Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Universal Knowledge

LucidElement

i was just thinking to myself about universal knowledge.. i made that term up myself just now hehe, or at least i thought i did.. but anyways..

i was just thinking, does anyone know alot about every topic ever?? maybe you all know some historical figures that were "sharp" in every aspect...

for instance; did einstien know alot about the stock market, did newton know world power, did hitler know about the law of physics, does barry bonds know about globalization.. "just examples".. it might seem like a dumb question, but i thought id run w/it.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LucidElement

• Mademoiselle

• eight bits

• SQLserver

You can Google terms like polymath or phrases like "Renaissance man".

Newton was Chancellor of the Exchequer (Treasury Secretary), and contributed those little ridges on the edge of coins. He was an accomplished alchemist (whatever that means), and a speculative theologian (ending up something like what might now be called "Unitarian"). So, not too narrow.

Aristotle wrote about nearly everything, but he got a lot wrong. Socrates didn't know anything, or so he said. Most people think he was fairly sharp, though.

The "party line" on this is that there is so much that somebody knows today that it is less and less possible that anybody would personally know everything that somebody knows. Then again, maybe the schools aren't as good as they used to be :) .

haha that could be true, maybe schools are going downhill..but back in the day there werent schools..and look at the brilliant people then.. maybe we should just get rid of school!! YAYYY!!! haha, besides everything you wanna no is on the internet anyways.

did hitler know about the law of physics

Hitler=Radical Christian.

Radical Christians=Believe every word in bible.

Words in Bible != Laws of Physics.

So therefore, it can be determined Hitler knew very little about the laws of physics.

You can Google terms like polymath or phrases like "Renaissance man".

Newton was Chancellor of the Exchequer (Treasury Secretary), and contributed those little ridges on the edge of coins. He was an accomplished alchemist (whatever that means), and a speculative theologian (ending up something like what might now be called "Unitarian"). So, not too narrow.

Aristotle wrote about nearly everything, but he got a lot wrong. Socrates didn't know anything, or so he said. Most people think he was fairly sharp, though.

The "party line" on this is that there is so much that somebody knows today that it is less and less possible that anybody would personally know everything that somebody knows. Then again, maybe the schools aren't as good as they used to be :) .

Quite interesting actually !!

haha that could be true, maybe schools are going downhill..but back in the day there werent schools..and look at the brilliant people then.. maybe we should just get rid of school!! YAYYY!!! haha, besides everything you wanna no is on the internet anyways.

schools are good, but 99 % of them teach stuff that are designed to prepare you for life.. they dont prepare you to think great thoughts, only to survive in the real world..

• 4 weeks later...
i was just thinking to myself about universal knowledge.. i made that term up myself just now hehe, or at least i thought i did.. but anyways..

i was just thinking, does anyone know alot about every topic ever?? maybe you all know some historical figures that were "sharp" in every aspect...

for instance; did einstien know alot about the stock market, did newton know world power, did hitler know about the law of physics, does barry bonds know about globalization.. "just examples".. it might seem like a dumb question, but i thought id run w/it.

The term I use is ‘Cosmic Consciousness’ after reading the book named that by Richard Maurice Bucke, M.D. The occurrence examined in the book is the same one that I experienced back in the 1980’s and has redefined the purpose of my life.