Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How did you discover your abilities?

Mahtu

Good, good, lots of good stories here. Keep 'em coming! I want to hear from as many people as possible.

• 4 months later...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mahtu

• InHuman

• drakonwick

• WiCkEdWENDIGO

Well I havent practiced but im going to start i have dabled in magic but not psi well sometimes when i go to sleep. I see things right like there so real then when they actual happen im like wow. Also i have a wierd memory like a kinda map where if i have been somewhere like once or twice i can fly through it and look around in my head. Also those things you see when you look directly into to light i can change there shape and that but i dont know if thats important haha. :ph34r:

Hey guys, I've just noticed that there have been so many topics that have been dominated by the skeptic vs. believer arguments, and there have been a few where psions have listed their abilities, but I'm interested in knowing how each of you discovered these abilities. Please, tell me your stories. And please, everyone, don't make this thread about whether or not psychic abilities exist. That's what has happened to every other thread. Skeptics, i'm not interested in that right now. I'm perfectly willing to discuss existence on other threads. Thanks everyone!

Don't call it a "story". It makes it sound like a lie; a sort of "fake reality".

My "abilities" came at a very young age (http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=119927&hl=Angels), but I really started knowing that something was seriously different about me was when I started having precognitive dreams/day dreams about... pretty much anything that worried me. The perfect example would be that when I was in grade 2, one of my dreams involved the death of a child about my age or younger. I can't recollect very much but I'll try. This child was a different ethnicity than I was and was running around like any other child would do, but this kid made the mistake of running across the street and was hit by a black sports car. The driver of the car didn't react fast enough and hit the child trying to turn out of the way. In turn the car smashed into a light pole and was seriously injured. That's as much I can remember. When I awoke, I was sweating, had a massive pain in my chest, and was really troubled. I screamed and told my Mom exactly what I remembered and she could tell I was being dead serious. She just told me that it was a nightmare and she prayed beside me bed and watched me fall asleep. The dream troubled me for about a week and then I completely forgot about it. The next month there was accident on my street. I didn't know this and neither did my parents. We went down to Chevron (the gas station close to my house) to go get a treat and I saw the accident. It was EXACTLY like my dream (except the ambulance and the people and news crews) and I burst into tears. My Mom wondered why I was crying and I told her that this was my dream. She had a look of worry in her face and completely remembered what I told her. She took me to Chevron and told me that if anything like this happened again to tell her. Suffice to say, after that event I was completely into the Paranormal and found out that I could see things before they happen.

hi mahtu. ever since i could remember, every now and then i would have a precognitive feeling or thought a certain situation might happen,& it did.

but at that point in my life i had no knowledge of the paranormal or anything of that sort. to me it was all normal ,didnt consider them as anything out the ordinary.

till one day at the age of 14.

my mom had left for work that morning around 10,but before she had gone she left a some beans cooking on the stove and said she would call when she wanted me to turn it off. a few minutes later a couple of friends of mine called me up to see if i wanted to go out and eat breakfast.i said yes and we left.

we went to a dennise that is about 15 mins from where i live(walking distance).As we where eating,i suddenly remembered about the beans!it had been almost an hour since i had left the house,so i freaked!

at that moment all i could think was omg the house is going to burn down and my parents are going to kill me!

all i could think about was being home!and out of nowhere i just felt this weird sensation ,almost as if i was pulled lightning fast from the front part of my body,and immediately i found myself standing right infront of the stove! for about 5 seconds i was wondering what the hell just happened then i remembered the beans(which were guching all over the stove and i tried to turn the knob from the but somehow i couldnt. my hand did not go through it,i could actually feel it but i just could not turn it. i remember blowing at the fire but it would not move at all.

all of a sudden i heard one of my friend's voice(who was at the dennise) and i remembered where i was supposed to be, then i just found myself staring at food. i then sped off home and got there in time to save my home and myself.

later that day i called up one of my friends who was at the diner with us and asked him if anything strange had happened?

at that point i was convinced i teleported lol i had no idea what astral traveling was. i thought maybe they saw me disappear or something.lol

he told me that for about a minute i was just staring at my food like i was daydreaming.

it didnt make since to me.if i was at the diner the whole time but positive i was also in my kitchen for a few seconds then that meant i was in two places at once!

that was all new to me.i immediately went online and typed in "being in two places at once"

then came up the two words that would introduce me to a whole new world and a new life...Astral Projection.

i found out i was out of my body!

later that night i concentrated on being outside my house and no longer then it took me to think abou it i was out.

ever since all i have to do is feel myself being somewhere and im there.

many people who are familiar with this subject dont believe i can be out of my body in seconds. it takes many a few minutes even an hour to achieve it.

i dont know why to me it came as natural as breathing but i am grateful.this is a beautiful thing that has helped me learn alot.even though to some people this is unethical,evil.

well theres my story matuh.hoped you enjoyed it.

i have also discovered a few other abilities like mediumship and empathy. i could tell you those stories in a message so i dont make this post long and boring.and i dont want to sound like im bragging lol,take care :lol:

If I could use TK I would go public and become even more wealthy then I am now.

No evidence, no powers bottom line.

1: I SEE A GHOST

2: IT TELLS ME IM A MORON

3: I KILL THE GHOST

5:-_-'

6: I GO TO SCHOOL AND SOME1 TELLS ME IM A MORON AND I PUNCH HIM IN THE FACE

7: I WAKE UP AND MY DOG IS POINTING A SHOTGUN AT MY HEAD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALITY? NO. DREAM? YES. SO SHUT UP.

THIS GUY SPACIFICLY SAID: NO SKEPTICS PLZ AND PROVE THAT THESE ABILITYS ARENT REAL,OH THATS RIGHT, U CANT!!

Don't call it a "story". It makes it sound like a lie; a sort of "fake reality".

i didn't mean it like that at all. mostly when people want you to tell them your story they want to know what happened to u, what u did, etc. that's all i meant by it.

I disovered my powers of sarcams at a early age. The nuns at St francis didn't look kindly on it. Needless to say the Sisters of Mercy showed little mercy.

There's quite a big difference between seeing the future and "Deja-vu". Deja-vu is described as when an event occurs, in real life, and then occurs exactly the same way at the same time. Example would be if I tripped on the sidewalk going to school, then it happens again the next day under the same circumstances. Precognition/Clairvoyance is when you have a vision or a dream about something the will happen in the near future and it does. Example would be if I was dreaming about tripping on the sidewalk going to school and then it does happen under the same circumstances as my dream.

hmmm.... this may sound stupid. I had a dream last year. I was putting two notebooks under my armchair then when i go to school, without realizing it, i did exactly the same thing.

• 1 month later...
I disovered my powers of sarcams at a early age. The nuns at St francis didn't look kindly on it. Needless to say the Sisters of Mercy showed little mercy.

ha, i guess your powers of sarcasm made way for your power to recognize irony as well, then.

Nice to see a thread about people's first-time encounters with a power of their own! Sad to see that the majority of this thread is overtaken by skeptic debate. :(

I have four powers, and all of them appear at COMPLETE random times. Those powers are: Empathy, Pre/Postcognition, seeing ghosts (Whatever the term for that is), and Astral Projeciton.

My first discovered power was empathy. I remember that day very well, I was at the movies with a group of friends (We were watching Sky High), and one of my good friends left to go to the bathroom. After a while, I started feeling very angry for no reason at all, and within the next minute, my friend re-joined us at the movie. I asked him what was wrong, and he told me about a little fight he had with his mom over the phone after he left the restroom. More similar situations like this one occurred from time to time until I had realized I was a very powerful empath by nature. I usually find myself unconsciously applying empathy whenever I have an conversation with someone.

The second "realized power" (this is actually my first power, but I hadn't realized until I started researching more about ESP and the such.) was pre/postcognition. All my life, I would have those moments where a word would pop up in my head at random times, and later on, something directly related to that word would appear to me. For example, recently I was working at my job when I had the word, "Eisenhower" pop up in my head. Later on when I got off work, I had stumbled upon a couple friends' conversation/debate about previous presidents, and guess who it was. Eisenhower. What are the chances?? After I researched about ESP/cognition/etc, I had noticed these occurrences had happened very often in my life.

This third power, seeing ghosts, was an unique discovery for me. When I was 12, I moved into a new house, and by the time I was 16, I realized it was haunted. I have two ghosts, one male, and one female. The female one was playful with her encounters with me. My first time to see her was when I was shaken awake at 3 in the morning, thinking it was my mom waking me up for school. I could only see her face, and I didn't think much of it until I looked at the clock. After I realized someone woke me, and it wasn't my mom, I looked all over the house and it showed no signs of entry/exit. My parents didn't hear anything either. Other times I've encountered her was when I'd take a nap on a couch, and I'd feel someone sit near me and pet me. When I woke, there'd be nobody there. The man is a different story. My first encounter was when I took a nap in my living room, I could see in m shut eyes the figure of a man walking past me, then he took notice of my presence and put his face inches away from mine. The shock woke me. Now, when his presence is near me, I'd feel anger for no reason. I'm assuming that's how he makes himself known.

Astral Projection has actually been an "accquired" power. After realizing I was in fact, undeniably psychic, I started training on viewing auras, tarot, and astral projection. I met a psychic girl, and dated her for a long time. She was an expert in the area of astral projection, and she taught me everything she knew. From her teachings, I gained the ability to dream VERY lucidly and interact with her in dreams. I have had lucid dreams where we would go to this

This power also came to me naturally, I must admit, but I'm learning to get an handle on it. How this power came to me on "accident," I shall explain! There are times where I'd fall asleep whenever convenient in class, and I would always find myself standing in the back of the classroom, staring blankly. One thing I hated about having these experiences is that every time I'd REALIZE I was out of my body, I'd snap awake. I have experimented with this, meaning intentionally falling asleep in class! The validating proof I achieved was when I spent a good chunk of the class time sleeping, and staring from the back of the classroom, and when the teacher woke me up, I was already up to speed. Learning things in my sleep only happened once, though. This has happened twice at my home, but I have absolutely no control over this power. One weird thing about my astral projecting power is that whenever I successfully project, I notice three things: I can hear thoughts, my body cannot budge, and there is this constant wind blowing in one direction. Explanations, anyone? :)

Another weird experience with astral projection that has happened more than once for me is that the last thing I see is embedded into my eyes as if light has been shone into them for a while. My physical body has been under threat by astral beings before. I have been strangled by someone astral projecting as well, and woke up with lessening tension around my neck and the face of the offender embed in my eye. I wonder if anyone could explain that?

:D

Woke up.

Decided that my REAL life was not that swell and I wanted to be SPECIAL.

BEST

RESPONSE

EVER

As for me, I was making a tasty sandwich, and realized I had no mustard. Thus, Mustardkinesis was born.

I can currently produce three different types of mustard: Regukar, Dijon, and Poupon. With some more practice, I think I'll be able to produce a mutard with a hint of horseradish in it.

And for the record, every single human being on the planet has had an experience with precognition and "empathy". It isn't special, unusual, or rare. It' a natural part of life. In fact, 90% of people polled said that they had experienced a prophetic dream at one point or another.

Also, the first person here who can send me video proof of their psychic abilities will win $1000 dollars from me. Seriously. I'm not kidding.

Well I was young, I woke up one night after having a nightmare and then went back to sleep I woke up the next day and the dream after my nightmare came true (after that I just started seeing little things like who was gonna win Wheel of Fortune and stuff) and then as I got older they started getting stronger as I meddled. But sadly they are drifting away right now :( , and I'm trying to stop them from disappearing for good.

Well I was young, I woke up one night after having a nightmare and then went back to sleep I woke up the next day and the dream after my nightmare came true (after that I just started seeing little things like who was gonna win Wheel of Fortune and stuff) and then as I got older they started getting stronger as I meddled. But sadly they are drifting away right now :( , and I'm trying to stop them from disappearing for good.

What was the nightmare? If that's not too personal...

well i was trying to start a fire when it was raining idky but i all of a sudden got p***ed and after getting a spark going it all of a sudden burst into flames when i focused on it now i have decent control over fire and heat

ph and mahtu hi man

well my powers are many(not bragging) healing, aerokinesis,aquakinesis, a bit of pyro,cyro and elcectrokinesis.

of course my favorite telekinesis which i can hardly control, visions, second sight, control over the weather, empath,and more

BEST

RESPONSE

EVER

As for me, I was making a tasty sandwich, and realized I had no mustard. Thus, Mustardkinesis was born.

I can currently produce three different types of mustard: Regukar, Dijon, and Poupon. With some more practice, I think I'll be able to produce a mutard with a hint of horseradish in it.

And for the record, every single human being on the planet has had an experience with precognition and "empathy". It isn't special, unusual, or rare. It' a natural part of life. In fact, 90% of people polled said that they had experienced a prophetic dream at one point or another.

Also, the first person here who can send me video proof of their psychic abilities will win $1000 dollars from me. Seriously. I'm not kidding.

Ty.

I don't wana pry, but, do your powers give you control over HONEY MUSTARD aswell? And do you think they might develop to control both the mustard AND TURKEY... because... that would be... like.... awesome.

well my powers are many(not bragging) healing, aerokinesis,aquakinesis, a bit of pyro,cyro and elcectrokinesis.

of course my favorite telekinesis which i can hardly control, visions, second sight, control over the weather, empath,and more

Gotcha.

My brother reads those dragon books aswell (he got the third one with the gold guy on cover from libarary)..

• 2 weeks later...
my first experience happened when i was 12. I was in a musical and our closing show was that night. Well I was sitting in math class like any normal day and, like any normal day, I zoned out. I just escaped into my mind as many students do. Well I remember seeing my friend fall, very clearly, off of the catwalk while dancing and cut up her leg. I shook myself back to reality thinking I just kind of dozed off. So naturally I didn't give it a second. That night, my friend fell while dancing because the floor was slippery. She scraped her leg on the catwalk that we built and had to get stitches. She still has the scar.

Anyway, it freaked me out. Completely. That was when I started looking up psychic information. I began kind of "training" myself and I wouldn't say I have become stronger, just more in control.

thats my story and im sticking ot it

i think i read that story somewhere.i mean in this site. but it's nice if you had a predicting ability.

Well, when I was very little I had dreams that came true within a couple of days. Since then I've been having visions while awake, accurate visions, and I've helped quite a few people with it. I mean, obvously I can't always stop what's going to happen but I can still help people on an emotional level after the event has taken place. I also have empathic abilities (feeling physical and emotional pain) and can dream walk but only with certain people.

It seems as though most everyone has had some sort of premonition type dream at some point in their life.

Personally, it just seems to be a normal occurrence, a natural part of brain function.

^Possibly. I do believe that if the human raise was more open minded we'd be capable of a hell of a lot more.

Oh, PS: I have a friend who can astral project.

Edited by gilmore guy

It seems as though most everyone has had some sort of premonition type dream at some point in their life.

Personally, it just seems to be a normal occurrence, a natural part of brain function.

i agree. i believe that every person on earth has a capacity for this type of thing. I honestly don't think that any type of psychic activity makes you different from others. Maybe it's just the realization of the potential that we all have.

- Post removed -

and Insight, I think you're wasting your time challenging him to that. He's already denied challenges for proof a couple times. and when he was told about the money he just said he didn't want any money.

well i was trying to start a fire when it was raining idky but i all of a sudden got p***ed...

As in drunk? :P

...and after getting a spark going it all of a sudden burst into flames when i focused on it now i have decent control over fire and heat

ph and mahtu hi man

Well if you have decent control then making a video and giving us some proof would be a simple task for you?

Guess not

i agree. i believe that every person on earth has a capacity for this type of thing. I honestly don't think that any type of psychic activity makes you different from others. Maybe it's just the realization of the potential that we all have.

and Insight, I think you're wasting your time challenging him to that. He's already denied challenges for proof a couple times. and when he was told about the money he just said he didn't want any money.

He doesn't want money? He's either already loaded or that's another spineless excuse.