Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

dream

Leslie1210

Hello Everyone,

I am not sure where to post this. I am wondering if anyone knows what touching third eye to third eye would mean?

I keep having dreams where I am touching other people's foreheads with mine as if we are touching third eyes.

this may not be the right forum.. any ideas? or suggestions about where I could find more info on this?

thanks!

Leslie S

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Leslie1210

• AeonsOld

• John from Lowell

• eight bits

Hi, Leslie. Welcome aboard.

Forehead-to-forehead is a standard pose of intimate friendly contact.

Our foreheads are well supplied with sensory nerves and muscles,

so that they are both sensitive and expressive. Broad, gentle pressure

across the forehead is also soothing and relaxing, especially when

the recipient is tired or stressed.

In short, pleasant dreams.

As to information about what the forehead symbolized in India, the

web is awash with all things kundalini, a searchable term, and the

"third eye" is also called the sixth chakra, or ajna.

On the other hand, if you wish to explore your own dreams, then it

would be most productive to consider what this imagery means to you,

rather than what it meant to somebody else, unless you have substantial

contact with Indian culture. Note also that many cultures have adorned

the forehead for a variety of reasons, including Indian culture, e.g.

the Brahmin "dot" emblem.

Finally, dream elements are often symbols rather than signs. That is,

the elements' meanings depend on the contexts of the dreams in which

they appear, as well as the dreamer's circumstances at the time. It is

simply the nature of symbolic thought that there is very rarely any single

one-to-one substitution between a symbol and an interpretation, even

within a single dream.

Hope that helps.

Hi Leslie,

Welcome to UM.

The third eye is used for non verbal or non visual communication. It is opened or activated for things like channeling or telepathy. I agree with everything eight bits mentioned.

John

Hello and thanks for responding!

Yes, I agree with your thoughts on symbolic meaning v.s. a type of sign. Actually I think I'm getting clearer on what the dreams could mean. When things were troublesome for my son or myself, we would practice going 'to a higher place' to find resolution. I had expressed to him that this could be done by focusing on the third eye. Now in these dreams I am touching the forehead of the Black Madonna and a Mother Goddess and so perhaps the meaning here is that this would be a time for me to practice being in a higher place through third eye meditations etc. These two images were trying to get a message across to me. Think I got it!

thanks again,

Leslie

what a week for dream talk... and how nice you and encouraging your child to use this media for assistance. we all know that dreamtime normally is where we work out things. but... it has been a true gift for me. an escape at 3-4 from terrible things i lived and still do more in dreams than awake.

at first a blessed relief when i could not understand then it kept on as i grew. each see and understand differently. your eye is not mine. bless you and in educating and leading your child. when blessed this way was my path to sanity and wisdom when i was truly helpless against terrible events beyond my control.

what a week for dream talk... and how nice you and encouraging your child to use this media for assistance. we all know that dreamtime normally is where we work out things. but... it has been a true gift for me. an escape at 3-4 from terrible things i lived and still do more in dreams than awake.

at first a blessed relief when i could not understand then it kept on as i grew. each see and understand differently. your eye is not mine. bless you and in educating and leading your child. when blessed this way was my path to sanity and wisdom when i was truly helpless against terrible events beyond my control.

Hi AeonsOld,

so sorry to hear about your rough childhood. I had one too. I do think it's possible to heal that stuff and come around full circle to a place of peace. Hope this is happening for you!

Leslie

ABSOLUTELY. I am the sanest person in my whole family. Certifiably sane by the State Board of Psychiatry!!!!!!! Nothing like some official validation to shore up my belief that I was not the one with the problem...

I am a tough old bird. My greatest joys in life are teaching and learning. It is a 2-way street if you can communicate. If you speak two different lingos it's hard. One says "don't jump it's dumb" The other says "Don't call me stupid"

All I asked for a while back was wisdom and patience. Be careful what you ask for... these past 40 years have been an awfully long lesson that is not over yet.

ABSOLUTELY. I am the sanest person in my whole family. Certifiably sane by the State Board of Psychiatry!!!!!!! Nothing like some official validation to shore up my belief that I was not the one with the problem...

I am a tough old bird. My greatest joys in life are teaching and learning. It is a 2-way street if you can communicate. If you speak two different lingos it's hard. One says "don't jump it's dumb" The other says "Don't call me stupid"

All I asked for a while back was wisdom and patience. Be careful what you ask for... these past 40 years have been an awfully long lesson that is not over yet.

Sounds like the serenity prayer. ;)

I need several blank copies of those certificates that officially say "You are not the one with the problem" That way I can use them in a variety of situations. I will call a psychiatrist and ask them to send me some.