Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
DfizzleShizzle

Psi Balls

131 posts in this topic

puridalan
I'm too lazy to create a reply equal in every way. I know you didn't...but that is apart of the "Psi-Ball" phenomenon. I really do doubt could travel THOUSANDS of miles because a person could control it by thought. That would just be silly. In all honesty..it is an open possibility whenever in the future...but it is a simple impossibility for the next couple of years.

haha well why not now? Is time really of the essence, and no I am not on of those people saying I can send messages forth like a im computer ha-ha...no. Merely stating that each mind is wired like a circut and we are filled with atoms containing electrons, neutrons, protons meaning that we balance eachother out or interfer chemically through energy via heat and other sources through the cell cycle in which it brings/takes out nutrients or CO2 or O to mantain balance. Yes, it will take some time to 'prove' and probably not going to be about all of the bs stories you hear, but something that actually explains a bit about human behavior and 'love at first sight' or hatred at first sight. Be wonderful once we really start investigating this because so far it's only been skimmed upon, but others are working on it I am assured. And so will I continue to grow on this amazing trip through out all the knowledge the human body possesses.

Drayno
haha well why not now? Is time really of the essence, and no I am not on of those people saying I can send messages forth like a im computer ha-ha...no. Merely stating that each mind is wired like a circut and we are filled with atoms containing electrons, neutrons, protons meaning that we balance eachother out or interfer chemically through energy via heat and other sources through the cell cycle in which it brings/takes out nutrients or CO2 or O to mantain balance. Yes, it will take some time to 'prove' and probably not going to be about all of the bs stories you hear, but something that actually explains a bit about human behavior and 'love at first sight' or hatred at first sight. Be wonderful once we really start investigating this because so far it's only been skimmed upon, but others are working on it I am assured. And so will I continue to grow on this amazing trip through out all the knowledge the human body possesses.

I agree with you there. But one of the reasons it is skimmed upon IS because of all the false claims and such. Most things are a possibility, only less exaggerated. The concept of a network neurologically linked is fascinating for sure. The reason why I stated not now would be due to the lack of complete understanding of what our capabilities could be. They (Scientists) don't label it imperative, and simply pass up on it. I would become a scientist and look into it personally if not for the people who uphold ridiculous unsupported powers and blatant disregard towards logic, or "psychics" as some call them. Time will move on without us. Even if we figure it out or not.

DfizzleShizzle
Okay Ladies and Gents...Draynos time to post.

I have tried making the so called "Psi Ball". I have come to find he concept of the "Psi Ball" would have to do with the muscles in the hand. When you hold your hand stationary it feels as if you are holding something. Also, it takes a few moments for it to "form", right? Well, this happens because when you hold your hand for a few moments a certain way..the muscles and tendons of your hand tense up and constrict. Therefore, allowing you to feel some pressure when trying to close your palm.

We all give off body heat. You don't realize it because you are mostly moving and active. Even if you are sitting at the computer, you are moving your arms..otherwise you would not type, or move the mouse. The reason you don't realize the rest of your body and limbs give off heat is that you are too focused on the subject at hand. For you to realize you are giving off heat, you must have a conscious yet focused viewing of your body. Allowing you to see the natural warmth sent off.

As said, when you constrict your hand in the form of such, like holding an imaginary ball, you must remain focused. Thus, you are actively aware to the amount of heat given off. The reason why it is more heat than normal would be that the tensing of your hand stimulates the amount blood being sent throughout that particular area...which also stimulates your nerves and heat perception.

At first, it did take a little bit for it to form...Now I can make a really weak one almost instantly, just by cupping my hands...And, whats about the feeling of having two magnets in you're hand? Can you explain that one?

Korbus

Im serious....could a psi ball be placed under one of 5 dixie cups and removed a few moments later without being destroyed or destroying the cups? Because it would make an interesting test, to see if the creator of the psi ball could locate it after the cups are rearranged. Or would the psi ball dissipate too much by this point?

Just curious.

eight bits
destroying the cups

Gawdz, Jason, if one of these things destroyed the cups, let the rest of the test slide.

In all seriousness, this problem has an established solution. You have a pretest in which the psiballer places a psiball under a cup and identical cups are placed next to it. The cups are manipulated in plain sight of the subject. The point of the pretest is not to have the psiballer lose track, but rather to establish that the particular psiballer's product can survive the rigors of the actual test.

The psiballer is then asked to agree that he or she can sense the difference between the full cup and any of the empty cups. If the subject says yes, then you can proceed with your proposed test, with the subject on the hook for the ability of the psiball to persist through the conditions of the experiment.

The psiballer can, of course, just say no. From the experimenter's point of view, better to hear that before the test than afterwards.

(Since it is only a 1 in 5 feat anyway, you will need several repetitions. Interleave "pretest" sessions between "actual test" sessions to control for "my psiball ability got tired" and such.

Best also to set a fixed upper limit of trials, and not to give feedback in the actual trials. That way, you can have a final "pre" test.

Of course, you can quit after the first failure, since the claim being tested is categorical, not statistical. Just make sure you get that last "pre" test after the failure to ensure that all is working well, according to the psiballer.)

Edited by eight bits

Drayno
At first, it did take a little bit for it to form...Now I can make a really weak one almost instantly, just by cupping my hands...And, whats about the feeling of having two magnets in you're hand? Can you explain that one?

Whatever you say Jiraiya.

puridalan
I agree with you there. But one of the reasons it is skimmed upon IS because of all the false claims and such. Most things are a possibility, only less exaggerated. The concept of a network neurologically linked is fascinating for sure. The reason why I stated not now would be due to the lack of complete understanding of what our capabilities could be. They (Scientists) don't label it imperative, and simply pass up on it. I would become a scientist and look into it personally if not for the people who uphold ridiculous unsupported powers and blatant disregard towards logic, or "psychics" as some call them. Time will move on without us. Even if we figure it out or not.

Daily I am discovering more and I have to tell you some of my 'theories' alone are shocking myself. Everytime I think I run into a dead end, another piece just pops into my mind, by merely seeing an object that reminds you of something else or learning to apply a certain enviornmental lesson to that of humans. Just the possibilites here are really amazing, I am no scientist, but mabye one day I will make a good enough theory to have something 'soild'. Today alone I had another break through 'moment' one of my many deep thoughts, when ironically I was sitting on the toilet...deep insights come at the strangest moments, always when you don't have paper and pen with you. So, believe me I wrote it down as soon as I could and it correlates to the water cycle...I am quite happy of this one. I too am just 'skimming' at the moment, but I have a feeling I'll be dipping by toes into something much deeper in the up coming years. If you get any of these 'thoughts' feel free to share!

The Skeptic Eric Raven

Can you explain why you want prove yourself when you keep making claims over and over? Hmm.

spirit shaman

Ok this can be depicted as chi or psi balls but what you have to think about is just relax first feel the (magnetic tention) and then turn your hand in a ball shape and imagine energy flowing out of your pals and turning into a ball. :D

P.S if you don't feel anything using this technique i recomend chakra meditation to open all your chakra centers. :D

Sabbath

What about, it's all in your head? Too much anime man. Oh, you don't watch anime? I'm sure.

_________

Anyone ever done the thing where you push your arms outward into a door frame for a bit, then when you release it feels like your arms are "rising"? As it's based on muscles and what not, it comes to mind when saying "magnetic". Also the fact that it could just very well be in the kid's head. If you imagine hard enough, you can believe it, and it's easy to fool others to believe. Power of suggestion.

Unless there is PHYSICAL proof, then this is all but a fantasy made real in the "creator's" head.

Ah and forgot to mention, when focussing on your hands, you realise the heat coming from it. Now I have heard some say that that IS infact how they control their ki. I don't believe that for one bit. Perhaps you can move or focus heat on your body in certain places, but you can't make a ball of it and send it flying like in anime. And before anyone tries to argue, that last comment hasn't been proven, and won't be proven.

Edited by Blacksabbath

DfizzleShizzle
What about, it's all in your head? Too much anime man. Oh, you don't watch anime? I'm sure.

_________

Anyone ever done the thing where you push your arms outward into a door frame for a bit, then when you release it feels like your arms are "rising"? As it's based on muscles and what not, it comes to mind when saying "magnetic". Also the fact that it could just very well be in the kid's head. If you imagine hard enough, you can believe it, and it's easy to fool others to believe. Power of suggestion.

Unless there is PHYSICAL proof, then this is all but a fantasy made real in the "creator's" head.

Ah and forgot to mention, when focussing on your hands, you realise the heat coming from it. Now I have heard some say that that IS infact how they control their ki. I don't believe that for one bit. Perhaps you can move or focus heat on your body in certain places, but you can't make a ball of it and send it flying like in anime. And before anyone tries to argue, that last comment hasn't been proven, and won't be proven.

Actually...I used to watch anime, but, only this one show...Bleach, with doesn't have anything to do with like enrgy and stuff. And, I havent watched it in months. And, I don't know, I'm not really into psi anymore. Bores me now.

zathis

Other than the typical psi ball, what else do you try and make?

I like making psi strings, interesting to see a string connecting your fingers lol.

out of curiosity, if you can see it, what colors do you usually see? for some reason i can only see a dark to light neonish purple color

DfizzleShizzle
Other than the typical psi ball, what else do you try and make?

I like making psi strings, interesting to see a string connecting your fingers lol.

out of curiosity, if you can see it, what colors do you usually see? for some reason i can only see a dark to light neonish purple color

I've only seen mine once, and when I did see it it was a really neat electric blue color. I think my problem with creating ones you can see, is I;m not specific enough in my visualizations. When I visualize psi, at first I see it as a sky blue, once it enters my body it's usually a kinda neon purple, and when it exits my hands I imagine it as an electric blue. For some reason it's hard to keep it one color when I visualize....

zathis
I've only seen mine once, and when I did see it it was a really neat electric blue color. I think my problem with creating ones you can see, is I;m not specific enough in my visualizations. When I visualize psi, at first I see it as a sky blue, once it enters my body it's usually a kinda neon purple, and when it exits my hands I imagine it as an electric blue. For some reason it's hard to keep it one color when I visualize....

last night about an hour after i posted that, saw a different color, but not really in the form of a psi ball, was trying to pass an energy current from one hand to another (right to left), saw a very thin but bright "string" flash about 2 3rds of the way between my hands, was the color of white, with a tint of blue in it.

btw the "string" wasn't straight, it made a 40ish degree angle or something like that

puridalan

The electric blue color you mentioned I only see in rare occasions, it is when someone has just died...and the body is seperating itself from the physical/mental...really neat color and powerful.

I've seen blue a lot, but not that specific blue...the other blue really is just the neck region...it's different

Other person as for only seeing those colors that is probably because you are only seeing your aura, or some part of it

Edited by puridalan

Nessieman23

To me, thats exactly what any kind of Kinesis is: the vision of illusions, and then their creation. You think the pencil moves off the table, it moves off the table. Similar to how alchemy was portrayed in Fullmetal Alchemist, and how Ed does transmutation without circles. (weird example, I know)

Sabbath

Really doubt you can make a visible energy ball with your hands :mellow:

Edited by Blacksabbath

Synopsis

People are too concerned with the physical.

We are made of atoms, atoms are made of energy.

Elite

i myself have only just recently mastered the use of psi balls

and it seems to me that it does indeed affect the physical world around us you just have to be good enough

ShadowsAndDust
People are too concerned with the physical.

We are made of atoms, atoms are made of energy.

And here I was thinking psi balls didn't exist, now im a firm believer!

copperhopper
I can only base my opinion on the evidence at hand.

The question is where is the evidence if any at all exists.

I don't buy psi balls or TK etc. not until some empirical evidence crosses my path.

if I give you evidence you wont beilive it, but if i give you what you want to hear than you WILL beilive it

------------------------

I never said you had to BEILEVE i said you had to ACCEPT my oppinion.

copperhopper

_________

stop trying to discourage!

-------------------------

I never said you had to BEILEVE i said you have to ACCEPT my oppinion.

Edited by copperhopper

Sabbath
stop trying to discourage!

And why not? What I have been saying in this whole thread makes alot more sense than having dragonball z/other anime powers. I am certainly not letting my kid one day get into all this crap.

Moonie2012
And why not? What I have been saying in this whole thread makes alot more sense than having dragonball z/other anime powers. I am certainly not letting my kid one day get into all this crap.

While I agree, sometimes kids just need to learn that nonsense is nonsense on their own - like heartagram did.

Edited by Moonie2012

Sabbath
While I agree, sometimes kids just need to learn that nonsense is nonsense on their own - like heartagram did.

Spot on mate