Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

have you had someone close to you die?

New School Percussionist

My father passed 2 1/2 years ago. Me, being extremely Catholic back when i was 13 thought that he would come to me in a dream or send me signs or whatnot in my life. So far, 2 1/2 years later, I still have gotten nothing. Would anyone be kind enough to explain or guide me in which i could be able to communicate with him or get signs? unless its something to do with the spirits wanting to reveal themselves when they feel its right or totally not possible.

Much appreciated!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• New School Percussionist

• Radian

• Lt_Ripley

• gigs

When my mother (who was a red head) died in 1990, a cardinal kept flying into the kitchen window and then retreating to a branch of a nearby tree. Every day, a couple of times a day.

Three months later my father died (who had the bluest eyes you ever saw), and on the morning of the funeral, the cardinal banged into the window again. Only this time, when it flew to the tree, it landed on the same branch as a blue jay. They then flew off together.

My sister, who also witnessed this ( along with two of my nieces and my wife) remarked: "Mom was waiting for dad. They are together again"

I thought it was an odd occurance, but didn't argue the point.

Later on, when my wife and I moved into the house, we heard the sound of a closing door in the basement ( my father's workshop). And, although the door in question was locked and bolted, several people also heard it. No explanation was found, other than the idea that my father was coming to visit.

Along the same vein, my sister was rather cross with me, since I had a dream visitation from both our parents, while she had none. :huh: Like I had control of this.

Sorry if this doesn't quite answer your question, but I really don't think you can "force" an appearance or visit from the deceased. But, I think you just have to relax and allow yourself to be open to the possibility that they might communicate.

My brother died 3 and a half years ago. about a month after he died while coming out of our bathroom at night I thought for a brief moment I saw him sitting at the kitchen table. but I could be mistaken it was dark.

my grandfather had a habit of watching the news then coming upstairs soon after. Years after his death I had his room , at precisely 11:30 I heard the stairs creaking like someone was coming up - there was only me and my gran ( no pets at the time ). I heard footsteps all the way to my bedroom door. they stoppped.

I thought it was my gran sneaking to see if I fell asleep with the TV on so I quickly opened the door to catch her. there was no one there. I went and woke her up to ask if she had been downstairs - she yelled at me no and that I woke her up.

When my mother (who was a red head) died in 1990, a cardinal kept flying into the kitchen window and then retreating to a branch of a nearby tree. Every day, a couple of times a day.

Three months later my father died (who had the bluest eyes you ever saw), and on the morning of the funeral, the cardinal banged into the window again. Only this time, when it flew to the tree, it landed on the same branch as a blue jay. They then flew off together.

My sister, who also witnessed this ( along with two of my nieces and my wife) remarked: "Mom was waiting for dad. They are together again"

I thought it was an odd occurance, but didn't argue the point.

Later on, when my wife and I moved into the house, we heard the sound of a closing door in the basement ( my father's workshop). And, although the door in question was locked and bolted, several people also heard it. No explanation was found, other than the idea that my father was coming to visit.

Along the same vein, my sister was rather cross with me, since I had a dream visitation from both our parents, while she had none. :huh: Like I had control of this.

Sorry if this doesn't quite answer your question, but I really don't think you can "force" an appearance or visit from the deceased. But, I think you just have to relax and allow yourself to be open to the possibility that they might communicate.

thats pretty cool, though at first i didnt find any signs i started to feel... awkward i should say that nothing was coming at all. but thanks for your input.

My brother died 3 and a half years ago. about a month after he died while coming out of our bathroom at night I thought for a brief moment I saw him sitting at the kitchen table. but I could be mistaken it was dark.

my grandfather had a habit of watching the news then coming upstairs soon after. Years after his death I had his room , at precisely 11:30 I heard the stairs creaking like someone was coming up - there was only me and my gran ( no pets at the time ). I heard footsteps all the way to my bedroom door. they stoppped.

I thought it was my gran sneaking to see if I fell asleep with the TV on so I quickly opened the door to catch her. there was no one there. I went and woke her up to ask if she had been downstairs - she yelled at me no and that I woke her up.

that is very odd. now that you mention the dark and evening hours, once i was walking downstairs at around 11:30 as well and i saw an outline of a human figure, pure white outline like a silhouette standing right at the door into my mom's computer room. it scared my sh**less but i was extremely thirsty so i just kept walking to the kitchen in the dark. when i was walking back upstairs it was gone, and then when i was halfway up the stairs i looked back and it was there again. again, scared me sh**less but i was thinking it would be either my dad or an angel since my dad passed away overnight.

also during the night when i go to the bathroom or get thirsty i tend to see things and sometimes see like flashes of white light like someones taking a picture... which is why i try to go to the bathroom and quench myself before i go to sleep now, freaky things.

My Dad passed away from a Brain Tumor, Cancer on 4/8/03 and it feels like yesterday. My psychic said he visits me and my 3 children often.

I've also experienced the red cardinal after my mother's death, not once but three times in a two week period.. my father, after he passed, come to me in a dream.. he called me on the phone... I almost forgot his voice, what he sounded like until this dream.. Hes called me twice since.

The night before my grandma's funeral, I was laying in bed all alone, trying not to cry when someone sat down on the end of my bed and rubbed my feet. My grandma used to rub my feet all the time. I know that she was there comforting me. Then she and my grandpa who had died 6 years before her came to me in a dream, telling me that they were happy and together and for me to tell the family that they were watching over us.

thank you for your responses

so it does seem as if there is a place where we go and enjoy life after death... the only question is for how long? where is it? and will we ever just disappear?

thank you for your responses

so it does seem as if there is a place where we go and enjoy life after death... the only question is for how long? where is it? and will we ever just disappear?

Sorry to crap on your hot streak but I've lost some people very close to me and never once did I have any sort of experience that indicated to me that they were trying to contact me. Belive me, I looked and searched for any kind of a sign, but none was forth coming.

Any sort of a afterlife (to me at least) is simply wishful thinking.

:D My mother had a stroke back in 1980,and was paralyzed on one side,but was able to speak normally.Some people with strokes their face can droop on one side,etc. Anyhow,the night she died, on April3,1982,my dad had a dream about her.

Daddy told us the next day,that he saw momma,and she was walking!!! He said,Emma you're walking!! To which she replied,Yes Fred ,I'm better now.Daddy said they went walking together in this beautiful garden,and they stopped and talked to people they hadn't seen in years.

On occasion after she passed,we could smell her Jungle Gardinia perfume.There were no flowers in the house or outside to account for the smell.

It was her way to say she was just checking on us kids before she moved on. Whenever I see a rabbit or meadowlark or redwing blackbird,

I think it's my parents way of saying hello,because they liked those animals.

I have had dreams with both my parents in them,and once in awhile a dream with just my mom or dad in it.

Not everyone has such dreams.And even if you don't ,they still love you and care about you.

Where it is and for how long I don't know.

You might want to look up reincarnation and transmigration of souls.There is a passage in the bible were Jesus asks the apostles,"Who do they say I am" refering to the people. Some say you are Elijah,etc. The implication being that Jesus was the reincarnation of the prophet Elijah.Some one here better versed in the bible can tell you where in the New Testament it is at.

My father passed 2 1/2 years ago. Me, being extremely Catholic back when i was 13 thought that he would come to me in a dream or send me signs or whatnot in my life. So far, 2 1/2 years later, I still have gotten nothing. Would anyone be kind enough to explain or guide me in which i could be able to communicate with him or get signs? unless its something to do with the spirits wanting to reveal themselves when they feel its right or totally not possible.

Much appreciated!

Biblicaly, those who have died, know not what goes on, on earth. It is written "the dead know nothing under the sun".

Sorry to crap on your hot streak but I've lost some people very close to me and never once did I have any sort of experience that indicated to me that they were trying to contact me. Belive me, I looked and searched for any kind of a sign, but none was forth coming.

well, dont we all wish to live on? i dont think that anyone would want to just "disappear." but its alright, i dont think i was on a hotstreak anyways

:D My mother had a stroke back in 1980,and was paralyzed on one side,but was able to speak normally.Some people with strokes their face can droop on one side,etc. Anyhow,the night she died, on April3,1982,my dad had a dream about her.

Daddy told us the next day,that he saw momma,and she was walking!!! He said,Emma you're walking!! To which she replied,Yes Fred ,I'm better now.Daddy said they went walking together in this beautiful garden,and they stopped and talked to people they hadn't seen in years.

On occasion after she passed,we could smell her Jungle Gardinia perfume.There were no flowers in the house or outside to account for the smell.

It was her way to say she was just checking on us kids before she moved on. Whenever I see a rabbit or meadowlark or redwing blackbird,

I think it's my parents way of saying hello,because they liked those animals.

I have had dreams with both my parents in them,and once in awhile a dream with just my mom or dad in it.

Not everyone has such dreams.And even if you don't ,they still love you and care about you.

Where it is and for how long I don't know.

You might want to look up reincarnation and transmigration of souls.There is a passage in the bible were Jesus asks the apostles,"Who do they say I am" refering to the people. Some say you are Elijah,etc. The implication being that Jesus was the reincarnation of the prophet Elijah.Some one here better versed in the bible can tell you where in the New Testament it is at.

that is a very beautiful story, thank you for sharing. and also thank you for the input on what i can do.

Biblicaly, those who have died, know not what goes on, on earth. It is written "the dead know nothing under the sun".

that is true. though, i am not very fond of the bible in many categories because it just doesn't make sense. i hear the phrase "< insert loved one> is watching over you" so thats contradicting the statement in the bible. but thats just my input. thanks though

I've also experienced the red cardinal after my mother's death, not once but three times in a two week period.. my father, after he passed, come to me in a dream.. he called me on the phone... I almost forgot his voice, what he sounded like until this dream.. Hes called me twice since.

a neighbor lady used to say all the time if a cardinal perched on your house someone was going to die.

maybe no one wants to see you ?

biblically donkeys talk too ................. next ...

haha LtR you're quite the artist

i always thought crows were signs of death... but cardinals ive never heard of. interesting...

The Orthopaedic Surgeon I worked with died unexpectedly 6 years ago. (Massive heart attack). I have since broken 3 bones, and each time he has come to me in a dream to comfort me. He tells me that it will heal satisfactorily, and not to worry too much. I always am glad to be with him in the dream, and the dream fills me with hope and peace.

The Orthopaedic Surgeon I worked with died unexpectedly 6 years ago. (Massive heart attack). I have since broken 3 bones, and each time he has come to me in a dream to comfort me. He tells me that it will heal satisfactorily, and not to worry too much. I always am glad to be with him in the dream, and the dream fills me with hope and peace.

an orthopedic surgeon... congratulations on your accomplishment. and thats a great way to stay connected with some of your friends after death :] i just wish my dad did the same... unless im in such a heavy sleep every night that he cant penetrate the barriers if any :lol:

a neighbor lady used to say all the time if a cardinal perched on your house someone was going to die.

My grandmother said that a dream of a black horse or black train also represented sign of a death..

an orthopedic surgeon... congratulations on your accomplishment. and thats a great way to stay connected with some of your friends after death :] i just wish my dad did the same... unless im in such a heavy sleep every night that he cant penetrate the barriers if any :lol:

well it took a while for my father to come to me.. but it's like him to wait and take his time.. it's like my mother to be subtle..

and im convinced they always come check on us, just we are not aware of it.

well it took a while for my father to come to me.. but it's like him to wait and take his time.. it's like my mother to be subtle..

and im convinced they always come check on us, just we are not aware of it.

may be true, my father was sort of "get the job done, now i can rest" sort of person... so if that would be the case i would have expected his arrival already in some way... but you know even if they do check on us it would be nice to see them in a dream every now and then ;[ tend to miss them especially at my age +-10 years

Yes. My dad died on my birthday, was revived for 7 hours and then died the day after my birthday 02/11/2007. A close friend just died 3/22/2008.

I have had "father"experiences but nothing with my friend. I think it's too early for my friend.

may be true, my father was sort of "get the job done, now i can rest" sort of person... so if that would be the case i would have expected his arrival already in some way... but you know even if they do check on us it would be nice to see them in a dream every now and then ;[ tend to miss them especially at my age +-10 years

I know how it feels. It would be nice to see them or know they have come..but again. .. they do, and they do in your sleep more likely.. as time passes youll begin to remember their visits.. i'm sure of it. :}