Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My "psychic" power

Live Free or Die

Basically a few seconds before something bad happens (some type of bodily injury or preventable death), as long as I am in pretty close proximity to the person who it is about to happen to, I know what is going to happen.

Is this just me being very aware of my surrounding and seeing the possible danger before they do, or a psychic ability? I have no idea, but I tested it when it first started happening to make sure I wasnt just being over paranoid, or maybe to prove to myself that it wasnt real. I would see what was going to happen to someone and not say anything to stop it, or not phsyically stop it...and just like I "saw" it...that person would get injured/hurt. Obviously I'm not always near someone who is about to get hurt/injured/killed, but when I am I always stop it from happening....even if it is just in my head.

Thoughts? Psychic? Good Instincts? Above average awarness?

to make it clear, by close proximity, I mean a few feet. Talking/touch distance.

Edited by Live Free or Die

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Live Free or Die

• AngelOfMusic

• DfizzleShizzle

• SS79

Sounds like premonition...I have only had a few precognitative dreams, but not true procognition...It was actually like Deja-Vu, cept it came in my sleep...Not even sure if it premonition..Like, I have Deja-Vu that plays over the course of a minute or two,so I kinda know whats gonna happen...Like, I've been able to stop myself from getting hit with basketballs in gym usin these, I've been able to know exactly what someone will say...But, you should try to induce lucid dreams maybe....You might be good at it...

Its difficult to say really . I believe we all have intuition some sharper than others . but i also think if we are in close proximity when something occurs and we sense it then there could be subtle signs that our concsious mind misses yet is picked up by the subconcsious without us being aware of it . similar to the way subliminal messages work. It could be that your brain processed this information without you realising it and fed it back to you making you think it was a new thought when in fact you had picked up the information from outside stimuli :)

Maybe if you were to share some specific happeneings with us it would be easier to discern .

SS79

Hope that made sense im really tired . :sleepy: need more coffee me thinks ;)

I believe that he is talking more about real-time danger calculations/predictions. I get this quite often. Like your in a place and things are happening and then, suddenly you get like a feeling/vision of something highly probable that will happen that would involve pain of some sort to people around you? Something among those lines.

Like, some part of your mind calculates many bad things that could happen and then something would happen, but you know that it was going to happen and so you stop it? ..... ughhh.... it's hard to put into words.

Okay, basically, you have a "Sixth-Sense" where you get an instinct where you know something bad is going to happen? Just without the 'super-power' things?

Well it sounds like precognition, but precognition that is specific to close-proximity locations, dangerous situations, and happens quickly, like a reflex. It actually sounds a lot like spider-man's spider-sense, just in case a comic book reference might help. Have you ever tried to stop things like this from happening, like when you feel an accident coming try to use those instincts to save the person?

Yea, when I have my deja-vu, where I can see what will happen in a few seconds, I love to stop what is supposed to happen...You get this iwerd feeling when you do it though...

I have a (notabally very slight) gift of precognition. it only happens occasionally; i think something almost completely random (e.g "hmm, i wonder if i could learn spanish") and something relating to what i have just thaught will happen (e.g a person accross the room will start a conversation about spain) maybe its just coincidence.

Well it sounds like precognition, but precognition that is specific to close-proximity locations, dangerous situations, and happens quickly, like a reflex. It actually sounds a lot like spider-man's spider-sense, just in case a comic book reference might help. Have you ever tried to stop things like this from happening, like when you feel an accident coming try to use those instincts to save the person?

Actually, I have used this "power" to save several people from being injured. I'll give a few specific examples.

A guy at work had leaned down next to a work bench to tie one of his shoes, I immediatley knew when he raised up he was going to be hurt, as I was walking over it became obvious he was at an angle that was going to cause the back of his head and neck to hit the bench he had leaned down next to. I put my hand on the back of his head and pushed it off to the side to keep him from hitting his head on the bottom of the work bench. As I pushed his head out of the way, the force from his head made my hand slight raise and to my suprise I was cut but a nail sticking out about 5 inches through the bottom of the bench. I did not know the nail was there prior to it cutting my hand, had I not suddenly known he was going to get hurt and walked over to push his head out of the way he could have very well put his head or neck through that nail.

I realize that is nothing special...but I knew he was going to be injured even before It was clear he was going to hit his head on the bottom of the bench...

another example...

I was next to a lady on an esculator when I had the feeling she was going to lose her balance and fall backwards, I took a step back behind her, she lost her balance, but before she could start to fall I simply put my hand on her back and let her catch her balance.

another example...

I was sitting on my couch in the middle of the day when I heard a knock at the door, a buddy of mine was going to answer the door when I stopped him, I knew something wasn't right, I had him wait until I was standing behind him with a pistol. He answered the door, it was 3 thuggish males asking obvious random question (just trying to get someone to open the door), when the guy at the door saw my handgun he immediatley got very polite and walked away. Now maybe that was nothing, but I've answered the door in the middle of the day a thousand times without thinking twice about it...but that time, I knew something wasn't right. Did I prevent something from happening, I dont know.

There are many more...but most are pretty uneventful, just like the ones above.

When I first started experiencing this, I would sometimes not do anything, just to see if it really would happen. I did this twice, both times it happened and people were hurt, now I always do something.

Actually, I have used this "power" to save several people from being injured. I'll give a few specific examples.

A guy at work had leaned down next to a work bench to tie one of his shoes, I immediatley knew when he raised up he was going to be hurt, as I was walking over it became obvious he was at an angle that was going to cause the back of his head and neck to hit the bench he had leaned down next to. I put my hand on the back of his head and pushed it off to the side to keep him from hitting his head on the bottom of the work bench. As I pushed his head out of the way, the force from his head made my hand slight raise and to my suprise I was cut but a nail sticking out about 5 inches through the bottom of the bench. I did not know the nail was there prior to it cutting my hand, had I not suddenly known he was going to get hurt and walked over to push his head out of the way he could have very well put his head or neck through that nail.

I realize that is nothing special...but I knew he was going to be injured even before It was clear he was going to hit his head on the bottom of the bench...

another example...

I was next to a lady on an esculator when I had the feeling she was going to lose her balance and fall backwards, I took a step back behind her, she lost her balance, but before she could start to fall I simply put my hand on her back and let her catch her balance.

another example...

I was sitting on my couch in the middle of the day when I heard a knock at the door, a buddy of mine was going to answer the door when I stopped him, I knew something wasn't right, I had him wait until I was standing behind him with a pistol. He answered the door, it was 3 thuggish males asking obvious random question (just trying to get someone to open the door), when the guy at the door saw my handgun he immediatley got very polite and walked away. Now maybe that was nothing, but I've answered the door in the middle of the day a thousand times without thinking twice about it...but that time, I knew something wasn't right. Did I prevent something from happening, I dont know.

There are many more...but most are pretty uneventful, just like the ones above.

When I first started experiencing this, I would sometimes not do anything, just to see if it really would happen. I did this twice, both times it happened and people were hurt, now I always do something.

note to self, be carful which door you knock at in the future :P, i think you are very lucky that you had a bit of a warning, that could have been bad. I'm glad it wasnt. It could have been awkward though if it was your neighbour :P, but still who wants to take the chance.

I dont have any ability, I dont think I do anyway, sometimes I can guess what people are gonna say, but ti doesnt happen that often.

The definition of phychic is someone with the ability to perceive things hidden from the senses through means of ESP...From the examples that you wrote, it sounds as if you have some kind of a gift, and it is being used in the right way... :)

You are blessed to have this kind of gift, definitely! You must deserve it ^_^

I don't think i have much of a gift either blue guardian, i've APed twice, have slight slight sliiiiiiiight ESP, and i can guess minor things that are going to happen.

Good luck with this wonderful ability!

Best Wishes, AoM xx

Something very strange happened this weekend, someone got hurt right next to me...and I didn't know it was going to happen; but not 45 minutes later I was approaching an intersection and suddenly knew someone was going to run the red light and I would get hit if I drove through....I slowed down....and a car ran the redlight just has I saw it...

My question is...why do you think I didnt see the kid getting hurt?

Because as you increase your sample size, your overall results tend to approach the average level of perfomance. Small samples can easily have unrepresentative results, an especially high proportion of hits (or especially low, but we wouldn't hear much about low-hit-rate samples here).

As to 45 minutes later, you sized up an intersection before driving through it. You have just about the best visual processing system of any mammal. It worked.

Edited by eight bits

Can we just say its psychic anyway, eight bits? Pleeeeeeeeease? Its nice and makes you feelspecial ^_^

Best Wishes, AoM xx

My 2 cents -- btw love the handle Live Free or Die... beats the heck out of empathy for sure. If you can use it for good and stop bad things that is incredible. But I find along with the 'curse' of empathy any slight foresight you can't save everyone. When your number is up it is up. Keep on and you can do great things.

Because... when I rarely do see things I am only shown what is given. Empathy sucks lately as I see people - really see - and I can't save them. Sometimes I can't even say boo about what I see. Sometimes I do and they don't get it and it doesn't help a bit. I watch and hurt as they self-destruct. I cheer me up by those I do help and even one is worth the heartache.