Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral travel?

Enigma123

Hello, this is my first time in a forum so I feel like I am in a tiny white box LOL I have lived much of my life in my daydream time because as I now realize I am sensitive to others emotions and physical maladies. Much stronger these days but have a question about lucid dreaming. I've always loved dream time and used to plan out my dreams for fun and to work on things. I have rarely had a nightmare (unless ate too much) because I usually know I am dreaming. There are some strange things that I have noticed over time and not sure if maybe I have had lucid dreams or astral traveled. I have read that astral travel is bright and clear and not strange like a dream but the times that I felt that I have been in that "between" place and have flown it was usually murky and either people were trying to pull at my feet or else the "dream"deteriorated into something stupid so I'd dismiss it. Or as this morning I felt like I was wiggling out of my body like a butterfly but knew my sleeping body wasn't moving. So I thought, hey, maybe I will astral travel and I looked around. I saw my room just fine but then I decided that I will know if this is astral travel if I can fly around down in the parking lot that I was looking at below my window. Unfortunately I didn't know how to get through the glass and thought, "well this can't be astral travel if I can't even get through the bleepin' "real" world glass." I stopped to think that maybe I should just raise the window and maybe wouldn't be afraid to go through the screen. That's when I said, "Ok hold up, how in the world can this be astral travel if there are no guides and I am having such an stupid discussion with myself!?" So I told myself to wake up and I did and just groggily shook my head. What the heck is this in-between place?

Edited by Enigma123

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enigma123

• DfizzleShizzle

• MarkSteven

• Thisisnotmyname

Hello, this is my first time in a forum so I feel like I am in a tiny white box LOL I have lived much of my life in my daydream time because as I now realize I am sensitive to others emotions and physical maladies. Much stronger these days but have a question about lucid dreaming. I've always loved dream time and used to plan out my dreams for fun and to work on things. I have rarely had a nightmare (unless ate too much) because I usually know I am dreaming. There are some strange things that I have noticed over time and not sure if maybe I have had lucid dreams or astral traveled. I have read that astral travel is bright and clear and not strange like a dream but the times that I felt that I have been in that "between" place and have flown it was usually murky and either people were trying to pull at my feet or else the "dream"deteriorated into something stupid so I'd dismiss it. Or as this morning I felt like I was wiggling out of my body like a butterfly but knew my sleeping body wasn't moving. So I thought, hey, maybe I will astral travel and I looked around. I saw my room just fine but then I decided that I will know if this is astral travel if I can fly around down in the parking lot that I was looking at below my window. Unfortunately I didn't know how to get through the glass and thought, "well this can't be astral travel if I can't even get through the bleepin' "real" world glass." I stopped to think that maybe I should just raise the window and maybe wouldn't be afraid to go through the screen. That's when I said, "Ok hold up, how in the world can this be astral travel if there are no guides and I am having such an stupid discussion with myself!?" So I told myself to wake up and I did and just groggily shook my head. What the heck is this in-between place?

AP is diffrent for everyone..Not everyone sees their guides...Some do, some don't...And, if you expect not to get through a solid object you wont...You have to just go trhough it...

I went though the same thing, I had to abide by the rules of the real world. Once you get to doing it frequently and you get used to it, you just stop caring about laws and go where you like.

I still don't think that AP'ing is a special ability. It just being able to imagine yourself at a certain location and get similar electric impulses being sent to your brain like if you where actually there, giving you the illusion that you are actually there. At this point, the only way to do this is to be in deep sleep, and forget about the real world.

I went though the same thing, I had to abide by the rules of the real world. Once you get to doing it frequently and you get used to it, you just stop caring about laws and go where you like.

I still don't think that AP'ing is a special ability. It just being able to imagine yourself at a certain location and get similar electric impulses being sent to your brain like if you where actually there, giving you the illusion that you are actually there. At this point, the only way to do this is to be in deep sleep, and forget about the real world.

Interesting, sounds like another type of Remote viewing when you describe it that way. But it seems like remote viewing would be more "real" looking and what I see is so murky and dark or maybe my brain hasn't learned to see in that in between place yet? Wonder if this AP hidden desire is what is waking me up at 3-4am for the past week in a half. It was happening at 411. I had to laugh as it seemed someone was telling me I need to call information but nothing happens I just lie there and no great epiphanies or AP's. Just tired every morning. LOL:huh:

It doesn't entirely fit with the theosophical description, but my best guess is it's the Lower Astral...They always characterize it with murky, dark coloration of things, relatively dim sight in general...the people who find themselves there generally are people who are overtaken with...uhh...physical urges, if you know what I mean. More "pure" individuals are generally thought to have no reason to be there. I obviously know nothing about you, nor am I saying you are like this; it's just me trying to connect what I've read to your description. I've never been there though. Frankly, I have only astral projected once and it was through a dream.

So yea, just my two cents.

It doesn't entirely fit with the theosophical description, but my best guess is it's the Lower Astral...They always characterize it with murky, dark coloration of things, relatively dim sight in general...the people who find themselves there generally are people who are overtaken with...uhh...physical urges, if you know what I mean. More "pure" individuals are generally thought to have no reason to be there. I obviously know nothing about you, nor am I saying you are like this; it's just me trying to connect what I've read to your description. I've never been there though. Frankly, I have only astral projected once and it was through a dream.

So yea, just my two cents.

Thanks, I hear you. No offense taken and thanks for your response. I was reading on another site that often times when a person is new to being aware or lucid in the astral state that it often deteriorates into a dream full of subconscious symbolisms. And that sometimes it takes time to adjust to see with conscious eyes in the astral state where we perceive a little differently. Yes I too have heard of the lower astral planes but am now wondering if there is such a thing or is it just our conscious fears and concerns from our waking day projecting over the field of the astral. hmmm.... Especially when reads things about people getting attacked and having ugly things happen in the astral then other accounts of people never having these experiences.

I'm thinking that maybe it's like when we have bad dreams (I only do when I eat too late or am sick) we color our astral with our human fears thus mucking up the waters and creating the hybrid we call lower astral. Some blogs I've found on the subject mention opening your heart when you see something scary or dark in the astral (like we can do in our dreams) and it immediately changes to something else less dramatic. I guess it's like the Sixth Sense -- those non-physicals were terrifying him until he accepted them then he saw them simply as beings without bodies.

Astral projected through a dream? Is that lucid dreaming or is it all just levels of the same thing? Amazing is this world and...non-world

Thanks, I hear you. No offense taken and thanks for your response. I was reading on another site that often times when a person is new to being aware or lucid in the astral state that it often deteriorates into a dream full of subconscious symbolisms. And that sometimes it takes time to adjust to see with conscious eyes in the astral state where we perceive a little differently. Yes I too have heard of the lower astral planes but am now wondering if there is such a thing or is it just our conscious fears and concerns from our waking day projecting over the field of the astral. hmmm.... Especially when reads things about people getting attacked and having ugly things happen in the astral then other accounts of people never having these experiences.

I'm thinking that maybe it's like when we have bad dreams (I only do when I eat too late or am sick) we color our astral with our human fears thus mucking up the waters and creating the hybrid we call lower astral. Some blogs I've found on the subject mention opening your heart when you see something scary or dark in the astral (like we can do in our dreams) and it immediately changes to something else less dramatic. I guess it's like the Sixth Sense -- those non-physicals were terrifying him until he accepted them then he saw them simply as beings without bodies.

Astral projected through a dream? Is that lucid dreaming or is it all just levels of the same thing? Amazing is this world and...non-world

Well, the astral plane is considered by some to be the plane of emotions. Obviously certain emotions are more or less 'pure' than others. According to most theosophical authors, the less pure of emotions are denser than the more pure. I guess you can think of it as the "bad" emotions "sinking" to the "bottom" and the "good" emotions thus "floating" to the "top" (or staying in place). So that's one way of thinking of the lower astral. And you're right, it is affected by your conscious fears and concerns, by definition - it is the emotional plane. Many astral travellers who do so regularly (though not necessarily) will usually have a meditation exercise of some sort or other that they do before projecting, with an intent to free themselves from negativity that "weighs them down."

"through a dream" was an incorrect way of putting it on my part. My bad. I've been working heavily on astral projection for a decent length of time now, and pretty recently, during an attempt at projection I fell asleep. However, instead of dreaming as I normally would, I found myself "Awake" on the astral plane. It wasn't a very long projection, but I wasn't expecting it to be.

entering a different level, is done by changing your vibration rate, this plane is the lowest, everything else is above or a higher vibrational rate. negative energy will draw negative energy, positive attracts positive, the opposite of a magnet so to speak lol. i don't think anything is bad, rather a type of energy.

Mark, I heard we were the middle plain...Cause there are upper and lower plains...

Thanks thisisnotmyname,

Well if my murky experiences on the astral plane have been due to murky emotions it makes me wonder if those incredibly wonderful lucid flying dreams are astral travel "after" I am already in alignment...wow love those...um lucid dreams? APs? ATs? What ever they are they are wonderful. Maybe I should look closer at those experiences rather then focusing on the few murky ones. I fully agree with you marksteven about there being no bad just different frequencies of energy.

Edited by Enigma123

Just a word on passing through solid objects. One way to overcome this is to merge your molecules with/between those of the wall or window you are trying to pass through.

You need to try and align the vibrational frequency of your molecules and those of the objects so that they meld together.

You will then be able to slip very easily through glass and thin walls. Because tou lose visibility if passing through thick walls or travelling some distance underground, it is important to develop a sense of both direction and locatio. As long as you keep moving in a known direction you wil be okay even though you may feel lost and disoriented. This skill is well worth developing in both obe/remote viewing and lucid dreaming. In the former it allows you to get inside buildings quite easily for more accurate obsevation. In the later it is just fun and allows for more creaative story lines to develop.

If you are an experienced lucid dreamer it should not take you long to go through thin walls, and a bit longer to pass through several metres of rock.(perhaps a month or two)

Of course this is not physically essential, but it is a way of convincing your subconscious mind of the posibility, and thus freeing your mind from the idea that you cannot pass through solid .objects. Most people when learning to fly have to develop that subconscious suspension of disbelief, before they can effectively control how and where they fly.

Astral travel is apparently completely different from obe or remote viewing. One is impossible to physically verify, The other can be checked through talking to peolpl you observe and by physically checking that the objects you viewed are actually there, and the same, within the real world. Without this verification, controlled lucid dreams and true obe /remote viewing are almost impossible to tell apart, in my experience.

Mr Walker that sounds like a good idea. I guess if we are taking our physically limited beliefs into the non-physical it is nice to utilize the logic and a bit of quantum physics LOL I remember spending a few weeks learning to levitate (at the time I thought I was just dreaming now I think it was AP) every night after I was asleep I would work on it. Finally I got good at not TRYING to move but simply BEING where I wanted to go. After your explanations on AP, OBE and RV I think that AP might be like getting caught up in another world like this one but just more subtle like the Ek and Urantia and Shambala philosophies believe?? That seems like a lot of stuff to get through, I'm having enough challenges trying not to listen to our news and Mr. Bush. Or maybe that is just one layer of the Astral.

Funny you mentioned about the vibrational frequencies. Years ago after reading Autobiography of a Yogi I was so frustrated and confused that I could not move through walls when I knew myself and all things to simply be vibrations of energy. I knew that all things are made of the same particles/non-particles/waves/non-waves just aligned in different frequencies or codes. I wouldn't find it strange if one was able to make an apple appear in ones hand. But then my quest to understand how to adjust the codes led me deeper into the study of quantum physics... haven't figured it out yet but it just seems so...logical and interesting.

I have AP a few times in my life, but not by choice.It always happened while I was sleeping, then got to a point where I thought I knew how to do it at will if I wanted to.I just imagine I am floating along side of a tall never ending building, or even on a ferris wheel, and right at the moment the brain slips into the unconciense "there is a fine line there" thats when it can happen.The first time though it happened to me I was in the middle of a dead sleep, and all of a sudden I was awake and floating out of my body and through the roof of the house, but then I would black out and the process would repeat it self"about a dozen times".The last time it happened, I was on my bed in the basement and I was floating out of my body, "mind you this always scared me, because I didn't have controll over what was happening".I tried to grab the side of the bed to hold me down, but my arms went right through the bed and concrete floor.I looked down and saw my body below me in the same position I fell alseep in.This all was kind of frightening to me, "and I thought to my self I want to go back into my body", and I did.

It was a cool experience I suppose, but It hans't happened to me in years,and I don't try to do it on purpose because it doens't feel natural to me.

QUOTE (jonny b @ Mar 20 2008, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have AP a few times in my life, but not by choice.It always happened while I was sleeping, then got to a point where I thought I knew how to do it at will if I wanted to.I just imagine I am floating along side of a tall never ending building, or even on a ferris wheel, and right at the moment the brain slips into the unconciense "there is a fine line there" thats when it can happen.The first time though it happened to me I was in the middle of a dead sleep, and all of a sudden I was awake and floating out of my body and through the roof of the house, but then I would black out and the process would repeat it self"about a dozen times".The last time it happened, I was on my bed in the basement and I was floating out of my body, "mind you this always scared me, because I didn't have controll over what was happening".I tried to grab the side of the bed to hold me down, but my arms went right through the bed and concrete floor.I looked down and saw my body below me in the same position I fell alseep in.This all was kind of frightening to me, "and I thought to my self I want to go back into my body", and I did.

It was a cool experience I suppose, but It hans't happened to me in years,and I don't try to do it on purpose because it doens't feel natural to me.

That sounds pretty amazing and a little scary to the mind. Even though your experiences here weren't full of the bells and whistles and colorful events of some peoples AP or OBE's I related to it much more. I have mostly done these things also just by happening to become aware in dream time but I have never looked down at my own body as (mostly I guess mine were Lucid Dreaming). Often times it was just fun to watch my dreams like a movie but sometimes I went beyond the movie.

It is amazing how well our brain is reinforced with the belief that if it is unknown it must be a threat. When I tried to pop out of my body once while in meditation I felt a pushing from inside like muscles tightening through my whole body but my muscles were relaxed. Then I got scared because I felt an equal downward pressure that sent my brain into fear. I felt that I walked across the room and back but then was so full of ignorant fear I tried to get back to myself and wake up so I said some religious quote.. LOL (I know that was silly but when you are scared sometimes you only remember the silly things in the movies or from catechism). Not being raised in a set religion I found my reaction funny and started to laugh at myself and I instantly I was back.

I'll try the wall idea maybe just starting in daydream when I am tired. My challenge has always been, since a kid, trying to be conscious so I could be aware at the point of falling asleep this usually resulted in just keeping myself awake most of the night. My brain finally told me "you can't there from here." but still I try to catch that shift.