Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strange Dream Thing...

jcb33

Hey all, recently I have started having a weird experience, quite regularly when I am asleep, but close to when I will wake up, I will see myself lying in bed, and then feel like something is pulling me down the bed, I have the ability to fight it, and to start with did do, but I now let it pull and I then end up sitting on the floor at the bottom of my bed, in a lucid dream, I am able to walk around, and do what I want to, I can feel things much like in real life, and it seems much more realistic than a normal dream.

Each time I am there I have the strange desire to jump out the window, but every time I get to that point I become afraid, wondering if it is real or not, even when I can cleary see it is not, for example last night there were strange things outside the window but I was still not sure.... Any idea what I am experiencing, and why I feel like I should jump out the window, but am prevented from doing so? Thanks!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jcb33

• John from Lowell

• eight bits

• AngelOfMusic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say that part of you wants to explore the outside world and part of you is fearful of the experience.

See if walking around the house will help. Kind of like taking small steps before you go out into the big wide world.

John

I would say that part of you wants to explore the outside world and part of you is fearful of the experience.

See if walking around the house will help. Kind of like taking small steps before you go out into the big wide world.

John

In the dream yes? Could be worth a try as I am yet to leave my room, but at the same time im still unsure why it seems so much more real than a dream... Thanks for the advice though :)

What John says is good. Even as a general rule, if there is something you are reluctant to do in a recurring dream, then it probably is a good idea to do it when the opportunity presents itself again.

Recurring dreams are, after all, recurring thoughts. You are mulling something over, and haven't come to a resolution yet, whether in your mind or in your life.

It probably isn't as corny as "I need to get out more." You probably do know what it is, though, which is not the same as knowing that you know.

Writing about it, even to post on a web forum, is a step towards resolution. It gets you thinking about whatever is going on while you are awake. Doing just that is the "meaning" of many dreams. Maybe this one, too.

For what it is worth, "false awakenings" and lucid dreams occur to many people. It is interesting to see them in the same event. Both a sense of vividness and recurrence are ways to grab your waking attention, and so I wouldn't read more into either one than that. It does have your attention now, so indulge it and see where your thinking takes you.

That is a very nice detail, by the way, where you sense that you can resist it, and choose not to. There is also a sense of "I've chosen to come this far, I should finish the job" quality to the whole episode, for whatever that is worth.

Edited by eight bits

Does anybody think it could possibly be astral projection? It's just if it feel so much more realistic than a dream, maybe its an OBE. Either way, it still wouldn't hurt to jump out the window, but maybe you shouldn't if you are reluctant. Like John said, try walking around the house, and take small steps before you feel you are ready to go outside the house.

Or maybe you should just try the door.

Does anybody think it could possibly be astral projection? It's just if it feel so much more realistic than a dream, maybe its an OBE. Either way, it still wouldn't hurt to jump out the window, but maybe you shouldn't if you are reluctant. Like John said, try walking around the house, and take small steps before you feel you are ready to go outside the house.

Or maybe you should just try the door.

I would agree that this is leading to some kind of OBE. It could be in the form of lucid dreams or some form of AP. Whatever form it eventually takes, it is importent to appreciate it involves the 6th sense that most of our culture is uncomfortable with. That energy is expressed so clearly in the fear of just jumping out the window.

That is also why I encourage going slowly. We as a culture need to integrate our fears with our inner desires. You are a wise angel if you can introduce a little humor and use the door when necessary.

Well, AoM and John, we can only go by what the poster wrote, and maybe compare that to other reports.

The poster reports a dream in which she sees herself in a realistic place for her to be at the time. And, in the natural continuation of the action, she reports herself becoming aware that she is dreaming. She was there, she's telling the story in her own words, and she said dream.

Vividness is not an unusual element in lucid dreams (although they are different issues). It is not unusual to be lucid for only part of a dream. Other people do report dreaming of OBE's, and being confident that they are dreaming.

People who report both that they experience lucid dreams and that they experience AP sometimes say that they can tell the difference.

None of that makes it so, of course. The poster could be mistaken. But it is hard for me to look past the testimony, especially when the report makes a lot of sense as a dream. In contrast to APers, many of whom observe that just to think of a place sends them there, dreamers regularly report that they think of a place to go, but are afraid to go there.

(Clarification: I didn't understand John to be saying that she shouldn't go outside, just that she might want to move around indoors first. As to trying the door instead, well sure. The only reservation I have is that "jump out the window" is a different idea from "go through the door." And the strange things the poster reported were at the window. Maybe it matters, maybe not.)

Hey all, recently I have started having a weird experience, quite regularly when I am asleep, but close to when I will wake up, I will see myself lying in bed, and then feel like something is pulling me down the bed, I have the ability to fight it, and to start with did do, but I now let it pull and I then end up sitting on the floor at the bottom of my bed, in a lucid dream, I am able to walk around, and do what I want to, I can feel things much like in real life, and it seems much more realistic than a normal dream.

Each time I am there I have the strange desire to jump out the window, but every time I get to that point I become afraid, wondering if it is real or not, even when I can cleary see it is not, for example last night there were strange things outside the window but I was still not sure.... Any idea what I am experiencing, and why I feel like I should jump out the window, but am prevented from doing so? Thanks!

Astral Projection my friend! PM me if you wnat more info on this!

Astral Projection my friend! PM me if you wnat more info on this!

Yeah thats what i think. But eightbits could be right aswell, if you are ocnfident its a dream though, mate, it's proabbly a dream.

It sounds like a good thing, whatever it is, so i suggest going with your instincts.

Best Wishes, AoM xx

Jcb 33,

Hi , I am a mystic and I'm not sure I want to scare, so take this with a grain of salt, you but I think their is something more happening than just dreams. Yes , I am a dream interpreter but their are somethings that goes beyond dreaming.

Astro Attacker,

I'm talking about succubus they are called psychic vampires, well I know that not happening to you but if you think it is call the name of Jesus while in the dream that usually stop it----if not call the name of God YWAY that will definitely stop it ---even if it's only a dream.

Have a nice day, smile..

Jcb 33,

Hi , I am a mystic and I'm not sure I want to scare, so take this with a grain of salt, you but I think their is something more happening than just dreams. Yes , I am a dream interpreter but their are somethings that goes beyond dreaming.

Astro Attacker,

I'm talking about succubus they are called psychic vampires, well I know that not happening to you but if you think it is call the name of Jesus while in the dream that usually stop it----if not call the name of God YWAY that will definitely stop it ---even if it's only a dream.

Have a nice day, smile..

My ex is a succubus.