Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost Hunters Gettysburg Evidence!

Wootloops

For anyone who saw Ghost Hunters tonight, WOW at that picture moving. It was like there was a guy sitting in the chair and he was pulling the picture towards him so that he could look at it.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoahJaymes

• *Quinn*

• TwilightSilver

• Plainbob13

The picture moving was interesting. The footstep sounds were pretty good, but hard to say for certain since creeky floors could always be an explanation.

I really didn't pick-up on the EVP they kept playing in response to Tango's 'Do you miss your family' question. They kept saying they heard the response of either 'yea' or 'yes'. For as often as they played it though I couldn't catch that once.

I was disappointed they didn't have the heat sensor camera's rolling at any point. The footstep noises and them saying it felt like someone sat on the couch and you could feel the air a lot colder in that area afterwards would have been a lot more interesting had they had the heat sensor footage capture something.

Next weeks episode looked like it might have some good stuff on it.

The one evp in question about the "Yes" answer. It sounded more like a click on the recorder if that is what they were considering, otherwise I have no idea. Otherwise, good episodes with some good evidence.

I agree about the EVP. I didn't really hear anything special in it. The sound was way too subtle to make anything out of it. As for the picture, I really have no explaination. The only two possibilities in my opinion would be that either it's a hoax, or some currently unknown phenomena caused it(Possibly ghosts).

I really wish I'd watch Ghost Hunters more often. I miss the show. By far the best "Ghost Hunting" show on TV.

Edited by ShaunZero

Yeah, this is one of the only times I've seen Jason 'lead' a client when it comes to EVP's.

Usually, they'll listen and let people make of the sound what they will. This time the guy's like, "sounds like breathing, maybe", and Jason says, "Well, it sounded like "Yes" to us." - just thought that was out of character for him.

Side note - I missed 5 minutes of the show because Jason was saying something about how Kris's body reacts to EMF and I blacked out imagining the ways I could get that little body to react to ME!! :devil:

I really didn't pick-up on the EVP they kept playing in response to Tango's 'Do you miss your family' question. They kept saying they heard the response of either 'yea' or 'yes'. For as often as they played it though I couldn't catch that once.

The picture frame moving was very interesting. If that happened in my house, I would have freaked a little bit.

They probably did do the thermal cams, but since there was nothing on them, and they have some much more to show that they did not show the footage. Just like we did not see the chick sitting down for an hour or so...the next thing they show after she comes out of the bathroom, she is going back down there.

I heard nothing on that EVP either. And as already mentioned, it was a bit of a stretch to suggest to the client that it was an EVP at all.

Grant said, he just turned the video on and in two minutes, the picture frame moved and THEN he stopped the camera and rewind it back to see what the video caught.

Idk, I wished Grant picked up the camera while it was still taping and examined the picture frame just to make sure there was no hoaxing going on. :hmm:

I couldn't hear a 'yes' on the EVP either.

I like the show and I like Jason and Grant and how they debunk everything from what they know as plummers. Pipes make noises when water runs through them and For instance, when you flush the toilet or take a hot shower. The pipes and wood expand and contract that make those eerry noises.

Look at Kris, someone could of easily said she was possesed or morning sickness but she was getting sick from EMF and I do like her on the show.

haha....I got no problem with any of them on the show, but other than looking good, what has this Kris girl brought to the table?

Once she's around longer, maybe she'll be doing more, but so far I haven't seen her do much of anything other than shorten the length of time certain team members stay in a place - either by feeling sick or getting friegtened to the point that she needs to leave.

Half the time I can't even hear what she says because she speaks so softly.

Anyways, not meant to be an "attack" on her, I'm just saying so far I don't think she's brought much to the table other than being a good looking girl.

First - it's TV, so having eye-candy is good for the show.

Also, Kris doesn't seem as flighty and 'girly' as the other females they've had on the show in the past. When they get into a situation where somebody tells them the ghost usually singles out girls to mess with, Jason and Grant are like, "Ok Kris, we're going to send you in alone and see if anything happens." - Can you imagine Miss "I get touched everywhere" Donna, or the dowsing-rod girl, or any other female they've had on the show being willing to go into these places alone?

Remember the episode where Kris when down in the basement and saw the hole in the wall and got a chair so she could crawl into the hole to see what was in there, then got stuck? It was danged funny (especially when Grant crawled in to help her get out and HE got stuck!!)

Besides the humor of the situation, watching that I was thinking, "Even with camera-guy following on my heels, you'd never catch me crawling through holes in the walls of strange basements..."

Sure, she's new to the job and learning, but I think she's a great fit for the show.

Also, Kris doesn't seem as flighty and 'girly' as the other females they've had on the show in the past. When they get into a situation where somebody tells them the ghost usually singles out girls to mess with, Jason and Grant are like, "Ok Kris, we're going to send you in alone and see if anything happens." - Can you imagine Miss "I get touched everywhere" Donna, or the dowsing-rod girl, or any other female they've had on the show being willing to go into these places alone?

Remember the episode where Kris when down in the basement and saw the hole in the wall and got a chair so she could crawl into the hole to see what was in there, then got stuck? It was danged funny (especially when Grant crawled in to help her get out and HE got stuck!!)

Besides the humor of the situation, watching that I was thinking, "Even with camera-guy following on my heels, you'd never catch me crawling through holes in the walls of strange basements..."

Sure, she's new to the job and learning, but I think she's a great fit for the show.

Yeah, looks aside, she isn't hardly as girly and pathetic as Donna or Shannon from Ghost Hunters International. Whenever those two would even become a little uneasy they would cry and lunge for their worthless rosery beads.

Yeah, this is one of the only times I've seen Jason 'lead' a client when it comes to EVP's.

Usually, they'll listen and let people make of the sound what they will. This time the guy's like, "sounds like breathing, maybe", and Jason says, "Well, it sounded like "Yes" to us." - just thought that was out of character for him.

Side note - I missed 5 minutes of the show because Jason was saying something about how Kris's body reacts to EMF and I blacked out imagining the ways I could get that little body to react to ME!! :devil:

:o Thats a little Creepy :)

I enjoyed this episode, but there are some down sides to it. My team is very criticizing of our own evidence, as you should be real and objective towards any piece of evidence you collect for a client. I don't exactly agree with presenting really weak EVP's such as the "Yes" or "Yeah" they claim is a response. Do you really want your clients to put their ears up against your speakers to listen to something that is even questionable? I don't understand why they change their protocol when presenting an EVP to the client and not have the client try and determine if they can hear it or not. It sort of saves face and gives you more credibility by giving your team that disclaimer. Your in the safe zone by stating your just not sure what it could be. Don't label it if you aren't sure about it. I wouldn't present anything if I'm not 100% sure its paranormal. I'm not here to fool myself or the client. It isn't fair. It gives the field a bad reputation if you lead yourself and your client to believing something that is questionable.

I think sometimes they play into certain things to wet the whistle of the client depending on who it is? Look... its the Cashtown Inn!? I am sure they are going to do what it takes to even make their weakest evidence look good for the client. They are trying to build a rapport with them. I've been to the Cashtown Inn. They are expensive as hell. Its like $200 a night to stay there. I haven't stayed there personally, but visited it during the day.

I'm a huge fan of TAPS and I've grown to enjoy a lot more later on than I did in the beginning as newer shows come out and I understand more why they do things a certain way.

As for the picture moving, Grant did state to the client no offense to the client he checked if it had a magnet or string to make sure it wasn't hoaxed because its a huge piece of evidence.

I don't think Kris has done much either to be honest. She's still in training in my opinion. So maybe this is because she is still learning. I'd wait to see what she does in the 2nd half of season 4. Or even 5 if there is one. I agree with having the looks statement said earlier. The only reason PRS ever got a show on A & E is because they are a young good looking group. Not to sound sexist but its true. If you are good looking, the media will be all over you. LOL...

The only thing I disagree with is this... and not many people see this like I do >

It seems like any place TAPS hit, almost every establishment runs a business off their haunting. Now all of them charge paranormal groups to investigate. I don't think that's very fair to the field itself. I'm not saying TAPS is going to be around forever or hit every single place, but the places they hit so far are making it hard for us smaller groups to investigate or find a location to study without being charged a large sum of money for it. This is why I keep all of our clients strictly private and confidential. Unless they want to go public. I'm just saying that even though that TAPS have done so much for the field, they are also doing a lot of harm for the field. For a field that's supposed to be volunteer, that its turning into a very competitive business regarding money.

Just my opinion!

HAHA! No, Creepy would be confessing my plan to stage a ghost hoax to try and attract TAPS to investigate so I could take a shot... :P

:o Thats a little Creepy :)

I agree that the only part of the episode I found disturbing was the EVP and leading the client. It seemed out of place to me. the picture was great and it seems like a real phenomena. I assume that they checked out the picture during the day and looked to make sure it wasn't hoaxed by daylight, but that is only an assumption.

For anyone who saw Ghost Hunters tonight, WOW at that picture moving. It was like there was a guy sitting in the chair and he was pulling the picture towards him so that he could look at it.

It sure was interesting!

The Video

I agree that the only part of the episode I found disturbing was the EVP and leading the client. It seemed out of place to me. the picture was great and it seems like a real phenomena. I assume that they checked out the picture during the day and looked to make sure it wasn't hoaxed by daylight, but that is only an assumption.

I second that! :tu:

It's also a pity that they didn't take a week off work and explore further whilst in Gettysburg.....as in....

Gettysburg Ghost

Or

Edited by KAOSInc

It's funny. I like Ghost Hunters. I really do. If I can't catch the new episodes on Scifi, I just check their website afterwards and watch what I missed. I can't help but feel that SOME, not all, evidence could be replicated. The moving picture frame slides three times to the right, almost as if tugged. It reminds me of the moving lamp next to Grant during their investigation of the Stanley Hotel the first time where in two different shots, the lamp cord moves drastically. Every recent episode I see now, I can't help but think of how I could possibly replicate it; whereas when I first started watching the show's first season, I was hooked on the show itself and not question much in the veracity of the investigators. I'll continue to watch, hope, and pray that TAPS wouldn't stoop to fabrication. I just can't shake the feeling that the "Evidence" in some episodes is just rigged.

Although I did think the arguing over the red headphones was downright hilarious.... :D

Edited by TwilightSilver

Lol, the headphones. . .poor Tango. He's always getting picked on. Like the tiara thing :lol:

I thought the EVP thing was a bit disturbing. . .if only for the fact that if it were some of the early episodes, and the sound was that difficult to pick up, they would have probably thrown it out.

Like with Ghost Hunters International, I didn't hear most of those EVPs. . .

I don't know. . .I love TAPS. . .but I'm really worried, that by being on TV, they're going to really start pushing for evidence even if its not really there. . .I hope not. . .but its been bothering me alot lately.

:tu: Agreed. She is a very attractive girl, but she also seems to at least have a good head on her shoulder. She got sick in the Gettysburg episode, spent an hour in the bathroom being sick, and after she rested a while, was ready to try again!! I mean, honestly, I know alot of women who think Steve is the hottest thing on TV, but you never hear anyone say anything bad about an good looking guy in the group, and he wouldn't do half the stuff that Kris does.

It's funny. I like Ghost Hunters. I really do. If I can't catch the new episodes on Scifi, I just check their website afterwards and watch what I missed. I can't help but feel that SOME, not all, evidence could be replicated. The moving picture frame slides three times to the right, almost as if tugged. It reminds me of the moving lamp next to Grant during their investigation of the Stanley Hotel the first time where in two different shots, the lamp cord moves drastically. Every recent episode I see now, I can't help but think of how I could possibly replicate it; whereas when I first started watching the show's first season, I was hooked on the show itself and not question much in the veracity of the investigators. I'll continue to watch, hope, and pray that TAPS wouldn't stoop to fabrication. I just can't shake the feeling that the "Evidence" in some episodes is just rigged.

Although I did think the arguing over the red headphones was downright hilarious.... :D

Sometimes I get that feeling too. I don't believe that TAPS would falsify anything, but sometimes some of the evidence they get is just not quite up to par in my opinion.

And yes, the headphone thing was great!! I like it when they show stuff like that about any of the TAPS people. Keeps them more down to earth in my mind I guess.

Edited by 667-Neighbor of the Beast