Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dear Skepitcs...

DfizzleShizzle

Don't do the vid. I rather you do not. You have to do whatever makes you happy. If you are not happy to post the vid then don't post it. I don't need to prove anything and I am also very happy. This fourm is just a break from the real world. You do not do things you do not what just because we ask you. You do stuff because you feel comfortable doing it. In this case I don't feel there is any need for you to post a video. Because the results will be the same weather you are sucessful or not. Nobody will change their viewpoint. So do only what you wish.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DfizzleShizzle

• Sabbath

• drakonwick

• Im-postle-able

Majority vote says I DONT DO THE VID! Only Moro and Eric's votes count, because everyone else who voted was AFTER 9:00...Which makes it a tie..But I vote I dont do it..So...MAJORITY WINS...

So Heartagram, I assume you cannot do the covered pin wheel. Now you are making excuses once more, as always, to get around it. Look, if you have these abilities, then you spent/spend time to develop them. How come you all of the sudden don't have time to back up your claims? And please don't tell me you don't have like 10-20 minutes of your life, and a transparent bowl to put up this video. I am 21, I live with my gf, I have friends, family, a work, and I know for sure that I have atleast time to do such. And I even agreed to do your test, but I am not going to bother if you just make more excuses. And to vote, don't make that "uncovered" test on Wednesday, because it proves nothing.

Hey...No skeptic could waste 5 mins of their time, to do a tiny test..So why should I return the favor...?

This thread got me thinking of scientific research into the field of unexplained phenomena so I will post this here. The best test for the OP experiences would be a double blind study where two people are sat behind a divider. A random group is chosen to feel in between the hands of the two people and relay their experiences to an observing assistant. For the regular group the two people will be the OP and someone whose hands look a bit like his. The OP will be channeling. Additionally temperature and electro-magnetic readings should be taken between the two hands and recorded. The control group would be two people with no abilities. As per the double blind rules the attendant who is recording the reactions and readings will not know if they are in the control or not and will not know which hands are supposedly channeling.

However, since the OP seems reluctant to do a much simpler test I have my doubts that he would dare do an actual scientific study in this supposed phenomena.

I also want to say that it is not the job of the skeptics or the believers to bring proof to the table just because of the nature of them being skeptics or believers. Anyone who seeks an actual answer to the truth should be trying to find proof. The OP idea of this "proof" is absurd, but that doesn't mean that skeptics shouldn't try as hard as believers to prove things. Personally, if I had the money to I would fly out and conduct this study myself even though I don't believe a word the OP is saying about this (based mostly on the reluctance to try other tests).

Majority vote says I DONT DO THE VID! Only Moro and Eric's votes count, because everyone else who voted was AFTER 9:00...Which makes it a tie..But I vote I dont do it..So...MAJORITY WINS...

Figures. THEN STOP MAKING THESE CLAIMS. Do us all a favor.

Heart, i'm your mate, but i've got to say, if you don't have time to prove it, just believe in it, don't claim you can. Because everyone wants proof! I love you to little tiny pieces, but i see a storm coming...

Plus, why has this thread suddenly changed? I was having fun!

Angel x

Heart, i'm your mate, but i've got to say, if you don't have time to prove it, just believe in it, don't claim you can. Because everyone wants proof! I love you to little tiny pieces, but i see a storm coming...

Plus, why has this thread suddenly changed? I was having fun!

Angel x

I personally do not mind talking about the supernatural world that seems to be all around us.

But, when people start making amazing claims with no kind of proof that it could be possible,

it just kind of throws everything off in a thread to, (WHERE IS THE PROOF.) This is not a way

to have a good discussion on paranormal subjects.

Amazing claims should be left for blog entries, where they can't mess up a good discussion.

Regards,

Tom

I personally do not mind talking about the supernatural world that seems to be all around us.

But, when people start making amazing claims with no kind of proof that it could be possible,

it just kind of throws everything off in a thread to, (WHERE IS THE PROOF.) This is not a way

Amazing claims should be left for blog entries, where they can't mess up a good discussion.

Regards,

Tom

Thanks. A BLOG would be the best place for Heart's claims.

Thanks. A BLOG would be the best place for Heart's claims.

I have a brilliant idea! How about we leave the moderating to the moderators?

While a certain degree of skepticism goes with the territory, trollish behavior most certainly does not. That goes for both sides

I have a brilliant idea! How about we leave the moderating to the moderators?

While a certain degree of skepticism goes with the territory, trollish behavior most certainly does not. That goes for both sides

I respect that too. However, I think the original post is counter to the idea. The OP claims he can do something, but refuses to back up the claim. I don't presume to moderate the thread, but I can understand the sentiments of people who are basically being told that they are wrong for not believing while also being offered nothing to believe.

to the OP:

Personally, I want to believe, but I find it hard to when there is no evidence to support the claims. I want the OP to understand that there are just so many claims made all of the time that it is hard to believe without some measure of proof. Further I personally think the "test" you propose is unscientific and would love to see a more scientific test done. I don't think it is on the skeptics or the believers to provide proof over the other. If you want people to believe you though then there are ways to try and prove it. If you don't want to be believed (as I am to assume since you voted not to make a video), then it is best not to ask others to try and "prove" it for you.

Also it should be noted you said it was a tie in the vote, but the voter that you said voted against making a video actually said he didn't care. You counted that as a vote against, but in reality it wasn't a vote at all.

Without a doubt the subject of psycho-kinetic abilities is highly controversial. UM has some members making some rather dubious claims of fantastic powers without posting verifiable evidence of it's existence.

We also have some members who clamor for "proof" yet I suspect that certain minds are so closed that the very proof they profess to search for could slap them upside the head and they would never even notice.

It is frustrating trying to moderate a discussion board with such polarized groups who forget the very fundamentals of discussing and exchanging views and ideas. Where we go from here is entirely up to you guys..

I am putting everyone on notice here that any sort of behavior that violates the ToS of UM will earn a warning and/or suspension of posting privileges

It is frustrating trying to moderate a discussion board with such polarized groups who forget the very fundamentals of discussing and exchanging views and ideas. Where we go from here is entirely up to you guys..

hehe... which is why we all greatly respect but not envy the job that the mods do...

Without a doubt the subject of psycho-kinetic abilities is highly controversial. UM has some members making some rather dubious claims of fantastic powers without posting verifiable evidence of it's existence.

We also have some members who clamor for "proof" yet I suspect that certain minds are so closed that the very proof they profess to search for could slap them upside the head and they would never even notice.

I am putting everyone on notice here that any sort of behavior that violates the ToS of UM will earn a warning and/or suspension of posting privileges

A very fair response to the whole thing.

I am starting this over so if I sound like I'm repeating myself it's only because I want to start anew:

The field of psionic abilities is a hard one to talk about in general. Because there are people who disbelieve in the subject believers are expected to try extra hard to prove the abilities. Is it fair? I can't say. Honestly, I think both sides should be researching these paranormal fields. However, I don't think the original idea is a way of researching the field as it still relies on much more observational and insubstantial evidence.

Honestly, there is a great experiment that could be done to try and prove this. The idea would be to get a random sampling of people. The key here is that it's random, not people that you know. You would then get the people to put their hands between the hands of two different subjects. An observer would record the observations of the random person and would also take temperature and electromagnetic readings in between each set of hands. In the regular group the two people would be the original poster channeling is energy and another person whose hands look similar to the OPs. In a control group the two hands would be two people with no abilities. The observer who records the data would not know if they were in the regular or control group and they would not know whose hands are whose. This whole thing should be taped as well. This would provide much empirical evidence on the subject. It would not convince everyone for sure, but it would be a big step towards the advancement of scientific research on the subject.

These are my opinions on the subject. I won't repeat this again because I only did it this time because I am restarting my opinions and place in this thread. All of my previous posts (good or bad) in this thread are null and void as far as I'm concerned.

Regards,

Tom

The only time, I have actually claimed something, is when I am either asking for, or giving help...I don't go around making claims cause I'm bored...And, I have provided you all, with tons of written evidence and theories, videos, and hours of my time...If thats not enough than what is?!

The only time, I have actually claimed something, is when I am either asking for, or giving help...I don't go around making claims cause I'm bored...And, I have provided you all, with tons of written evidence and theories, videos, and hours of my time...If thats not enough than what is?!

This isn't what it is about Heart. Because we have asked (and you agreed) to make a video which would actually be convincing, you probably realised you can't do it. Now you are going off on one, and making excuses. Constant excuse "I have a life". So do I, job/family/friends/gf but I can take some time out of my life, no problem? May I remind you that a job has longer hours than school.

Can't say I'm surprised to be honest, oh well. I have lost all interest in you, as I was looking for possible answers, not just to bring you back to reality.

Back on topic, you said something about me not taking 5 minutes to do a test, as I SAID: I was going to do it, then you stated you're not doing your test anymore. So I'm not bothering either.

Edited by Blacksabbath

• 2 weeks later...

Did the test, it's been two weeks and felt nothing. Nor did my girlfriend. [initiating Excuse:] Maybe I have a low powerlevel and should train for years before I feel ki power.

/shrug @ Heart

One...You should of felt something yourself before tryin it on others...Like Moro...He at;least thought he felt somethin...Then he did the test...If you dsont feel anything, the odds of someone else feelin it too are almost none...

Makes Rude Gesture @ Blacksabbath...

One...You should of felt something yourself before tryin it on others...Like Moro...He at;least thought he felt somethin...Then he did the test...If you dsont feel anything, the odds of someone else feelin it too are almost none...

Makes Rude Gesture @ Blacksabbath...

Rude gestures eh? I didn't say anything nasty to you lil fella. And After 2 weeks of not feeling anything but my imagination, I tried it with me gf. And nothing again. And yes, my imagination, feeling heat or cold because I imagine to. Probably the answer to all psi balls. Still, rude gestures? tsk tsk. Can see you are thirteen. Or was it twelve?

Which reminds me, you still never quoted and answered my post 4 posts up.

Edited by Blacksabbath

Rude gestures eh? I didn't say anything nasty to you lil fella. And After 2 weeks of not feeling anything but my imagination, I tried it with me gf. And nothing again. And yes, my imagination, feeling heat or cold because I imagine to. Probably the answer to all psi balls. Still, rude gestures? tsk tsk. Can see you are thirteen. Or was it twelve?

Which reminds me, you still never quoted and answered my post 4 posts up.

Hehe...It was just for emphasize...And, I didn't see your other post..I'll check em now...Oh..I did see thta one..I have no reply to it..Think what you want about me, couldn't care less...=D

Hehe...It was just for emphasize...And, I didn't see your other post..I'll check em now...Oh..I did see thta one..I have no reply to it..Think what you want about me, couldn't care less...=D

Good thinking for a reply to me comparing my free time to yours, yet you cannot do a proper test. I have a life this, I am not a lab rat that. I'm finding this well amusing ^_^ thanks

• 2 months later...

Taken off Psipog.net, psiboy124 asks on May 14, 2006, 10:46am:

Sorry; this is not a question, but I just had to tell something. I think the best thing to do with psiballs when you get good is to make a hot psiball in one hand and a cold psiball in the other, then shape them into dragons and make them fight. When I first dreamed this up, I watched it for like a hour(recharging them every now and then). It is the COOLEST!

:hmm: Seriously? You expect me to believe this and then go on to further waste my time by trying it myself?

Edited by ShadowsAndDust

Taken off Psipog.net, psiboy124 asks on May 14, 2006, 10:46am:

Sorry; this is not a question, but I just had to tell something. I think the best thing to do with psiballs when you get good is to make a hot psiball in one hand and a cold psiball in the other, then shape them into dragons and make them fight. When I first dreamed this up, I watched it for like a hour(recharging them every now and then). It is the COOLEST!

:hmm: Seriously? You expect me to believe this and then go on to further waste my time by trying it myself?

Yes I expect that of you. Why not?

Yes I expect that of you. Why not?

Yea, I'm not going to waste my time even believing something so stupid and ludicrous. Think about it, wouldn't it have been made public if someone could do that? Don't give me anything about a government conspiracy or something along those lines because thats simply not true

Doesn't it phase you at all that there has never been a shred of evidence, not a single measurable, reproducible effect ever discovered in the realm of telekinesis. If the evidence is so obvious and testable then the scientific community would flood to you in huge numbers, the whole of humanity would be caught up in an age of discovery and development.. the repercussions for such evidence would have groundbreaking global repercussions... and yet no-one can find this evidence.... it's almost as if it doesn't exist!

You might find it interesting to know that there is considerable body of evidence for what I believe you mean to say as 'psychokinesis' or PK otherwise known in modern research as Mind-Matter-Interactions. The body of work is quite complete and reported regularly in peer-reviewed technical journals such as the Journal of Parapsychology and the Journal of the Society for Psychical Research. This work has been ongoing all over the world in scientific laboratories for decades. I don't know why more of it is not reported. Ask the editors of whatever periodicals you read for the answer to that one.