemes and also promotes the Lenape Stone which is a obvious fraud because mammoths were not hunted with a bow and arrow. 

So what's with you and Graham? Is it the "Great White God" thing? We opened up the Serpent Mound 3 times since 1997 and I didn't see him there. We also took cores to determine the astrobleme underneath the area and I did see him then either. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

I provided links showing the Clovis transition to the Archaic without a break. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

I dropped into the debate maybe it was Europeans from North America.

:blink: What???? 

• Like 2

Ah lads! 

Come on.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Piney said:

:blink: What???? 

Is that some sort of prison jargon, 'Europeans from North America'.

Like Graham Hancock RabidMongoose seems to be unaware of just how much archaeological evidence 'civilizations' leave behind. Europeans are partially obnoxious in that they often modify the land, using rocks, driving in pillars and generally mucking up the place - to the great appreciation of archaeologists.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

I just want to know how much alcohol was involved in this.

Loads probably. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Hanslune said:

Is that some sort of prison jargon, 'Europeans from North America'.

Like Graham Hancock RabidMongoose seems to be unaware of just how much archaeological evidence 'civilizations' leave behind. Europeans are partially obnoxious in that they often modify the land, using rocks, driving in pillars and generally mucking up the place - to the great appreciation of archaeologists.

With all the pictures of me up there I wish @RabidMongoose  puts up a picture of himself. I'm just chomping at the bit to see what a member of the "Master Race" looks like. :yes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Loads probably. 

Hi Dany

I know spiritual enlightenment get a bad rap but...:lol: hic

jmccr8

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Dany

I know spiritual enlightenment get a bad rap but...:lol: hic

jmccr8

I reckon some mushrooms were also involved.

• Haha 3

56 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Friends are better than links, as friends bring beer to the party, links don't. But hey, I'm with you, as I don't seem to have any friends either around here. Guinness OK?

9 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

Friends are better than links, as friends bring beer to the party, links don't. But hey, I'm with you, as I don't seem to have any friends either around here. Guinness OK?

Popularity doesnt mean someone is right.

You might what to consider who you surround yourself with too, its known people become like the crowd they hang out with lol.

The current crowd think if they picture themselves it makes them right. Imagine what kind of world we would live in if that was true haha.

Edited by RabidMongoose

33 minutes ago, danydandan said:

I reckon some mushrooms were also involved.

Maybe it's coincidence, but I was just listening to that song, White Rabbit, as I was waiting on a chess move from my opponent. One of my all time favorite voices, Grace Slick. Like God's grace, very slick stuff.

One pill makes you larger, and one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you, don't do anything at all
Go ask Alice, when she's ten feet tall
And if you go chasing rabbits, and you know you're going to fall
Tell 'em a hookah-smoking caterpillar has given you the call
And call Alice, when she was just small
When the men on the chessboard get up and tell you where to go
And you've just had some kind of mushroom, and your mind is moving low
Go ask Alice, I think she'll know
When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the white knight is talking backwards
And the red queen's off with her head
Remember what the dormouse said
Feed your head, feed your head

This thread is definitely going low, some would say, because I just came into it, no doubt. No doubt I'll hear from the regulars soon enough. But what the heck, I always cheer for the underdog.

53 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

~SNIP~

Social pressure does not work on me, I`m strong.

Yes, I know. I can smell your bullscheisse from here. No Irish mythology connects to Plato’s Atlantis, which is the only legitimate Atlantis to be discussed. And since it’s known that the Irish share a Haplogroup R1b connection with Iberians before much later migrations your speculation can be summarily dismissed do to lack of evidence. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1182057/

cormac

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3