Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How did you discover your abilities?

Mahtu

Hey guys, I've just noticed that there have been so many topics that have been dominated by the skeptic vs. believer arguments, and there have been a few where psions have listed their abilities, but I'm interested in knowing how each of you discovered these abilities. Please, tell me your stories. And please, everyone, don't make this thread about whether or not psychic abilities exist. That's what has happened to every other thread. Skeptics, i'm not interested in that right now. I'm perfectly willing to discuss existence on other threads. Thanks everyone!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mahtu

• InHuman

• drakonwick

• DfizzleShizzle

Woke up.

Decided that my REAL life was not that swell and I wanted to be SPECIAL.

I actually started having Deja-vu, but to a point, where I could see like 30 seconds into the future, so I stated lookin at psychic stuff...From there I just got intrested, and started tyrin random things...

I actually started having Deja-vu, but to a point, where I could see like 30 seconds into the future, so I stated lookin at psychic stuff...From there I just got intrested, and started tyrin random things...

If i randomly just slapped you across the face I bet you wouldn't see it coming.

Hey guys, I've just noticed that there have been so many topics that have been dominated by the skeptic vs. believer arguments, and there have been a few where psions have listed their abilities, but I'm interested in knowing how each of you discovered these abilities. Please, tell me your stories. And please, everyone, don't make this thread about whether or not psychic abilities exist. That's what has happened to every other thread. Skeptics, i'm not interested in that right now. I'm perfectly willing to discuss existence on other threads. Thanks everyone!

I discovered my super special ability to interject my opinion in any thread I please when I first joined this website.... No one has powers, there is no debate only reality.

And, exactly what is reality? We have not made enough discoveries in the field of science, to correctly classify what "reality" is...All "reality" is is the mainstream idea of what society is...

And, exactly what is reality? We have not made enough discoveries in the field of science, to correctly classify what "reality" is...All "reality" is is the mainstream idea of what society is...

The reality which some of you choose to not live in and instead substitute your own with magic powers.

Woooah deep.

Btw, it might help the argument if there was SCIENTIFIC PROOF of what people claim they can do... but I guess no one with powers has the time to go to their local university professor.

Woooah deep.

Btw, it might help the argument if there was SCIENTIFIC PROOF of what people claim they can do... but I guess no one with powers has the time to go to their local university professor.

If I could use TK I would go public and become even more wealthy then I am now.

No evidence, no powers bottom line.

step one: deja vu

step two: future prediction(s) on minor -and major- occurances

step three: idiot me with friend and quija board accidentally summoned a demon. after killing it, I think we gained some of it's energy or something.

step four: realise the ghost that follows me is my little brother's soul.

step five: discover 11th Demention

step one: deja vu

step two: future prediction(s) on minor -and major- occurances

step three: idiot me with friend and quija board accidentally summoned a demon. after killing it, I think we gained some of it's energy or something.

step four: realise the ghost that follows me is my little brother's soul.

step five: discover 11th Demention

Step six: Institutionalized at the psychiatric ward of your local hospital.

I discovered my super special ability to interject my opinion in any thread I please when I first joined this website.... No one has powers, there is no debate only reality.

I never said you couldn't put your opinion here. I simply asked that this thread not become all about the same argument as every other topic, and said that I'm not interested right now in whether or not people believe in psychic abilities.

my first experience happened when i was 12. I was in a musical and our closing show was that night. Well I was sitting in math class like any normal day and, like any normal day, I zoned out. I just escaped into my mind as many students do. Well I remember seeing my friend fall, very clearly, off of the catwalk while dancing and cut up her leg. I shook myself back to reality thinking I just kind of dozed off. So naturally I didn't give it a second. That night, my friend fell while dancing because the floor was slippery. She scraped her leg on the catwalk that we built and had to get stitches. She still has the scar.

Anyway, it freaked me out. Completely. That was when I started looking up psychic information. I began kind of "training" myself and I wouldn't say I have become stronger, just more in control.

thats my story and im sticking ot it

I actually learned about psi from animes and mangas. So from there I looked up psi and started with psiballs. And from there I branched out to different stuff.

No one has powers, there is no debate only reality.

I don't like that statement.

The word reality should be banned because is is incorrect.

REALITY is only what you make of it. But, my REALITY goes along with about 90% of the rest of the worlds population,

where there is no such thing as these silly little fantastical trends.

Anyway, I suppose I discovered my ability to obtain Logic, and Reason before Belief, when I was around 12 or 13 years old. My ability has since then, become rather powerful. I have even gone so far that I can just look at someone or read the way someone writes, and understand that they are telling the truth, confused, don't understand, or down right lie about things they talk about.

Regards,

Tom

Edited by Moro Bumbleroot

I can just look at someone or read the way someone writes, and understand that they are telling the truth, confused, don't understand, or down right lie about things they talk about.

So, you KNOW when someone's telling the truth? You have some special ABILITY to KNOW when someone's lying? What do they call that? Oh yeah, PSYCHIC! So unless you believe in psychic powers, there's no way you could KNOW if someone's lying. You might be able to feel like someone's lying to you, or even have strong judge of character, but you can't KNOW beyond all possible denial.

I was four years old and had a dream about coming down some stairs and seeing the old lady who owned a small store in town sitting with a lot of people down below in a living room. I did not particularly know or like her and wondered why she was in my dream.

When I was five my mother married a marine home for a visit and we moved into a two story house in another state. His family came for a visit and as I was coming down the stairs I saw all that I had seen before. His mother was the woman who owned the small store.

Only my older sister who remembered me talking more than once about the strange dream that had seemed so real knew besides myself and she pretty much hated me from that day to this one, as if I had caused it to happen.

So, you KNOW when someone's telling the truth? You have some special ABILITY to KNOW when someone's lying? What do they call that? Oh yeah, PSYCHIC! So unless you believe in psychic powers, there's no way you could KNOW if someone's lying. You might be able to feel like someone's lying to you, or even have strong judge of character, but you can't KNOW beyond all possible denial.

He never suggested any psychic power at all.

There are a lot ways to tell if someone is lying that do not require psychic powers. For example body language, claims made, sentence structure, inconsistency in general. Generally those who compulsively lie here can be picked out.

when i was 9 i had a dream of a lady killing herself and a little girl burning alive in the attic since then i see what happend to people in dreams

when i was 9 i had a dream of a lady killing herself and a little girl burning alive in the attic since then i see what happend to people in dreams

did i mention i have that dream every night?

He never suggested any psychic power at all.

There are a lot ways to tell if someone is lying that do not require psychic powers. For example body language, claims made, sentence structure, inconsistency in general. Generally those who compulsively lie here can be picked out.

I know he never claimed any psychic powers. I was using his own argument sarcastically against him. You can make an educated guess if someone's lying based on these things, but you can't KNOW beyond the shadow of a doubt. Even when running a number of tests on someone you can't know if they're lying or not unless you're inside their thoughts.

There's quite a big difference between seeing the future and "Deja-vu". Deja-vu is described as when an event occurs, in real life, and then occurs exactly the same way at the same time. Example would be if I tripped on the sidewalk going to school, then it happens again the next day under the same circumstances. Precognition/Clairvoyance is when you have a vision or a dream about something the will happen in the near future and it does. Example would be if I was dreaming about tripping on the sidewalk going to school and then it does happen under the same circumstances as my dream.

So you SAW a little girl burning in real life?

did i mention i have that dream every night?

So?

So you SAW a little girl burning in real life?

So?

no i sawthe girl in my dream my house has had a girl burnt alive and her mother commited scuicide shortly after i can go into a persons house sleep there and tell u what happend i never have a "normal " dream...well once cause nothing was in the house