Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

meet the biggest rabbit

chemical-licker

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...in_page_id=1770

Weighing in at a whopping three stone, meet the world's biggest rabbit

If you thought Roberto the rabbit was a heavyweight thumper, meet his mate.

Measuring an astonishing four foot from the tip of her nose to her bumper bobtail, this is Amy the Continental Giant who has stolen her partner's crown as the world's largest rabbit.

Scroll down for more...

linked-imageHuge: Amy the rabbit, from Worcester, weighs in at almost three stone - making her the world's biggest. She is pictured with her owner Annette Edwards

Weighing in at an incredible three-and-a-half stone, the mammoth mother of 32 has now eclipsed her mate Roberto by nearly a stone and half a foot in length to thump her way into the Guinness Book of Records.

The reversal of fortunes in the battle of the superbunnies has astonished the owner of the heavyweight pair, Annette Edwards.

It was in 2004 that the Daily Mail highlighted Roberto, who was 3ft 6in from back legs to front paws and weighed an astonishing 35lb – heavier than the average three-year-old child.

At that time Amy, who is a year Roberto's junior, was a mere 18 inches long and weighed just over a stone. Two years later Roberto fought off challenges to his title from a German giant called Rudi, who weighs 22 pounds and measures a mere 3ft 1ins in length.

Scroll down for more...

linked-imageGiant bunny Amy dwarfs a normal-sized rabbit

But the four-year-old buck was finally overtaken by his mate Amy last month. The doe is now so huge that she has to sleep in an outside dog kennel.

Every day she chomps through enough rabbit food to fill a dog's bowl, as well as two apples, a handful of carrots, half a cabbage and fresh hay.

But Mrs Edwards, 55, of Worcester, who spends £10 a day on Amy's food, claims that she is not overweight and eats healthily.

She said: "I never thought I would see it but Amy is now officially bigger than Roberto. "She is enormous but not because she over eats on junk but because she gets plenty of exercise and eats very healthily.

Scroll down for more...

linked-imageHuge: Amy the rabbit, from Worcester, weighs in at almost three stone - making her the world's biggest. She is pictured with her owner Annette Edwards

linked-image "Amy is a fussy eater, the carrots must have their green tops still on, and the hay has to be fresh and green or she won't go near it."

Now Mrs Edwards hopes that the next record holder will be one of Roberto and Amy's 32 offspring. Both rabbits were bought from a breeder in Holland while Mrs Edwards was running the Bunnyland pet shop in Worcester.

Two years ago, Mrs Edwards arranged a wedding ceremony for the pair inviting 100 guests to attend the ceremony near her Worcestershire home.

She added: "Luckily there are no jealousy issues - they get on fine. We do have to keep them separate because if they come to together they start mating - like rabbits.

"She is a dopey thing to be honest, she loves children and she loves attention and she adores my other pets.

"The next record holder will be one of their children - which are all big but still have some growing to do.

"I love the rabbits and I seriously doubt there is a bigger pair in the world right now. They certainly are an incredible pair of bunnies!"

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chemical-licker

• chaoszerg

• Bear's Quest

• TruthIs

Steroids will do that to you, but it comes at a cost!

"Amy is a fussy eater, the carrots must have their green tops still on, and the hay has to be fresh and green or she won't go near it." Soon it will snap!

HASENPFEFFER (PEPPERY RABBIT STEW)

1 (30 lb.) rabbit, cleaned, dressed & disjointed

16 tsp. peppercorns

16 tsp. mustard seeds

30 bay leaves

40 cloves garlic

10 lg. onion, sliced thin

10 c. water

5 c. plus 2 tbsp. unsifted flour

2 1/2 c. butter

10 tsp. salt

5 c. dry red wine or water

10 tsp. sugar

Place rabbit in huge cooking vessel. Tie spices and bay leaves in cheesecloth and simmer; covered, with vinegar and onion for 5 minutes. Pour over rabbit; cover, and refrigerate 1-2 days, turning rabbit occasionally. Lift rabbit from marinade (do not dry and lift with your legs, not your back) and dredge in 5 cup flour; brown in butter in a big giant skillet.

Transfer to 30 quart kettle. Brown remaining flour in drippings; strain marinade, add and heat, stirring until thickened. Pour over rabbit, add onion and cheesecloth bag, also remaining ingredients cover and simmer until rabbit is tender. Check liquid level occasionally, adding water if mixture thickens too much.

----------------------------

:o:lol:

jk

Edited by Pinky Floyd

HASENPFEFFER (PEPPERY RABBIT STEW)

1 (30 lb.) rabbit, cleaned, dressed & disjointed

16 tsp. peppercorns

16 tsp. mustard seeds

30 bay leaves

40 cloves garlic

10 lg. onion, sliced thin

10 c. water

5 c. plus 2 tbsp. unsifted flour

2 1/2 c. butter

10 tsp. salt

5 c. dry red wine or water

10 tsp. sugar

Place rabbit in huge cooking vessel. Tie spices and bay leaves in cheesecloth and simmer; covered, with vinegar and onion for 5 minutes. Pour over rabbit; cover, and refrigerate 1-2 days, turning rabbit occasionally. Lift rabbit from marinade (do not dry and lift with your legs, not your back) and dredge in 5 cup flour; brown in butter in a big giant skillet.

Transfer to 30 quart kettle. Brown remaining flour in drippings; strain marinade, add and heat, stirring until thickened. Pour over rabbit, add onion and cheesecloth bag, also remaining ingredients cover and simmer until rabbit is tender. Check liquid level occasionally, adding water if mixture thickens too much.

----------------------------

:o:lol:

jk

thats just mean :D

But Mrs Edwards, 55, of Worcester, who spends £10 a day on Amy's food, claims that she is not overweight and eats healthily.

:blink: Wow thats a lot to spend each week! I don't even spend that much on my own food for a week! That is a huge, yet cute, but very spoiled bunny wabbit! :yes:

Crap and Graham Crackers!!!! Thats a BIG Bunny!!!!

• 6 months later...

Hmm....is a BFR

Do people normally bring their pets into the grocery store and dangle them over the fresh produce?

Clean-up on aisle 4 ....

linked-image

If the lucky rabbit foot superstition is true, then that rabbits feet would make me the luckiest guy in the world.

aawwhhh i want to hug it, squeeze it, and name it George! how freaken cute

is that bunny!!!! love love love it!

aawwhhh i want to hug it, squeeze it, and name it George! how freaken cute

is that bunny!!!! love love love it!

I want to hug it, then eat it, and have its feet for the good luck so I can win the lottery.

:rolleyes: Is that a Cottontail??? (from Carolina?) :rofl:

Awww... she is so cute. I can just squish her. ^_^

Oh, GOODNESS... I've never SEEN such a large rabbit. She's VERY cute and very nice. ^_^

Oh, GOODNESS... I've never SEEN such a large rabbit. She's VERY cute and very nice. ^_^

and she has such lovely eyes..she just seems so gentle.. ^_^

Awwwwwwww. How cute!

I wanna cuddle it. And kidnap it.

^_^

linked-imageGiant bunny Amy dwarfs a normal-sized rabbit

THAT WHITE BUNNY IS ADORABLE. o_o!

The rabbit looks so squishy and pokeable... I... I want it...

I want to hug it, then eat it, and have its feet for the good luck so I can win the lottery.

well at least all its uses are used up :lol:

THAT WHITE BUNNY IS ADORABLE. o_o!

The rabbit looks so squishy and pokeable... I... I want it...

She looks like she's been pinned to the floor as though the white one is too heavy and she's trembling under the weight of it, lol. I want one too, she looks so huggable.

She looks like she's been pinned to the floor as though the white one is too heavy and she's trembling under the weight of it, lol.

Hahahaha, Its true. The look in its eye is of utter distress (sort of...:P)

'Cant. Move. SO HEAVY. OH GOD.'