Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Irish Origins of Civilization

crystal sage

On 9/5/2019 at 4:45 AM, Jodie.Lynne said:

No, no we don't. Many of the old myths and stories were corrupted by Christian ideas when Christianity destroyed oops, "saved" Irish culture.

No you got it right, christianity has destroyed cultures all over the world.  The Irish just got to be first.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

No you got it right, christianity has destroyed cultures all over the world.  The Irish just got to be first.

North Africans and Greco-Romans. The Celts were the 3rd in line. :yes:

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Piney said:

I stand corrected.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

You should read this if you’re interested:

https://www.audible.com/pd/The-Lost-History-of-Christianity-Audiobook/B002V8N5BK?ds_rl=1262685&ds_rl=1263561&ds_rl=1260658&source_code=GO1GB908MSH060513&gclid=CjwKCAjw3c_tBRA4EiwAICs8CpslI3qP4tUQUFqUui4zjbcN0-UZZVxBciiK_gp9_aYdDYj80gjS5RoCxiYQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Christianity didn't fall out of the air, it was Irish Christians who spread it in Ireland and mainly responsible for spreading it in England, was life better before? it's hard to say but probably just as brutal if not more so, i'd think it safe to say Christianity stopped human sacrifice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

Christianity didn't fall out of the air, it was Irish Christians who spread it in Ireland and mainly responsible for spreading it in England, was life better before? it's hard to say but probably just as brutal if not more so, i'd think it safe to say Christianity stopped human sacrifice.

Maybe it just changed what human sacrifice looks like.  And are you saying  the Irish practiced human sacrifice?  Do you have a link?

2 hours ago, Piney said:

I think Armenia and Ethiopia were the first Christian countries.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, hetrodoxly said:

I think Armenia and Ethiopia were the first Christian countries.

Yup, outside of the Roman Empire. Egypt before Ethiopia, but it was still inside the Empire. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

I'm not sure what you're trying to tell me? the ape skull is interesting, do you have a copy of the carbon dating and where it was done, who was the archaeologist who dug it and what did their report say about it, we do know their was a lot of contact between England and the middle east during this period.

Yes.. the interesting article about underground tunnels as modes of travel between the middle East and Scotland as an example. https://newsinstact.com/alien/updates-on-the-12000-years-old-tunnels-connect-turkey-with-scotland/

:) what I was trying to show was that there were pre-Christian  cultures in Ireland.  

I am still fascinated by the Tocharian's that seems to have had business interests along the silk roads. Their unique language, that they wore Tartan... also that many of the Red Headed Mummies  found all over the world also were said to have worn tartan cloth. There are also ancient Celt links to New Zealand.  Does that mean they knew of Australia as well ? https://historyfiles.co.uk/FeaturesFarEast/CentralAsia_Tocharians01.htm

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/a-meeting-of-civilisations-the-mystery-of-chinas-celtic-mummies-5330366.html

The Celts gradually infiltrated Britain between about 500 and 100BC. There was probably never anything like an organised Celtic invasion: they arrived at different times, and are considered a group of peoples loosely connected by similar language, religion, and cultural expression.

The eastern Celts spoke a now-dead language called Tocharian, which is related to Celtic languages and part of the Indo-European group. They seem to have been a peaceful folk, as there are few weapons among the Cherchen find and there is little evidence of a caste system.

Even older than the Cherchen find is that of the 4,000-year-old Loulan Beauty, who has long flowing fair hair and is one of a number of mummies discovered near the town of Loulan. One of these mummies was an eight-year-old child wrapped in a piece of patterned wool cloth, closed with bone pegs.

The Loulan Beauty's features are Nordic. She was 45 when she died, and was buried with a basket of food for the next life, including domesticated wheat, combs and a feather.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Maybe it just changed what human sacrifice looks like.

You'll have to expand on that.

6 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

And are you saying  the Irish practiced human sacrifice?

Have you heard of the 'bog bodies'

• Like 1

MacDonald: The oldest surviving pieces are from a series of burials in the Ürümqi desert, on the edge of Mongolia. The mummies were proto-Celtic people, related to the Tocharians. The Celts, and thereby the Scots, came westward from the Caucasus Mountains, maybe 5,000-6,000 years ago. In Scotland, the oldest surviving piece is dated to a circa of 230 A.D., and that’s just a simple brown and unbleached white check.

https://www.collectorsweekly.com/articles/debunking-the-myths-about-kilts/

http://www.irishoriginsofcivilization.com/recent-discoveries.html

EFT: Herne or Cernunnos was an early Irish god venerated throughout Britain, France and Europe, until almost every site dedicated to him was obliterated by Christians. He was also known as Nikor. He was the original "horned one." He was the original wearer of the Crown of Thorns (antlers). RIGHT: Pashupati or Shiva, "Lord of the Beasts," one of the oldest gods of India. The Irish traveled to India and were known there as the Arya or "Noble Ones." Evidence of the Irish influence in eastern climes (Egypt, China, and India) has been deliberately suppressed. However, satellite photography reveals settlements that once existed along the banks of great rivers such as the Saraswati. These were densely populated by white Western emigres, received by locals not as ruthless barbaric "invaders," but spiritually and technically advanced brethren. From this stock came some of India's greatest monarchs, such as Rama and Ranjit. In India, most educated and unbiased people openly speak of the coming of the Arya from the West. Several native groups in India, such as the Sikhs (or Jats), purport themselves to be the descendants of Western settlers.

Note that the Western image of Herne did not derive from the eastern image of Pashupati. It was the other way around. Therein lies the true history of races and tribes. Note that beside Herne is a stag, the Druidic symbol of divinity and royalty.

Edited by crystal sage
More info...

1 minute ago, crystal sage said:

I am still fascinated by the Tocharian's that seems to have had business interests along the silk roads. Their unique language, that they wore Tartan... also that many of the Red Headed Mummies  found all over the world also were said to have worn tartan cloth. There are also ancient Celt links to New Zealand.  Does that mean they knew of Australia as well ? https://historyfiles.co.uk/FeaturesFarEast/CentralAsia_Tocharians01.htm

Plaid was used by all Indo-European peoples. It was probably developed early on.  As for "red headed" mummies, black hair fades out to red after death. 

• Like 5

Just now, crystal sage said:

One group of the ancestors of the Proto-Indo Europeans came from the Caucasus and migrated up to the Pontic Caspian Steppe, but that was long before Celtic identity even existed. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

You'll have to expand on that.

No I haven't heard of the bog bodies. 

I think the requirements of nuns and priests to be outside of society in all normal aspects except religion is a great human sacrifice.  Also, the Inquisition and many other "christian church" related goings on, including the killing off of the Templars and some other groups, are human sacrifice.

• Like 1

Human Sacrifice was a part of life in the ancient British Isles and we used to eat our POWs alive. The Germanic tribes used to do the same. Ancient Gauls, Romans, and Greeks, all used to do it.

When it comes to Abrahamic religions human sacrifice is present in them too (so if you ever meet the Pope at the Vatican be careful lol). Its been banned in Abrahamic faiths for a long-term. If I remember correctly it was stopped by the Romans a couple of centuries after Christianity first appeared.

Edited by RabidMongoose

2 minutes ago, crystal sage said:

what I was trying to show was that there were pre-Christian  cultures in Ireland.

I've never doubted that, it's just we know so little about it, what Irish monks wrote 1000 years after the event is to be taken with a pinch of salt, Bede and Gildas before him wrote the history of these island, long before these myths were invented, Gildas spent much of his life in Ireland but nothing of these Myths were mentioned.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

No I haven't heard of the bog bodies. 

I think the requirements of nuns and priests to be outside of society in all normal aspects except religion is a great human sacrifice.  Also, the Inquisition and many other "christian church" related goings on, including the killing off of the Templars and some other groups, are human sacrifice.

You're going of at a tangent here, i'm not defending Christianity but discussing what was happening in a particular time period in Ireland, i think you'll find it was the French king who killed the templars because he owed them money.

Edited by hetrodoxly
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

I imagine the christian Romans in Britain would be somewhat surprised to learn the Irish converted them. 

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Human Sacrifice was a part of life in the ancient British Isles and we used to eat our POWs alive. The Germanic tribes used to do the same. Ancient Gauls, Romans, and Greeks, all used to do it.

When it comes to Abrahamic religions human sacrifice is present in them too (so if you ever meet the Pope at the Vatican be careful lol). Its been banned in Abrahamic faiths for a long-term. If I remember correctly it was stopped by the Romans a couple of centuries after Christianity first appeared.

That’s an odd response for someone who shortly ago was trying to convince us the Romans practiced human sacrifice. 

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

You're going of at a tangent here, i'm not defending Christianity but discussing what was happening in a particular time period in Ireland, i think you'll find it was the French king who killed the templars because he owed them money.

Clement issued a Papal Bull which granted the lands of the Templars to the Knights Hospitaller, also known as the Knights of St John of Malta. The remaining Templar leaders in France were executed, including the last Grand Master, Jacques de Molay, who was burned at the stake in Paris in 1314.

https://answersdrive.com/why-were-the-knights-templar-executed-4626864

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

LOL... humanity hasn't changed...   

This bit is interesting.. 

The "Turehu" People of New Zealand' were ancient fair-skinned inhabitants, now known to have predated the "native" Maori. (Here and Here for more...)

The Maori were not the first here, and therefore not the indigenous people. Even their own tribal histories acknowledge the previous peoples

Supporting evidence of the Ancient knowledge  in Britain./Scotland of New Zealand 

http://www.kilts.co.nz/mitancient_2.htm

;) part of regular ancient traffic.

https://ensignmessage.com/articles/celtic-viking-scottish-new-zealand/

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

I imagine the christian Romans in Britain would be somewhat surprised to learn the Irish converted them. 

—Jaylemurph 

;) might be linked to the biblical 10,12 or 13 ( depending on who you read) tribes of Israel.. https://www.irishcentral.com/news/are-the-celts-one-of-the-ten-lost-tribes-of-israel-233823021-237790101

http://12tribehistory.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/history-of-the-Jews-in-Ireland-and-Scotland.pdf

13 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

—Jaylemurph 

According to Hector Boece,  "soon afterward...built a town upon the river of MUNDE, then called BRACHARA -- now BARSALE.... [After a major battle with the Spaniards] they [the Spaniards] therefore asked GATHELUS for a peace conference and quickly gave him...part of their land in the NORTH PART OF SPAIN, NOW CALLED GALYCIA, . . .Following this GATHELUS NAMED ALL HIS SUBJECTS SCOTS, IN HONOUR AND AFFECTION FOR HIS WIFE, WHO WAS CALLED SCOTA” Chronicles of Scotland," Vol. I. William Blackwood & Sons. Pp. 21-24).  
“Not satisfied, however, with the greatness of their power there, they resolved upon extending their sway over other lands. They had also another motive for this. There was, at that period, A SCARCITY OF FOOD IN SPAIN, . . .THEY RESOLVED TO CHOOSE ITH  SON OF BREOGAN [ZARAH]...who was a valiant champion and an intelligent man, well instructed in the sciences, to reconnoitre the ISLE OF ERI. The place where they adopted this counseliwas the TOWER OF BREOGAN IN GALLICIA. Thus it happened that they SENT ITH TO ERI.[Ireland].“ The History of Ireland," p.179. 

40 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:
47 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

And are you saying  the Irish practiced human sacrifice?

Hi Hetrodoxly

Not sure what you are suggesting with reference to sacrifice and bog bodies.

https://www.irishcentral.com/opinion/others/the-truth-about-irish-bog-bodies-photos

One could say we dispose of our dead too even the bad ones.

jmccr8

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, crystal sage said:

Supporting evidence of the Ancient knowledge  in Britain./Scotland of New Zealand 

cute_baby_memes_62.jpg

• Haha 2