Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Free Energy - No Fuel Magnetic Motor

Karlis

Rabidcat's credentials originate from 32 years in the field of control electronics, a very competitive field. Rabidcat also lays claim to have never collected unemployment during that time in engineering. Rabidcat also has teaching credentials from the state of California, college level.

I could copy dozens of articles from such trade mags as PCIM or IEEE and put them here, but it would be copyright infringement. A quick review of those magazines yields no reference at all to your term, but does yield massive amounts of motor/field/torque/torque ripple/efficiency and so forth equations, which printed here would likely be a complete mystery.

My experience comes from working the field, yours, and your statements, come from browsing the internet, and without proper research, any material you find regarding this or any other subject is useless.

Since you appear to have done no valid research, I see no reason to either defend my statements, which originate from empirical sources, against garbage that can be found anywhere on the net, inclusive of the article in question, whose author is obviously ignorant of the subject. Any good applied physics textbook will supply needed information. I suggest those be used.

Well, I am a Mechanical Engineer. (Only a BS degree I'm afraid and did much of my Senior year studying generators, especially wind turbines, so I don't think I am completely uneducated on the subject of motors and generators.) Given, I'm only 39, so I've only got 15 years of experience in working in the world, so maybe I don't know everything yet.

Magnets are something I only know a little about, but I did look at the three leading manufaturers that popped up in a Google search and they all seemed to use the term MGO in the discription of their products. I also did not see their products listed as simply Neodynium, because there appears to be many types and alloys that use that name. So some of them, such as Neodynium Iron Boron, need more descriptors to set them apart.

My experience comes from working the field, yours, and your statements, come from browsing the internet, and without proper research, any material you find regarding this or any other subject is useless.

Are you saying no proper research can be over the internet? I think many people would disagree with you. I simply went to the first couple sites that Google gave me and looked to see if they used that term (MGO). Which they did, so, I reported as much. The simplist research tool available (Google) gave me information that what you said was wrong. So, I did not need to do deeper research.

Look Here at the bottom is a chart that uses MGOs. That was a 30 second google check to find that.

Here too we find the term MGO used. It is used in just about every manufactuerer that I looked at online, and I looked for a couple hours so far.

Edited by DieChecker

Well, I am a Mechanical Engineer....

I honestly don't think we need to get into a "degree flinging exchange" here. It shouldn't be necessary as our arguments should be able to stand by themselves and I still stand by that a over-unity energy generating device is not possible :)

Cheers,

Badeskov

Edited for typos.

Edited by badeskov

• 1 year later...

I'm going to Dublin on Tuesday and while I'm there I'm gonna pop into the demonstration of STEORN's orbo elecromgnetic energy device. STEORN website

I see that this thread has some participants who really know thier stuff, and was wondering if you fellas have any questions that you'd like me to ask for you. I'm gonna take my camera along to video just in case they baffle me with thier BS (which will not be hard to do).

I reckon I'll ask them how long the magnets are going to last, because I only learnt reading this that they will eventually lose magnetism(??).

So any questions you got, feel free to hit me with them.

p.s. Sorry for necroposting.

cheers

Ste.

Edited by RamblingRebel

Watching the video I can see there is nothing here other people haven't done almost a hundred years ago. The problem is not even that the magnets run down, but that you can not create a frictionless or heat loss resistant system with conventional materials, so the system can not be perpetual, and there are systems that are set up that are already very efficient. What I saw on that video was worthless, and there is no way to proove that it was taped all at the same time, or edited together over an hour, a day or a year. All you have is their say so on what you are seeing.

I would ask what the power source of the generator is and if they say magnetic, ask if the machine needs regular maintenance. If it does, then they are probably replacing the magnets as they weaken. Other magnet generators require expensive maintenance programs that are conducted by "trained" field technicians who will not do the maintenance with anyone watching. There is no such thing as a perpetual motion magnetic device. You can convert "permanant magnet" magnetic fields into electricity, but not perpetually. Think of the magnetic field in a permanant magnet like something that is very high up. You can get energy out of a rock by dropping it, but the energy it looses is the same as it took to lift it. So a magnet only has as much energy as it took to create it. There is no free lunch, only different menus. Ultimately, magnets use oil to power them just like everything else that is created by modern industry.

Steorn challenged the scientific community to investigate their claim and, in December 2006, said that it had chosen a jury of scientists to do so. In June 2009 the jury gave its unanimous verdict that Steorn had not demonstrated the production of energy. Nevertheless, Steorn maintain that they will be launching their technology commercially at the end of 2009.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steorn

The principle of the conservation of energy is one of the most well supported in physics, and yet these scammers continue to operate.

• 2 years later...

I have read alot of the posts on here and still don't have a conclusive reason as to why they wont run. How many people on here have made one? That can tell me exactly what happens and why. Or do I half to build one and see for my self?

I have read alot of the posts on here and still don't have a conclusive reason as to why they wont run. How many people on here have made one? That can tell me exactly what happens and why. Or do I half to build one and see for my self?

Sorry for the double post

Sorry for the double post

• 1 month later...

To Lone.

Yes the Perendev generator works. But ..... The magnets will run out and are expensive to get. He does not sell it only leases it which includes monthly maintenance. It needs nearly constant alignment of the magnets to attain the max efficiency and in the end the cost and labor is not worth what you get. Unless you are made out of money and do not want to be on the grid and geothermal or solar will not work, most if not all places geothermal will work. IT IS NOT Perpetual motion as the US patent said it was when they refused a patent. FYI NASA astronuts did get a Perpetual motion machine to work in space many years ago but it did not make it to the main news. (but whether it woudl run forever is another matter) I had some inside information from NASA when I found out.

I know a guy that made a small version of it and it worked.

Look up Geothermal, It is the future. With simple drilling precautions it can generate all the power US and the world needs. Places near hot spots can even get steam from the ground. They are drilling test wells in Yellowstone, Near Mt Shasta and My Lassen and have in the hot spot at Newberry Crater. They drilled down 1500 feet and got temperatures of 700 deg! Places like that could put in generating plants that would put natural gas and nuclear reactors out of business and that is why it has not been done. We are in the “ring of fire” Hot spots all over. Hawaii, Japan, California, Oregon Washington, Mexico could generate all their power with Geothermal safely and nearly free, (still need workers and maintain the equipment).

The power lobby has way to much political power and stops the even mention of Geothermal. Even Obama has not mentioned its. Solar and wind power yes byt not Geothermal. Because Geothermal will work nearly everywhere 24/7 and solar is only in the sun and wind is not all the time. It costs about $20,000 to put in one geothermal well which will heat and or cool most homes. To generate Electricity it is a bit more expensive and you will need more wells and different equipment. The college where I work put in a few dozen wells that are heating the majority’s of the buildings! They also covered a parking lot with solar panels, like a covered car port.

• 3 months later...

From what I read on manufactures web sights its a couple hundred years unless exposed to heat. And they have a magnetic hardness of 85. So there not susceptible to the problems of aposed fields