Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Psi Vid...

DfizzleShizzle

It would be more impressive if he would use the simple bowl set up that's been encouraged.

I'm not quite sure what's so difficult about that. It would seem to me that, if you are truely telekinetic, having a bowl over the wheel should be no detriment to your efforts.

I respect what you are trying to accomplish here, but it seems a bit suspicious that you insist on leaving this wheel exposed. It is also simply counter-productive. This will not serve as proof of the abilities you claim, as you are leaving yourself wide open for debunking. Why bother making a video if you know ahead of time that it won't effectively serve your purpose?

Just echoing the thoughts many others have expressed...

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DfizzleShizzle

• Papaver

• The Skeptic Eric Raven

• Sabbath

It would be more impressive if he would use the simple bowl set up that's been encouraged.

I'm not quite sure what's so difficult about that. It would seem to me that, if you are truely telekinetic, having a bowl over the wheel should be no detriment to your efforts.

I respect what you are trying to accomplish here, but it seems a bit suspicious that you insist on leaving this wheel exposed. It is also simply counter-productive. This will not serve as proof of the abilities you claim, as you are leaving yourself wide open for debunking. Why bother making a video if you know ahead of time that it won't effectively serve your purpose?

There is nothing hard about setting it up. He just doesn't want to do it.

There is no purpose in it.

Edited by Eric Raven The Skeptic

I never said I wont do the bowl video...I have agreed to do so...But the bowl will take alot more time to conquor...I have never moved objects that were sealed inside a container...And, if this "energy" exist, just like every other energy in thius world, moving the energy through solid objects will weaken it...So, I am goin to do a casual test...

I never said I wont do the bowl video...I have agreed to do so...But the bowl will take alot more time to conquor...I have never moved objects that were sealed inside a container...And, if this "energy" exist, just like every other energy in thius world, moving the energy through solid objects will weaken it...So, I am goin to do a casual test...

You acted like it was difficult to set up, now you act like it takes too much energy. Make up your mind.

I'll give it a shot...It will be hard, to only get the one to move, cause the psi moing will prolly move the others...Thats Why I said I'd put paper down, cause that won't move from wind from the psi wheel...

If you are not sure Heart, please do not do it. Just stick to your original plan.

Have you considered any other reasons why it doesn't work when it's under a bowl?

Have you considered any other reasons why it doesn't work when it's under a bowl?

:yes: Like wind currents, heat, etc. When you use the bowl it helps solve alot of the problems.

Yea, you're sayin cause theres no wind, I cant do it, cause I cant do TK...Thats the skeptics view..But if TK did exist, wouldn't you think it would take mor eenergy to pass it through objects?

Yea, you're sayin cause theres no wind, I cant do it, cause I cant do TK...Thats the skeptics view..But if TK did exist, wouldn't you think it would take mor eenergy to pass it through objects?

No. I hear an excuse. Sorry. Just my opinion.

wouldn't you think it would take mor eenergy to pass it through objects?

That depends on whether the glass you're using absorbs TK energy.

It doesn't absorb much light, so we can see through it just fine.

Maybe you could test it. Leave the pinwheel out, but put the bowl in front of your face or something. If the pinwheel moves, then the glass isn't soaking up the rays.

That depends on whether the glass you're using absorbs TK energy.

It doesn't absorb much light, so we can see through it just fine.

Maybe you could test it. Leave the pinwheel out, but put the bowl in front of your face or something. If the pinwheel moves, then the glass isn't soaking up the rays.

BAM!!

I like it eight bits! Care to give this a try, heart?

Very good. This is done in dowsing tests. The object to be found is placed under the cover, a paper cup for instance, and the dowser is asked to test his method/equipment to make sure it works through the cover medium.

This prevents the dowser from complaining that they failed to find the object amongst ten identical cups because the powers were affected by the cover.

Anyway, I digress, that's for another day ;-)

This is sort of interesting - there's some back and forth, suggestions, trying different approaches. Essentially, people probably are going to grumble until they see something along the lines of the old Nina Kuligina footage, but "real" and where they could tell there is no misdirection involved. Personally I'm not convinced that one can get any kind of definitive "proof" from a homemade video, as there are far too many variables and unknowns, for objective analysis. But keep up the good work, all.

To clear this up once and for all, there's nothing psychic/telekinetic about the videos you posted Heartagram. As I posted in another thread, this morning I tryed to replicate what you did with your wheel without touching it, and it worked no problem. Even when I left the room to go check on my kettle, the wheel was moving on it's own. It's all air currents and such. And before anyone brings it up, no I made sure I didn't breath on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Zf0w-DaKiU

Edited by Blacksabbath

Look...Don't think I went straight to thinking it was TK man...I did all these test...I left my wheel alone, to see if it would spin...I stood next to it, to see if it would spin...I left the room, and peered in through my door...In all those test the wheel DID NOT MOVE! I made sure to take care of other possibilites before I claimed it was TK...

Like I said in another thread...I ran test, so I would know, what conditions would cause the wheel to move, other than TK..I put my hands near it, I stood back, I just left it still in my room...I made sure I knew what would moive it without Tk, to make sure I was doin TK...I didn't just jump staright to the conclusion that I did it...

And as did I? I left the wheel lying for ages while I was setting up the webcam position and all that and it didn't move, until I went to "make" it move. It's because of your body movement creates currents from moving around, and your body heat also affects it I would think. When I left the room a current was left rotating the wheel, specially because I'm wearing jackets and such. Though you say you stood next to it and it didn't move, I'm afraid I cannot take your word for it.

Look, the psi wheel has been debunked being science. It is not the best way to try and prove you have telekinises powers, because it moves by air currents and such. Let me explain a different, yet similar scenario for you.

A leaf is blowing in the wind, but I'm concentrating on it, saying it's my mind power moving it. Then someone comes up and says, no sorry, that's the wind blowing it. And I say no, it's my mind power. Which side are you going to believe?

So it is the same with the psi wheel, it moves by air currents and heat. But now people claim it's mind powers. Who are you going to believe?

BOTH ARE NATURAL FORCES

In my humble opinion, don't even BOTHER trying it underneath a transparent bowl, because that can be faked easily. To me it sounds like you reckon you are quite skilled in your "abilities". If you want to win me, and probably every other skeptic here over, I suggest you try something bigger, and better.

As in the other thread.

Edited by Blacksabbath

I give heart a lot of credit for sticking to it. Keep doing experiments with this heart, it shows great initiative amongst other things. I, as well as most, don't think you will find the results you are looking for, but that hasn't stopped you from trying. And for that you have earned my respect. Keep at it :tu:

As has already been pointed out in this thread, science can be viewed in two ways, as a corpus of received knowledge, or as the method by which reliable knowledge of the world is obtained.

Science as we know it began when Galileo flipped off not only the bigwigs of his church (of which he remained a devout member despite everything), but also Aristotle.

And instead of relying on the combined testimony of the inerrant word of his God and of the greatest human mind that anybody had ever heard of, Galileo looked at things for himself.

He got his hands dirty, probably ran off on a few wild goose chases and snipe hunts, managed to prove that there was only one high tide a day and implied the Pope was a simpleton for believing otherwise, ... but all things considered, not too shabby a scientist.

Now, in that tradition, comes our younger brother Heartagram. And while I appreciate that you mean well, Blacksabbath, H would like to see things for himself, too.

don't even BOTHER trying it underneath a transparent bowl, because that can be faked easily.

Shame on you for suggesting that H would fake anything. Differ with his interpretations of what's in his videos? Sure. Suggest that he would now fake one? No.

H ought to BOTHER trying this because it is the next step in his journey. You are blocking his path. Let him pass. Please.

And black I am afraid I cannot take your word for it.

And what word is this you can't take of mine? I filmed everything I did there.. Go watch it again

Shame on you for suggesting that H would fake anything. Differ with his interpretations of what's in his videos? Sure. Suggest that he would now fake one? No.

H ought to BOTHER trying this because it is the next step in his journey. You are blocking his path. Let him pass. Please.

I suggested that it can be faked yes, and it is the harsh truth. And I suggested he doesn't bother with it, it's up to him to decide if he wants to or not. If he really wants to, it's fine by me.

Edited by Blacksabbath

I don't believe everything about your video.

Haha and how do you think I did it? Magnets and strings? I'm the skeptic here, I'm not here to "fake" anything to ya. I'm here to show you that it can be done without me even trying.