Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

American man claims to be six months pregnant

chemical-licker

I suppose this baby girl will be blessed with two adoring parents but still, it's a tricky situation none the less.......

Why is this a tricky situation? Just because our generation and that before us are closed minded does not mean we have to force it on the next. People are looking at this like the "poor kid" is going to be neglected, abused or somehow mental scared from this. Its a strange situation, but its not like the kid is going to be dumped into the middle of this home without any warning or chance to adjust.. by the time the kid is old enough to understand, it will likely seem normal, and if these are good parents, they'll teach their kids that different is fine, and EVERYONE has a strange family. (And don't deny this.. you do too.. all of you.) This is prolly a lot more common then anyone could ever imagine, gay couples have kids all the time.. ADOPT kids.. and this is really any different then having one gay father who bakes cookies and knits or a masculine gay mother?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill Hill

• jaylemurph

• MUM24/7

• girty1600

Why is this a tricky situation?

Because whether we like it or not, you and I live in the real world and in the real world there's a mummy and a daddy, 2.5 kids , a dog, a picket fence and..........you get my drift... ;)

Anyway, from my experience, kids don't like to stand out from the pack, they want to feel accepted from their peers and you can't seriously sit there and tell me, 'it's more common than we think'.......Also, you can't compare this story to a gay couple adopting or having a baby, these are two totally different cases.......

Its just a dude carrying a baby. I don't understand why people get so dramatic about it. Leave the guy alone, he's happy, and we should respect that.

The strangest story I've read in ages......It makes me wonder if in the future, they'll be honest with their child and tell her that daddy actually gave birth to her and that he was once a lady ??......How would it affect their daughter ?? It's all well and good debating about people's rights but what about the child's right ??

Anyone thinking about her ??

Just because lots of people here are thick and don't understand this situation doesn't mean this child will be. Why wouldn't they be honest with the child when he or she is old enough to understand? And what "right" of the child is being risked -- I mean, you seem to be claiming something negative about the child's rights, but it's none too clear what that is. It looks to me like you're projecting your own uncertainties onto this family.

--Jaylemurph

I think a more accurate description is;

American woman who takes testosterone by artificial means, is now pregnant.

Oh and has a beard.

:lol: Seriously.^

Biologically he's(?) still female, but legally male. Ah, er...*scratches head*

This is a peculiar situation.

Lines are being blurred... :hmm:

Edited by Quill

Because whether we like it or not, you and I live in the real world and in the real world there's a mummy and a daddy, 2.5 kids , a dog, a picket fence and..........you get my drift... ;)

Anyway, from my experience, kids don't like to stand out from the pack, they want to feel accepted from their peers and you can't seriously sit there and tell me, 'it's more common than we think'.......Also, you can't compare this story to a gay couple adopting or having a baby, these are two totally different cases.......

I don't know what real world you are living in... I know very few families with both a mother and a father, more often then not there is one parent.. A lot of time people live with grandparents, or the grandparents live with them. The American Dream (mommy, daddy, 2.5kids ect. ect.) is NOT the American reality.. and honestly.. Its not my dream. I have a brother living with me, hes a HUGE part of my daughter's life, and I wouldn't have that any other way. There is no "Norm", at least in the US, despite what the government, or, more accurately, the church, would want to see. And with that in mind, I think this man.. YES, MAN, and his WIFE, are doing a great thing, and their child will have an advantage over the closed minded simpletons who tried to keep her from being born in the first place.

Every child has to deal with pressure at school, there are no exceptions, and I don't see how this will make things better or worse for her in that arena. In fact.. I take that back.. it might make things better, she will be much more understanding of others, which no matter the reason, is always an advantage.

Am I the only one here who is kinda like..."Whatever, hope everyones healthy"?

It is weird though, keeping assorted female parts "just in case" or whatever. I don't think there is really any issue with the child. I don't even think that based on religion, there is any sort of issue. So what's the big deal? Other than he is a guy for all intents and purposes, sporting some internal female organs?

If "IT" is "IT" is either a one in a billion chance, or possibly a moneymaking scheme. Really those who want attention, do the things needed to get it.

Or maybe they just wanted to have a baby.... nooo, that would be simply ridiculous wouldn't it.

He quickly became pregnant with triplets but lost them because of an ectopic pregnancy.

An ectopic pregnancy is a complication of pregnancy in which the fertilized ovum is implanted in any tissue other than the uterine wall.

I'm sure taking all that testosterone was a contributing factor, if not directly responsible.

She claimed she stopped taking it... but I'm not so sure considering the amount of facial beard growth.

I don't know what real world you are living in... I know very few families with both a mother and a father, more often then not there is one parent.. A lot of time people live with grandparents, or the grandparents live with them. The American Dream (mommy, daddy, 2.5kids ect. ect.) is NOT the American reality.. and honestly.. Its not my dream. I have a brother living with me, hes a HUGE part of my daughter's life, and I wouldn't have that any other way. There is no "Norm", at least in the US, despite what the government, or, more accurately, the church, would want to see. And with that in mind, I think this man.. YES, MAN, and his WIFE, are doing a great thing, and their child will have an advantage over the closed minded simpletons who tried to keep her from being born in the first place.

Every child has to deal with pressure at school, there are no exceptions, and I don't see how this will make things better or worse for her in that arena. In fact.. I take that back.. it might make things better, she will be much more understanding of others, which no matter the reason, is always an advantage.

It's called the mythic past. The good ole days that conveniently forget the general unpleasantness of the past, and to which some people think they have an unlimited right to exist in, regardless of the fact it never really existed, and regardless of how many real people have to suffer for them to keep up their cherished lie.

--Jaylemurph

If "IT" is "IT" is either a one in a billion chance, or possibly a moneymaking scheme. Really those who want attention, do the things needed to get it.

Read the article. "It" is a woman, that had her breasts removed and is taking male hormones to promote male pattern hair growth and muscular development, as well as enlarged clitoris ect... "It" still has female reproductive organs, and can therefore become pregnant. I'm a little shocked it "took" as they say after all the hormones, but...good for "It".

("It", by the way, is a He that is only technically a "She". Personally, I think what "It" thinks "It" is, is more important than what anyone else thinks "It" is).

Well..... :blink:

Honestly, and I think understandably, at first I was a little shocked while reading the article and especially seeing the picture.... It's definitely nothing I've ever heard about before, and as Sweetsalem said, since he still looks like a man even after stopping the hormones, if I saw him walking down the street, I'd be blinking in disbelief, not knowing the backstory.

But after reading everything, and thinking about it for a bit.... you know what? If they're happy and the baby's healthy.... *shrug*

Nowadays, just about anything can happen, and now that I think about it, I'm kinda surprised this hasn't happened before for a woman that had gender-reassignment.... though maybe most of them have the entire process done, including removing the reproductive organs.....

linked-image

It is weird though, keeping assorted female parts "just in case" or whatever. I don't think there is really any issue with the child. I don't even think that based on religion, there is any sort of issue. So what's the big deal? Other than he is a guy for all intents and purposes, sporting some internal female organs?

No you aren't the only one...

I too wish them happiness and health!

Regards,

Mabon.

Just because lots of people here are thick and don't understand this situation doesn't mean this child will be. Why wouldn't they be honest with the child when he or she is old enough to understand? And what "right" of the child is being risked -- I mean, you seem to be claiming something negative about the child's rights, but it's none too clear what that is. It looks to me like you're projecting your own uncertainties onto this family.

--Jaylemurph

How mature to start off your post with name-calling and ending it with personal attacks.....But that's okay, I have a thick skin..... ;)

Edited by MUM24/7

Yes of course the dynamics of the family has changed over the last 50 years but we all have a biological mummy and daddy running around somewhere and the last time I checked, our daddy didn't actually give birth to us.....Enough said..... :rolleyes:

I think a more accurate description is;

American woman who takes testosterone by artificial means, is now pregnant.

Oh and has a beard.

I agree. This may be a Big Step Forward in terms of freeing us from the shackles of sex roles, but it seems dangerous as hell for the upcoming baby (assuming the story isn't a total fabrication).

I agree. This may be a Big Step Forward in terms of freeing us from the shackles of sex roles, but it seems dangerous as hell for the upcoming baby (assuming the story isn't a total fabrication).

:tu::yes::tu::yes::tu::yes:

I have heard....somewhere....that an actual man COULD have a foetus + placenta planted

in a cavity of the body and that it would develop.

Yeah I heard that... mmmh could certainly make the 'old bird 'n' the bees talk' a tad more complicated...

Or maybe not... :innocent:

"Dad, dad.. where did I come from?"

"You came out of me Butt son, sniff.. ere get us a beer from fridge...cheers."

I suppose this baby girl will be blessed with two adoring parents but still, it's a tricky situation none the less.......

That's all I was saying and indeed it will be tricky.

Nope. ;)

Not really a man still a woman. I find it disturbing that some people change sexes...but hey whatever floats your boat lol.