Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Artificial Companionship

DreamRebel

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Seraphina

• moe eubleck

• Evil*THE*VEEID

• stillcrazy

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say when i read the title i didnt think that this was what it would contain lol wink2.gif

i think it's rather silly as well!

but if you look at it this way, it does make a litlle sense...

say you have a kid, the child constantly bugs you for a pet. you give this pet. kid gets bored, and realizes pets are lots or work, and stops bugging you

it's good for something i suppose?

Tamagotchi is more like a game than a pet. i used to own one and it was like a game. you got to feed it, zap it for crapping all over, give it meds and clean it, and play with it. it grows up to be different characters. haha so much fun.

grin2.giflaugh.gifgrin2.giflaugh.gif

Moe's train of thought eventually lead him to question if posting constantly on UO can be catagorized as "artificial companionship".

I dont have to show my face, look you in the eyes, offer you drinks, excuse myself for rude bodily functions, clean up the house before you visit, clean up the house while you visit.....

I need to get out more..... crying.gif

This is why kids go lala and cant form normal relationships!

*cleans barell, checks sight, re-reads tower bluprints*

haha Tamagotchi is fun, but it ends by itself, like a self destruction bomb set to go off. all the characters do go away. so I got to create a new pet.

laugh.gif

I had a Tamagotchi once, back when they were a big thing...it was this silly little bird, that I eventually managed to nurture into an adult bird, before I realised it wasn't all that exciting whatsoever huh.gif

"feed..poop...clean...repeat"

What's the point of having an artificial pet..or in this case friend I guess, given we're talking about robots...when there's no real interaction possible huh.gif There's a difference between cleaning up for a collection of pixels, and the rewards of nuturing a real animal that'll actually recognise you and spend time with you tongue.gif

As opposed to just making a buzzing sound when it's taken a poop, and wants you to press the button to get rid of it blink.gif

My little sister use to have a Tamagotchi but one day he went crazy (beeeeeeepppppp) all day long. So I took it and throw it by the window (2nd floor).

Those fake animals are so ugly and so dumm !

They are so many poor little animals all alone that are waiting for a children !!!

and the rewards of nuturing a real animal that'll actually recognise you and spend time with you

um...just for the record, that was supposed to say "the rewards of nurturing a real animal"...just incase anyone thought it was supposed to say "the rewards of neutering a real animal" wacko.gifwacko.gifwacko.gif

"the rewards of neutering a real animal"  that'll actually recognise you and spend time with you

Yes, I'm sure it'll definitely recognise you after that, not so sure about the wanting to spend time with you though. tongue.gif

feed..poop...clean...repeat

a look into the minds of most human beings....

keep those wheels turning.